My replication of the fuelless oil heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My replication of the fuelless oil heater

I am interested in replicating Loyds friction heater, but until I have everything I need for that, I decided to try out the heater with two cylinders and oil between them. I mean this one:
    http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8EbpSK6...Heater%20a.pdf
    Thank you Rick for the link

It is really easy and I threw it together in few hours. The outer cylinder is about 25 cm tall and 98mm in diameter with 2mm thick walls. The inner cylinder is about 20cm tall and 86mm in diameter also with 2mm walls. The gap between the cylinders is about 6mm. The inner cylinder has glued on caps so that its ends are shut and it can not fill with oil. The main shaft is just a piece of lead screw 10mm in diameter.

I filled the system up with synthetic gear oil and attached it to a drill press. The highest RPM's that the drill can put out is 2020 RPM. When I turned the drill ON, I started to monitor the temperatures with an IR thermometer. Unfortunately the IR thermometer does not give accurate readings from the shiny cylinder surface. So I put it away. After about 5 minutes, the outer cylinder temperature became so hot, that I could not hold my hand on it (that would be about 60 degree Celsius), so I stopped the drill. I also can not go too high because of the polycarbonate end caps, that could melt at gigher temperatures.

Anyway, it seems to work, it certainly puts out heat. I don't know about the efficiencies yet, but it works. Now I need to get a normal thermometer and do some more testing. Here are some pics:

Any comments and suggestions are welcomed
    Thanks,
    Jetijs
    It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

You really got something here!!

Nice way to go Jet!!
    Always do magic tricks with your hand!LOL
    Do you plan to put cap on your inner tube?
    Do you made some research on heat transfer?
    I`m not sure but there are some metal who transfer heat more than other.
    Waiting for more results..
    Nice job again Jet!!

Alain D
    Hope die last!!!

Comment

Hi Jetijs,

Very impressive prototype construction , the only problem I've ever seen with these type of devices is the oil foaming up and the oil loosing its viscosity from the heat from prolonged operation.

Best Regards,
      Glen
      Open Source Experimentalist
      Open Source Research and Development

Comment

Thanks guys.

Alain, the inner tube already has caps on both ends sealing it so that no oil can get in the inner tube
        Unfortunately there is a problem in my polycarbonate outer tube bottom plate, I have to replace it and do not have any polycarbonate left. So I will be able to do more testing only tomorrow evening. Will get a better thermometer and test this also with water and see what time it takes to get to a certain temperature using various liquids
        It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

Reply to Jetijs:

You're welcome, Jetijs. I'm glad you found the link useful. Yes, these type of heaters are rather simple to construct. Basically, it is a cavitation type heater, where disturbance of the liquid produces heat. The writers of the document found at the link suggest that something else is also going on inside, and that may actually be so, but doesn't seem to have been proven yet. In any case, it definitely works to create and transfer heat. The heat transfer effect to the inner container could be likened to holding a styrofoam cup of hot coffee, with a closed lid, in your hand. If you move your hand in a horizontal circular motion, to swirl the coffee, the cup gets hot very quickly and passes this heat to your hand. With your inner container, the heat is passed to the air inside. You may need to construct a metal bottom plate for each of the cylinders to avoid overheating problems. It will be interesting to see how your experiments go using different liquids.

Have fun, and keep us posted,

Rick
          "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

Broken link ?

Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
            I am interested in replicating Loyds friction heater, but until I have everything I need for that, I decided to try out the heater with two cylinders and oil between them. I mean this one:
            http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8EbpSK6...Heater%20a.pdf
            Thank you Rick for the link
            Hi Jetijs

Very nice work ! The link doesn't seem to work...

Michel

Comment

Reply to Druide:

That's because you must be signed in to Yahoo Groups before you attempt to access the link.

Rick
              "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

Link

Originally posted by rickoff View Post
                That's because you must be signed in to Yahoo Groups before you attempt to access the link.

Rick
                Thanks Rick. That's what I thaught and tried to find a link to sign in, like http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com and other variations, but nothing works. Anybody has a link ti sign in ?

Thanks

Michel

Comment

Temp

Nice work Jetijs!

Try putting masking tape or flat black paint on shiny objects to get accurate IR thermal readings.

Duane
                  Dude, you're curving my space-time.

Comment

Sorry...

But I've just spent over a half hour trying to connect to the link too. Maybe it has something to do with my computer but Yahoo doesn't know anything about the link you gave. I tried shortening the URL to see what it would bring and only got errors. The shortest URL brought back 4300 entries.

Some guys are just lucky, I guess.

Warren
                    Men had been depending for too long on the authority of the great minds of the past and that they should rely more on their own resources in obtaining knowledge.
                    Francis Bacon

Comment

Re: Link

Sorry guys,

It appears that the file has been removed. It was posted at the waterfuel1978 site, which is operated by S1r9a9m9. Lately he has been deleting anything on his forum that is not directly related to his topic.

Try this link instead:

http://1a26.com/pdf/Free%20Energy/Fuelless%20Heater.pdf

Rick

Comment

That link works

Thanks Rick!

Jet,
                        Your model looks neat. It appears to be narrower than some of the displays in the guide. In scale it could effect performance

Nice job nevertheless!
                        "But ye shall receive power..."
                        Acts 1:8

Comment

Thanks Rick

This link works! It seems I've seen this file somewhere before but downloaded it anyway.

I appreciate your efforts, all of them.

Warren
                          Men had been depending for too long on the authority of the great minds of the past and that they should rely more on their own resources in obtaining knowledge.
                          Francis Bacon

Comment

Thanks for the link Rick !

Michel

Comment

you can paint some 10x10cm large area on outer tube with black matte paint. and this will be the "no shining place", from which you can take measuring with IR thermometer

wery interesting.

also, is the gap correct? i remember something about one eight inch, or smth.

Comment

Working...
                              X