Finally Joined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Joined

I have been coming to this group for many years. I have read to many posts to help me with my personal experiments, most of the reading was a eye strain and brain exhausting, but I have learned a lot here. I'm not a technical person nor a scientist merely a country boy raised on a beef farm in VA. I have made many strange things. My latest is a methane digester that runs a converted over to natural gas, 13hp gas engine turning 1 7.5kw IM (I have a 13hp because I plan to add 6-8 more IM's down the line) which I plan to grid tie, after I get a few solar panels to get the electric company to change the meter to forward backwards rotation. I have been slowly since I was a 13 year old sprout from time to time (40years or so now) working on a magnetic motor. **I hear someone laughing** I know, I know, it can't be done.... I believe it can be made and for the last 2 years I have had it eat away at my brain. After 14 small scale attempts over the past few years my 14th being made quickly the first of September it was my latest attempt, I saw something strange happen with this wheel. After all this time (it's been fun) I saw what I was looking for, now, I, *think* I figured it out and I'm in the process of (wasting more fun time and a few dollars more) designing and building it now with the help of my software and my CNC laser it's almost ready to assemble. Anyway, Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this group!
    uponahill

Originally posted by uponahill View Post
    I have been coming to this group for many years. I have read to many posts to help me with my personal experiments, most of the reading was a eye strain and brain exhausting, but I have learned a lot here. I'm not a technical person nor a scientist merely a country boy raised on a beef farm in VA. I have made many strange things. My latest is a methane digester that runs a converted over to natural gas, 13hp gas engine turning 1 7.5kw IM (I have a 13hp because I plan to add 6-8 more IM's down the line) which I plan to grid tie, after I get a few solar panels to get the electric company to change the meter to forward backwards rotation. I have been slowly since I was a 13 year old sprout from time to time (40years or so now) working on a magnetic motor. **I hear someone laughing** I know, I know, it can't be done.... I believe it can be made and for the last 2 years I have had it eat away at my brain. After 14 small scale attempts over the past few years my 14th being made quickly the first of September it was my latest attempt, I saw something strange happen with this wheel. After all this time (it's been fun) I saw what I was looking for, now, I, *think* I figured it out and I'm in the process of (wasting more fun time and a few dollars more) designing and building it now with the help of my software and my CNC laser it's almost ready to assemble. Anyway, Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this group!
    uponahill
    Welcome to the party, glad you joined! There are a lot of folks here with a great variety of technical expertise and personal experiences. I'm a retired engineer and I manage a cattle ranch, which keeps me in shape and gives me lots of time and space for my alternative energy experiments. I had a diesel truck converted to run on vegetable oil, with the intent to grow a few acres of oil crops and have my own fuel for the truck and two diesel tractors. Now the truck no longer runs well and I've moved on to other experiments. I also used to have several hundred watts of PV, a small wind turbine, and some large solar hot air collectors, but all that's been decommissioned now. I still heat with wood.

Really I think you have the right approach. Most of us here are still looking for the holy grail of overunity and we refuse to give up. You have to keep hammering away at it over a long time, a lifetime even, as a hobby project and pastime. If something comes of it, so much the better. If nothing else at least the journey is always interesting and rewarding.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”

-George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Welcome

I'm glad you decided to be a member of the group. I look forward to hearing how your project turns out.
      There is a reason why science has been successful and technology is widespread. Don't be afraid to do the math and apply the laws of physics.

Comment

Working...
      X