Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Vibrating Reed Switch in Magnetic Flux Amplifying Voltage

Hi all
    I have been fascinated by the Voltage amplification that can be achieved by running your current through a Magnet or better a magnetic field.
    I confirmed that arcing onto a Magnet will give you a Gain which is reflected through a higher output voltage on the secondary of a Transformer in this case an Automotive ignition Coil.
    For the following experiments I used a half moon Shaped Neo Magnet out of an old HDD which came mounted on a fastening Plate of what I assume is MU Metal as it has no mag. attraction on its opposite side.
    The greatest gain comes off the Ends and the center of the lower (shorter) Arch.
    One of the Magnets was damaged at the end (Nickel Plating peeled off) and exposed the Neo Material.
    Although it is off the End where you should have the highest Gain there was no Gain at all when arcing to the native mag. Material.
    By arcing to the Magnet with the Mu Metal Plate fastened to the pos. end of the Coil I tried the following:
    Placing a Canadian Dime, Nickel or Toonie right onto the center ,across the flat Magnet and using a tungsten rod as the electrode I was getting a good Spark but somewhat weaker.
    Using Aluminum,Silver,Carbon,Graphite as the electrode there was no gain.
    Using a thin piece of copper foil that I had peeled off the Carbon Welding Rods I was able to make the thin copper strip vibrate on the coin center which displayed longer and wider arcs. Off to the sides or the Top of the coin I got reduced arcing.
    If I held a Carbon Rod onto the + of the coil and struck it with a Tungsten Electrode there was no Gain. Still holding the Carbon Rod onto thatTerminal but now arcing the Electrode against the Copper Coating of these Welding
    Rods (Gauging Rods)I got a bit of Gain ,but not as much as I would by using a Magnet.
    It became apparent that the Magnetic Flux was responsible for the Gain and I thought of a way to do that by subjecting a Reed Switch to the Magnetic flux,thus I would have no electrical connection to the magnet at all.
    I got a pleasant surprise!, not only was I able to draw a 5 mm arc from a 12Vdc automotive coil at 3 volt but there was no need to use a timer or other electronic device to achieve alternating contact closure within the reed switch Glass envelope.
    Arcing and rapid switching of course raises a havoc with the Switch contacts so I tried to bypass the Switch with a .33uf cap.
    Although the arcing was lessened the contact now just welded together within a second.
    I then paralleled the switch with a 27VDC Zener which reduced the Arcing but it reduced the output by more than a half.
    The same happens if you are using the south pole of the rod type Neo Magnet. You must use the north approaching the end of the switch.
    I have 50 of these switches so I kept destroying them by trying different approaches. At full 12.6 VDC I drew arcs about 8 mm but the switches would'nt last.Current Limiting and running them at 3 to 6 VDC kind of makes them last a little longer.I have made a video of this but it seems that there is not sufficient Bandwidth on this forum to post it.
    Professor
    Attached Files

There is a youtube video which explains this as something
    called negative entrophy. He calls it free energy, but
    remember that the battery is now hot as hell.
    YouTube - Free Electrical Energy

Comment

Thank you for the Link

I do not call it free energy it was simply done to prove a Concept.
      The larger arc do to the magnetic flux pulling it towards its vortex caused a higher output on the secondary(nothing new, Tesla spark gap theory). My power supply shows 3VDC and a variable 91ma Current.
      Hardly anything of concern.If my 3 amp power supply can handle this I am sure a battery can do it even better.
      Just an interesting experiment having contact closures by introducing a magnetic flux near a Reed switch.My Interpretation of this is : Arcing will bounce the contacts open and the flux will close them again a mechanical flip flop with no 555 timers or any electronics used.
      Link to Video http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=ZbOWjqRQjws
      Professor
      Last edited by professor; 09-13-2008, 09:13 PM. Reason: added link to video

Comment

Hi professor,

about 8 months ago I started a topic at the Overunity forum about this interesting effect: Electricity Amplification by Neo Magnet

Here are a few video's I had posted.

YouTube - Electricity Amplification by Neo Magnet (update)

YouTube - Ignition Coil pulsed by Neo magnet

This was a comment of a YouTube user:

Hi, gotoluc, when you touch the copper wire to the magnet does the copper wire or magnet get any burn spots on them. if you used a 555 timer or PWM would you get the same spark.
        thank you

and this was my reply:

thanks for looking, They do start to burn a little if you try to push more current through it by applying more pressure.

Yes you can use a 555 chip, resistors, a pot, caps and a transistor to do the same thing but now you used over 6 different components not counting the quantity of each to do what I can do with 1 very small magnet. This is what I'm demonstrating here. It's just fun and interesting to see.

Luc

I posted that comment since I find it so interesting that we have come to such similar conclusions.

Good job and keep up the research

Luc

Comment

Hi Gotoluc the credit of amplification goes to you

Hi
          I have been watching your Video before you posted your findings on this and other Forums.
          I was facinated by that and wanted to draw my own conclusions.
          Working on Meyers and Dingle System I had some time to play with the Magnets. Your Video as I said before inspired me.
          However I did not believe that it was a current running through a Magnet or field. So I had to electrically isolate the switch Component . I had 50 reedswitches left over from a former Job Project and I thought this would just do the Job.
          Little did I know that the switch could be excited to switch by itself when approached by a magnetic field.Well I guess I stated all of this before.
          I admire your approach and you and a few others are my favorites in likewise thinking. Did you look at my Video?
          Professor

Originally posted by gotoluc View Post
          Hi professor,

about 8 months ago I started a topic at the Overunity forum about this interesting effect: Electricity Amplification by Neo Magnet

Here are a few video's I had posted.

YouTube - Electricity Amplification by Neo Magnet (update)

YouTube - Ignition Coil pulsed by Neo magnet

This was a comment of a YouTube user:

Hi, gotoluc, when you touch the copper wire to the magnet does the copper wire or magnet get any burn spots on them. if you used a 555 timer or PWM would you get the same spark.
          thank you

and this was my reply:

thanks for looking, They do start to burn a little if you try to push more current through it by applying more pressure.

Yes you can use a 555 chip, resistors, a pot, caps and a transistor to do the same thing but now you used over 6 different components not counting the quantity of each to do what I can do with 1 very small magnet. This is what I'm demonstrating here. It's just fun and interesting to see.

Luc

I posted that comment since I find it so interesting that we have come to such similar conclusions.

Good job and keep up the research

Luc

Comment

Originally posted by professor View Post
            Hi
            Did you look at my Video?
            Professor
            Yes I did look at your video. You have found a new way to create what I was doing on the surface of the magnet.

This is a great find and I hope you can further this. If we could get a reed switch with different gases inside that would be some great test to do.

Thanks for sharing and do keep the ideas and tests going.

Luc

Comment

Working...
            X