Sucahyo's Radiant Charger Variant and Applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucahyo's Radiant Charger Variant and Applications

Hi all, i am testing sucahyo's multiple diode radiant charger method, so far it seems to be working very well.
    After testing with this circuit drawing, i plan to see how it might work within the 3 battery system.
    The reason he used this multiple diode method, was to eliminate the battery damage that can occur when only using one diode off the coil.
    And also maintaining the radiant and not killing the radiant by just using a capacitor in parallel with battery or even a capacitor dump method.
    Your thoughts appreciated and has anyone tried this setup.
    peace love light

Hi Sky!
    Witch circuit of Sucahyo do you refer to?? The only one i know use 2 transistors. One npn and one pnp.

Anyway thanks for sharing your works as usual!

Comment

Hi wistiti, it's based on this idea here from Sucahyo.
      peace love light

Comment

Hi all, after researching much more about sucahyo's stingo circuit, it seems that circuit can create much sharper pulses, than the typical two coil blocking oscillator.
        Sucahyo has even said this circuit can have health benefits, due to such sharp cut off of pulses, similar to how tesla used a magnetic quenching system to attain quick cut off of pulse.
        At the moment, i am using a TIP42 pnp and a TIP3055 npn and i have wound a 3 strand, 24awg. coil, with a Tv ferrite flyback c-core.
        The 3 strands are not twisted and are all connected in parallel as one wire.
        I am also using the 4 diode bridge and capacitor rectifier method, shown in my previous circuit drawing, to charge a 12 volt battery.
        I could not get the thing to oscillate and kept trying different things.
        Until i thought that maybe because i was using a 14 volt DC power supply, that the 14 volts or the 2 volts above the 12 volt charging battery, was causing a current flow somewhere in the circuit and killing the oscillation.
        I then tried powering the circuit with a 12 volt battery and the circuit started oscillating right away.
        So far though, it does seem to charge another 12 volt battery extremely well, compared to all the other blocking oscillator (joule thief, etc.) circuits i have tried.
        I am going to try a 12 volt computer power supply next, as that has a genuine 12 volt output.
        I will draw the circuit i am using at the moment and post in awhile.
        Any questions or comments or anyone that has experience with this circuit, feel free to post.
        peace love light
        Last edited by SkyWatcher; 10-10-2016, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Hi all, here is the circuit i'm testing.
          If anyone comprehends why the circuit stops oscillating when using input voltage above 12.7 volts or above charge battery voltage, please share, i'm still studying the circuit to try and figure it out.
          peace love light

Comment

Hi all, for those observing this thread, i added a 44 kohm resistor in parallel with the 1n4004 diode and it raises frequency and reduces input from 210 milliamps down to 170 milliamps at 12.2 volt input.
            It actually seems to charge a little better with that added resistor.
            i will post an updated circuit drawing later tonight.
            peace love light

Comment

Hi all, here is the revised circuit drawing.
              The added 44 kohm resistor also allows the TIP3055 drive transistor to run much cooler it seems.
              peace love light

Comment

Hi all, I have returned to experimenting with the Stingo circuit.
                I have been testing many different coil and core combinations and tweaking the circuit sometimes.
                The best efficiency so far is around 80%.
                That is with a TIP3055 NPN and TIP42 PNP.
                Using a ferrite tube core and 5 strands of twisted 24awg. magnet wire.
                Total coil resistance is around 700 milliohms.
                Using computer power supply for input, 11.9 volts.
                Have been charging these 12 volt tractor batteries and plan cycle them and use a digital charger to discharge them.
                This, to get a better idea of the work done by the radiantly charged batteries.
                Your thoughts welcome and anyone else still working with stingo or using for anything.
                peace love light

Comment

Radiant chargers

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                  Hi all, I have returned to experimenting with the Stingo circuit.
                  I have been testing many different coil and core combinations and tweaking the circuit sometimes.
                  The best efficiency so far is around 80%.
                  That is with a TIP3055 NPN and TIP42 PNP.
                  Using a ferrite tube core and 5 strands of twisted 24awg. magnet wire.
                  Total coil resistance is around 700 milliohms.
                  Using computer power supply for input, 11.9 volts.
                  Have been charging these 12 volt tractor batteries and plan cycle them and use a digital charger to discharge them.
                  This, to get a better idea of the work done by the radiantly charged batteries.
                  Your thoughts welcome and anyone else still working with stingo or using for anything.
                  peace love light

Hi Skywatcher,

As always I admire you tenatinous grit in your constant experments. And you always show what you have done to others so they may do the same. I congratulate you on your openness and willingness to share. And on that note t thought that I would share some info with you.
                  I have many years of experience with Radiant chargers of my own design but never built this one so my comments are not about it but my input may be worth you while to look into.

If you put increased inductance on the base side of your transistors you will see improved charging . And yes this goes aganist common knowledge as was I first thought the same.
                  As on your design shown all inductance is on the collector side. I use very small inductance on that side and moved it to the base side.
                  And is completely opposite of what is shown by others such a John Bedini . No disrespect intended towards his work though I did not know if him when I first started in these devices.
                  Just try what I propose and keep an open mind. It has to do with off time energy flow. And for those that say collapsing field has only one direction of flow and changes polarity, then explain this.
                  I would suggest to read the work of Gabriel Kron .

Best wishes ,

Jeff
                  Last edited by j dove; 07-09-2017, 01:52 AM.

Comment

is it possible to replace the 12 Volt power supply with a Solar panel. If so what size of the panel would be best?

Comment

Hi all, Hi dove, thanks for the kind words, not sure how your idea should be wired, maybe like the lynx joule ringer.
                      Hi gotwe, it might be possible, keep in mind, i was having trouble getting this circuit to oscillate with a voltage much higher than charge battery voltage.
                      Though maybe the many variables in this circuit could be altered to use a higher input voltage.
                      Here is the current version circuit I'm testing at the moment.
                      peace love light

Comment

Hi all, so i have been making tests on this new stingo version and it is charging my 12 volt tractor batteries very well and the voltage is holding strong.
                        Also, apparently a couple of the 12 volt batteries have been sulfating a bit, white stuff can be seen on top of them.
                        This circuit is breaking that sulfation down, the voltage can be seen to start out higher, then it is slowly lowering.
                        It is doing this on only 2.5 watts input, that is impressive to me.
                        I should also share how i got the circuit up to 80% efficiency.
                        I tried ferrite TV flyback cores, ferrite toroids, with 18 awg. magnet wire and 24 awg. magnet wire, these all had lower efficiency, like 50-60%.
                        It seems the best is an open straight core, i'm using ferrite tubes, though maybe a solid rod, with better ferrite material would perform even better.
                        It seems that a low resistance coil, though with high inductance, many turns and closer to a brooks coil geometry is best.
                        This stingo circuit is designed for ultra fast, sharp pulses, so a closed core is not ideal.
                        The reason i feel, that people were getting ok efficiency with the small toroids, is because they were saturating them and they then acted like an open core, allowing a faster pulse.
                        If i pull out the removable ferrite tube core from the coil, making it air coil, the output increases, however the input also increases.
                        So, maybe the air coil works out to the same efficiency perhaps, though the frequency is increased, if that's what one is desiring.
                        Here is a pic of the circuit, I'm using the 2SC5359 NPN and TIP42, though as said, the TIP3055 NPN works well also.
                        Don't mind the boost converter on the right, that is used for my bright as the sun, 12 modified led bulb lighting system overhead, hehe.
                        peace love light

Edit: the 5 strand coil is not twisted, that is another coil i have with the same resistance and is also 5 strand. so i just tested it to compare.
                        The stranded coil is 5% less efficient, at least with the way the circuit is tuned at the moment.
                        Last edited by SkyWatcher; 07-10-2017, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j dove View Post
                          Hi Skywatcher,

As always I admire you tenatinous grit in your constant experments. And you always show what you have done to others so they may do the same. I congratulate you on your openness and willingness to share. And on that note t thought that I would share some info with you.
                          I have many years of experience with Radiant chargers of my own design but never built this one so my comments are not about it but my input may be worth you while to look into.

If you put increased inductance on the base side of your transistors you will see improved charging . And yes this goes aganist common knowledge as was I first thought the same.
                          As on your design shown all inductance is on the collector side. I use very small inductance on that side and moved it to the base side.
                          And is completely opposite of what is shown by others such a John Bedini . No disrespect intended towards his work though I did not know if him when I first started in these devices.
                          Just try what I propose and keep an open mind. It has to do with off time energy flow. And for those that say collapsing field has only one direction of flow and changes polarity, then explain this.
                          I would suggest to read the work of Gabriel Kron .

Best wishes ,

Jeff

Hi Sky , Hi jeff!
                          Jeff can you share more on your device please?
                          I am interested!
                          Thank you!

Comment

Yes, i am with wistiti, if you could share an example of the circuit you are sharing j dove, i would like to try and build such a design.
                            peace love light

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                              Yes, i am with wistiti, if you could share an example of the circuit you are sharing j dove, i would like to try and build such a design.
                              peace love light
                              Hi Sky and all,

First I must say I did not invent or create any of this I learn from others and my experiments and many mistakes. Credit goes to my good friend Nelson Rocha which teach me much and gave me help, also to Cool Joule and the works of Gabriel Kron, Eric Dollard, C. P. Steinmetz. There are the ones who deserve any credit not me.

It is only increased efficiency not OU but I know it can lead to more.

Yes I will try to explain my circuit .
                              It is a joule thief type circuit with CPD mod as per cool joule shown in his videos. But in mine I wind my coil with straight ferrite core . It has bifilar winding of a ratio of 1 to 1.618
                              The longer winding is multi stranded Litz wire the other is solid core magnetic wire.
                              When I hook up the coil I connect the longer Litz winding to the base of the transistor connection. This opposite of that shown by John bedini.

Now also with the CPD mod by cool joule I connect the diode first in line before pot. But before this and between coil that is going to the transistor base I connect increased inductance as I stated. You may have to experiment with which one works best to get it to work correctly. I used several types of inductors and found a small audio transformer ,this works the best at this moment.
                              You should see improved charging with less current draw.
                              Take your charge off the collector side as always for better performance.
                              What I have told you is my circuit and I give it out.

I know that this can be improved upon as my friend Nelson has shown me that this is possible. But It is his circuit and I can not give away what is not mine. But if you look at his mini exciter circuit you can see what he has done. He is very talented and gives good information to those that take the the time to watch his videos.

Also the work of those I mentioned above give information but is very math related so you need to study hard on it but it gives me headache too.

I hope that this is clear what I have said. It is not an idea or theory as I have improve my chargers with this. I hope that this helps you to improve your systems though it seems contrary to other circuits.

I also use the same circuit for colloidal silver generator and works so very good.

I will try to answer questions if you have any.

Best wishes,

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X