Tanked Water For Free Electricity & Complete Home Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanked Water For Free Electricity & Complete Home Generation

Extracting electricity from a domestic water system is a massive waste of time, but, there is one way to generate and gain electrical power by tanking the water. Water generates electrical current based upon the "head" or weight above the level of the generation system, water wheel, or whatever we use to generate power. I have developed a way to successfully generate electricity for a very nice electrical system that has enough current to work with solar and wind power so entire farms, homes, and businesses can be powered inexpensively for decades without much maintenance if done right and for less than $4k to $5k maximum.

Here is the beneficial method I have come up with and have literally constructed, little by little over the years as a bet by a friend of mine, as he said that it's impossible towork, while it worked and worked very well, and, I made $2500 cash for my bet since I knew it would work based upon an experiment i did at an earlier date with a 55 gallon drum filled with water raised up 20' in the air..

On the old farm I lived on, we had a 3000 gallon water tower for irrigation that was installed on the top of the ridge. The pipes running down from the ridge had several hundred feet of head "lift" to it and here is where my thought came into play. Regardless if I had a full tank and I put a generation system at the top of the pipe (on the bottom of the tank) , I would have the same water pressure, minus the water weight from the content of the pipe itself.

So, if I added one generator just below the tank, I would have the same net result in power, just the same as if I installed one at the very bottom. Well, I found that the water would generate just short of what was necessary to pump the water back up into the tank and I put two backward dc magnet motor electric pumps inline with each other to generate the electricity to pump the water back up into the tank, but, it was installed backwards, so the flow of the water and the massive pressure forced the impeller to spin with incredible speed, generating electrical energy. The first pump was feeding the next pump, creating enough electricity to pump the water back into the tank. I decided to get more pumps and install them inline, between the others, and, the water pressure remained the same at each position, all the way through the system. After all 30 of the pumps were installed, I installed a valve to regulate the pressure and found that a garden hose with enough pressure to get it just short of bursting was perfect to operate the pumps as generators to maintain the 120-150 watts each that they ranged between while spinning from the water pressure.

Each pump generates approximately the same amount of power between 120 and 150 watts of power at 120-130 volts ac under load, charging the batteries constantly with a total charge capability of 4050 watts rms without running the batteries down. With no electrical load on them, the generators produce 220 volts at full speed (6500) , but, with a load on them, they are capable of only 120 volts at 1-1.25 amps which is between 120 and 150 watts . I took the 120 watts per unit and rectified them to make dc voltage , then connected them through solar charge controllers and they charged several deep cycle marine batteries to later be inverted for larger load capability without ever losing electrical power, except for the time the ground got struck by lightning and the charge controllers were fried. Lightning rods cured that, but, the system generated more power than my wind and solar systems and is still operational to this day. I actually make a pretty substantial profit when i am asked to replace bad pump motors because nobody has a clue what I used to make this all work since they were small specialty pumps for appliances which were modified to operate as necessary and they save tons of money since the home and farm are completely off the grid being that I used wind and solar for many years previously. I installed a complete off grid electrical system years ago that uses a combination of water power, wind power, and solar power for less than $4k.

The tank system works like this. The tank is full to a level approximately 2 feet from the top. It gathered rain for years, so, when it was full, we painted the tank and tower white, added a natural antifreeze to eliminate freezing in the winter, as well, we covered and vented the top of the tank with riveted and sealed aluminum plates to eliminate massive evaporation and debris from getting in. The water has to be chlorinated to stop it from turning green and growing algae in the tank, and, it is a downfall since the pump's plastic housings get destroyed by the chlorination, crack from getting brittle, and need to be replaced every couple of years. Thankfully these pumps are very commonly used for household appliances and can cost as little as $22 each, but, otherwise the water would get really bad and if it leaked without chlorine in the water, it would probably bring disease to the farm below. The most expensive part of the project was to add Peak antifreeze to eliminate frosting of the water which would destroy the pumps, pipes, and hoses,

Anyway, the farm has a different irrigation tank now since the old aluminum tank had many holes in it from hunters taking shots at it over the years, but, I patched it so it would hold water again safely. Anyway, I took several hundred feet of service hose (heavy duty black garden hose for HVAC service and ran each hose in and out of each pump,
    back out of the pumps other port and into another hose. There were so many sections of hose from the vast distance that I was able to install one pump in series at each intersection. Once we got to the bottom of the run, we connected more hose back up the hill , all the way up to the water level on the tank. The hose was secured ( tied off so it didn't fall back down the hill from the water weight), then, I opened the valve and the water pushed it's way down the hill and all the way back to the level of the water on the tank at the top of the hill, all by itself. We manually added/pumped new water into the tank to raise it higher than the pump on the end of the hose, to help the pump flow with ease and put a discharge hose from the pump (which was installed at the water level of the tank) into the tank. We energized the last pump from the small inverter off of the batteries which were precharged and started to pump the water in, and the system started generating the electricity flawlessly. It used the normal amount of power the pump was rated for without additional load. The water now started to draw from the tank and spun every pump inline backward, generating the voltages stated above. Now, if I used much larger pipe and had the money to use larger pumps and turbines per location, we would have a lot of extra electricity. The flow is identical, all the way through the system, and, gravity is used to bring the water back to the water level of the tank so additional force in not necessary to pump it all the way back up the hill, there is only the need to pump the water from the top level of water in the hose back into the tank, the rest of the water flows back to the height of the water in the tank all by itself from gravity without any extra restriction.

Now, if I am able to generate power like this, other methods can be used to utilize gravity to do the same thing. I am quite confident I haven't used the best, most efficient and powerful method, but, it was cost effective and allows the farmhouse and the farm's irrigation pumps to operate from the system along with the wind units and the solar panels. All together, with all of the generation on the farm, there is clearly more than 11kW total and absolutely no necessity for grid power ever. I just wish I had an easier way of generation for larger sums of power without solar panels use at all since they get covered with snow in the winter and are deemed useless at night time. My system can be used with much larger pumps at a small loss due to the drag created by their backpressure, but, with enough head, the generators have no choice but to spin since the water weight is so much greater than the backpressure on the impellers and shafts.

If anybody has any questions, please reply to this message. I do not like skeptics, so, if you are trying to purposely make me look bad, don't bother even replying. I am only trying to help those of you who have farms and the ability to build this to eliminate a $400-$600 monthly electrical bill. The same system can be built with any sized water tank just as long as the hose or pipes are filled and the tank filled to the top. I found that 1200 gallon plastic water tanks work best and are cheap , easy to handle and hoist, etc.

My newest 1200 gallon system on my new property that I built is good for 6700 watts and I will be attempting to add more pumps once I get more money since I have another 22 feet of pipe left to add pumps as generators to give more output. I have a 120' tall incline in my back yard which is the source of the head for my generation system. My tank is at ground level at the top of the hill, and, I have a stream at the bottom flowing steadily with year round water. My intention is to build two tank systems to generate power as we are supposedly not allowed to build or add turbines, waterwheels, as our town won't allow permits to be pulled for the construction of a water generating system as they say the stream is federally protected, but, the government says it is not. The DEP says we could pump 49,999 gallons weekly from the stream for irrigation, and, water wheels as well as turbines can be installed just as long as my property is on both sides of the stream, which it is in 2 locations, so, I may build anyway to supplement my power needs. The Army Corps Of Engineers are in charge of the bodies of water and streams in our area since they have dammed the streams and rivers after the devastating flood of 55.

It's funny, we have a metals processing plant that is built on top of the stream, and, they need to draw and pump the water in to process the metals, so, I think the town is assisting them to collect heavy taxes, but, I am quite confident the DEP knows nothing about their use and pumping of the water from the stream.

The owner of the factory walks the stream periodically and destroys all of the property owner's pump systems that connect to the stream, and, I now know it is illegal for him to do as he loses money on failed metal processing if we stir up the sediment in the stream. Our town tax office warn us we will be arrested if we touch the water in the stream, but, I have received written permission from the CT DEP which allows me pumping from the river for irrigation of up to 49,999 gallons for myu garden and lawn if needed per week.

I have thought of tanking this weekly and selling it back to the factory as he destroyed my pump system. I'd like to file suit against him for the damage he created, but, I can kill his profits and make him pay rather than sue him. It'd be great to get $.50 cents a gallon for the water he relied heavily on. My property is 1/4 mile before his factory, so, why not?? He screwed with me, so, maybe it's time for me to get him back!

Marc

No legal or ethical advise, but perhaps this can give ya alternative ideas...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGpXA6qhH_Q

- All the Best !

Comment

Salut Marc!
      Thanks for sharing. what is the spec of the water pump you use and where did you buy it?

Comment

Is it that simple? :-)

Hey, thank you for sharing. I just tried to imagine it and made this (easy) scheme - do I get it right? (See the file attached)
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Regarding the factory it might be time to get the feds involved first if this guy is daring enough to go around destroying your pumps. Sounds like the whole town is a bit off and the feds might set them straight. Just do you research first to see how the feds might effect your setup too.

As far as your system goes have you looked at or are you familiar with the ram pump? If I recall that is what it goes by. Essentially a special pump that uses no external power to pump water uphill. It uses the water hammer effect in pipes. It might be a way to increase your efficiency by quite a bit with this setup.
          There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

To increase power, start out with a large pipe, every 10 feet go to a smaller pipe. Before entering you pumps use the smallest pipes your system can handle. Like,6 to 4 to 2 to 1 inch pipes. This will create more pressure and less head will be needed. You will need a longer piping system, but not a lot of height of head. Pressure or weight both can produce power. In your stream, use plastic drain pipe with holes in it. Lay flat on bottom of stream. Seal the upper end with a cap to prevent gravel/sand from clogging the holes. Attach a solid plastic drain pipe to the end and run in an underground trench to your house or other building. There you can attach to a turbine to spin a generator. Then use solid plastic drain pipe to return the water to the stream in an underground trench. No one will suspect anything. Oh, and you will need to lay heavy rocks around and over top of the pipe top prevent it from surfacing or floating away. Also it make it easy to do any repairs out of the stream. A shutoff valve attached before entering the turbine will make maintenance easy. Good Luck stealth

Comment

Exponential Acceleration of Freefall vs linear Acceleration of Lift.

Could Marc Boulanger's Tanked Water System be explained by the exponential acceleration of freefall versus the linear acceleration of lift? In other words, it takes a fixed amount of energy to lift the water back up to the tank yet falling water accelerates as the square of the height due to the solid mass of water undergoing lift versus the individual water molecules undergoing freefall? This subdivision of water into individual masses during freefall subdivides the potential energy of freefall into a huge potential quantity making it possible to insert innumerable electric generators inline of the falling water.

There's no gravity during lift - merely resistance (load) - a linear counter-force. During lift, speed is not a factor, merely torque.

Since electrical generation is based on the speed of the turbines without diminishing their torque arising from the mass (pressure) of the water, amperage can be accentuated by the insertion of as many generators as can comfortably fit inline of the falling water. This potential for innumerable generators offsets the fixed relation between speed versus torque which would otherwise impose a limit upon energy generation as a closed system.

But freefall is not a closed system since gravity is a non-linear, exponential acceleration.

So, the water pressure offers resistance to the pump lifting water at the bottom of the hill while offering no positive or negative resistance to the generators along water's freefall. This is the irony of hydraulics acting as a solid enroute back up to the top of the hill while behaving as a fluid flowing down its side. So, the cost to run this system is far less than its payoff especially if the height is increased to the bursting point of the pipes and various fittings.

Gravity's involvement, here, is little different than Veljko Milkovic's two stage mechanical oscillator since the pendulum accelerates near the bottom of its arc thus offsetting the weight of the hammer despite the relatively small mass of the pendulous weight.

An ice skater spins faster by drawing in her arms or slows down her spin by extending them. She's actually 'faking' her change in mass since we know she does not put on weight, nor mysteriously lose weight, during her ice routine. Yet, she is able to mimic the acceleration of freefall by reducing her radius of spin without costing any more energy than is to maintain her spin with her arms extended. Only her apparent mass has changed with a consequential change in spin.

Thus, when water is subdivided into its individual molecules during freefall, they can fake a reduction in their overall mass and fool us into believing that we can get an additional output of energy for free.

It could be conjectured that the various atomic weights are directly related to their various atomic radii? In other words, distinctions of mass among the various atomic elements are a superficial distinction. Only their radii and consequent spin are actually unique (their mass being consequential to their spin and their spin being consequential to their radii).

Meanwhile, gravity may have already been partially explained by Dmitri Mendelyev when he posited the pre-hydrogen X and Y atomic elements on his subsequent periodic chart which no one paid any attention to...

An Attempt Towards a Chemical Conception of the Ether, by D. Mendeleyev

If these two light weight elements specialize in exhibiting either the electric field or the magnetic field, but not both, and if they interpenetrate all space and matter (if we consider that all matter is only that which we can measure composed of merely the elements of hydrogen and upwards in atomic weight), then all electric and magnetic fields of hydrogen (and the heavier elements) may be nothing other than these two pre-hydrogen elements hanging out in the vicinity of their heavier counterparts creating the electric and magnetic fields of the heavier elements?

To complete this scenario of gravity, we must first honestly appraise the situation: have we ever actually measured gravity between two objects? Or, merely the gravity effect between a planetary body (such as a star, since Jupiter - for all intents and purposes - is a pre-star of its own) and another planet or star, or else with free floating matter not aggregated into a spheroidal celestial body?

If the center of all spheroidal and ellipsoidal stellar bodies are hollow with a core composed exclusively of X and Y pre-hydrogen elements exerting an attraction for everything else in the universe, but especially for the hydrogen and heavier elements in orbit around this core (producing the appearance of a solid planet or solid star), then gravity is the centripetal counterpoint of X and Y elements' attraction towards everything else to offset the centrifugal force of the planet's, or star's, gyroscopic spin of its outer shell? Thus the planets' outer shell 'floats' at its neutral zone of buoyancy between these two competing forces of the planet's spin and its effective gravity.

The reason why the shell of a hollow planet or star is so much further out in orbit from the center of mass of any stellar object, is because Dmitri Mendeleyev has theorized the atomic weight of the X and Y pre-hydrogen elements as being so light as to far exceed any resemblance with hydrogen or anything heavier. Thus, spin can't force X nor Y out into any sort of orbit. Instead, they float freely and mingle just as freely in between the spaces of all other atomic matter.

So, what causes them to congregate at the core of a hollow planet or star? I don't know. Maybe, they themselves can't spin, but instead they spin as two masses - spinning at right angles to each other's spin planes (thus, creating planetary precessional tilt) chasing each others' tails as does the yang/yin symbol depicts?...

Physics 101
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Vinyasi; 08-01-2016, 06:56 PM. Reason: I can't stop thinking about this....

Comment

Originally posted by Vinyasi View Post
                Could Marc Boulanger's Tanked Water System be explained by the exponential acceleration of freefall versus the linear acceleration of lift?
                I don't think there is any freefall involved. From the top of the water in the tank to the exit on the return line the system is full of water so there is nowhere to freefall to.

BUT, water rises to its own level. Think of the system with just the tank and hose. Fill the tank and the hose and water in the return line rises to the same level as that in the tank.

If you put the return line through the side of the tank, say 2 inches above the water level in the tank and put the pump at the top of the return line rather than the bottom you only need to lift the water 2 inches rather than 20, 30, or 300 feet. Use the pump to suck from the top of the water return line and into the tank and the tank, via gravity and air pressure, automatically replaces that portion that you are moving and in the process turns the impellers driving the generators in the tank outlet line.

We wouldn't want to create a vortex in the tank like a sink draining because we would end up sucking air into the system so the transfer rate would have to be controlled to prevent that or maybe some type of baffle system.

Edit: Added schematic
                Attached Files
                Last edited by thx1138; 08-08-2016, 03:46 PM.

Comment

One suggestion and a few of questions

Originally posted by Belangers View Post
                  The water has to be chlorinated to stop it from turning green and growing algae in the tank, and, it is a downfall since the pump's plastic housings get destroyed by the chlorination, crack from getting brittle, and need to be replaced every couple of years.
                  While researching materials for another project I ran into titanium dioxide which can be used to purify water. This might be more complicated than it is worth and I'm not sure what the effects would be on the plastic parts of the pumps but it might be worth looking into. All that is needed is titanium dioxide and UV light which can be had from the sun or an artificial source. Interestingly, the titanium dioxide is not consumed in the process of purifying the water so there is no need for continual replacement. The following link explains it better than I can:
                  Virgin Breeze VI FAQ - Mold Mildew Odor Removal Virgin Islands | Virgin Breeze VI | Caribbean

I'm interested in building one of these systems so have some questions.

Would you share the specifics about the pump/motor and specifically the part #'s and sources and how you rewire the pump to be a generator?

How many RPM do you get at your generators? I'm wondering if the RPM would be sufficient to drive automotive water pumps attached to automotive alternators or driving the alternators with a belt to step up the RPM.

I have an inoperable windmill on my rural property that was damaged by high winds. I'm thinking about using the 24' tower to support a tank for this project. Is 24' enough head to be useful? How far apart are your generators, i.e. how long are the hoses between them?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Belangers View Post
                    Extracting electricity from a domestic water system is a massive waste of time, but, there is one way to generate and gain electrical power by tanking the water. Water generates electrical current based upon the "head" or weight above the level of the generation system, water wheel, or whatever we use to generate power. I have developed a way to successfully generate electricity for a very nice electrical system that has enough current to work with solar and wind power so entire farms, homes, and businesses can be powered inexpensively for decades without much maintenance if done right and for less than $4k to $5k maximum.

Here is the beneficial method I have come up with and have literally constructed, little by little over the years as a bet by a friend of mine, as he said that it's impossible towork, while it worked and worked very well, and, I made $2500 cash for my bet since I knew it would work based upon an experiment i did at an earlier date with a 55 gallon drum filled with water raised up 20' in the air..

On the old farm I lived on, we had a 3000 gallon water tower for irrigation that was installed on the top of the ridge. The pipes running down from the ridge had several hundred feet of head "lift" to it and here is where my thought came into play. Regardless if I had a full tank and I put a generation system at the top of the pipe (on the bottom of the tank) , I would have the same water pressure, minus the water weight from the content of the pipe itself.

So, if I added one generator just below the tank, I would have the same net result in power, just the same as if I installed one at the very bottom. Well, I found that the water would generate just short of what was necessary to pump the water back up into the tank and I put two backward dc magnet motor electric pumps inline with each other to generate the electricity to pump the water back up into the tank, but, it was installed backwards, so the flow of the water and the massive pressure forced the impeller to spin with incredible speed, generating electrical energy. The first pump was feeding the next pump, creating enough electricity to pump the water back into the tank. I decided to get more pumps and install them inline, between the others, and, the water pressure remained the same at each position, all the way through the system. After all 30 of the pumps were installed, I installed a valve to regulate the pressure and found that a garden hose with enough pressure to get it just short of bursting was perfect to operate the pumps as generators to maintain the 120-150 watts each that they ranged between while spinning from the water pressure.

Each pump generates approximately the same amount of power between 120 and 150 watts of power at 120-130 volts ac under load, charging the batteries constantly with a total charge capability of 4050 watts rms without running the batteries down. With no electrical load on them, the generators produce 220 volts at full speed (6500) , but, with a load on them, they are capable of only 120 volts at 1-1.25 amps which is between 120 and 150 watts . I took the 120 watts per unit and rectified them to make dc voltage , then connected them through solar charge controllers and they charged several deep cycle marine batteries to later be inverted for larger load capability without ever losing electrical power, except for the time the ground got struck by lightning and the charge controllers were fried. Lightning rods cured that, but, the system generated more power than my wind and solar systems and is still operational to this day. I actually make a pretty substantial profit when i am asked to replace bad pump motors because nobody has a clue what I used to make this all work since they were small specialty pumps for appliances which were modified to operate as necessary and they save tons of money since the home and farm are completely off the grid being that I used wind and solar for many years previously. I installed a complete off grid electrical system years ago that uses a combination of water power, wind power, and solar power for less than $4k.

The tank system works like this. The tank is full to a level approximately 2 feet from the top. It gathered rain for years, so, when it was full, we painted the tank and tower white, added a natural antifreeze to eliminate freezing in the winter, as well, we covered and vented the top of the tank with riveted and sealed aluminum plates to eliminate massive evaporation and debris from getting in. The water has to be chlorinated to stop it from turning green and growing algae in the tank, and, it is a downfall since the pump's plastic housings get destroyed by the chlorination, crack from getting brittle, and need to be replaced every couple of years. Thankfully these pumps are very commonly used for household appliances and can cost as little as $22 each, but, otherwise the water would get really bad and if it leaked without chlorine in the water, it would probably bring disease to the farm below. The most expensive part of the project was to add Peak antifreeze to eliminate frosting of the water which would destroy the pumps, pipes, and hoses,

Anyway, the farm has a different irrigation tank now since the old aluminum tank had many holes in it from hunters taking shots at it over the years, but, I patched it so it would hold water again safely. Anyway, I took several hundred feet of service hose (heavy duty black garden hose for HVAC service and ran each hose in and out of each pump,
                    back out of the pumps other port and into another hose. There were so many sections of hose from the vast distance that I was able to install one pump in series at each intersection. Once we got to the bottom of the run, we connected more hose back up the hill , all the way up to the water level on the tank. The hose was secured ( tied off so it didn't fall back down the hill from the water weight), then, I opened the valve and the water pushed it's way down the hill and all the way back to the level of the water on the tank at the top of the hill, all by itself. We manually added/pumped new water into the tank to raise it higher than the pump on the end of the hose, to help the pump flow with ease and put a discharge hose from the pump (which was installed at the water level of the tank) into the tank. We energized the last pump from the small inverter off of the batteries which were precharged and started to pump the water in, and the system started generating the electricity flawlessly. It used the normal amount of power the pump was rated for without additional load. The water now started to draw from the tank and spun every pump inline backward, generating the voltages stated above. Now, if I used much larger pipe and had the money to use larger pumps and turbines per location, we would have a lot of extra electricity. The flow is identical, all the way through the system, and, gravity is used to bring the water back to the water level of the tank so additional force in not necessary to pump it all the way back up the hill, there is only the need to pump the water from the top level of water in the hose back into the tank, the rest of the water flows back to the height of the water in the tank all by itself from gravity without any extra restriction.

Now, if I am able to generate power like this, other methods can be used to utilize gravity to do the same thing. I am quite confident I haven't used the best, most efficient and powerful method, but, it was cost effective and allows the farmhouse and the farm's irrigation pumps to operate from the system along with the wind units and the solar panels. All together, with all of the generation on the farm, there is clearly more than 11kW total and absolutely no necessity for grid power ever. I just wish I had an easier way of generation for larger sums of power without solar panels use at all since they get covered with snow in the winter and are deemed useless at night time. My system can be used with much larger pumps at a small loss due to the drag created by their backpressure, but, with enough head, the generators have no choice but to spin since the water weight is so much greater than the backpressure on the impellers and shafts.

If anybody has any questions, please reply to this message. I do not like skeptics, so, if you are trying to purposely make me look bad, don't bother even replying. I am only trying to help those of you who have farms and the ability to build this to eliminate a $400-$600 monthly electrical bill. The same system can be built with any sized water tank just as long as the hose or pipes are filled and the tank filled to the top. I found that 1200 gallon plastic water tanks work best and are cheap , easy to handle and hoist, etc.

My newest 1200 gallon system on my new property that I built is good for 6700 watts and I will be attempting to add more pumps once I get more money since I have another 22 feet of pipe left to add pumps as generators to give more output. I have a 120' tall incline in my back yard which is the source of the head for my generation system. My tank is at ground level at the top of the hill, and, I have a stream at the bottom flowing steadily with year round water. My intention is to build two tank systems to generate power as we are supposedly not allowed to build or add turbines, waterwheels, as our town won't allow permits to be pulled for the construction of a water generating system as they say the stream is federally protected, but, the government says it is not. The DEP says we could pump 49,999 gallons weekly from the stream for irrigation, and, water wheels as well as turbines can be installed just as long as my property is on both sides of the stream, which it is in 2 locations, so, I may build anyway to supplement my power needs. The Army Corps Of Engineers are in charge of the bodies of water and streams in our area since they have dammed the streams and rivers after the devastating flood of 55.

It's funny, we have a metals processing plant that is built on top of the stream, and, they need to draw and pump the water in to process the metals, so, I think the town is assisting them to collect heavy taxes, but, I am quite confident the DEP knows nothing about their use and pumping of the water from the stream.

The owner of the factory walks the stream periodically and destroys all of the property owner's pump systems that connect to the stream, and, I now know it is illegal for him to do as he loses money on failed metal processing if we stir up the sediment in the stream. Our town tax office warn us we will be arrested if we touch the water in the stream, but, I have received written permission from the CT DEP which allows me pumping from the river for irrigation of up to 49,999 gallons for myu garden and lawn if needed per week.

I have thought of tanking this weekly and selling it back to the factory as he destroyed my pump system. I'd like to file suit against him for the damage he created, but, I can kill his profits and make him pay rather than sue him. It'd be great to get $.50 cents a gallon for the water he relied heavily on. My property is 1/4 mile before his factory, so, why not?? He screwed with me, so, maybe it's time for me to get him back!

Marc
                    Hi I am wondering what pumps You used for Your generators and where do You get them. Thanks

Comment

Hi Marc.
                      I have a 250 gallon tote with a 2" valve on the bottom. Now to check elevation this weekend. Has anyone else tried this?

Comment

Impeded Free Fall based on the Viscosity of the Fluid Medium

Originally posted by thx1138 View Post
                        I don't think there is any freefall involved. From the top of the water in the tank to the exit on the return line the system is full of water so there is nowhere to freefall to.

BUT, water rises to its own level. Think of the system with just the tank and hose. Fill the tank and the hose and water in the return line rises to the same level as that in the tank.

If you put the return line through the side of the tank, say 2 inches above the water level in the tank and put the pump at the top of the return line rather than the bottom you only need to lift the water 2 inches rather than 20, 30, or 300 feet. Use the pump to suck from the top of the water return line and into the tank and the tank, via gravity and air pressure, automatically replaces that portion that you are moving and in the process turns the impellers driving the generators in the tank outlet line.

We wouldn't want to create a vortex in the tank like a sink draining because we would end up sucking air into the system so the transfer rate would have to be controlled to prevent that or maybe some type of baffle system.

Edit: Added schematic
                        It would have been free fall had the water molecules acted like orderly high speed traffic on the highway in which everyone tailgates one another yet drive like maniacs with no regard for anyone suddenly stopping!

These collisions of water molecules are going on all the time hiding the influence of gravity running this system. The effect of these collisions we call the viscosity of the fluid medium running through this system of hoses and pumps, etc.

This is a classic case of one energy system being run by another.

The water pressure can only reduce on its transit down the hill based on lack of efficiency to run this system.

But it's the gravity of the falling water which is being converted into useful electricity by the addition of pumps run backwards as generators.

Since the expendability of gravity seems ridiculous, more accurately it should be said that it is the momentum of this planet's multiple trajectories through space plus the integrity of its geometry (as compared to flying apart into planetary shrapnel) which is being spent to fund this system of Marc's.

That's the succinct version. A more verbose version follows on YouTube...
                        https://youtu.be/_Dg88m-3MDI
                        Last edited by Vinyasi; 05-18-2018, 04:42 AM. Reason: added a Wiki link

Comment

Leverage, gravity, capillary action and water's elasticity and cohesion ...

... contribute to running this system. It's water's elasticity plus its cohesiveness which functions like a massive spring loaded with potential energy and the most telling feature of all since it is these combined features that will make full use of gravity as the water sucks the molecules along due to the imbalance of water weight levied by the single pump lifting water a mere two feet to refill the tank. So, the water is not being pushed; it's being pulled; and not by the pump, but by gravity leveraging this sucking action as one side (the inlet side adjacent to the lone pump) of the plumbing becomes voided of two feet of water, the other (outlet) side supplies exactly two feet of water by capillary action drawing this out of the tank to refill the entire plumbing and rebalance (and recharge) this precariously balanced fluidic lever. It took an extra expenditure of electrical energy to fill the entire plumbing with water from the tank (which Marc says he refilled with more water to bring its water level back up to its original height which had existed prior to filling the plumbing). So, now the plumbing holds a significant volume of water - not just the tank, itself.

So, to recapitulate...
                          This fluidic lever becomes imbalanced when the singular pump at the inlet side hoists two feet of water up and over the lip of the tank, thus voiding two feet of volume and making the inlet side two feet of water lighter than the outlet side. This imbalance of weight affects the pressure. The pressure on the inlet side goes down causing water to rush into it from the rest of the plumbing to even out the pressure just like a spring will pull itself together when stretched out. But this also draws water out of the tank to raise the water pressure of the plumbing back up to its prior level and compresses the water at this outlet side just like a spring will want to pull itself together after being stretched out. And as this fluidic movement proceeds along, its massive weight makes possible the turning of various water-wheeled generators along the way sufficient enough to supply electricity to run the pump on the inlet side plus extra electrical energy for the farm. The more this water tank is raised above ground level (as measured from the bottom of the hill which this tank sits upon), the more volume of water resides in the plumbing, plus increased pressure, to insure the turning of more water-wheeled gizmos (such as electric pumps turned around backwards to act as generators of electricity).

To recapitulate, yet again...
                          The length of this analogous lever is independent of the fixed energy required to lift two feet of water up and over the lip of the tank on the inlet side. This lever-length is analogous to the height of the tank above the bottom of the hill upon which this tank sits at its top. This lever-length can be shortened or lengthened based on the height of the hill and the pressure in the plumbing resulting from several factors, such as: the diameter of the plumbing, the viscosity of the water, etc. It is this lever-length analogous concept which can accommodate a limit to how many pumps run backwards as generators it can operate from water pressure rebalancing itself along the entire length of the plumbing. More generators can be accommodated if the height of the tank is increased equivalent to a longer lever. Yet still, the singular pump at the inlet side is required to merely lift water two feet to keep this system running regardless of the height of the tank and its consequence: regardless of whatever massive water pressure has built up in the entire plumbing.

This describes at least two energy systems entwined, not one. The singular pump at the inlet side must get a fixed quantity of electrical energy from the battery bank to keep lifting two feet of water and return that volume of water to the tank. But the plumbing can accommodate a variable quantity of water acting under pressure to suck water along as it becomes imbalanced. This variable quantity of water pressure varies the quantity of generators which can be driven along its route. Gravity plus the elasticity and cohesiveness of a viscous medium results in capillary forces driving this fluidic lever as the result of the lift pump voiding two feet of water on the tank's inlet side (of this lever) making it lighter (in a sense, due to a drop in pressure on that side) necessitating movement of water based on its resident pressure built up when the plumbing was initially filled with water from the tank prior to startup.

The water in the plumbing gets pulled along, not pushed, by pressure changing along its route. Enthalpy acts upon this fluidic lever generating the vacuum which pulls the water along.

No significant weight gets dropped. In other words, if you were expecting or hoping for this to be a gravity driven motor analogy, you'll be disappointed, because that is a poor contribution to the running of this system. Rather, weight gets drawn out, and along, and then jams up against more water failing to move along due to a buildup of water creating a traffic jam of water pressure. In the midst of this massive pileup of water, capillary action is the only degree of freedom left remaining to this water held under compression. The only weight being "dropped" - for the most part - is the water already residing in the plumbing. It is more accurately described as being "sucked" due to a voidance creeping along, backwards, from its origin beneath the singular pump lifting a mere two feet of water volume at the tank's inlet side. This suckage is an attempt made upon the plumbing to refurnish its pressure -- along its entire route -- to prevoidance levels prior to the lift pump removing two feet of water volume. This constitutes an "evening out" of pressure along its entire route. This is enthalpy.

So, gravity created pressure when the plumbing was initially filled prior to turning this system ON. Yet, it is pressure and cohesion of an elastic medium, not gravity, which runs this system for the most part.

I say, "for the most part", due to gravity does play a minor role in recharging the plumbing with more water pressure upon its depletion made upon it by the lift pump voiding two feet of water volume. Gravity also played a role when the pluming was initially charged up with water pressure before the system was turned ON.

This cohesive pressure of an elastic medium is normally called: capillary action. So, capillary action drives the generators, not gravity alone.

Due to the second attached image which lends credence to define how this system works, this system could be renamed...

Enthalpic Tanked Water Lever

Comments and criticisms...
                          Mark Dansie
                          In the words of the Late Mark E "you can only drop a rock once". This is a no go.

Vinyasi
                          Half correct. This is a yes-go. Droppage only occurs to initially charge and repeatedly recharge the plumbing with pressure generated by gravity. But gravity does not drive this system. Capillary action drives it. The water is sucked along, not dropped, as it moves/rotates the generators along its route. This is due to a displacement drop in pressure when the singular pump lifts two feet of water volume up and over the lip of the tank to refill it. This capillary action is analogous to the tippage of a lever, yet weight is not tipping this conjectured lever as I had originally thought! It is enthalpy.

Chris Cashion
                          Water isn't a compressible fluid.

Vinyasi
                          As potential energy, water undergoing pressurization has an impact on everything immersed in it. Maybe it's just as well that it is not kinetically compressible. Thereby, the pressure will have to be passed along to something else which is more amenable to movement, such as: a string of impellers driving backwards-oriented water pumps acting as generators. They'll move even if water's lack of compressibility won't.

So, if water is not compressible, then what explains how trees of dozens of feet in height can raise water up from below ground level to the uppermost fronds growing out of their tops? Does this not exhibit water's elasticity along with water's cohesion? Effectively analogous to a spring of massive weight?

A few references...
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enthalpy
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navier...pressible_flow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_...haracteristics

Fluid power systems can produce high power and high forces in small volumes, compared with electrically-driven systems.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Vinyasi; 06-26-2018, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Hi Vinyasi!
                            Working by capillarity... interesting concept!
                            I like the idea
                            Have you try it and if so, are you welling to tell your results?
                            Thank’s!

Comment

I always tell my resuts 'cuz it wouldn't be worthwhile for me to try it out if I ....

Originally posted by Wistiti View Post
                              Hi Vinyasi!
                              Working by capillarity... interesting concept!
                              I like the idea
                              Have you try it and if so, are you welling to tell your results?
                              Thank’s!
                              ...kept my data to myself. But first, I like to assure myself that I know what I'm getting myself involved with. So, I had better understand this thoroughly enough to convince anyone else of its obviousness - which isn't so easy.

I don't own land. Maybe sometime in the future, this could be an interesting experiment such as what Marc suggests: a mere 55 gallon drum raised to a height of twenty feet to start out with. And to keep it cheap using motors taken from out of appliances so as not to invest too much into this.

Comment

Working...
                              X