Sood Effect: Current in wires from gas pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sood Effect: Current in wires from gas pressure

This is fascinating, someone in the "Hydroxy" group shared it, and i'm not ashamed to admit i had never heard of it: A scientist in India discovered that simply passing gas over wires induces a current.

Businessworld: Elementary, my dear

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/t...18/&prd=fline&

Warning: Always do this in a well-ventilated room, lol (ok, it was inevitable but now i'm over it ).

Seriously tho, has anyone ever "farted-around" around with this? Or do some of you smell wasted effort in the works? (ok, i fibbed lol.. so sue me).

For instance: Forcing a coiled steel spring inside an air hose, and seeing what kind of current will come from it? or in a chamber with hundreds of plates as baffles maybe? It doesn't have to be a wire from what i gather.

It has several intriguing aspects: Gaining energy from gas flow in this manner, there is no inherent drag or lessening of the pressure, so it could be used at any scale with no diminishment to the gas pressure supply (unless we find that there is somehow, because electron energy is extracted from the gas and is a "finite" quantity, or is dependant on the amount of ionic charge present in the gas).

Is this true "Free Energy"? If so would be great for squeezing this out in skeptics faces, to ruin their day (promise this time, that was the last one ).

The second article says he got only "10's of nano-watts" in one of the nano-tube experiments, but the interesting thing is that the value goes up exponentially to velocity of the gas flow... I would be very interested to hear theories that explain this, if any of you our there know of any that might.

And still don't know what kind of current we are talking about, is it mostly useless HF noise, or usable DC ?
    Last edited by jibbguy; 07-30-2008, 06:53 PM.
Working...
X