Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photobucket decided to change their Policy of "Third Party Hosting"

Hello to All,

SERVE THIS THREAD PRIMARILY FOR PREVENTING ALL MEMBERS ON THIS FORUM, NOT TO USE PHOTOBUCKET, EVEN ON THEIR "FREE ACCOUNTS" OFFER, SINCE YOUR IMAGES WILL NOT SHOW ON ANY OTHER SITE AS THEY CALL IT "THIRD PARTY HOSTING"

AND SO, TO BE ABLE TO DISPLAY ON OTHER FORUMS, SITES OR LINKS, YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY $400.00 USD A YEAR ON WHAT THEY CALL NOW A "P500 ACCOUNT"!!!

As also to apologize for all my Diagrams, CAD's and Images disappearing all the sudden from ALL my Threads...and no longer having access to view them, even at the Photobucket Site.

This is frustrating.

Thing is, that Photobucket CEO in Colorado...Headquarters...John Corpus, had the pretty "smart" idea to ONLY ALLOW what they call "Third Party Hosting" with their more expensive Account, called the "PLUS500", which bolts down to a very expensive $399.00 USD a Year, or 39.99 Monthly.

All Free Accts, PLUS 50 (the one I had before, 59.99 a year), PLUS 100 (99.00 USD a year) ACCOUNTS will NOT display Images on an external Link...or "Third Party Hosting".

FOR MORE INFO ABOUT THIS ISSUE BELOW:

PhotoBucket now charges $399 for third-party hosted images

The main thing here is basically the MASSIVE WORK that will take to Migrate ALL MY ALBUMS to another Server...PLUS, CHANGING ALL PERMALINKS in ALL my several Images for as long as FIVE YEARS to restore them all "back to normal".

Even if I had the MONEY to spend in a New 400 USD a Year Account, I WILL NOT DO IT!!! (which right now I DON'T HAVE), I consider this AUTHORITATIVE AND SUDDEN DECISION, WITHOUT ABSOLUTELY ANY PREVIOUS WARNING, a HUGE INSULT to ALL PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT OWNERS.

All Social Networks wherever they (Photobucket) have a Page...are exploding with all kind of PROTESTS related to this POLICY CHANGES.

I am suggesting -and definitively considering- we ALL MUST join forces in order to start a GLOBAL LAW SUIT against this STUPID AND SUDDEN "IDEA"...from a US Local Company in Colorado.

They do not have a REAL PHONE NUMBER where to speak to one of their representatives...

They NEVER answer E-Mails sent to support@photobucket.com

They do not REFUND any Payments...So I made the STUPID decision to just pay my TYPICAL ACCT I HAD BEFORE...59.99 USD thrown away in the garbage!!

Besides all that...Their SERVERS PERFORMANCE STINKS, it is slow, unresponsive most of the times and to Top it Off...is Now FULL OF ADVERTISEMENT and Pop Up Windows all over the screen...which slows down all our Home PC's and Internet Navigators.

I will have to start MY OWN SERVER, DOMAIN PLUS FILES FTP In order to display all images back again...BUT, it will NOT be any time soon, since I am completely devoted to Physical Experimenting on very important work at this time.

This AUTHORITATIVE ACTION (with absolutely NOT CARING -AT ALL- about CONSEQUENCES DONE TO "THIRD PARTIES") from a Private Corp, is not new...we see it every time in our daily life's...So the best lesson I can have out of this...is what I have been practicing for a very long time...

DO IT ALL YOURSELF (NO MATTER ALL THE WORK AND EFFORT INVOLVED TO ACQUIRE SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES)...BUT, DO NOT DEPEND ABSOLUTELY ON NO ONE to EXPOSE NOR PERFORM YOUR WORK IN LIFE!!...AND SO, THE MORE INDEPENDENT YOU ARE, THE HAPPIER AND SUCCESSFUL YOU WOULD BE!!!

Still glad I have YOU TUBE VIDEOS...and praying out loud so they do not make any decision like this any time soon.

Regards to All
    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-15-2017, 03:04 PM.
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Hi UFO, very sad about your pics and diagrams, they have always helped me understand.

I use IMG safe, for pics on this forum it's free and have found it has a very fast speed for uploading and sharing, but of course who knows how long it will be there?.

All the best, friend. Cornboy.

Comment

Please Help by signing Petition below.

Hello to All,

It would be a great help from anyone interested here, to all of Us who have a Photobucket acct which Images are NOT Visible (have seen quite a few here, besides Me)... to please, sign the petition below!!

REVERSE THE PHOTOBUCKET THIRD PARTY FEE

Photobucket have started trying to charge users to third party host images on forums.

This undermines a lot of hard work that hobbyists put in to both the online community and the economy

Car enthusiasts, scale modeller, musicians, artists,flower arrangers. Anyone with a hobby, that uses photobucket will NOT be able to post images on your favourite forums without paying $399.

Let's get this reversed.

Just take a few seconds to access link above and please sign it.

It will really help a lot of people all over the world, if this policy is reversed

Regards to all

Ufopolitics
      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

I moved to GooglePhoto

I moved all my stuff to Google Photo.
        But Google Photo doesn't offer 3rd party hosting either...
        So after I uploaded the images to a GooglePhoto Album, I had to use this website to convert the URL for the google image into an embed code. https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/

Then I posted the embedded code in the comment of each photo.
        https://goo.gl/photos/e3Xc1S8vAirduGhJ7

EXTREMELY INCONVENIENT.

I sent Photobucket a reallly nasty 4 page note about how they screwed everyone over and lost business.
        I'd been using it for about 17 Years with no problems. Now it's just loaded with pop-ups and $40 a Month?!? Yeah Right!! lol

Comment

Sync.com...

Hello Jason,

I have been looking for easy handling Photo sites , BASICALLY that I could be able to SHARE THEM on Forums like here...and found Sync.com to be able to post images like the one above, by just using their Direct Link (Link is veeeery loooong-it is Encrypted-...but works-I hope-) and enclose it within the [IMG]IMAGE LINK HERE[/IMG] brackets in your post here.

You get the direct link by Opening Image on your Image Display on Sync, then copying link from your navigator off the full image window.

Their Free accounts are 5GB...and do not have such a nice Interface as Photobroken does...but it works, and other plans are very cheap.

Regards

Ufopolitics

EDIT: I just checked and NOPE, We will NOT see Images on Cell Phones...

SO...I am gonna trey just direct link below of same image:

https://ln.sync.com/dl/a58000240/umh...7chwa-yfqsw7bu

LINKED:

IMAGE LINKED HERE

DONE and Verified...We could see the redirected link on a second window...open it plus download it
          Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-20-2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Testing ImageShack...

Testing ImageShack.com

Shorter and not encrypted link as the image format is given on link (jpeg, jpg, png, targa, etc)

No "Free Plans" here...but Unlimited space (for now) with their "basic" plan of 3.99 a month...and 37.99 a year. (am on a 29 days free trial)

PRO and PREMIUM Plans are a Ripoff !!...so hope this "BASIC" will last and is not just another "BAIT & CATCH" deal...or become greedy all the sudden like PB BS

This is based on a very similar interface as Photobroken Software...but MUCH FASTER AND NO ADDS!!

I am testing above image...

EDIT 1: And yes!!! I can see it on cell phone...

EDIT 1: They have a PROMO of 50% off...meaning 18.99 a year for BASIC plan!!

Ufopolitics
            Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-20-2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Good to see an alternative found, may have to resort to generic file hosting and putting up compressed files of entire albums pertinent to a project if it happens again with new host.

Thank you for sharing your work.

Comment

Originally posted by Diplomacy View Post
                Good to see an alternative found, may have to resort to generic file hosting and putting up compressed files of entire albums pertinent to a project if it happens again with new host.

Thank you for sharing your work.

Thanks, and my pleasure.

The thing is...that is very hard to explain whatever without having a basic image to back up what you are saying...
                Or for testing pics of scope, meters, etc on a requested demo.

Basically I could make my own site for Photo uploading easy...but that takes too much time...However, because of this incident with PhotoBS, I will end up making that site or at least my own server folders with direct links for albums...no matter what... I can write on .php codes...that's all u need.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
                  Hi UFO, very sad about your pics and diagrams, they have always helped me understand.

I use IMG safe, for pics on this forum it's free and have found it has a very fast speed for uploading and sharing, but of course who knows how long it will be there?.

All the best, friend. Cornboy.

I know you are friend...don't worry I will get through it soon...

Kind regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

Hey Ufop! hope you are still kicking! So photobucket is putting their watermark all thru the pictures now. They look readable. So if I want a clean circuit diagram, it looks like I could copy one OK. I think I can still get the idea on all the CAD diagrams.
                    Up, Up and Away

Comment

Working...
                    X