Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollution is Climate Change

Climate Change is defined as:
    "Climate change is a change in the statistical distribution of weather patterns when that change lasts for an extended period of time"

Climate is defined as:
    "the weather conditions prevailing in an area in general or over a long period."

Weather is defined as:
    "Weather is the state of the atmosphere, to the degree that it is hot or cold, wet or dry, calm or stormy, clear or cloudy."

Looking at the smog fiasco in China it occurred to me that by definition this smog is a man made change in the state of the atmosphere and qualifies as Climate Change. That is human activities have in fact changed the state of the atmosphere which will cause harmful effects to billions of people.

I understand many people like to argue Climate Change only relates to CO2 and temperature however this is not the case. By definition any change in the state of the atmosphere qualifies as a change in the climate. Thus millions of tons of heavy metals including Mercury emitted by coal fired plants polluting the atmosphere only to precipitate in all our waterways also qualifies as a change in our climate. In fact CO2 and small gradual changes in temperature are insignificant relative to the billions of tons of "Pollutants" pumped into our atmosphere annually.

We could also use an alternate definition of atmosphere such as
    "a surrounding or pervading mood, environment, or influence" . The surrounding environment may qualify as our atmosphere thus all forms of pollution which influence us qualify as Climate Change.

I think it is absurd that so many Climate Change deniers try to limit the conversation to temperature change statistics in order to hide the obvious fact pollution is destroying the planet. For instance fossil fuel emissions add to ocean acidity and regional warming which contributes to the fact that 50% of coral reefs on this planet have died in the last 30 years. However nobody wants to talk about things that actually matter because it upsets them.

You see the moment we add Pollution to the Climate Change conversation it becomes pretty obvious the climate change deniers are half-wits and we have very big problems.

AC
    Last edited by Allcanadian; 12-22-2016, 04:49 PM.

I'm all for not polluting the planet faster than necessary. Climate change is a real thing however I do not hold much faith that man is playing a big roll in it.

Comment

Working...
    X