Trying Tesla's exploding wire experiments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying Tesla's exploding wire experiments

Hi all, I have read with great enjoyment Peter Lindemann's book titled "The Free Energy Secrets of Cold Electricity". In fact, I found it hard to put down.

So I have decided to start at the beginning, following the steps of the great Tesla. Peter mentions that Tesla discovered radiant energy by exploding wire with a strong current. My assumption is that when the wire explodes, it does so while still carrying current and the sudden break in flow may release something 'special'. One of my books in the 'Gadgets for the Evil Genius' has a device which does just that, but releases a large EMP , like a very tiny nuclear weapon!

So far I only carried out the experiment twice, I charged a 2uF cap to 4kV and blew up some wire. It was loud but I did not feel any discomfort as Tesla did.
    I desperately need to find more on what exactly Tesla did but 4 days of searching the web has netted me little. The stuff on the web mostly regurgitates out of Peter's book or Gerry Vassilatos. The freely available Tesla lecture notes, that I could, find have no mention of any of these experiments.

Where do I find more about his wire exploding experiments?
    Thank you, Pomodoro

hello pomodoro,

I'm surprised you posted your interest in this subject!
    After reading this same book about a year ago , the PL reveals a lot of Tesla's procedure for exploding wires and this leading Tesla and others to harness this potential energy.

My understanding is that in nature, when you have a powerful potential and you allow this potential to reach equilibrium or balance, that nature or reality tries to bring it into balance relative to the amount of potential displacement.
    The more powerful the potential the more potent the act of reaching equilibrium.

As I recall from reading the book, Tesla discovered this when he discharged a high voltage through a copper rod and the rod exploded. He found this odd because he's calculations indicated that the rod could hold the high voltage, but the phenomenon happened only on initial contact. In other words, if he slowly stepped up the dc gradually through the rod, this exploding effect would not happen. But if he released it instantly at the high voltage, an unexplained force accompanied the contact and caused the voltage to spike thousands of times higher.
    The author of this book revealed similarly that in old steam engines, the steam valve had to be released gradually to fill up the "pressure compartment" (i dont know train lingo yet ) but if this steam valve was simply swung open this compartment would blow up.

I've though about this and noticed that it happens everywhere if we take note. For example, sometimes in buildings when you flick a light switch you will see a spark shoot, but then its gone. Why did that happen?? mmm.
    Again, lets say a balloon, when you prick it, it explodes. Why does it explode? Why not simply deflate? The same with an oxygen tank, if you shoot a hole in it, it explodes, but if you slowly open the value, its all fine.
    Do you see the relation?

After reading this book and thinking about this natural effect, I came to the conclusion that to tap free energy (in this way), we need to to create these massive potentials and tap this energy as it reaches balance. By reaching balance extra energy is accumulated from somewhere.
    The keys for this are high potential and the sudden balancing of the potential.

To wrap up, Tesla started to release these high potentials into a circuit using an electronic switch to control the discharges. Tesla spent much time insulated this circuit. Apparently sparks would fly out of everything and only after everything was properly insulated and this extra energy couldn't ground it exploded outwards in all directions. He called this radiant energy and initially it hurt him with each explosion.
    Tesla modified the switch frequency to discharge at 100hz and the pain stopped. He went on to specify that 100hz is a safe frequency to use with radiant energy.

The water exploding experiment many here are working on is (imho) tapping this same energy, hence the unexplainable great results they are producing.

As for reproducing the experiment. Well done !
    Can you share with me how you did it?

Image from Tesla_Downunder
    Last edited by CitizenDC; 08-22-2008, 02:07 AM.
    “If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search.
    I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.” ~ Nicola Tesla

Comment

Hello CitizenDC, the setup is as basic as can be at the moment, simply because I had little time to play with. The first few explosions were done by attaching a 5kV 4uF capacitor to the high voltage flyback of an open TV set. A few seconds later some 2000V developed. I had an inch or so of thin copper wire in between 2 thicker insulated wires. One went to one cap lead and the other free. Closing the circuit by touching the free end to the other cap's terminal caused the wire to explode. Just a few days ago I have upgraded to 4kv with a special power supply and a smaller, 2uF, cap. I plan to make a simple setup soon with thick brass bars and a collector around the wire to see what I can pick up.

Going back to the book, I wanted to know more specifics, such as the voltage tesla used and the thickness of the exploding wire.
      Cheers, Pomodoro

Comment

Originally posted by pomodoro View Post
        Hello CitizenDC, the setup is as basic as can be at the moment, simply because I had little time to play with. The first few explosions were done by attaching a 5kV 4uF capacitor to the high voltage flyback of an open TV set. A few seconds later some 2000V developed. I had an inch or so of thin copper wire in between 2 thicker insulated wires. One went to one cap lead and the other free. Closing the circuit by touching the free end to the other cap's terminal caused the wire to explode. Just a few days ago I have upgraded to 4kv with a special power supply and a smaller, 2uF, cap. I plan to make a simple setup soon with thick brass bars and a collector around the wire to see what I can pick up.

Going back to the book, I wanted to know more specifics, such as the voltage tesla used and the thickness of the exploding wire.
        Cheers, Pomodoro
        You are exploding wire with alternating current. You need to stop REVERSAL of current.
        I think also that Tesla mentioned 10khz as a barrier of frequency completely saf for human body.At 100hz I expect strong "stinging" effect which may be dangerous and scary.

Comment

Magnetic current

I you are willing to listen to my theory I may put a few words about it. For start I need to say that this is all because we are living not in vacuum but in very powerfull and vigorous environment - Earth magnetosphere.
          Think about it , and consider what is skin effect for Earth magnetosphere and what is happening there if highly energetic particle is throwed against this invisible wall .... Electrons in wires are not movable, this is the fact, but on surface they may move nearly as fast as light.What would happen if you stop such highly energetic ,fast moving particle in even weak magnetic field ? Ever heard about bow shock effect, about Afven waves about plasma magnetic reconnection ? Ever heard about EM impulse generating devices based on sudden collapse of magnetic field created by very fast moving particles (explosion of TNT for example) ? Bearden,Bedini and others are talking about vaccum energy, but the answer might be very very simpler. I don't understand why my theory is so unpopular, while it easily explain Radiant energy phenomena like magnetization of far placed iron needles or creation of large high frequency current in properly positioned copper sheets (Edwin Gray tube ?). There is one field in nature except gravitional which can permeate all matter and this effect is reproduced by many because is common - it is magnetic field.
          Last edited by boguslaw; 08-22-2008, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Look here : Intel cuts electric cords with wireless power system - Yahoo! News

"It turns out the human body is not affected by magnetic fields; it is affected by elective fields. So what we are doing is transmitting energy using the magnetic field not the electric field."

Well,it make me wondering if it is not a common but supressed knowledge ?

Comment

Originally posted by pomodoro View Post

Cheers, Pomodoro
              Very interesting. I've wanted to do this, though I'm overly cautious of HV.
              I've gone over the book again, but I dont find any information on what lengths of copper wire and voltages Tesla was using. However, I imagine it was from 10,000 volts and higher.
              I've also done a bit of searching on the internet with no results on this.

I'd recommend looking at all the "exploding wires" websites out there, contact the owners to see if they can help you along with info or ideas.

On another note, I've found some info on a DIY HV DC 10kv output, 12v input driven power supply which can maybe be of use to you when charging caps.
              High-Voltage DC Generator, HV, Tesla, Wimshurst, Jacobs Ladder, Kirlian, van de Graaff, zappers
              For HV caps if you're interested, I've checked Ebay and they have 10k caps for around 20 USD.
              10kv capacitor, Electrical Test Equipment, Radios CB, Ham Shortwave items on eBay.com
              The Russian Military Spec Adjustable Vacuum Tube Cap looks like fun

Looking forward to your next post!

I think also that Tesla mentioned 10khz as a barrier of frequency c
              Hi boguslaw,

I double checked this in the book. Tesla stated 100 microsecond intervals as safe, you are correct at stating 10000 hz. Thanks for pointing that out.

I you are willing to listen to my theory I may put a few words about it.
              I'm always interested. Go ahead.

cheers
              “If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search.
              I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.” ~ Nicola Tesla

Comment

What's the difference between a "tesla exploding wire", and a wire that just vaporizes (burns up) from too much current?

Comment

Originally posted by Gre View Post
                  What's the difference between a "tesla exploding wire", and a wire that just vaporizes (burns up) from too much current?
                  Voltage.Tesla used high voltage, but you may try with 12V car battery and a tiny wire, who knows.. maybe 'sting' effect may be also produced using low voltage.

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (español) perdonar por la tardanza queridos,este circuito utiliza un banco de condensadores de gran capacidad y un trafo de alta y diodos rectificadores, el disco de mica gira a gran velocidad gracias al motor electrico,un agujero practicado en la mica será el punto donde el aire ioniza y la chispa salta, algo importante a controlar es el tiempo de conducción de la chispa para que no llegue su energia a volatilizar el hilo....esta es la unica forma eficiente pare abrir-cerrar 4000 voltios rapidamente procedentes de un banco de condensadores de c.c................el sistema de apagado magnetico de tesla solo puede utilizarse con "back fem" que es la energia devuelta por la bobina cuando se colapsa su campo magnetico......un abrazo desde españa (english)
                    Sorry for the delay dear, this circuit uses a capacitor bank of high capacity and high transformer and rectifier diodes, the mica disk rotating at high speed through the electric motor, a hole in the mica is the point where the air ionizes and the spark jumps, which is important to control the conduction time of the spark from reaching its energy to volatilize the thread .... this is the only efficient way to stop open-close 4000 volts quickly from a bank DC capacitor system off ............... tesla magnetic only be used to "back emf" which is the energy returned by the coil when the magnetic field collapses ... ... a hug from Spain
                    must first understand the nature .... and then imitate

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                      must first understand the nature .... and then imitate

Comment

Originally posted by antigraviticsystems1 View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (español) perdonar por la tardanza queridos,este circuito utiliza un banco de condensadores de gran capacidad y un trafo de alta y diodos rectificadores, el disco de mica gira a gran velocidad gracias al motor electrico,un agujero practicado en la mica será el punto donde el aire ioniza y la chispa salta, algo importante a controlar es el tiempo de conducción de la chispa para que no llegue su energia a volatilizar el hilo....esta es la unica forma eficiente pare abrir-cerrar 4000 voltios rapidamente procedentes de un banco de condensadores de c.c................el sistema de apagado magnetico de tesla solo puede utilizarse con "back fem" que es la energia devuelta por la bobina cuando se colapsa su campo magnetico......un abrazo desde españa (english)
                        Sorry for the delay dear, this circuit uses a capacitor bank of high capacity and high transformer and rectifier diodes, the mica disk rotating at high speed through the electric motor, a hole in the mica is the point where the air ionizes and the spark jumps, which is important to control the conduction time of the spark from reaching its energy to volatilize the thread .... this is the only efficient way to stop open-close 4000 volts quickly from a bank DC capacitor system off ............... tesla magnetic only be used to "back emf" which is the energy returned by the coil when the magnetic field collapses ... ... a hug from Spain
                        GREAT! Finally something interesting.Could you confirm radiant energy effects on skin,iron,metal ?

Comment

Tesla's Stinging rays and Exploding Wires

Hey I know this thread is dead but I thought I would chime in and give you the link to where Tesla actually mentions stinging rays or 'electrostatic sound waves' just in case someone wanted to pick it up.

Please read through the whole article as it will give you very good insight into this phenomenon. It is as simple as getting a big battery and shorting the terminal rapidly with a short fat bar of copper (for example).

https://teslauniverse.com/nikola-tes...ertz-resonator

Best Wishes
                          Nic

Comment

Working...
                          X