Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat spiral transformers

Good day,
    I have already bought ''Lone pine writings'' from the web site of Dr.Dollard.
    I am interested in a book that explains in detail those flat spiral transformers of Dr.Tesla. I'am very interested in this system of wireless distribution of electrical energy. I'am thinking that maybe Dr.Dollard wrote something about them.
    I need informations on how to calculate the capacity of the coils, the inductance, the speed of propagation of the electrical disturbance through the circuit, how to find out the frequency of the transformer and so on.
    Please help me with this.

It is obvious (not just my own opinion) that the Magnifying Transmitter, the flat spiral transformers and the electromechanical oscillators of Dr.Tesla are most important installations to be studied by electrical engineers. Please read my first post and if you know of any document from Dr.Dollard that talks about the flat spiral transformers and the designing of such a system, then please share with me thy's knowledge.

Thank you,

Comment

I don't have an immediate answer for you, but since Eric doesn't read this forum very actively, maybe you should send him a letter:

Eric Dollard
      General Delivery
      Lone Pine, CA 93545

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhafollower View Post
        It is obvious (not just my own opinion) that the Magnifying Transmitter, the flat spiral transformers and the electromechanical oscillators of Dr.Tesla are most important installations to be studied by electrical engineers. Please read my first post and if you know of any document from Dr.Dollard that talks about the flat spiral transformers and the designing of such a system, then please share with me thy's knowledge.

Thank you,
        All the info is in the Eric Dollard thread already, you just have to wade through it all. Unfortunately a lot of the photos posted via photo bucket are now gone. (Although I used to save a copy of most posts so I may have some of those photos somewhere)?

Eric strongly suggests the 20% height to width ratio coils, as Tesla used. So does not necessarily need to be a spiral coil form, but you can do that if you want. My spiral coils were based on Eric’s original spiral coils, 2 times 10 turns, for each coil or 20 turns in total. As shown here: http://www.energeticforum.com/eric-d...ollard-66.html

The easiest thing to do is follow the designs from Tesla Scientific to get something that works, for a particular frequency. Then use that understanding and you could also build and run spiral coils too.
        Home - Tesla Scientific
        Best wishes.
        "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

@sputins with all due respect, i don't want an online calculator to do the job. I want the mathematics of those systems so i can understand better what's going on.
          Flat spiral transformers have certain properties, that's why we rely upon them.
          I already sent Dr. Dollard a letter.

Thank you,

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhafollower View Post
            @sputins with all due respect, i don't want an online calculator to do the job. I want the mathematics of those systems so i can understand better what's going on.
            Flat spiral transformers have certain properties, that's why we rely upon them.
            I already sent Dr. Dollard a letter.

Thank you,
            Okay, what would you say those certain properties of a spiral coil are?

The working equations are given somewhere in the thread… But in general it’s the length of wire for the secondary coil and the number of turns. The form factor effects the propergation speed of the coil.

You can probably take about a 25 meter length of wire for the secondary, spiral it up and be in the ballpark of 1 to 2Mhz for quarter wave resonance.
            "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

Originally posted by Sputins View Post
              All the info is in the Eric Dollard thread already, you just have to wade through it all. Unfortunately a lot of the photos posted via photo bucket are now gone. (Although I used to save a copy of most posts so I may have some of those photos somewhere)?

Eric strongly suggests the 20% height to width ratio coils, as Tesla used. So does not necessarily need to be a spiral coil form, but you can do that if you want. My spiral coils were based on Eric’s original spiral coils, 2 times 10 turns, for each coil or 20 turns in total. As shown here: http://www.energeticforum.com/eric-d...ollard-66.html

The easiest thing to do is follow the designs from Tesla Scientific to get something that works, for a particular frequency. Then use that understanding and you could also build and run spiral coils too.
              Home - Tesla Scientific
              Best wishes.
              Hey Sputins,

I just paid Photobucket for 3rd party image hosting so all of the Eric Dollard posts that I transposed should all have their images back. I apologize for not realizing this bate and switch technique had happened... Hope you’re doing well.

Dave
              Last edited by Web000x; 05-20-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Web000x View Post
                Hey Sputins,

I just paid Photobucket for 3rd party image hosting so all of the Eric Dollard posts that I transposed should all have their images back. I apologize for not realizing this bate and switch technique had happened... Hope you’re doing well.

Dave
                Hey Dave, thank you! You're not the only person who noticed this.

I hope someone will go through and save PDF copies of the posts, just in case for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Web000x View Post
                  Hey Sputins,

Dave
                  Good to hear from you Dave. Looks like many of the photos are indeed back up again, fantastic stuff!

It was nice to see them again and have a read though some of the old posts from back in the day when the EPD thread was the best thing on the internet. The combined input from all made it something special.

I’m not as active with experiments as I once was, but still have a strong interest and active at times. My workplace will be throwing out many pieces of equipment soon, so the glom up for grabs will be enormous...

I’d like to upgrade my AM transmitter sometime also revisit the “stinging charge” phenomenon. I am playing with some “magnetic water” experiments currently.

Cheers
                  Sputins.

Comment

Good evening,
                    I'am sorry i haven't logged in the past several months. I saw a question from @sputins. He asked me what i think the properties of the flat spiral coils are. Well i would say that the capacitance of such coils is rather small compared to the cylindrical coils. I don't know how i can find out the capacitance. I wrote a letter to the good Dr.Dollard but no answer have i received yet. Few months have passed since i wrote the letter. I hope dr.Dollard will answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X