Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirulina Problem?

Hi folks........

Okay, I am up to approximately 3 grams of spirulina, (I am taking powder, so I estimate), and I thought everything was okay. But I have noticed something.

I have irritable bowel syndrome, and over a week ago I posted about a terrible effect of abdominal pain from taking E3AFA. I stopped it and thought it was a detox effect.

I don't have that now at all, but I AM getting more constipated. I had hoped it was temporary, but it doesn't seem to be.

Now, I called several companies nutritionists asking if spirulina can cause constipation, and they all said YES!

This is a disaster, as I already suffer from constipation for many years. (Yes I take water, fiber, etc....)

I was told some people are ALLERGIC to it, and it can cause constipation.

I feel defeated again.........can someone advise or help in some way? I want to keep taking the spirulina.....I want PATHS to work!!

I am also taking Hemp powder, but it isn't as good as Spirulina, and I can't take the amounts necessary to cover all the modules, it is just to much, and I will develop an allergy to Hemp if I take too much for too long.......

This whole thing is making me very nervous. I am doing it because I NEED PATHS to work for me, but I was never comfortable with the large supplimentation......doesn't sound healthy. I don't know......

thanks
    Val, dejected and hopeless...
    Blessings and Peace to All --Val

Val,

Usually the people who get the most from PATHS are the ones who interact here on the forum and/or by e-mailing PATHS and/or their affiliate when any issues come up.

So it seems very likely to me that you will be just fine bc you are very involved in making this work for yourself.

Have you ever tried warm water and ginger for that issue? I remember I had it once bc of some prescription strength Tagament (sp?) I took.

I stopped taking it and went into Whole Foods to the health department. They gave me a ginger supplement and one other (sorry can't remember what it was) and told me to take warm water with them.

It worked great for me.

Jessica
    Keep your mind on the aether www.PathsToSucceed.com

Comment

Hi Jessica..

I am allergic to ginger. But thank you for the advice. I do eat well, I take plenty of fiber, water, aloe, etc.....I have been doing what works best, but it seems worse, coinciding with taking spirulina.

I DO want this to work, so very much, and I have been very frustrated by my attempts to do the nutritional thing......I just don't know that there is any solution for me regarding that. And I am very sad.

Thanks again,

Comment

Neurotransmitter options

Hi Val,

Be happy! I find that when a door closes it is an exciting time, cause then I get to try some other doors. Life can be such an adventure!!!

I am NOT a doctor, so the following information are just some ideas...not medical advice for you.

First off- For PATHS Modules to work you do NOT need to take spirulina. PATHS does seem to work best when you have sufficient neurotransmitters to process all the PATHS information in your Theater.

Everybody has different levels of neurotransmitters available to them. For years I took only 1-3 grams a day of spirulina to get what seemed to be the optimum amount of neurotransmitters in my system. But I know others that felt they needed to take 10 grams or more. Everyone is different.

No need in assuming you need a lot...you will know when you have enough.

There are MANY, MANY options to getting enough neurotransmitters to feel good and get the most out of your Theater.

Here is a partial list of options-

1. http://www.energeticforum.com/health...ino-acids.html

2. http://www.energeticforum.com/paths/...lth-drink.html

3. Click on the E3Live button on the right hand side of the forum

4. Take castrol to offset any constipation

5. There are all kinds of snacks that are made with sugar alcohol, aka Maltitol. Some of them taste VERY good, and they have a laxative effect. I personally like the Dove Rich Dark Chocolates. But if you do not like chocolate there are many others.

I am sure there are many other options...these are just off the top of my head.

Probably the most important first step is to NOT assume that you need a lot of supplementation for your PATHS theater to work.

Have fun on your adventure!!!

Kevin

PATHS For Healing
        Energetic Science Ministries
        Meditation at the Click of a Button, Guaranteed!

ESM Forum Support Link

Comment

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your response, I am not trying to be difficult, but.......those amino acids, I am already on two of those, although probably not the same amount, (my doctor gave them to me, I tested low on neurotransmitters, and that is why I am trying to take the biggest amount of spirulina....I asked my doctor about spirulina, and she said she didn't know much about it.), and as to the Sam-e and St. Johns wort, I take actual anxiety medications, and I don't think I can combine the two.

I already tried E3AFA, and it caused me HORRIFIC abdominal pain.

I cannot take Zrii, it has ginger, and I am allergic to ginger. I already looked into it. Seems I already looked into ALL the options and there is a problem for me with all of them, except the Hemp powder. But again, I can't take the amounts I would need ( I would need 8 tables spoons a day just to start with), and eventually, would probably develop an allergy to it.

When you say Castrol, what is that? Do you mean Castor oil? Castrol is for cars, LOL......

Thanks Kevin
          Last edited by VJoy; 08-20-2008, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VJoy View Post
            Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your response, I am not trying to be difficult, but.......those amino acids, I am already on two of those, although probably not the same amount, (my doctor gave them to me, I tested low on neurotransmitters, and that is why I am trying to take the biggest amount of spirulina....I asked my doctor about spirulina, and she said she didn't know much about it.), and as to the Sam-e and St. Johns wort, I take actual anxiety medications, and I don't think I can combine the two.

I cannot take Zrii, it has ginger, and I am allergic to ginger. I already looked into it. Seems I already looked into ALL the options and there is a problem for me with all of them, except the Hemp powder. But again, I can't take the amounts I would need ( I would need 8 tables spoons a day just to start with), and eventually, would probably develop an allergy to it.

When you say Castrol, what is that? Do you mean Castor oil? Castrol is for cars, LOL......

Thanks Kevin

ROFL, yes castor oil. It is good for loosening the bowels and a host of other benefits. That way you can take the spirulina and not have constipation. Also, the snacks with sugar alcohol will loosen the bowels so that you can take the spirulina with no constipation.

Kevin

PATHS For Healing

ESM Forum Support Link

Comment

Originally posted by VJoy View Post
              Hi Kevin,

Thanks Kevin
              Oh, and the above are just a few options...I just thought of two more options....

1. Spend some time in a flotation tank...that will detox the body and may very well help with the allergies and IBS. I know MANY people that HAD IBS due to toxicity. The flotation tank (epsom salt) will leach that out of your system.

2. Hook up with an EPFX practitioner. There is a high % of people that get rid of their allergies and toxicity and IBS through use of the EPFX.

I know the Energetic Forum section for the EPFX is NOT complete, but if you are interested in talking to an EPFX practitioner, you can still post in there and I am sure someone will respond.

Happy Days!

Kevin

PATHS For Healing

ESM Forum Support Link

Comment

probiotics and magnesium and flax seed oil

Hi Val,

Have you ever supplemented with probiotics and/or magnesium?

Magnesium draws water to the colon and is necessary for normal bowel movements. Natural Calm is a great and is a very absorbable magnesium citrate. Go very slow on it, it works great.

Also, probiotics... I like NOW brand's GR-8 probiotics...no refrigeration needed. These help to break down nutrients and perform other functions and are necessary for normal bowel health.

Flax seed oil with added DHA is great...we need it anyway but it is good for digestion and it helps to lubricate the bowels. I've taken about 2 tablespoons a day, every day for over 10 years now.
                Sincerely,
                Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Thank you Kevin and Aaron!

Okay, I have a totally new question, but I will start a new thread. To briefly answer both of you,

Kevin, that is way to much work!! So much to do, I already do a LOT for my health, I simply can't add all that, but I do appreciate your kindness and advice!!

Aaron, I have tried all those things, BIG SIGH,......I am a tough case. I WILL try the Now probiotics, because I want one that will work, and haven't found one. But I haven't tried that brand either. Thank you!

***I must start a new thread with a specific question. I found out this afternoon that I simply cannot take ANY spirulina..........long story.

I don't know how to post a link to the new thread, I am going to call it
                  Hemp Protein Question.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!:heartthrob:
                  Last edited by VJoy; 08-20-2008, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X