Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urine Powered Generator

A Urine Powered Generator : Maker Faire Africa

Possibly one of the more unexpected products at Maker Faire Africa this year in Lagos is a urine powered generator, created by four girls. The girls are Duro-Aina Adebola (14), Akindele Abiola (14), Faleke Oluwatoyin (14) and Bello Eniola (15).

1 Liter of urine gives you 6 hours of electricity.

The system works like this:

* Urine is put into an electrolytic cell, which separates out the hydrogen.
    * The hydrogen goes into a water filter for purification, which then gets pushed into the gas cylinder.
    * The gas cylinder pushes hydrogen into a cylinder of liquid borax, which is used to remove the moisture from the hydrogen gas.
    * This purified hydrogen gas is pushed into the generator.

It seems that the generator powers the urine cell - which in turn powers the generator and a load.

A closer look at the system and you can see wires going from the generator to the urine cell:

http://makerfaireafrica.com/wp-conte...1/IMG_4498.jpg

I guess this may explain why it works.

Is Urine the Fuel of the Future? - YouTube

how long?

How long does the generator have to run to convert 1 liter of urine to fuel that will run the generator for 6 hours?
    Sincerely,
    Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
    Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
    RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

That does not look too thrustworthy. Having made dozens of hho cells I think I can surely say, that those small bubbles I see in the bubbler is nowhere near enough hho or hydrogen to power that engine. If so, then why has the generator the gas tank on and not removed? Also, I have experimented with lots of different electrolytes and so far most of them damage the stainless steel electrodes in the cell, especially salt. Nothing works as well as distilled water + KOH or NaOH. Tap water quiclky destroys the electrodes because of the high mineral content, urine has even more minerals in ir. I am sure that this device works on gasoline and uses some of the electricity to convert urine into hydrogen that gets back into the engine giving it a little boost, but nowhere near as much as the energy needed to convert urine into hho. That is like putting a hho booster on your car and saying it runs on water.
      Last edited by Jetijs; 11-14-2012, 11:48 PM.
      It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

Sorry, but I don't really have any more info on it than what was posted above.

It could all be a scam but the only reason I found as to why urine was special in this case was because of urea. The urea and nickel electrodes use much less electrical energy to generate hydrogen than normal H2O electrolysis.

At Aaron, this is why it 1 liter runs for 6 hours is my guess, that is how long it takes the urea to be used up. It has less to do with H2O and more to do with urea being turned into hydrogen. So not all of the 1 liter is turned into gas, just the urea.

See the last link in the original post above, it explains more about the urea.

But details are sketch, I just wanted to post it here and see what you guys thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
          That does not look too thrustworthy.... Also, I have experimented with lots of different electrolytes and so far most of them damage the stainless steel electrodes in the cell, especially salt. Nothing works as well as distilled water + KOH or NaOH. Tap water quiclky destroys the electrodes because of the high mineral content, urine has even more minerals in ir.
          Hi Jetis, that is exactly what I was thinking in regards to the salts and corrosion in the urine cell. But maybe the urea is special and they probably use nickel electrodes and run it only till the urea is gone. Just a guess on my part since details are lacking. But good point on the salt.

Comment

Working...
          X