Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham Gunderson transformer

Hi all,

I'm very intersted in G. Gunderson's Transformer schematics which he was to present at the conference on saturday. As I am among the many unfortunate ones who could not attend I was hoping somebody who was there would be so kind to share the specifics so we can get at it! Looking forward to any input.

Cheers

Graham Gunderson

Thanks for posting. I didn't know about this topic until now.

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwbnMSIBTi8[/VIDEO]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwbnMSIBTi8

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwbnMSIBTi8
    Awesome!
    Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

I'm very intersted in G. Gunderson's Transformer schematics which he was to present at the conference on saturday. As I am among the many unfortunate ones who could not attend I was hoping somebody who was there would be so kind to share the specifics so we can get at it! Looking forward to any input.
      Graham Gunderson's transformer

He had a table full of equipment, most of it being testing and measuring equipment. The actual core is the miniscule picture above. It was not as flashy as Bedini's toys, but his focus was on measuring and understanding the concepts at work.

COP of 1.03 if I remember correctly (and it did fluctuate over the course of presentation). Not enough to self-run by any means, but it was intended to prove the concept

* Source is plain sinewave signal fed through an amplifier.
      * The top and bottom coils are input, with the center coil being output
      * Cores are generic ferrites, and there is a small airgap between both halves.
      * I believe the coils were in attraction but with a 45-90deg phase offset.
      * At least the source is in resonance to conserve and recycle energy

I am not sure on circuit, but I do know there is a phase delay between the two coils. This phase delay causes a magnetic field along the center gap that teeter-totters back and forth. The pickup coil harvests energy off this flux flipping and everything is spit out to carefully calibrated scopes and probes.

It's not fancy and not even a self-runner, but Graham wanted to build a Wright Bros aircraft to show the principles of flight instead of building a 747 that nobody would understand.

The core part as far as I understand, is that he's using phase to rotate flux along the gap under resonance and harnessing power from this virtual rotation rather than regular transformer induction.

Oh well, hope that helps. If there's any other questions I'll answer best of my understanding.

Comment

Image of Gunderson Transformer

Here's that image for everyone to see.

Copy of the original image:
        Code:
        http://s25.postimg.org/56ctihr0v/gunderson.jpg
        Last edited by vidbid; 07-16-2015, 01:53 AM. Reason: addition
        Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

transformer

Interesting. My setup will be two Toa 924 mono audio amplifiers.
          Amidon EA-77-375 e core set.
          90 degree phase shift circuit for 10Hz-10kHz: rotating

Reiyuki, I have a few questions:

From the presentation was there an indication that the effect is frequency dependent or specifically what frequency is being used here? kHz, MHz?

Also, in the youtube video, he mentions a magnetic "event" that occurs. Did he expound upon that in the presentation?

Also, did he mention the B-H magnetization curve shape as being a factor?

Thanks for attending and sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by aniccame View Post
            Interesting. My setup will be two Toa 924 mono audio amplifiers.
            Amidon EA-77-375 e core set.
            90 degree phase shift circuit for 10Hz-10kHz: rotating
            Neat schematic thanks. I may need something like that as Arduino's tend to get 'grainy' at higher frequencies.

Couple more bits to add
            * It was driven by 1 AC amplifier plugged into a function gen.
            * Probably tuned capacitance to maintain resonance and minimize input.

From the presentation was there an indication that the effect is frequency dependent or specifically what frequency is being used here? kHz, MHz?
            He actually talked more about concepts than the actual device and numbers. That said,

kHz range, I don't think more than 1mhz. Wherever ferrite starts getting lossy, it was definitely below that..
            Ballpark, somewhere between 20-200khz.

Also, in the youtube video, he mentions a magnetic "event" that occurs. Did he expound upon that in the presentation?
            I wish I had taken a clip of the FEMM model he showed.. There wasn't any magic, or at least anything that didn't conform to normal models.
            It showed a model of the resonant transformer where the fields would resonate, and interact so at a certain period they would form these fast rotating pinches that would reach far off to each side.

If I'm understanding was correct, his output coil is getting energy from this second-order interaction rather than one coil simply charging another.

Also, did he mention the B-H magnetization curve shape as being a factor?
            Magnetization and hysteresis were mentioned, not exactly sure how it fits in his setup. We'll have to ask him.

-----------------------------------

I don't think any of us is going to have much luck duplicating this exact device (trying to match his hardware and measuring equipment). Even if we did, it's only COP 1.03. If we can understand these nonlinear one-way interactions, then maybe we'll be in the right ballpark.

Take a close look at the patent for better clues. Same guy, right?
            Patent US7830065 - Solid state electric generator - Google Patents

/Rei

Comment

schematic

I'll ask Graham if we can provide the full schematic to go along with the presentation video and diagram of how the test probes are all connected.

Originally posted by Reiyuki View Post
              Graham Gunderson's transformer

He had a table full of equipment, most of it being testing and measuring equipment. The actual core is the miniscule picture above. It was not as flashy as Bedini's toys, but his focus was on measuring and understanding the concepts at work.

COP of 1.03 if I remember correctly (and it did fluctuate over the course of presentation). Not enough to self-run by any means, but it was intended to prove the concept

* Source is plain sinewave signal fed through an amplifier.
              * The top and bottom coils are input, with the center coil being output
              * Cores are generic ferrites, and there is a small airgap between both halves.
              * I believe the coils were in attraction but with a 45-90deg phase offset.
              * At least the source is in resonance to conserve and recycle energy

I am not sure on circuit, but I do know there is a phase delay between the two coils. This phase delay causes a magnetic field along the center gap that teeter-totters back and forth. The pickup coil harvests energy off this flux flipping and everything is spit out to carefully calibrated scopes and probes.

It's not fancy and not even a self-runner, but Graham wanted to build a Wright Bros aircraft to show the principles of flight instead of building a 747 that nobody would understand.

The core part as far as I understand, is that he's using phase to rotate flux along the gap under resonance and harnessing power from this virtual rotation rather than regular transformer induction.

Oh well, hope that helps. If there's any other questions I'll answer best of my understanding.
              Sincerely,
              Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
              Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
              RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Graham's patent

Originally posted by Reiyuki View Post
                Take a close look at the patent for better clues. Same guy, right?
                Patent US7830065 - Solid state electric generator - Google Patents
                Yes, that's him.
                Sincerely,
                Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Dependencies

If available, it would be very interesting to know COP vs. frequency or any other interdependencies that might suggest ways in increase COP.
                  There is a reason why science has been successful and technology is widespread. Don't be afraid to do the math and apply the laws of physics.

Comment

https://www.google.com/patents/US20060163971

It sort of reminds me of Steven Marks' TPU.

Abstract
                    A solid-state electrical generator including at least one permanent magnet, magnetically coupled to a ferromagnetic core provided with at least one hole penetrating its volume; the hole(s) and magnet(s) being placed such that the hole(s) penetrating the ferromagnetic core's volume intercept flux from the permanent magnet(s) coupled into the ferromagnetic core. A first wire coil is wound around the ferromagnetic core for the purpose of moving the coupled permanent magnet flux within the ferromagnetic core. A second wire is routed through the hole(s) penetrating the volume of the ferromagnetic core, for the purpose of intercepting this moving magnetic flux, thereby inducing an output electromotive force. A changing voltage applied to the first wire coil causes coupled permanent magnet flux to move within the core relative to the hole(s) penetrating the core volume, thus inducing electromotive force along wire(s) passing through the hole(s) in the ferromagnetic core. The mechanical action of an electrical generator is thereby synthesized without use of moving parts.

Last edited by vidbid; 07-18-2015, 02:42 PM.
                    Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Originally posted by vidbid View Post
                      https://www.google.com/patents/US20060163971

It sort of reminds me of Steven Marks' TPU.
                      If it helps, I think it's the same process as described better in this patent: 20140091890. Figure 7 is the TPU version, bent over into 2 opposed loops.
                      If the patents are accurate, it also means that a lot of MEG replicators with under-unity transformers in their shop could possibly close the loop by drilling holes and winding through where the control coils used to go.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXno_7xXSZs

Comment

Bifilar

Not trying to hijack this thread but it would be interesting to hear a talk from graham on his work with pulsing bifilar coils and detecting the beam at his distance with some kind of detector. His radio work bears exploration.

He also used to claim he made a self running electrostatic turbine. I dont know why that wouldnt be a demonstrated at the energetic conference rather than a transformer with difficult to replicate details.

Believe me, I understand if he is overwhelmed but some of the older work that isnt public could maybe be written down and distributed for others to reproduce.

I spent much time playing with these things and have other responsibilities now so I'm out of the game for the most part. Looking back I wish I had used that time more productively. I was little overly focused on this stuff.

Comment

transformer core and coil

I have a coil form made of PCB and three litz wire coils wound using similar litz wire gauge as Graham used and the exact cores Graham used.

It was part of my replication attempt of his presentation last year.

If anyone would like them please PM me or post back here.

Comment

Working...
                            X