Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless and single wire electrical system

Good day,
    Few days ago I made a video and posted it to the YT platform. Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9T3OYBd-KU

I made those transformers in the spring and summer of 2017.
    Professor doctor engineer Konstantin Meyl also has a similar system, only that he could transfer energy wirelessly between the two transformers, just like it says in the sutras that people in the distant antiquity could do.
    Now, we all know about dear Doctor Tesla's ''System of transmission of electrical energy'' through the Natural Media or the Aether. Here it is:
    https://www.mcnikolatesla.hr/wp-cont...0_00645576.PDF
    Dr. Tesla talked about how he powered up the transmitting transformer using an electromechanical oscillator such as this one here:
    http://www.nuenergy.org/uploads/tesla/US568180.pdf
    Such oscillators are good up to a certain frequency, after that they do not work.
    They have a great, great advantage: the power levels can be enormous.
    Up to what frequency they can go I do not remember. What I remember is Dr. Tesla saying that he powered his transmitter with such a machine that worked at 50.000V and a frequency of 230-250 kcycles/second. The frequency was adjustable.
    I think we all have seen professor Konstantine Meyl doing a similar experiment only that he used a function generator and a power amplifier. He was transmitting about 2 volts and receiving a little more than two volts on the other side.
    My question is: if I want to transmit 115 or 230V with such transformers how can I do this using nowadays technology so that I will have a power amplifier and an oscillator stage? For example I want to transmit 230V with an intensity of 10 amps to power a refrigerator or lights. Do you happen to have a schematic for that? As a power amplifier I think I can use three or four MOSFET transistors, N Channel type, 500V 100A such as FDL100N50F with proper heatsinks, right?
    Also, if i am to build a Tesla oscillator with interruptor and capacitors, how do i find out it's frequency since the voltage will be thousands of volts?

Thank you,

As I recall Meyl started a Tesla revival in the black forest early 2000
    One project studied a geo wave. From that community he made the small
    pancake demo for medical/bio use. The suitcase. The output less than a watt.
    He became concerned about the safe use of radio waves over 800 Mhz.

I also found example project for review that uses the FDPF16N50 mosfet. the end use for same goals.
    However the E class cascode amplifier design was abandoned. Need a more thorough study of possible
    options on the exciter. Some of the MOT (microwave oven transformer) MO capacitors work ok.
    2.2 kW 3 800 W MOTs in 3 phase.

datasheet
    http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/FDPF16N50T-D.pdf

pictures, schematic, parts, board and assembly directions.
    Solid State Tesla Coil – Sean Soleyman

I think you could expect step up / wireless transfer/ and step down but not over unity for a standard appliance.
    For example a standard refrigerator requires 2200 starting wattage with a 700 running wattage,
    so you would need at least 2200 watt maximum output or 1500 watt storage such as flywheel or capacitor
    for starting and 700 watt intermittent.

Other smaller and popular ss exciters claim 92% efficiency such as the pnp-npn exciter (complementary astable multivibrator)
    Ruhmkorff coil, Ignition coil, Tesla coil, Flyback converter, SEC exciter, Slayer exciter
    Last edited by mikrovolt; 02-14-2018, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Good day,
      Thank you sir for answering. I will build this amplifier as soon as possible.
      Maybe others who have experimented with this system can share their experiences.

Comment

Nice work!

Meyl is spreading false information so I would recommend never listening to anything he has to say again. You don't need to know anything that Meyl talks about in order to make Tesla's system work, if you do listen to him then your understanding will be wrong.

The transmission has absolutely nothing to do with the capacitance terminals. The reason it doesn't work when you disconnect the ground wire is because the transmission is 100% going through that wire.

It's possible to transmit some energy without the wire when the coils are close enough, but the usual inverse square law applies. The capacitance terminals and the design of the whole thing is intended to SUPPRESS radiation. It's the exact opposite principle of a normal radio antenna/radiator, which is designed to radiate as much energy as possible. Long thin lengths of wire/conductor radiate energy efficiently, metal spheres do not.

Likewise, the reason why Meyl's coils continue to work when he's "shielding" it is precisely because the energy is going through the wire so he's not shielding anything. He's giving a totally false description of what's happening.

As for an amplifier, designing one that works with sine waves isn't a small task, so a class AB balanced amplifier is easiest in that respect.

https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws...amplifier.html

Op amps are easy and good up to a certain point but they're mainly intended for low power and low voltage - 1.5 amps is considered high power and you won't find many op amps that will output more than that. But you can look in to bootstrapping to get them to work with higher voltages.

Square waves are easier to work with so if the output impedance of the amplifier doesn't matter then you can simply connect one side of the primary to the + of the power supply, connect the other end of the coil to the (NPN) transistor collector, emitter to - and trigger the base from your signal generator.

You can also add amplifiers in stages, for example you can use a low power preamp to boost the signal to a level that will drive the high power amplifier stage.

The output frequency of the coil will be the same frequency as the signal generator which you use to drive the whole thing in the first place, or the signal at any point in the amplification chain. Otherwise you can hang a probe in the air near the coil and see it on an oscilloscope.

On a side note LEDs aren't particularly ideal as test loads. Try small incandescent bulbs like these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Qty-25-3m...p/120843266351
        http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
          Nice work!

Meyl is spreading false information so I would recommend never listening to anything he has to say again. You don't need to know anything that Meyl talks about in order to make Tesla's system work, if you do listen to him then your understanding will be wrong.

The transmission has absolutely nothing to do with the capacitance terminals. The reason it doesn't work when you disconnect the ground wire is because the transmission is 100% going through that wire.

It's possible to transmit some energy without the wire when the coils are close enough, but the usual inverse square law applies. The capacitance terminals and the design of the whole thing is intended to SUPPRESS radiation. It's the exact opposite principle of a normal radio antenna/radiator, which is designed to radiate as much energy as possible. Long thin lengths of wire/conductor radiate energy efficiently, metal spheres do not.

Likewise, the reason why Meyl's coils continue to work when he's "shielding" it is precisely because the energy is going through the wire so he's not shielding anything. He's giving a totally false description of what's happening.

As for an amplifier, designing one that works with sine waves isn't a small task, so a class AB balanced amplifier is easiest in that respect.

https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws...amplifier.html

Op amps are easy and good up to a certain point but they're mainly intended for low power and low voltage - 1.5 amps is considered high power and you won't find many op amps that will output more than that. But you can look in to bootstrapping to get them to work with higher voltages.

Square waves are easier to work with so if the output impedance of the amplifier doesn't matter then you can simply connect one side of the primary to the + of the power supply, connect the other end of the coil to the (NPN) transistor collector, emitter to - and trigger the base from your signal generator.

You can also add amplifiers in stages, for example you can use a low power preamp to boost the signal to a level that will drive the high power amplifier stage.

The output frequency of the coil will be the same frequency as the signal generator which you use to drive the whole thing in the first place, or the signal at any point in the amplification chain. Otherwise you can hang a probe in the air near the coil and see it on an oscilloscope.

On a side note LEDs aren't particularly ideal as test loads. Try small incandescent bulbs like these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Qty-25-3m...p/120843266351
          I agree that starting with an stable oscillator and progress a design through stages while eliminating problems at each stage. The final stage having the natural impedance that Max Plank discussed being excess magnetic or electrostatic field,admittance.

Comment

I'm also interested in amplifier for power output of sinewave. Class AB looks nice but I have a question : would it work for low frequencies too ? can I attach a diode bridge to get rectified power sinewave ?
            Sorry for offtopic.

Comment

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
              I'm also interested in amplifier for power output of sinewave. Class AB looks nice but I have a question : would it work for low frequencies too ? can I attach a diode bridge to get rectified power sinewave ?
              Sorry for offtopic.
              There's no difference between an audio frequency amplifier and a radio frequency amplifier, the basic approach is exactly the same. Where frequency matters is in your component selection - are the transistors fast enough and will the input and output coupling capacitors allow the frequency you want through. If the capacitors are too small then they'll block the low frequency so nothing will go in or out of the amplifier, otherwise the basic approach works in all situations and at all frequencies.

If you put a rectifier on the output then it will be the same as any regular AC power supply or signal source being rectified to DC. You won't get a sine wave but half wave pulses. However, the amplified AC output is essentially just a varying DC voltage signal. For example if you used a class A amplifier with 12V power supply and input a sine wave, you'll have a DC output where the voltage is oscillating between 0V and 12V DC in a sine wave pattern.

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

I made a typo that is misleading about Planck natural impedance. It does not have excess magnetic and the natural admittance does mot have excess dielectric.
                The ratio not being ideal might be the most common loss mistakes in our transmission design.

I recommend a book by Doug Demaw, WF1B's QRP Notebook.
                Also Dr. Ron Stiffler's ideas have greatly improved wave shape and output.
                Design, parts choice, construction, parts layout are just as important for audio.
                One famous design that HP is famous for was it's precision.
                https://www.radiomuseum.org/forum/si...?language_id=4

John Bedini also designed audio.

Having a variable signal source is nice but a dedicated signal source has a
                more finite control over a narrow range. Why jump to transmission loss
                you may ask. Between the stages heavy loss can occur and network analyzers are expensive.
                https://youtu.be/M1PgCOTDjvI

There are other advantages in working with small signals and switching rapidly using diodes.
                The push pull aspect might be an advantage in moving abrupt waves and crystal type stability.
                It is a challenge to use solid state at high voltages. The variable wide range design gets in the way.
                This reason I think slayer tesla coil was interesting choice not too many turns. Parallel transistors.
                Better yet a modified slayer that leads up to the DrGreen tesla build. The pancake shown also interesting.

diode switching
                https://youtu.be/M1PgCOTDjvI
                Last edited by mikrovolt; 02-26-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Good day,
                  @dr-Green Please do not insult Dr.Meyl because he has wrong views. He also did something beneficial for us: he demonstrated that using a power amplifier and a signal generator, one can transmit electricity wirelessly just through the Aether. His demonstration is what impresses me greatly and i will reproduce it on a large scale and then naturally post it on YT platform so everybody can see it and see that it's no joke.
                  Now, i asked you an important question in my first post which is: if i build a mechanical oscillator with interrupter tthat rotates and the voltage to be about 50.000V or less but no less than 10kV, how do i find out the frequency of the machine since no digital multimeter works at such high voltages without a special probe? How did Dr.Tesla found out the frequency of his machines? Did he gave us the method or simply he did the calculations in his mind and he never wrote them down?

Thank you,

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhafollower View Post
                    Good day,
                    @dr-Green Please do not insult Dr.Meyl because he has wrong views. He also did something beneficial for us: he demonstrated that using a power amplifier and a signal generator, one can transmit electricity wirelessly just through the Aether. His demonstration is what impresses me greatly and i will reproduce it on a large scale and then naturally post it on YT platform so everybody can see it and see that it's no joke.
                    Now, i asked you an important question in my first post which is: if i build a mechanical oscillator with interrupter tthat rotates and the voltage to be about 50.000V or less but no less than 10kV, how do i find out the frequency of the machine since no digital multimeter works at such high voltages without a special probe? How did Dr.Tesla found out the frequency of his machines? Did he gave us the method or simply he did the calculations in his mind and he never wrote them down?

Thank you,
                    It's not an insult to say that Meyl is spreading false information. It's a fact. Tesla's system works like Tesla said it worked, not like Meyl says it works. He's just demonstrating single wire transmission, the aether has got nothing to do with it. Instead of a wire, Tesla was using the earth.

Originally posted by Nikola Tesla
                    This mode of conveying electrical energy to a distance is not 'wireless' in the popular sense, but a transmission through a conductor, and one which is incomparably more perfect than any artificial one. All impediments of conduction arise from confinement of the electric and magnetic fluxes to narrow channels. The globe is free of such cramping and hinderment. It is an ideal conductor because of its immensity, isolation in space, and geometrical form. Its singleness is only an apparent limitation, for by impressing upon it numerous non-interfering vibrations, the flow of energy may be directed through any number of paths which, though bodily connected, are yet perfectly distinct and separate like ever so many cables. Any apparatus, then, which can be operated through one or more wires, at distances obviously limited, can likewise be worked without artificial conductors, and with the same facility and precision, at distances without limit other than that imposed by the physical dimensions of the globe.
                    "The Future of the Wireless Art" by Nikola Tesla

You can put a scope probe in the air like I said, or you can calculate the frequency based on L and C.

Resonant Frequency Calculator - Tesla Scientific

Comment

I'am sure there has to be a mathematical relationship for the frequency of such an oscillator that will include as you say inductance and capacitance and also the speed and number of elements of the interrupter.

Comment

The "mechanical oscillator" as you say was just a high frequency alternator. The frequency was controlled through controlling the RPM of the alternator and calculated through knowing the RPM and number of poles, but being a physical device it could only spin so fast, so to get higher frequencies Tesla used harmonic frequencies of whatever frequency the alternator was outputting through tuning the L and C. The motor controlling the interrupter speed is tied to the speed of the alternator, or something to that effect. That's either written in the patent or in "Inventions, Researches and Writings of Nikola Tesla", details on the alternator are in the book.

Either way the frequency of the whole thing should be made to be whatever the resonant frequency of the coil is. If you have a disk with 1 pole and it rotates 60 times per second then you obviously have 60 cycles per second. Put 2 poles on it and you have 120 per second. Double the rotation speed to 120 times per second and you have 240 cycles per second.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhafollower View Post
                          I'am sure there has to be a mathematical relationship for the frequency of such an oscillator that will include as you say inductance and capacitance and also the speed and number of elements of the interrupter.
                          Buddha,

By the way, dR-green knows what he’s talking about…

As far as your question, “If I build a mechanical oscillator with interrupter that rotates ‘(HV), how do I find out the frequency of the machine since no digital multimeter works at such high voltages without a special probe”?
                          So to answer that, assuming you mean some kind of rotary spark gap device, to determine the (frequency) make-break rate isn’t as simple as calculating the rotary segments times the rpm of the rotor. – (I assume you are taking about the spark across an air gap). The actual make-break rate could be multiple times per actual segment of your rotor, depending on the air gap distance, together with the pressure (voltage) and your overall power. Also whatever tank circuit (C & L) you’re powering with it will also influence the rotary gap frequency. Calculating it all out is very difficult… And then it won’t quite match your calculations anyway!

So your best bet is to make your own probes or detectors to attempt to measure it and make adjustments as you go.

Tesla made special circuit controllers, using mercury and an insulating medium like oil. Thus his rotary segments made one make-break per segment, as the oil did not ionise like air gaps do…

I would suggest you abandon the rotary air spark gaps and go for something more controllable like a HF or RF generator, like a signal generator coupled with an RF amplifier*. That way you’ll get something to work as intended, gain an understanding of what’s going on and you’ll be happy with your amazing results. *Your amplifier could be something simple, cheap and low power, through to some monster of a device using thyratrons rated at many thousands of volts. Of course you’ll attract unwanted attention from the RF police doing that…

Then once you’ve worked out and understand what’s going on with a low power oscillator system, then return to the rotary spark gaps and then see if you can make a system work with it, that is if you still wanted to...

Sputins and his Chickens.
                          "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

Sputins knows what he's talking about too

I would also recommend abandoning spark gaps. The key word is controllable.

Cute chickens by the way!

Comment

Thank you very much for being so helpful. I will consider your advices and for the moment put aside the mechanical oscillator.
                              You see, in my country people are good at just about everything and they laughed at this technology of Dr.Tesla. They are like drugged or possessed or something... They live under the impression that they know everything and nothing is new to them. God forbid this forum from having it's specimens as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X