Dynanometers, prony brakes etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynanometers, prony brakes etc.

These are often needed for measuring the mechanical output of rotating shafts.

A spring balance of some sort is usually called for. Here is what seems to be a very well priced digital unit for weighing luggage - but will only be available from Lidl for a few days starting tomorrow:

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-O...articleId=6206

I've just bought one for £3.99. It runs from 0Kg to 5Kg with a resolution of 0.05 (which is a slight shame). When the load is varying, the reading varies until the reading stays steady for a few seconds. Then it freezes and leaves you the value.

To apply a varying force, it would need to have some sort of nut arrangement araldited on to each end to be used with a rotating threaded rod or equivalent - i.e. No such fittings built in.

Comment

Originally posted by wrtner View Post
      I've just bought one for £3.99. It runs from 0Kg to 5Kg with a resolution of 0.05 (which is a slight shame). When the load is varying, the reading varies until the reading stays steady for a few seconds. Then it freezes and leaves you the value.

To apply a varying force, it would need to have some sort of nut arrangement araldited on to each end to be used with a rotating threaded rod or equivalent - i.e. No such fittings built in.
      Hi,

Here is a similarly useful-looking digital scale offer on ebay (but several other types too if you search on them at ebay):
      50kg/5g Pocket LCD Digital Fish Hanging Luggage Weight Hook Portable Scale Hot | eBay

Gyula

Comment

Originally posted by gyula View Post
        Hi,

Here is a similarly useful-looking digital scale offer on ebay (but several other types too if you search on them at ebay):
        50kg/5g Pocket LCD Digital Fish Hanging Luggage Weight Hook Portable Scale Hot | eBay

Gyula
        I think yours may be better than mine, particularly if the reading is continuous. Tensioning is easier.

But anything that steers people away from the idea that one can assess power out by the brightness of light bulbs is a good idea !

Comment

Working...
        X