The Moray valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Moray valve

I'm placing this thread because i couldn't find one concerning this subject. And I think discussion will be interesting.

as most of you will know, Dr. Moray invented this device in the early 1900's. In short: a 60 pound device putting out 50Kw. (Peter talks about this in one of his lectures)
    And the secret to this device being the Moray valve, a sort of diode for radiant energy.
    I have been searching the net for a bit, and it really seems like no one has ever re-invented this component after it was destroyed back in the 30's. Or at least no one is disclosing any information.
    The reason im starting this thread is to find out what you people think of all this. This valve being the "holy grail" of radiant energy, the output of it being far greater than any other radiant device i've ever heard of.

I'm still in the process of scrambling together parts for a bedini SSG. My knowledge of conventional electronics is not as good as some of the users on this forum though.
    But still it might be cool to do some experimenting with some of the alleged materials that were supposed to be in the valve. Or do you people think it will be too hard for a mere mortal like me. :P
    And where am i going to find Germanium, Bismuth, Uranium? isn't that stuff expensive?
    I'd also like to know if any of the users on this forum have expirimented with this? I mean there is a lot of information on the net on "what" the valve would have contained. But it would still be incredibly difficult to reproduce what he did.

I personally think the "secret" will be discovered by someone who has a natural feel or intuition for this type of energy. One would have to know what he was doing, I Guess that sort of the point of playing with simple ssg's learning to understand first hand what radiant energy is. If you don't know what youre dealing with, you can't solve problems, or get any idea's.
    It just frustrates me that this thing was invented a small century ago, and nobody can re-invent it. It's just mind blowing.
    Maybe the time isn't right for it yet.

Anyway what do you people think of all this?

Hi Mr. Jan H
    And I like you googled alot of time to find more information for Moray Generator. There isnt any useful information how this generator work or how its made od build. There isnt nothing. I know that Dr. Moray experimenting with Tesla waves and currents but nothing more. Do you have some schema for this generator?
    You can find germanium for a low price. That is a Geranium crystal in some transistors.
    I will continue to search for more information.

Comment

Hutchinson Effect Videos, Hutchinson mentions Moray and claims that it was a container of minerals/crystals, with a long wire antenna. There is mention elsewhere of powdered crystals/minerals, and a pocket radio (Erla Crystal), and this may have been used for oscillation of the mix. He may have been using many cells in both series and parallel?

Hutchinson mentions Moray at 4:40 on the timer
      YouTube - New Energy Series 2: John Hutchison Part 2

I've seen 20 foot high antenna wires with aluminum pie plates on the end. 32volts, 25ma, but it never occurred to me to that it could be used to trigger or excite a box of goodies.

We're on the right track.

Is rotation really necessary?
      Why not squares in kilovolts (big kicks)?
      Quarter wave gives more bang for the buck.

Good Luck
      MikeE
      Last edited by sirmikey1; 09-13-2008, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan H View Post
        I'm placing this thread because i couldn't find one concerning this subject. And I think discussion will be interesting.

as most of you will know, Dr. Moray invented this device in the early 1900's. In short: a 60 pound device putting out 50Kw. (Peter talks about this in one of his lectures)
        And the secret to this device being the Moray valve, a sort of diode for radiant energy.
        I have been searching the net for a bit, and it really seems like no one has ever re-invented this component after it was destroyed back in the 30's. Or at least no one is disclosing any information.
        The reason im starting this thread is to find out what you people think of all this. This valve being the "holy grail" of radiant energy, the output of it being far greater than any other radiant device i've ever heard of.

I'm still in the process of scrambling together parts for a bedini SSG. My knowledge of conventional electronics is not as good as some of the users on this forum though.
        But still it might be cool to do some experimenting with some of the alleged materials that were supposed to be in the valve. Or do you people think it will be too hard for a mere mortal like me. :P
        And where am i going to find Germanium, Bismuth, Uranium? isn't that stuff expensive?
        I'd also like to know if any of the users on this forum have expirimented with this? I mean there is a lot of information on the net on "what" the valve would have contained. But it would still be incredibly difficult to reproduce what he did.

I personally think the "secret" will be discovered by someone who has a natural feel or intuition for this type of energy. One would have to know what he was doing, I Guess that sort of the point of playing with simple ssg's learning to understand first hand what radiant energy is. If you don't know what youre dealing with, you can't solve problems, or get any idea's.
        It just frustrates me that this thing was invented a small century ago, and nobody can re-invent it. It's just mind blowing.
        Maybe the time isn't right for it yet.

Anyway what do you people think of all this?
        I was intriuged when I first read about moray- perhaps when i was 15 or 16. It sounded to me like he was capturing the so called "quantum vacuum fluctuations"

I.E. "quantum diode"

Well, from the description of the device, it wasn't generating any energy on its own, but rather recieving and transducing the energy from surrounding space. I wondered about the background microwave radiation which pervades our universe, but that doesn't seem to hold the answer. The only thing that could provide the energy he claimed (50kW) is something which interfaces with zero point (shall we say) energy

I know thats not necessarily a welcome term on a "radiant energy" forum, but I hope one day we will understand and connect these two terms and have some sort of unified definition.

Anyhoo, the thing to remember is that Moray was (sort of) continuing teslas work- which is something akin to radio. His diodes were "a strange mix of radioactive materials" but nothing refined- just naturally occuring radioactive ores were all that he could have possibly found.

He did have tubes that had short lived isotopes in them, and their decay is said to have been an important factor in determining how all this really worked, but as far as I can tell, he was doing something similar to what EV Gray was doing. Those three can be kind of grouped- Tesla, Moray, and Gray.

For what its worth...

Experimentation will yeild a lot more than searching for ghosts, in my opinion.
        "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called Research."

-A. Einstein

Comment

Moray's Book
          http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/P26.pdf

Comment

Info on Moray

Try:

Nu Energy™ Research Institute

Buccaneer

Comment

Is this information real?

Mатериалите Ñе предоÑтавÑÑ‚ Ñ Ð¾Ð±Ñ€Ð°Ð·Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ñ‚ÐµÐ»Ð½Ð° цел и не Ñа теÑтвани! - ЕлектричеÑтво (Electricity) - Henry Moray Oscillator Tube

"The moray geranium mixture gives unique results in functioning as in a
              valve or booster amplifier. He made them in the form of pellets compressed
              under high pressure and fused. The combination contained: Bismuth, ZINC
              SULFIDE, Pure geranium metal, 99.97% GE, 0.03% ZnS. active bismuth
              activator,-tribolurninescent zinc. Some pellets fastened to envelop with pure
              tin in place of solder. Bismuth pellets fused to side. Germanium mixture
              pellets float between other pellets but making firm but needlepoint like
              contact. he also has used silicon too, which has some of the properties of
              germanium. Germanium works best when impurities are introduced. Care
              must be taken when alloyed with other substances, as too much other
              mixture added worsens conductivity, and germanium looses its properties."

Comment

Radioactive Diode

If Moray did mix uranium in with his valve, this may have been a key factor. Anyone wanting to experiment with this type of circuit should consider using a 1N29B diode. They come packaged in lead foil, but that's all I know about them, except when they're used in a crystal radio, they'll power a loudspeaker directly, without any amplifier stage. I have a couple of them, but haven't got the proper equipment yet to do any tests.

Comment

@sucahyo:
                  Where do you have the info on the germanium mix from?
                  In this info there is no mention of any radioactive elements if i have not overlooked one

Comment

@Xenomorph, I quote the text from the link file. I think bismuth used in the valve is the radioactive one, because the text mention it need to be active bismuth.

Bismuth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                    It is generally considered to be the last naturally occurring stable, non-radioactive element on the periodic table, although it is actually slightly radioactive, with an extremely long half-life.

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that Moray was using pink quartz. I also know from the field of Stained Glass art that uranium is the trace element which will give glass a pink color.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrotek View Post
                        If Moray did mix uranium in with his valve, this may have been a key factor. Anyone wanting to experiment with this type of circuit should consider using a 1N29B diode. They come packaged in lead foil, but that's all I know about them, except when they're used in a crystal radio, they'll power a loudspeaker directly, without any amplifier stage. I have a couple of them, but haven't got the proper equipment yet to do any tests.
                        Electrotec

Where can you get 1N29Bs from or the spec sheets - I cannot find them listed.

Regards

John

Comment

Originally posted by john_g View Post
                          Electrotec

Where can you get 1N29Bs from or the spec sheets - I cannot find them listed.

Regards

John
                          If there aren't any specs, I suppose that means it's no longer available? It's made by Sylvania so they might still have some info. Or, check on some of the ham radio sites. Someone there might know about it. Also, it has a tiny gold plated stud on one end. Maybe you could search for some stud mounted diode references.

I think the radioactive property is the important thing. Maybe we can experiment with our own components, using Galena which is readily available in peltiers used in portable coolers. Or from Van Waters and Rogers, a chemical supply. The possibility of activating bismuth is what interests me. Boron, as it appears in Pyrex, can easily be activated - to become radioactive - by hitting it with 15 Mev protons, which are hydrogen ions. The decay rate then lasts for 3 or 4 days. Bismuth might last longer. You can get it at the reloader supply store, since it's used for the pellets in shot gun shells.

Comment

Take it for Granite

Have you investigated granite as Moray's source of radiation? Some support for his use of granite is that some granite consists of quartz, bismuth, up to 20 ppm Uranium and up to 4 ppm Germanium. Granite is a known source of natural radiation and Moray, living in Salt Lake City, Utah, would have easy access to the granite mine located at Little Cottonwood Canyon just 15 miles away. Moray failed to obtain a patent for his work because he was unable to acurately describe the energy source. Could he have been using radioactivity as a source of naturally occurning nuclear energy to power his instrument?

Comment

swedish stone

Originally posted by marmstrong View Post
                              Have you investigated granite as Moray's source of radiation? Some support for his use of granite is that some granite consists of quartz, bismuth, up to 20 ppm Uranium and up to 4 ppm Germanium. Granite is a known source of natural radiation and Moray, living in Salt Lake City, Utah, would have easy access to the granite mine located at Little Cottonwood Canyon just 15 miles away. Moray failed to obtain a patent for his work because he was unable to acurately describe the energy source. Could he have been using radioactivity as a source of naturally occurning nuclear energy to power his instrument?
                              I think Moray was using "Swedish stone", not materials he found local.
                              You might have a listen to Stan Deyo's lecture on youtube which
                              discusses Moray.

Comment

Working...
                              X