• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is life?

WHAT IS LIFE?
    In my opinion the life is first of all
    energy + matter.
    Take the simplest atom hydrogen: electron+proton.
    This atom is primary particle for farther material evolution.
    We don't know what an electron is.
    ''We know electron by what it does, not by what it is''-
    - somebody wrote.
    We don't know where proton come from.
    #
    Life is also five senses plus the thought.
    The analysis of the senses + thoughts shows that
    they psychologically very subjective conceptions.
    But somehow modern science were created by
    objective laws and thoughts.
    #
    Now try to explain the puzzle: what is life?
    ================

Al

Comment

Originally posted by aljhoa View Post

Al
      Ether and vibrations are source of material universe and life.
      I think this is simple and very wise answer.
      Thank you, Mr ''aljhoa''
      ==============
      Last edited by socratus; 04-08-2018, 08:49 AM.

Comment

I recommend you watch Bruce Lipton on youtube, while I do not follow his religious beliefs his description of how cells work is amazing.

Basically movement is life, He describes how electrical charges change the shape of proteins to achieve this. It is also interesting that no scientist has ever created anything that became alive, they always used something that was living and modified it.

Comment

Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
          It is also interesting that no scientist has ever created anything that became alive, they always used something that was living and modified it.
          In a major step toward creating artificial life, U.S. researchers have developed a living organism that incorporates both natural and
          artificial DNA and is capable of creating entirely new, synthetic proteins.

U.S. scientists take step toward creating artificial life

Al

Comment

Life

A question starting with the question words, what is, is a question that requires or expects a definition. By definition, the answer to such a question is a definition, not an opinion! Therefore, logically, your suggested answer is not a real answer.

The idea behind a meaningful discussion is a common language. If you don't have a common language and you can't communicate in a meaningful way, you don't really have a conversation or discussion. You can ask questions about life such as can life be created from inanimate materials, elements, energy or what have you. You can ask but if you don't have a definition for the words you use you can hardly expect meaningful answers.

So, have you got a definition or are you searching for a definition? Or, do you really have any idea at all what you are talking about?

Life is an attribute or characteristic of certain objects. Objects can be animal, mineral or vegetable, etc. Animals and vegetable (i.e. plants) can have the attribute of life. Those that do not have that attribute are dead or don't have life.

Objects or "things" that have life typically grow, reproduce and have functional activity such as ingesting energy or food, etc. They sometimes have self locomotion and typically exhibit some sort of continual change. For
            example living things in the process of growing and reproducing may display mophological changes and degenerative changes preceding death.

Generally speaking, I expect more science and less conjecture on this site. But, with all the other speculations voiced on this site, I expect too much.
            There is a reason why science has been successful and technology is widespread. Don't be afraid to do the math and apply the laws of physics.

Comment

In a major step toward creating artificial life, U.S. researchers have developed a living organism that incorporates both natural and

Al
              SCIENCE NEWS NOVEMBER 30, 2017 / 2:19 AM

For example, in natural DNA, base pairs are attracted to each other
              through the bonding of hydrogen atoms.
              Romesberg’s X and Y bases are attracted through an entirely
              different process, which prevents them from accidentally bonding with natural bases.

And because cells cannot make their own X and Y without the addition
              of certain chemicals, the semi-synthetic organisms cannot live outside of a laboratory.

“They can’t escape,” Romesberg said. “There’s no ‘Jurassic Park’ scenario.”
              https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKBN1DT2ZB

Can these semi-synthetic organisms live independently on Earth ?
              Are these semi-synthetic organisms our future parents?
              ===

Comment

Al
                I think a lot of what Wayne.ct is saying is correct, this will be hard to discuss without having common definitions.

Are the chimeras really alive, I am certain they have grown them as far as they will grow and some of it is already out there in the wild. Jurassic park has already happened.

GMO is a form of life and the first step to the abominations that they are growing now. I dont say that in a religious sense as I dont believe in religion but an abomination it is.

I dont call them scientists because they are anti science in my opinion.

Comment

These semi-synthetic organisms cannot make their own X and Y
                  without the addition of certain chemicals.
                  Who can add new chemicals?
                  Chemist.
                  Themselves they don't capable of reacting to stimulus.
                  Semi-synthetic organisms cannot create life.
                  ===

Comment

Genetics cannot renounce of experiments:
                    the chimeras really live at some secret genetic labs.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne.ct View Post
                      Generally speaking, I expect more science and less conjecture on this site.
                      But, with all the other speculations voiced on this site, I expect too much.
                      Sorry Mr, '' wayne.ct ''
                      You aren't pay attention on Mr ''aljhoa'' post which says
                      that Ether - Vacuum and EM vibrations are source of life,
                      We don't know what Vacuum is?
                      We don't know what quantum of energy (EM vibration) is?
                      So, you have two ''definitions'' for thinking.
                      ===

Comment

Originally posted by socratus View Post
                        Sorry Mr, '' wayne.ct ''
                        You aren't pay attention on Mr ''aljhoa'' post which says
                        that Ether - Vacuum and EM vibrations are source of life,
                        We don't know what Vacuum is?
                        We don't know what quantum of energy (EM vibration) is?
                        So, you have two ''definitions'' for thinking.
                        ===
                        To me, vacuum is absence of air in an otherwise empty container. To you vacuum is a "source of life" ... Yeah, you really have something there!

To me EM vibrations are descriptive of energy transfer though space. Is this also a "source of life"? We are not speaking the same language. Don't include me in your "we". We are not on the same page.

To me your definitions are gibberish. I would suppose you think the same of mine. Good luck with that. You remind me of grade school children with their secret words and private languages. Has "aljhoa" convinced you his definitions provide helpful light? Maybe he knows how to create life from the vacuum or some special EM vibrations? Wow, that would be something to see.
                        There is a reason why science has been successful and technology is widespread. Don't be afraid to do the math and apply the laws of physics.

Comment

Maybe he knows how to create life from the vacuum or
                          some special EM vibrations?
                          Wow, that would be something to see.

There is a reason why science has been successful and technology is widespread.

Al

Comment

To me, vacuum is absence of air in an otherwise empty container.
                            To you vacuum is a "source of life" ...
                            Yeah, you really have something there!

To me EM vibrations are descriptive of energy transfer though space.
                            Is this also a "source of life"?
                            We are not speaking the same language. Don't include me in your "we". We are not on the same page.

To me your definitions are gibberish.
                            I would suppose you think the same of mine.
                            Good luck with that.
                            You remind me of grade school children with their secret words
                            and private languages.
                            Has "aljhoa" convinced you his definitions provide helpful light?
                            Maybe he knows how to create life from the vacuum or
                            some special EM vibrations? Wow, that would be something to see.
                            a) i think you are a cleaver, logical man but
                            a little nervous reading my gibberish post

b) i post my ideas on '' Personal Development''
                            You will keep your nervous system helthy
                            if you don't enter to read socratus' gibberish post.
                            ===

Comment

Scientists create light from vacuum
                              November 17, 2011, Chalmers University of Technology
                              https://phys.org/news/2011-11-scientists-vacuum.html

In the begging Vacuum created Light - - Quantum of light.

Albert Einstein quote: (1954)
                              ''All these fifty years of conscious brooding have brought me no nearer
                              to the answer to the question, 'What are light quanta?'
                              Nowadays every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks he knows it, but he is mistaken.''

From 1954 the situation doesn't change

=======================

Comment

Working...
                              X