Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Filtration

Hi,
    any suggestions for really good water filtration?
    I am mainly concerned about fluoride. I don't want to buy bottled water for environmental reasons.
    I read that Reverse Osmosis is the best option for this, but would appreciate any first hand info.

Thanks!

Water filtration.

Originally posted by maggieb View Post
    Hi,
    any suggestions for really good water filtration?
    I am mainly concerned about fluoride. I don't want to buy bottled water for environmental reasons.
    I read that Reverse Osmosis is the best option for this, but would appreciate any first hand info.

Thanks!
    The best I have found is distillation with glass :-)

Yes this is not a method of filtration, but it seems to be the best way to most of the chemicals of the mix that can harm our bodies.

I currently use a system called a Berkey light.

Berkey Light Water Filtration System - Plus Model with LED Lights in Base

It has an additional filter for flouride. I really wanted to get distilled water myself, and then add back minerals that are organic ( made from goat's milk ) but the cost is prohibitive.

The advantage of the berkey, it does let minerals though. It has been used by missionaries in other countries to prevent the disease that is found there because of poor sanitation.

After the water is filtered, I will often add baking soda about 1 teaspoon per half gallon to help balance my bodies PH. I had in times past used a machine to make the alkaline water, but I found this too much work, and I got the same results by just adding baking soda.

But if you have pathagens in your water I would highly recommend Ozone treatment.

Filtration does not get everything, and there are pass thru filters ( very small organisms )

"---------------------------------

"Then they were examined under the Rife microscope where the filterable virus form of typhoid bacillus, emitting a blue spectrum colour, caused the plane of polarization to be deviated 4.8 degrees plus. When the opposite angle of refraction was obtained by means of adjusting the polarizing prisms to minus 4.8 degrees and the cultures of viruses were illuminated by the monochromatic beams coordinated with the chemical con*stituents of the typhoid bacillus, small, oval, actively motile, bright turquoise-blue bodies were observed at 5,000X magnification, in high contrast to the colorless and motionless debris of the medium. These tests were repeated 18 times to verify the results."
    -----------------"

ROYAL RAYMOND RIFE & THE CANCER CURE THAT WORKED! by Barry Lynes

For this I suggest either building a strong immune system or using ozone after you have filtered.

Again distilled is the best I have found, but you need to get the minerals back to the water.

( I hope I don't get shot for answering this subject in renewable energy area, but I loved this subject )

Mart
    See my experiments here...
    http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Good but....

Hey Maggie,
      Reverse Osmosis is good but maybe too good. It takes everything out, including important minerals. Minerals have value to me since they act as co-factors allowing vitamins to work. I'm using a basic Britta pitcher filter now since I'm currently living in an apartment. I'll look into systems more thoroughly later when I buy a house. But I'm interested in what people are doing for water also - good question, thanks!
      With AMEGA You can change your life in minutes...

Hear how here: Live the Energized Life

Comment

Hey Maggie,

Until you decide what you are going to do, you can pick up some kelp supplements.

Kelp contains natural iodine which flushes fluoride.

I take kelp every day and seem to notice in how I feel when I forget to take it

Jessica
        Keep your mind on the aether www.PathsToSucceed.com

Comment

http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/Liodine2. htm

Dr. David Brownstein says that fluoride inhibits the ability of the
          thyroid gland to concentrate iodine and research has shown that
          fluoride is much more toxic to the body when there is iodine
          deficiency present. When iodine is supplemented the excretion rate of
          the toxic halides bromide, fluoride and perchlorate is greatly
          enhanced. Brownstein says that after only one dose of iodine the
          excretion of fluoride increased by 78% and this is very important for
          those who are drinking fluoridated water or are taking medicines with
          fluoride in them; bromide excretion rates increased by 50%. Our
          environment is loaded with the toxic halides bromine and fluorine and
          up to now we have had no way to detoxify the body of these thyroid
          poisons.

Also consider : http://vitamincfoundation.org/videos/#BROWNSTE IN

Inexpensive Oral Iodine (Trophic Brand is cheap and good) can be found
          at most health food stores.

Comment

Lemme try those links again:

AFH LIBRARY - Iodine and Chelation

The Vitamin C Foundation Videos Clips

Comment

water filters

Hi Maggie, this is what I ordered for my new house and it should be here by Thursday:

Vitasalus/Equinox Products - High-Quality Water Filter, Filtration & Treatment Systems

I used to sell these water filtration systems years ago. There is another thread here somewhere about water filtration.

Vitasalus/Equinox Products PureMaster V-750 Premium Whole House Water Filtration System
              I used to sell the EQ300 when they were available and the v750 is superior. Will easily last 10-15 years, no back flushing needed and makes really, really pure water.

Equinox EQ-10 Undercounter (or Under Counter, Under Sink) Water Filter
              I also ordered this under counter model to clean the water from the filter to the kitchen sink...just to polish it off from what it touches in the pipes.

Vitasalus/Equinox Products EQ-40 Shower Water Filtration System (or Shower Water Filter)
              and the Shower filter with the deluxe shower head.

I'd stay away from distillers unless you add minerals back to it like liquid ionic minerals (concentrated sea minerals) and reverse osmosis does really take out too much and you need to add minerals back to that too.

This company does have a fluoride filter:
              FluorideMaster Whole House Fluoride Water Filtration System
              This might be all you need but would be a good idea to have the water go through this first and then into some other filter to really clean it up.

There aren't too many filters on the market that take out fluoride and this one does it 99.9%.

If you do get a whole home system, you'll extend the life of your washer and water tanks. You'll be able to use less soap to do the same cleaning, clothes last longer, etc... so many benefits.
              Sincerely,
              Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
              Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
              RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Thanks all for the awesome amount of information.

I am astounded by the quality of information on this ESM site. I have benefited greatly, and don't always express it. My life has taken an incredible turn in the last three years and Paths (as well as some of the postings on ESM) has been a big factor in the acceleration of my journey. I feel very lucky.

We are moving to a new home soon - I plan on looking at the house water filtration system for the new place. (I hear that it is really good to get fluoride out of the shower too!) In the meantime, I would like to find a temporary solution. I had a treatment on a qxci/scio yesterday and I was getting big indicators for fluoride.I will dig through this.

Thanks again!

Comment

hmmm.... Fluoride - Aaron??

Hey Maggie,
                  I was checking and the Britta or PUR water pitcher filter deals don't take out Fluoride.
                  I was cliking away and it said that only reverse-osmosis removes fluoride. Of course I'm not saying that's gospel but....... AARON?!?! help on this one! What's the dealio???? Any easy fluoride removal solutions?

Thanks,
                  Doug
                  With AMEGA You can change your life in minutes...

Hear how here: Live the Energized Life

Comment

Originally posted by future pather View Post
                    Hey Maggie,

Until you decide what you are going to do, you can pick up some kelp supplements.

Kelp contains natural iodine which flushes fluoride.

I take kelp every day and seem to notice in how I feel when I forget to take it

Jessica
                    No Doug, sorry those don't take out fluoride. My suggestion for something easy is above.

Comment

Fluoride Master

Hi Doug,

This can take out fluoride:
                      FluorideMaster Whole House Fluoride Water Filtration System

The FluorideMaster™ Whole House Fluoride Water Filtration System is an effective chemical-free technology exclusively available Factory-Direct through Vitasalus/Equinox Products. Our highly-specialized FluorideMaster™ system utilizes premium-grade FluorideMaster™ media and is designed to remove up to 99.9% fluoride, sediment and/or particulate matter from all of the water entering your home for approx. 3 years or 300,000 gallons.

The FluorideMaster™ is shipped Pre-Assembled (tank comes pre-loaded with high-grade media) and Ready-To-Install which greatly simplifies the installation process and significantly reduces installation time and cost.

We also provide our industry-leading, 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed Warranty including: 3-Year prorated warranty; plus a 1-Year Defect-free warranty on materials and workmanship.

Without a doubt, the FluorideMaster™ is the highest quality and most affordable whole house fluoride water filtration system available anywhere in the world!

Features and Benefits:
                      • FluorideMaster™ Whole House Water Filtration System utilizes premium-grade FluorideMaster™ media and is designed to remove up to 99.9% fluoride, sediment and/or particulate matter from all of the water entering your home for approx. 3 years or 300,000 gallons. • Shipped Pre-Assembled (tank comes pre-loaded with special media) and Ready-To-Install which greatly simplifies the installation process and significantly reduces installation time and cost. • No chemicals, electricity, drain-line or media regeneration required. • No maintenance required on the main system—only 0.35-micron prefilters need be replaced approx. every 6 months to extend the life of the system and insure optimal system performance. • Rust proof wound fiberglass polyethylene tanks feature 125psi operating pressure. • Includes our industry-leading, 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed Warranty including: 3-Year prorated warranty; plus a 1-Year Defect-free warranty on materials and workmanship.
                      How does the FluorideMaster system work?
                      The FluorideMaster™ Whole House Water Filtration System, completely loaded with our premium-grade, high-performing FluorideMaster™ media, is designed to remove up to 99.9% fluoride, sediment and/or particulate matter from all of the water entering your home for approx. 3 years or 300,000 gallons.

STAGE 1: The 0.35-micron prefilter, housed in a clear canister for easy visual inspection, is a replaceable cartridge that mechanically filters down to 0.35-microns. This important first stage filters the undesirable sediment or particulate that may be present in the water supply so that it doesn't clog the main filter and reduce water flow and/or filter life. Also filters out copepods and cysts which may be present in your water supply.

STAGE 2:
                      The water supply passes through over 30 pounds of our premium-grade, high-performing FluorideMaster™ media which is designed to completely remove or significantly reduce all of the fluoride common to city/municipally treated water.

I'd call these people at their toll free #, they have great customer service.
                      Ask how their filter takes out the fluoride when most "filters" do not.

Vitasalus, Inc./Equinox Products, LLC
                      1301 Rankin
                      Troy, Michigan 48083 U.S.A.
                      (Toll Free) 1-877-284-5042
                      (Outside USA) 248-585-8815
                      (Fax) 248-583-6950
                      Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-7pm (Eastern Time)
                      Sat, Noon-5pm (Eastern Time)
                      Sincerely,
                      Aaron Murakami

Comment

i think taking out Fluoride can be solved with simple chemistry.

I assume that fluoride is present in the form of the F- ion,
                        then according to the table in my chemistry book, it should react with the Mg2+ ion and become a solid substance(undissolvable)
                        in the form of the molecule MgF2 Magnesiumfluoride

So what you will have to find is a water-disolvable magnesium-salt.

As a disclaimer:
                        wach out you dont pour in a substance that is more dangerous than the fluoride you are trying to get rid of in the first place :P

Comment

sodium fluoride

Jan, the fluoride added to water is most likely the sodium-fluoride, a hazardous waste product.

There is nothing wrong with naturally occurring fluoride or calcium-fluoride.
                          Sincerely,
                          Aaron Murakami

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                            Jan, the fluoride added to water is most likely the sodium-fluoride, a hazardous waste product.

There is nothing wrong with naturally occurring fluoride or calcium-fluoride.
                            well if the stuff you want to get out is the sodium fluoride, then my story still goes. because NaF dissolves in water, wich means they break up in Na+ and F- ions. So for example MgCl2 could solidify the fluoride.

Na+(aq) + F-(aq) + Mg2+(aq) + Cl-(aq) ---> MgF2(s) + Na+(aq) + Cl- (aq)

Comment

I was wondering if you can use magnets to filter water? I remember reading something about this on the web, and it had apparently a patent on it, I think. I saw a diagram for it and it seem like it could actually work, and if it could work then we wouldn't have to replace the filter every time. Plus I heard that it would be better cause it would do a better job filtering out impurities. Has anyone heard of something like this? Or has replicated this approach?

Comment

Working...
                              X