Horizontal Elongated Air Core Pulse Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizontal Elongated Air Core Pulse Motor

This is a new file that I posted to Thingiverse: Pulse Motors (Horizontal) for 1/4" or 8mm Shaft by Cotton80 - Thingiverse It is set up with four magnets and four pole pieces. You can operate with the SSG circuit or with a simple "make and break" such as a commutator or reed switch. The details are on the listing with a parts list.

If you do not have a 3D Printer Tom Childs with Teslagenx is setup to print by request.

Mann

After winding 2000t of 42 AWG on a leg I decided that there must be an easier way. I designed and printed a drill attachment that bolts on to the end of the leg that you are winding. I added the design to the file. You will still have to turn slowly so that you don't break the wire due to the elongated design of the motor, but it helps tremendously.

Mann

Comment

I added this design: Magnet Beam Pulse Motor for Quarter Inch or 8mm Shaft by Cotton80 - Thingiverse
      It is setup to put two magnets in repulsion in four positions at every 90 degrees. This should create a focused magnetic beam and a very abrupt pulse. It also has slots for iron coil cores (welding wire).

If someone wants to try a different size magnet or magnet arrangement for the rotor let me know. I know that there are others out there that live in the metric world. This is a very easy adjustment.

DMann

Comment

Here is a picture of the two side by side.IMG_20170204_203855_789 (1).jpg

Comment

Hi Dmann. Those are awesome. I seen a couple of other models at ES forum. These two are scalar north. I've got a buddy with a printer and I hope to print a your Bedini style window motor. I really appreciate your designs and that you make them available for everyone to print. My problem is deciding which one!

Thanks

al

Comment

Hey al. Yes, that one thus far is my favorite. It is easy to experiment with. I take that one, scaled down to 50%, everywhere. It runs on really low voltage. Those four alkaline batteries were "dead", from remote controls. They barely ran the motor when I first plugged them in. I ran a conventional fan behind it for a day and I guess it conditioned the batteries. I believe there is some sort of alchemical process that occurs in the batteries.

I know that changes can occur between metals and acid/alkaline substances in extreme heat. I watched someone make red glass from gold powder using a strong unknown alkaline substance. Maybe the radiant does something in the batteries that mimics the extreme heat.

The motor here is in the window motor configuration. There are four 31awg wires at 120-130 feet (3 for power 1 for trigger). The AA batteries are in series. It is being run on the basic SG circuit. The Tip41C does not have any trouble at this low voltage. I have run it on the SSG at 36 volts. That was way too much. The wire stand-offs got too warm and began to collapse on the brass shaft. The diode is a 1n4001 and the resistors are two 1/4 watt 470 ohms in parallel.

DMann
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X