Pulse Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulse Generator

Here is a new circuit based of my roter less pulse moter.
    This is a differant way of reusing your back emf to run the ignition coil for the cfl.
    You can then collect the back emf of the ignition coil.
    I found this way I get a LOT more power and use way less power.
    You can allso use more than one coil or try differant coils.
    You can allso disconect the negative side of the ignition coil but still leave the negative side of the cap. and diode connected to +
    and you still get a lot of power for 10 to 20 mill amps.
    Attached Files

Looks good to me. When I get a chance I'll do another kitchen counter top thing and see how she flies.

Lidmotor

Comment

Thanks lidmotor your going to like this one.
      Uses under half the power of the old setup and allmost gives twice the power.
      I used a nightlight like you did in the videos and the light was brighter than its ever been.
      And the cap stayed at 140v to 150v while only using about 80mill amps.
      You'll notice the more load you put on it the less power it uses.If you put a big enought load on it to make the neon go out it only uses 60 to 70 mill amps while charging another batt.

And if you dissconect the - side of ignition coil but leave the- side of it running thro the diode and back to the + side it only uses 10 to 20 mill.
      And with the nightlight for a load it will keep about 60v in the cap still.
      Last edited by slayer007; 10-31-2008, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
        Thanks lidmotor your going to like this one.
        Uses under half the power of the old setup and allmost gives twice the power.
        I used a nightlight like you did in the videos and the light was brighter than its ever been.
        And the cap stayed at 140v to 150v while only using about 80mill amps.
        You'll notice the more load you put on it the less power it uses.If you put a big enought load on it to make the neon go out it only uses 60 to 70 mill amps while charging another batt.

And if you dissconect the - side of ignition coil but leave the- side of it running thro the diode and back to the + side it only uses 10 to 20 mill.
        And with the nightlight for a load it will keep about 60v in the cap still.
        will try this tonight whats the cap value?

Comment

Originally posted by Bodkins View Post
          will try this tonight whats the cap value?
          It's a larg capasitor 4400 mfd It allso works good with a smaller capasitor.

Comment

Slayer007 Pulse Generator --My replication

Good job Slayer!! Here is the video of my replication of your latest circuit. Works great! The video is another kitchen counter top displays with all the parts shown. Hopefully others can also replicate it . I could not get the amp draw dowm as low as you did but I think that is because my bifilar coil has less turns on it than it should.
            The power output when you disconnect the CFL part of the circuit is scary big. It lit up a 110v night light and held the voltage at the cap at over 50 volts. WOW!

Thanks for sharing it.

Lidmotor

YouTube - Slayer007 Pulse Generator --My Replication
            Last edited by Lidmotor; 10-31-2008, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
              Good job Slayer!! Here is the video of my replication of your latest circuit. Works great! The video is another kitchen counter top displays with all the parts shown. Hopefully others can also replicate it . I could not get the amp draw dowm as low as you did but I think that is because my bifilar coil has less turns on it than it should.
              The power output when you disconnect the CFL part of the circuit is scary big. It lit up a 110v night light and held the voltage at the cap at over 50 volts. WOW!

Thanks for sharing it.

Lidmotor

YouTube - Slayer007 Pulse Generator --My Replication

Thanks Lidmotor another Great video.
              If you want to see scary high votage totaly disconect the cfl from the ignition coil.
              Leave every thing as it is but no cfl at all.
              Nothing in the ignition coil Just using the coils for the power.

Comment

Sorry Lidmotor this is the wire I was talking about to really lower the amp input.
                I know I didn't explaine it to good.
                I just tried it and I can still light the night light. And it still had 40v in the cap and only used 10 mill volts.
                Some times it went to 0 well under 10 my meter wont see.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by slayer007; 11-01-2008, 01:43 AM.

Comment

OK. I'll try that. Now maybe you can figure out a way to go the other direction and get big scary light with a low amp draw and low charging. If you could do that then maybe just wire a switch to go from scary voltage to scary light. That would work for me. Happy Halloween!!

Lidmotor
                  Last edited by Lidmotor; 11-01-2008, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Here is a video showing the amp intake and voltage on the compasitor after load.
                    The load was from 110v nightlight.
                    YouTube - Slayer007 Pulse Generator

Comment

Voltage Regulated Slayer007 Pulse Generator

I put an adjustable voltage regulator on the Pulse Generator and made a video of how it works. It lets you control the juice going into oscillator and the voltage that you want the cap to sit at. This thing works well. I hope that more people will try it. Thanks Slayer for your circuit.

Cheers,

Lidmotor

YouTube - Slayer007 Pulse Generator--Voltage Regulated

Comment

Good going Lidmotor.I'll have to get one of them.I think that would help a lot.

Comment

Testing the Pulse Generator

Hi,

I spent all day testing. What I tried to do was get "light" directly out of the cap. First I tried a regular 12V flourscent light. It had a draw of 320 milliamps and it didn't work. I then tried my "Mini Box" CFL and that worked great. I adjusted the system so that it would run the light and charge the internal 10.5 v battery at the same time. Draw on the 12V source battery was regulated down to 7 v and 150 mill amps. The system would run the CFL without the internal battery connected or run and charge at the same time. A good day.

Lidmotor

YouTube - Load testing the Slayer007

Comment

Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                            Hi,

I spent all day testing. What I tried to do was get "light" directly out of the cap. First I tried a regular 12V flourscent light. It had a draw of 320 milliamps and it didn't work. I then tried my "Mini Box" CFL and that worked great. I adjusted the system so that it would run the light and charge the internal 10.5 v battery at the same time. Draw on the 12V source battery was regulated down to 7 v and 150 mill amps. The system would run the CFL without the internal battery connected or run and charge at the same time. A good day.

Lidmotor

YouTube - Load testing the Slayer007
                            Good test Lidmotor thanks for posting it.

Comment

Adjustable voltage regulator?

What is the part number and manufacturer?

Do they have these on Mouser?

Excellent Thread!

Thank you.....

Todd

Comment

Working...
                              X