Chubinidze coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chubinidze coil

I've built this setup but no result yet.
    Don't know if resonator is wound on ferrite or not.

Гость УСТАНОВКА - YouTube

Here is a well described diagram including mechanical dimensions.
    One thing I would alter:
    Adding a variable capacitor to the primary coil for adjusting the resonance frequency to the 1/4 wave resonance frequency of the thin wire coil an driving the primary by an spark gap like shown in the 2nd attachment.
    Source:
    Форум странников :: Тема: Неизвестного человека установка, вроде Се генератор (1/3)
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi EMCSQ thanks for response. I tried my setup with a ZVS driver and now I'm using a simple one transistor driver. Someone told me to adjust the SG for right frequency.
      Could not see vid.
      First scheme is showing a sort of driver circuit that I think can be any driver.
      Coil winding is interesting.
      Regarding fel 20000 scheme what should be the third coil winding to the load?
      Last edited by Guruji; 07-18-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Hi Guruji,

in 20000000.pdf (Author) there is no spark gap. He is using a function generator which he tunes to the 1/4wave frequency of the thin long coil.
        Look at the diagram частота = frequency.
        With this 1mF 400V cap in series with the primary , it could be that the circuit has series resonance ; if so there is a huge current going through the transistors. This is not advantageous.

In fel20000.pdf the variable parallel cap to the primary is missing. Both frequencys primary and the long thin secondary depend (because of the missing cap) on their length which is different . Zilano had allways a cap on primary or secondary. Without cap the primary will ring on it's natural frequency , which will be not the frequency of the secondary (thin long wire).
        In fel20000.pdf the thin long wire (secondary) and the load coil that is movable are not of the same wire. From fel20000.pdf I would take the grounding and the spark gap as an example. The cap that is shown there is a dc cap , there is no resonance there.

The spark gap is a trigger device , the coil that is triggered will response with it's own frequency, and if there is a cap parallel to it , with the freq. of this tank circuit.

I bought my zvs driver here from ebay, also the a few flybacks.
        ZVS Driver Hochspannung Tesla Ansteuerung Zeilentrafo | eBay
        Attached Files

Comment

Talking about ZVS, Mazilli ZVS inverter has not a ZVS topology, but I hope that won't disrupt the flow of conversation.

Comment

No , it won't ; ZVS it should switch at zero voltage , which it does not...
            I am really glad that I can purchase such things ready made!
            Only thing I do myself is applying a AC signal to the flyback an measuring which windings deliver 2 signals of same amplitude but shifted 180 degrees to each other. If the 2 are galvanically separated there is no problem with the 180 deg. shift. I get my DC-spark big enough for a spark gap at 9 V and 300mA.
            In the meantime I will receive the 2 var. caps from ebay an will give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by EMCSQ View Post
              Hi Guruji,

in 20000000.pdf (Author) there is no spark gap. He is using a function generator which he tunes to the 1/4wave frequency of the thin long coil.
              Look at the diagram частота = frequency.
              With this 1mF 400V cap in series with the primary , it could be that the circuit has series resonance ; if so there is a huge current going through the transistors. This is not advantageous.

In fel20000.pdf the variable parallel cap to the primary is missing. Both frequencys primary and the long thin secondary depend (because of the missing cap) on their length which is different . Zilano had allways a cap on primary or secondary. Without cap the primary will ring on it's natural frequency , which will be not the frequency of the secondary (thin long wire).
              In fel20000.pdf the thin long wire (secondary) and the load coil that is movable are not of the same wire. From fel20000.pdf I would take the grounding and the spark gap as an example. The cap that is shown there is a dc cap , there is no resonance there.

The spark gap is a trigger device , the coil that is triggered will response with it's own frequency, and if there is a cap parallel to it , with the freq. of this tank circuit.

I bought my zvs driver here from ebay, also the a few flybacks.
              ZVS Driver Hochspannung Tesla Ansteuerung Zeilentrafo | eBay
              Hi EMCSQ
              so do you recommend the fel20000 circuit? I once tried a variable cap to the primary but it arcs out of the cap. I think it should be a special type.
              Oh the load coil of fel20000 is movable you said? OK
              Did you see a vid of this?Did someone replicate the fel20000?
              Thanks

Comment

Hello Guruji

it's my try not to need any electronics , but you can chose whatever kind may be appropriate for you.
                I am trying right now to change the frequency by a variable cap parallel to the coil based on the diagram in fel20000.pdf, which 'Tiger' designed according to the Russian thread. He has a good reputation.
                These are the vids of this guy (IceWindAnd in YT), of which one is subject in the Russian thread. (Unknown Man FE)
                In one of them a variable capacitor is used.

160W 300W - YouTube
                P1010794 - YouTube
                Экс с БГ - YouTube

Comment

8 Windings 10 mm^2 Wire with parallel cap , one end connected with HV+ of flyback, the other to spark gap and HV- of flyback works. Adding another cap parallel to the existing reduces frequency , as expected. Adding the variable cap and varying the capacitance shows almost no influence. (no arcing)
                  The value-range seems too small to show any effect.
                  The frequency of the spark gap itself is much smaller and varies with its distance but has no influence on the frequency of LC tank .
                  The amplitude of LC tank oscillation increases with the distance of the spark gap.
                  Adding ground to HV- as shown in zilano diagrams increases amp draw and oscillation amplitude. I am getting another var. cap. and see if it has influence.
                  I have measured all with a second coil with a few windings connected to the scope.
                  To tune the primary's frequency to the quarter-wave natural frequency of the thin long coil (which must be grounded) seems to be possible.
                  (my disk quota is low here for posting more pics)

Comment

Here is a well described diagram including mechanical dimensions.
                    One thing I would alter:
                    Adding a variable capacitor to the primary coil for adjusting the resonance frequency to the 1/4 wave resonance frequency of the thin wire coil an driving the primary by an spark gap like shown in the 2nd attachment.
                    Source:
                    Форум странников :: Тема: Неизвестного человека установка, вроде Се генератор (1/3)
                    Dear All.

I have done a fair bit with this one. The video you posted earlier I am sure that the schematic I have attached is the correct one. What I can say with some certainty is that the internal choke plays a great role with this device!!
                    I tried many different coils but never got it right!!

You can see here my progress.....
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXIca35GeIY

Cheers Grum.
                    Attached Files

Comment

8 Windings 10 mm^2 Wire with parallel cap , one end connected with HV+ of flyback, the other to spark gap and HV- of flyback works. Adding another cap parallel to the existing reduces frequency , as expected. Adding the variable cap and varying the capacitance shows almost no influence. (no arcing)
                      The value-range seems too small to show any effect.
                      The frequency of the spark gap itself is much smaller and varies with its distance but has no influence on the frequency of LC tank .
                      The amplitude of LC tank oscillation increases with the distance of the spark gap.
                      Adding ground to HV- as shown in zilano diagrams increases amp draw and oscillation amplitude. I am getting another var. cap. and see if it has influence.
                      I have measured all with a second coil with a few windings connected to the scope.
                      To tune the primary's frequency to the quarter-wave natural frequency of the thin long coil (which must be grounded) seems to be possible.
                      (my disk quota is low here for posting more pics)
                      You mean like this setup?

Comment

Yes exactly.

Comment

QUOTE=Guruji;235458]Hi EMCSQ thanks for response. I tried my setup with a ZVS driver and now I'm using a simple one transistor driver. Someone told me to adjust the SG for right frequency.
                          Could not see vid.
                          First scheme is showing a sort of driver circuit that I think can be any driver.
                          Coil winding is interesting.
                          Regarding fel 20000 scheme what should be the third coil winding to the load?[/QUOTE]

use invertor driver not zvs driver as the aim is to induce full wave ac in the secondary of flyback which is rectified by hv diode built in to feed pulsed dc in in the primary thick copper tube coil.

example shown in second image below.

dunfasto
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by dunfasto; 07-23-2013, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guruji View Post

You mean like this setup?
                            use the spark gap as shown in picture with right sign.

dunfasto
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi dunfasto yes it should be like that setup but to find resonance of coil one should do the reccomended setup.
                              On the other thread Sergei said that chubinidze coil should be 1/2 cw &1/2 ccw.
                              Worth a try.

Comment

Working...
                              X