Ho'oponopono - Clearing the Blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ho'oponopono - Clearing the Blocks

Ho’oponopono is an ancient Hawaiian problem-solving process, that I've found has worked miracles for me over the last few months! It works for any "don't wants" - and it's definitely worth doing to clear patterns and blocks that may be causing you to unconsciously block the things you want.

Here are the basics of it:

* Everything we experience is either Inspiration, or Memories replaying.

* Inspiration can only be created from "zero" - in other words, on a "clean slate" - where there are no old memories (patterns/programs) replaying. So, someone who has no memories replaying in an area - like for example, relationships, will be creating relationships from Inspiration = Happy. But they may have memories (patterns) replaying regarding finances, and that will play out as a variety of "problems" regarding money.

* The memories could be our own, or they could even go back to previous generations - the information carried in our genetic (and energetic) inheritance. Luckily we don't need to know what the memories are or where they come from. The Ho'oponopono process cleans the memories Automatically.

The process I've understood from the article "Who's in Charge", and which has been working for me is as follows:

* Sit quietly with your eyes closed, and hold the feeeeeling of the situation - the "problem".
    * Remind yourself that this problem or issue is only the result of old memories/patterns replaying.
    * Then direct your intentions at *whatever* memories are *behind* that pattern - I see it as someone wearing a mask. The mask is the situation.
    The memories are wearing that mask. So you can look at the mask and still speak to the person behind it without knowing who they are or what they look like.

The idea is that you are going to clear the MEMORIES behind the mask - not the mask itself. Once you clear the memories, the mask - and all other masks those particular memories were wearing - will go with them. I hope that makes sense?

So, while holding the feeling and idea of the situation, direct your intention at whatever the memories may be, that are behind this pattern.

* Then say (addressing this to the Devine/ Higher Self/ God/ Universe - whatever higher power makes sense to you): "Please take the memories that are replaying in this scenario, and transmute them .... to zero."

* Then, direct this next bit at the memories themselves: "I'm sorry, Please forgive me, I forgive you, Thank you, I love you."
    Repeat this over and over again - directing it at the memories that are causing this "problem", until you feel a shift.

If the feeling or situation comes back later, do it again. If your mind wanders (as mine often does ) just keep bringing it back to focus on the memories behind the situation and keep saying those words - and feeeling the feeeeling that comes with them. Once you've managed to say and feel the words about three or four times, while focusing on the memories, you may feel it's clear. That's how it works for me anyway. I believe everyone is different, so of course, go with whatever feels good for you

Here's the effect I've found behind the above words:

"I'm sorry, Please forgive me" - clarifies and acknowledges that I created the memories - it is under my own instruction that they've been running - which frees me to free them

"I forgive you." - again a freeing energy - forgiving is releasing - letting something go.

"Thank you, I love you." - implying: "you've done your job, thanks very much and now you're free to go, with love." The thank you is like ending the contract and the "I love you." is like sending the memories happily on their way to be transmuted.

Very Importantly: When relating this process to a relationship, you're not saying these things to the other person, you are saying them to the old patterns in you that are causing the situation. You are clearing these blocks.

Whatever the situation or problem you are trying to clear - you're always speaking to the source of the problem - the old program/ memories that are replaying.

It's like you've hired a painter to paint a room brown, but now you've realised you hate the brown, and you want him to stop painting it brown - you want to hire another painter to paint it pink.

But you know it's not the painter's fault - he's just doing as you instructed him to do. So you're saying to him "I'm sorry" (for asking you to paint the room brown - it was the wrong colour for me - my mistake), "Please forgive me" (for asking you to paint it brown), "I forgive you" (for painting it brown because I know it's not your fault, you were just following my instructions), "Thank you" (for doing your job and doing as I asked), "I love you" (reassuring - no hard feelings, I love you and you're now free to go, in love)

And so you are sending the old pattern causing the issue, on its way.

They say not to *expect* a result. And I think that's so that you can aim the process at the memories behind the situation - which means the result will take care of itself; whereas if you're expecting the result, you're not cleaning properly because your focus is on the issue itself - you're only clearing the mask.

I hope this makes sense and that it helps.

Love and Light and Magic xxx
    Reprogram Your Subconscious to Achieve Conscious Goals. Now you can try PATHS for Free!
    Please pop in to my new: Law of Attraction Tools Blog - It would be Wonderful to see you there!
    Free Trial - Bob Proctor Coaching Program

thanks!

Wow, great post.........and the explanation really helped me get this on a whole new level! I've used the process before......but not the way you've explained! I had very little success with it, and put it back in my bag of tools. I placed my focus on the "individual" rather than the memories or patterns behind the problem. So a big part of me was resenting saying the words (in my head) to my spouse or whomever had triggered the pattern of whatever........obviously focusing the attention on the pattern/memory is WAY easier to do, and helps one to see it for what it really is!

thanks for the great clarification!!
    xxoo
    Debbie

Comment

Hi Debbie

You're very welcome!!
      I also used to say the process to the actual issue or person, and sometimes it would raise my vibration and feel better, but it didn't seem to actually change the situation. I'm so glad the explaination's helped you. Let me know how it goes.

Reprogram Your Subconscious to Achieve Conscious Goals. Now you can try PATHS for Free!
      Please pop in to my new: Law of Attraction Tools Blog - It would be Wonderful to see you there!

Comment

Some more Ho'oponopono

Illusions,
        Thanks for your overview of Ho'oponopono, I always like the extra clarity & different slant that you offer in your posts.

Debbie, if you haven't already discovered them there are a couple of other threads with information about Ho'oponopono on the forum which you might like to read through here

and this is all about the fabulous HO'Oponopono Paths module which I highly recommend.

Love, Light & Blessings,
        Sharyn
        Last edited by Sharyn; 03-14-2008, 07:39 AM. Reason: Broken link
        Theta Healing
        Paths 2 Potential

"We are the one's we've been waiting for"

Comment

Thanks Sharyn
          Yes, as I've said before, before I started using the Ho'oponopono Paths module, I couldn't really grasp the process at all, and I certainly wasn't getting consistant results from it. After I started using the module, it suddenly all began to make perfect sense lol. And I get great results now.

Love and Light and Happy'ponopono xxx

Comment

The POWER in the Feelings!

This morning I received a question from someone who felt that "I'm not getting anywhere with the Ho'oponopono process". She said she didn't feel anything during the process.

If you're also finding "nothing's happening" here are couple of things you can check...

1. Plug into the Socket
            When you ask God/Devine Power/Your Higher Self/Your Subconscious to transmute the memories to zero, make sure you aren't pleading. If you have a needy, desperate or entreating feeling, you will of course be attracting and creating more of the same. It needs to have a power behind it. It needs to be an instruction. Think of your request as being combined with a "willing it to happen" feeling. It is decisive and strong. If you are wishing/pleading/begging/longing or any other feeling that implies coming from lack and asking for someone or something else's generosity, you are in a weak vibration. You are trying to push the plug into the socket, but you're missing it because you keep wavering. Push that plug into the socket with determination and a decisive energy.

2. Make Sure Your Aim is On Target
            Make sure that you are aiming the process at the memories behind the situation. Imagine you're at a Masked Ball, and a complete stranger approaches you, wearing a mask that looks like a pigeon. You know you're not speaking to a real pigeon, and you'd feel pretty silly speaking to the pigeon itself. You would speak to the person wearing the pigeon - and you can still speak to the man behind it even though you don't know what he looks like.

3. Make Sure the POWER is Turned On
            With the phrases you're directing at the memories/programs, try slowing down a little to begin with. When I first started doing this, I paused after each sentence to feeeel the feeling behind it. After a while of using the process, the feelings come automatically, and now I can speed through the words, and the feelings come up on their own.

So, say, slowly: "I'm sorry" - and imagine the memories you're speaking to are little children that you'd told to make a blue painting for you, and now you've realised that you can't put the blue painting in your new office. Conjour up that feeeeling when you say "I'm sorry" and when you say "Please forgive me." See those faces looking up at you.

Once you've managed to conjour up that feeling with those words, your body will remember it, and you will be able to access it easier and easier each time you do it. It should bring up a physical feeling in your chest or solar-plexes area, that almost feels like your heart is expanding - that, I understand, is your heart chakra opening. It may take a little practice, but it's worth it - there is enormous power in that feeling.

Then move on to "I forgive you" - imagine those children are now feeling very guilty for the blue painting - they feel bad because they wanted to help. And now you can't use it. They think they did something wrong. So you are reassuring them - you don't hold them responsible. No. 1, they're only children, and No. 2, they were only doing as they were told. Of course you forgive them, bless their socks. Again, this feeling follows on from the previous one and is expansive like that one. Compassion.

Then on to: "Thank you" - You want to let those little children know that you really appreciate the time and effort and love they put into that blue painting. They worked hard at it, and bless them, they put everything into it. So, even though you can't use it, you're thanking them so very much for their hard work, attention and commitment.

And finally "I Love You." Well, by now, you should be feeling almost overwhelmed with emotion - just how much do you love those little children! Tell them. You're reassuring them that you Love them - and by now you really feel it - and now they can go home to their parents feeling good about themselves because even though you couldn't use their painting, you've made it infinitely clear just how much you love and appreciate them. There is no need for them to hang around to try and convince you to use the painting because they have your love, gratitude and reassurance. And that's all they were really looking for.

Using the image of children can be very very useful. It should create the exact feeling in you, that contains the Power in this process.

I hope it helps. Let me know.

Love and Light and Magic xx
            Last edited by illusions; 03-19-2008, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Thanks for this explanation...It really helps with this module. I have flashbacks of painful situations and I now know how to deal with them. How would one apply these techniques to people that do not want to work things out with you: they avoid you and try to discredit you. In this case would you apply the Healing words to the situations that are not that tangible or to the person?
              Thanks very much,
              Earth
              www.paths4vitallife.com

Comment

Hi Dayna

When someone doesn't want to work something out with you, as you mention, that situation - the fact that they don't want to work something out with you, the fact that they avoid you and try to discredit you - is the mask. It is not the cause, it is the symptom. It is the result of memories/patterns/programs in you, replaying.

You don't know what those memories/patterns/programs are, and luckily, you don't need to know. So, during the process, look at the situation (feel the feeeling of that person not wanting to work something out with you - feel the atmosphere of it), and know that there are memories/patterns/programs inside yourself that are replaying themselves on auto - and the result is this illusion of this person not wanting to work this out with you.

Then direct the Ho'oponopono process to whatever it is that's behind this illusion - just as you would speak to someone wearing a mask.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more queries.

Comment

I agree that Ho `oponopono is a very powerful process. For me it is the one that I have singled out as "The Way" for me. My family and I have been practicing it for sometime now and find it total perfection and very effective.
                  I will add here that I am not an expert on Ho `oponopono The Foundation of I and their staff are fully experts on the subject.
                  I have had some conference classes with Dr Ihaleakakala Hew Len Ph.D Chairman Emeritus and Mabel Katz one of his approved trainers and have many of their CD series. I am in process of scheduling to take the courses through the Foundation this year, most likely after I move back to Hawaii. Also, I have been told once you have completed the course through the Foundation, you must sign an affidavit that you will not teach
                  Ho `oponopono unless you are approved to do so by the Foundation.
                  Dr Hew Len always says There is No Out There.. Out There...Everything that happens is within us and everything that comes within our consciousness is ours...not anyone else or anything else, just ours. We all, as Dr Hew Lens says are 100% responsible for everything in our world!!!

As an example if you meet up with someone that you perceive doesn't like you...it is not them...it is you and it is in you and belongs to you alone.
                  So, now you need to clean yourself, by first forgiving yourself, then thanking your self for giving you the opportunity to clean this problem and then next loving your sweet self and your creator.... That is all you need to do
                  It is a very simple and sweet process that is very loving to self, which your Real self is the divine spark of our Creator or Zero Space.

Ho `oponopono means to make right. In the ancient Hawaiian beliefs, this was done within a group and usually the Kahuna or a family member was the third neutral party.

Self Identity through Ho’oponopono is a Hawaiian problem solving process to release memories that show up as problems in our everyday lives.

When we are willing to take responsibility and let go, what is right and perfect unfolds.

The Ho’oponopono process provides “a step by step approach to achieving Peace, Balance and a new meaning of life through an understanding of one’s Self-I-dentity.”

Founded by Kahuna Lapa au, Morrnah Nalamaku Simeona, The Foundation of I, Inc. Freedom of the Cosmos is a non-profit corporation that conducts Self Identity through Ho’oponopono classes in the USA, Canada, Europe and Asia.

The above words are on the front page of the Foundation of I

Below is one of the many articles written by Dr. Hew Len this one explains at least to me, the process of Ho oponopono very clearly and simply.

A HOUSE DIVIDED

By Ihaleakala Hew Len, Ph.D.

A house divided against itself cannot stand. This is true for nations, communities, organizations and families, as well as for individuals. In the House of Humanity, the individual is the common denominator. When the individual is divided, the house is divided.

In the game of tennis, the scoring system is Love, 15, 30, 40, game. The game begins with Love. In the etymology of the word, Love is no score, no stakes, nothing, to take the individual back to Love to nothing, to wholeness.

The process achieves this by voiding anger, fear, blame, resentment and thinking from poisonous thoughts, toxic energies that divide the mind, the house of the individual, causing it to fall to dis-Harmony and dis-ease.

The purpose of life is to be restored back to Love , moment to moment. To fulfill this purpose, the individual must acknowledge that he is 100% responsible for creating his life the way it is. He must come to see that it is his thoughts of that create his life the way it is moment to moment. The problems are not people, places and situations but rather the thoughts of them. He must come to appreciate that there is no such thing as "out there". People, places and situations exist only as his thoughts of.

A problem is a replayed toxic memory, what Shakespeare writes as a "fore-moaned moan". A replayed toxic memory again divides the mind against its self, against Love. The Updated Hooponopono, a process of repentance, forgiveness and transmutations, is a petition to Love to void and replace toxic energies with its self. Love accomplishes this by flowing through the Mind, beginning with the Spiritual Mind, the Super Conscious. It then continues its flow through the intellectual Mind, the Conscious Mind, freeing it of thinking energies. Finally, it moves into the Emotional Mind, the Subconscious, voiding thoughts of toxic emotions and filling them with its self.

Here is a thought cleansing tool that anyone can apply to void toxic energies from his or her thoughts.

Mentally think: "I turn the Light Switch on my thoughts of me and my family, relatives and ancestors." There is no limit to the number of times that this tool can be used. The tool is a petition to Love to clear toxic thoughts of yourself and of your family, relatives and ancestors that divide your Mind, your house.

The purpose of life does not change with the coming of a new millennium! It will always remain the same: to be restored back to Love moment to moment. The fulfilling of this purpose requires absolute individual responsibility. It requires an appreciation of the real problems that divide the individual first, then everything else second. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

The Foundation of I, Inc. (Freedom of the Cosmos) is a non-profit, tax exempt corporation. The Foundation accepts momentary contributions as well as gifts of charitable gift annuities, real estate stocks , bonds and other tangible assets. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowable under the U. S. Tax Code. * The Foundation can assist with Charitable Remainder Trusts, Gift Annuities, and others.
                  Copyright © 2006 The Foundation of I, Inc. Freedom of the Cosmos

Blessings with Aloha Keoi
                  http://www.i-mindtransformations.com
                  <a href="http://www.createspace.com/3333262" target="blank">Secrets of The Psychic State</a>
                  Keys To Awakening Your Inner Psychic

Comment

hurt feelings

Hello, I have a question regarding ho'oponopono.

Recently, I was having a pretty rough time, and I unjustly lashed out and offended a friend. It was pretty drawn out.

Now that my depression is clearing I see that I don't feel those critical feelings at all.

While she forgave me, I was so un-graceful in the process she has severed ties with me.

Can I use ho'oponopono to repair our friendship?

Comment

Hi ResonantD!

While you cannot rely on the Ho'Oponopono to necessarily heal the friendship, you can use it to heal yourself, which in turn may help the relationship.

The Ho'Oponopono PATH will help you with the process. Here is a link with more info:

http://www.energeticforum.com/paths/...iscussion.html

Happiness & Health,

PATHS, S.A. Staff

PATHS

Comment

Hi. Is somebody using the hooponopono paths now?
                        I just started, this is quite new in my world and i am a little skeptical about it, but on this forum people seem to love paths so i'm in to see whats up (:

I want to learn hooponopono and use it all the time, thats the main reason i'm here. I would like to hear from someone who has experience with the hooponopono paths.

//Rider (:

Comment

a series of nudges brought me to this site and this exact explanation I needed!...I have been doing a version of this and had been getting "mixed" results but how you went into certain details were the missing pieces to the puzzle I needed to continue full force with my releasing practices!...thank you so much for posting!

Comment

Working...
                          X