Gadgetmall Coanda OU UFO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gadgetmall Coanda OU UFO.

Mounting the "Squirl Cage Fan" flat on the top of the Coanda hull with rotor magnets attached, could blast a swirling vortex of clinging air around the coanda form surface and would create vertical lift. The fan intake would suck air in from the top and assist in helping supply lift.

Building the remainder of Gadetmall's motor and circuit into the body of the Coanda hull would result in a perpetually airbourne drone.

Gadgetmall's motor is discussed in my "BEMF current reversal" thread below:
    Last edited by Allen Burgess; 10-07-2019, 10:02 PM.

Thanks Allen

This is what I was looking for and so maybe I will catch on now.
    Keep posting any additional related video's when you have spare
    time. No hurry.

Comment

Coanda lift

@BroMikey,

This one plugs in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPUAq3QObp4

Here's one that flys from JLN with a propeller:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdGVI7kJld0
      Last edited by Allen Burgess; 04-23-2017, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Centrifugal fan

Here's a GIF of a "Centrifugal Fan":

Comment

Vortx nozzle.

The centrifugal fan delivers a "Flat Blast" of air. Vortxing through a "Vortex Nozzle" adds multiple force to it: An ordinary propeller does this job nicely, but needs very high R.P.M The centrifugal fan has 32 blades, and can deliver a greater volume of air at a much lower R.P.M.

Comment

Coanda effect

"The Coandă effect is the tendency of a fluid jet to stay attached to a convex surface".

This video shows a non-vortex centrifugal air blast over a "Coanda Hull":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF92B6Gon3M

Below is a rough sketch of a vortex nozzle for the "Centrifugal Fan":

Comment

Quatro Power Coils.

The centrifugal fan would sit on top of the Coanda Hull with the suction intake facing upward. An axle would couple the magnet rotor to the bottem of the inside fan. We want power not R.P.M. Let's add three more pulse power coils for a total of four. Remember, these power coils with their piggyback output secondarys, generate more power then they consume! Adding three additional coils will help. We don't need to increase the number of capacitors. This unit will generate more power than it uses, but we need power to operate the controls! The centrifugal fan will deliver a larger volume of air over the Coanda Hull than a propeller with sufficient power.

Below is a view of the magnet rotor and 4 "Piggyback" power coils from underneath:

Comment

Reed Switch.

We can eliminate the trigger coils and run the circuit with a Reed Switch. The Bedini circuit makes no sense because the "Flyback" never leaves the coil windings through the wire anyway. This will reduce the weight considerably. Higher permeability cores will weigh less and allow us to increase the R.P.M. as well.
                Last edited by Allen Burgess; 04-23-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Plastic Centrifugal Fan

This plastic fan, coupled with the other weight reduction measures, cuts the load down significantly:

Comment

Reverse rotation gear

A "Reverse Rotation Gear" between the magnet rotor and the fan cage would provide rock solid inertial stability and cancel precession out entirely. A major problem with the propeller driven version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8dRHC4XlbI
                    Last edited by Allen Burgess; 04-23-2017, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Plastic bevel gears

These plastic bevel gears come in a set from "amazon" along with drive shafts. The sets cost $10. The direction changing gear is nearly 100% efficient and very easy to assemble.

The weight of the cage shaped centrifugal fan needs to balance perfectly with the weight of the magnet rotor. This is the major parameter all else needs to be gauged by: Diameter of the Coanda Hull, size of the power coils etc.

The counter rotating fan cage and magnet rotor will give this aircraft tremendous gyroscopic stability along with zero precession. It will sit rock solid in a wind.

Comment

Paper mache Coanda Hull

Here's a quick and dirty way to build a Coanda Hull; Ingredients include "Elmers Glue and Water":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbx6tTlb5zg

Pay close attention starting at :50 seconds in the video: The handler tucks the top of the balloon down through the inside and ties it on the other side with a thread. This produces a perfect Coanda form! Naturally, the hardened paper mache needs to be cut across the center to make two halves. Theses can be glued together to double the strength.

The "Vortex Nozzle" for the plastic centrifugal fan can be molded from paper mache as well.
                        Last edited by Allen Burgess; 04-23-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Final Design.

A cross brace can be glued in place to hold the base of the rotor axle, and needs a tiny bearing. The four coils can mount under the cross braces. That's it!

The circular floor can be pizza box cardboard to hold the two capacitors, also glued in place.

The circuit includes the 8 single wire coils, 4 power, 4 piggy back. 4 high perm ferrite cores, and two capacitors. The electrical components are: 1 Reed switch, 1 diode and a FWBR.

We can fly this from a kite string at first, see how long it will stay aloft!

Comment

Hello Allen

I have not had time to complete my study on this subject so let
                            me ask you which video or PDF shows that this effect can give
                            me say more lift and an object than input energy.

I think the airforce is using this also but I am looking for a good
                            set of measurements as proof of the concept. I am sure it is there.

Got to run off to work, BRB

Comment

Overunity

@BroMikey,

I really have no way to determine how efficient this set up will prove to be. The design eliminates the battery, the heaviest portion of the package. At the very least the "loop Circuit" should prolong run time significantly.

It would help to lay the capacitors on their side, centered one over the other to balance the weight.

I succeeded in flying a Coanda craft with a vortex helmet I fashioned from a PVC end cap. I drilled in from the side, and glued a compressed air nipple in, and forced swirling air over the Coanda hull through a 1/4" space between the lower lip of the helmet and the skin of the hull. The form shot up like a skyrocket. The compressed air runs out fast; Maybe this version will stay aloft longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X