Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capacitor charging using opened coil in a core

Hi folks and hi med.3012 and others.

I have not posted here for a while because I was experimenting a little bit. I don't like to post only theories, so this time I come with a simple experiment that I have tested.

Maybe this is useful for someone.

The test is based in the possibility to charge a capacitor using a L2 with one end of the L2 not connected to anything.

The idea is to use a car's ignition coil and use the output and use a L2 end to a Avramenko's plug and charge a capacitor. I will update this post with pictures and more detailed explanation.

Here more detailed explanations:

A conventional transformer works in this way as we know:

The variation I see is the next one:
    Using a L2 and using only one end of the L2 it's possible to charge the capacitor if AV plug is used. Even if AV plug is not used, there are some sparks in the ends of the L2 coil.

The L2 is the coil you can see in the picture, not the internal ones of the car's ignition coil. Car's ignition coil is fed with pulsed direct current.

Comment

The next step is to replace the core with multi strand thick wire and check if the effect still happens or not.
      Last edited by AetherScientist; 06-03-2016, 01:45 PM.

Comment

With the last post, I mean that it would be ok to check this configuration. The only thing that has been changed is the replacement of the core with a multi strand wire.

Comment

Hello AetherScientist , hi eveyone

nice to see you again

nice setup, but i wonder about the amount of collected power? is it good ?

Comment

Originally posted by med.3012 View Post
            Hello AetherScientist , hi eveyone

nice to see you again

nice setup, but i wonder about the amount of collected power? is it good ?
            Hello med.3012, nice to see you again too.

When I short the capacitor I get big sparks and they seem stronger than using the classic connection (connecting the AV plug directly to the output of the ignition coil, instead of winding a coil around the output).

I have also tried to use the Smith's experiment of using the spark of the car's ignition coil in a plate // insulator // plate // insulator // plate, and you can get sparks in any plate.

Comment

Originally posted by AetherScientist View Post
              Hello med.3012, nice to see you again too.

When I short the capacitor I get big sparks and they seem stronger than using the classic connection (connecting the AV plug directly to the output of the ignition coil, instead of winding a coil around the output).

I have also tried to use the Smith's experiment of using the spark of the car's ignition coil in a plate // insulator // plate // insulator // plate, and you can get sparks in any plate.

i don't mean to discard your work or lower its value but why not to choose a single design and improve it together ? i just published a new video in youtube discuss serial ETBC (s)

practically this design work a pretty good but we still need a good ferrite core ( bigger ) not like the small TV YOKE,

just visit my thread and ignore the security warning appear when you click on youtube link, or copy past these lines in your browser :

copy don't click ! https://youtu.be/a0FNZZywgng

Comment

i don't mean to discard your work or lower its value but why not to choose a single design and improve it together ? i just published a new video in youtube discuss serial ETBC (s)

practically this design work a pretty good but we still need a good ferrite core ( bigger ) not like the small TV YOKE,

just visit my thread and ignore the security warning appear when you click on youtube link, or copy past these lines in your browser :
                Do you mean to work in a specific design and work together you and me?

Comment

Do you mean to work in a specific design and work together you and me?

Not only you and me, there's other friends outside the forum work on the same design , the ETBC is highly adaptable device, recently i found a way to optimize the output, the only difficulty is how to build a large ferrite core but this problem solved pretty easily if we grind the ferrite and mix it with epoxy resin and after that put the mixture in the preferred mold.

the video posted in my previous post show the details, when working on the same design it's easy to solve the problems , what do you think ?

Comment

Hi Aether Scientist
                    I like your open system concept of cap charging. I think this is a track very much worth exploring. The problem for me is I get a discharge from caps charged in parallel like this only if I short them out - great sparks, but a useful discharge for me is the goal.

I believe the key to useful discharge that can perform work is moving from a parallel kind of charging as you demonstrate to a series discharge.
                    In other words, charge in parallel, discharge in series. I also believe the open configuration of your system is of key importance.
                    Bob

Comment

Not only you and me, there's other friends outside the forum work on the same design , the ETBC is highly adaptable device, recently i found a way to optimize the output, the only difficulty is how to build a large ferrite core but this problem solved pretty easily if we grind the ferrite and mix it with epoxy resin and after that put the mixture in the preferred mold.

the video posted in my previous post show the details, when working on the same design it's easy to solve the problems , what do you think ?
                      Hello, I have to see the whole video. I have only seen small parts of it.

I have different concepts to test, but I have learnt that the important thing is to test and post results. I want to stop posting only ideas.

I have tested the concepts that I have materials. There are other ones that I don't have the materials, so I cannot test them at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Smith View Post
                        Hi Aether Scientist
                        I like your open system concept of cap charging. I think this is a track very much worth exploring. The problem for me is I get a discharge from caps charged in parallel like this only if I short them out - great sparks, but a useful discharge for me is the goal.

I believe the key to useful discharge that can perform work is moving from a parallel kind of charging as you demonstrate to a series discharge.
                        In other words, charge in parallel, discharge in series. I also believe the open configuration of your system is of key importance.
                        Bob
                        I posted this result because it could be of great importance for some users.
                        As long as we know, when you use both ends of the output of a transformer there is reflection to the source.

When you use only one end of the output coil you're not creating a back magnetomotive force, so the input in the primary would be reactive power.

It seems that with the opened secondary, there is not energy drawing in the primary. So... could you get as many copies from the primary as you want? I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Smith View Post
                          Hi Aether Scientist

Bob
                          As you know, in the setup I show here I use the AV plug to charge a capacitor in parallel.

As you might know, there is one very known circuit that is similar to an AV plug and can discharge the caps in series.

Basically, the AV plug is very similar to a Cockcroft walton multiplier (half wave).

Comment

I have also tried the experiment that Don Smith has shown several times.

To use the spark of the ignition coil in one metallic plate (use dielectric in between) and use another metallic plate. As you know, you can get the sparks in the output metallic plate.

I have also tried with multiple metallic plates and you can get sparks in any plate. I tried with 4 plates.

Comment

As you know, in the setup I show here I use the AV plug to charge a capacitor in parallel.

As you might know, there is one very known circuit that is similar to an AV plug and can discharge the caps in series.

Basically, the AV plug is very similar to a Cockcroft walton multiplier (half wave).
                              Thank you Aether Scientist,
                              Yes, this has been my conclusion as well. With this kind of array, we should be able to step up any kind of capacitor output, and then step it down for useable charge to do work. If we follow Don Smith's logic, then each step-up of charge through the capacitors along the CW array allows for an additional entry of charge from the ambient medium.
                              Regards,
                              Bob
                              Last edited by Bob Smith; 06-05-2016, 01:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X