Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Induction Computer

Hi ALL,
    I am posting my work here, mainly to see if people are interested in Relay, Magnetic,Electrostatic or Acoustic Computers in Binary or Trinary, in the old style of relays and commutators. I am carefully moving towards building it from granite and running it from an acoustic input.

Here are a few pics along the path of rediscovery.

Regards Arto.
    Attached Files

Mistake on Diagram

I am sorry to admit of my gross error, my Trinary And/Nand gates have a logical error, while I sort out my bad image files from the correct ones, here are the correct six basic Trinary gates using Ternary Logic, made with relays, regards Arto.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by artoj; 09-07-2017, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Basic Unit

The Logical Unit

Working from the true measure the Royal Cubit approx 523.24mm, rounding to 525mm. The Palm is four fingers and seven palms make the Royal Cubit.

75mm x 75mm Sqr (aprox 3" x 3 ")= 1 square Palm.
      18.75mm Thick(rounding to 19mm, aprox 3/4" ) = 1 finger thick.

This was why I chose the Ancient Royal Cubit, when you measure the longitudinal velocity of light in royal cubits equals exactly 900000000. Thus it is the exact measure of the Royal Cubit.

Velocity of Light = C
      = 299792458 mtrs sec
      Longitudinal Velocity of Light = Pi/2 x C
      = 1.5708 x 299792458
      = 470912891.8272 = CL
      Therefore
      = CL/900000000
      =470912891.8272/900000000
      = 0.5232365 Mtrs
      = 1 Royal Cubit

Here is the first design of the basic unit. Regards Arto.
      Attached Files

Comment

Corrected And Nand

After much deliberation and delineation, here are the two gates that now have no conflicts. Regards Arto.
        Attached Files

Comment

Balanced Trinary

Hi All, these are some my more interesting breakdown of Logical Gates and new concepts of interaction with the extra three Logical operators to complete a another Axiom to investigate.

(18x18)/2 = 162

162 approximates PHI

Thus in an abstracted manner, I am applying natural arithmetic, with a golden Ratio as its final Sum.

Trinary is how nature works.

Regards Arto.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by artoj; 09-08-2017, 09:46 AM.

Comment

KeyPad

Hi All,
            I have to input data of the correct type to work with these gates, so I decided to build a input device, that can be used with all my Trinary designs. Like most of my work It could have been built 100 years ago.

Even this Comparator could be made without too much difficulty.

Back to the most enlightening time of my life, regards Arto.
            Attached Files

Comment

The Binary Engine

Hi All, here are my preliminary data covering the commutator and/or relay computer. I dubbed it The Universal Binary Engine, it has motoring logic built in, so a rotating system is viable, a whole new way of conveying intelligence through simple matrix connections, setting up codes for binary transmission in as many bits as needed. This would be similar to the type of computer Tesla would have worked out during his Wardenclyff period. As this was about laying the most simplest wiring and layout, now back to my hand written work books and design the Trinary version as well. Regards Arto.

Comment

Working...
              X