Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Window Motor Design

Hey Guys! Remember me?

Been out of the loop for a while and designed this motor about a year ago but only just got around to having the parts made.

It runs off a basic Bedini SSG circuit with 150 turn primary and 75 turn trigger winding.

There are 6 neo magnets in a NSNSNS configuration.

There is only one coil on this design that wraps around the rotor in a way to minimize parasitic resistance.

The distance between the windings is double the diameter of the windings for maximum Q. (ala Brooks)

In the video the motor is running off the small 1.5w solar panel. In the middle of November in the UK the sun isn't all that bright but it still runs quite nicely.

New Bedini Window Motor Design Running off a Small Solar Panel - YouTube

and some pics :

Only just finished it last night and my batteries have been sitting idle for a very long time, so it will be a while before I have any real results from it but I'm glad to be back on the Dark (energy) Side!

"Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
    Nikola Tesla

Cool , I wanted to have a motor which does have torque and then run a bulb from radiant , does it has torque so it can be used as a water pump ... Thinking of this as a real application use in day to day life

Comment

Yes, it has torque The goal of my most recent motors is to get higher mechanical efficiency. With my last motor ( Bedini Motors Have NO Torque! - YouTube ) I matched the mechanical efficiency of a standard brushless motor while charging batteries at the same time.

This motor seems more efficient, but when your talking about torque, you need to think about how much torque you want at what RPM. It's about impedance matching. If I wanted this to have higher torque at lower rpm then I would probably double stack the magnets and use a finer gauge wire for the primary with more turns. This motor has good torque at higher rpm so it is better suited for something like a fan than a water pump, though it is always possible to use gears to step the power down for that purpose.

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
      Nikola Tesla

Comment

Cool job, what about negative spike of the collapse of the coil , I know it can charge a battery but what else it can do , suppose you scale this 10times , will that spike can be stepped down to get some real powe

Comment

I wouldn't worry about converting the spike. If you put a capacitor on the output instead of a battery it will pretty much convert the voltage spike back into current.

The spike is caused by a property of the batteries that is similar to inductance. The ions in the battery have far greater mass than an electron and so they are subject to momentum. When the power is cut off to the coil the field starts collapsing and so generates voltage in the windings. At first the batteries ions are stationary and for a very brief moment this makes the battery behave like a very very high impedance. This allows the voltage to rise dramatically across the windings. But soon the ions get moving and so the battery impedance drops and the voltage across the windings drops back down to the voltage of the charging battery. There is no extra energy in the spike itself.

Though the spike is significant when it comes to charging batteries. Without a doubt it is the spike which gives bedini's energisers their ability to desulphate batteries. The spike is also attributed to the extra energy that is supposed to end up in the charging battery but is not measurable on the motor's output. There are a few theories floating around on how this works but I'm not certain which is correct, and to be honest, I don't think Bedini is certain either since he has put out several theories over the years.

If you do want to increase the size of the spike, then you need the fastest transition from the on/off states as possible. Also, the greater the magnetic field generated at the point of cut off, the greater the size of the spike.

Nikola Tesla

Comment

If spikes are so important then in the newer version, why he is collecting them in cap and then building a cap dumper for battery charging , it is like small drops of water being collected to fill up the bucket. And why is the beef associated with a coil , and is intensive with ferrite core and lower gauge coil with many turns ... It has to do with magnetic molecular level of core , I mean physical arrangement and dearrangement of molecules , like in physics like spring , the core molecules want to come back to its original state with larger force when the switch is off.... Just my thinking but does make sense

Comment

Originally posted by hello_all View Post
              If spikes are so important then in the newer version, why he is collecting them in cap and then building a cap dumper for battery charging , it is like small drops of water being collected to fill up the bucket. And why is the beef associated with a coil , and is intensive with ferrite core and lower gauge coil with many turns ... It has to do with magnetic molecular level of core , I mean physical arrangement and dearrangement of molecules , like in physics like spring , the core molecules want to come back to its original state with larger force when the switch is off.... Just my thinking but does make sense
              Newer version? Unless you are talking about a very recent motor then it is the other way around. Bedini's earliest motors used to collect the flyback from coil into a capacitor bank and then discharge that into the battery bank, though later on he switched to feeding the output from the coil directly into the battery.

And why is the beef associated with a coil , and is intensive with ferrite core and lower gauge coil with many turns
              Sorry, I don't understand what you mean here

Nikola Tesla

Comment

Nice workmanship

Hey Sephiroth,
                Nice motor! People get Bedini's remarks about hot and cold confused. JB is still singing the same tune about when to use a cap dumper and when not. Depends on how you are going to use the battery after it is charged. Hot charged (cap dumper) batteries can be used conventionally, cold charged (direct to battery), for resistive loads and not for primary. That's his story anyway. JB is putting together SSG kits on the other forum and they have cap dumpers. This is causing some people to think that he nows prefers them. Not so. It's just a more complete kit for experimenting with both, hot and cold.
                Randy
                _

Comment

Window Motor Circuit Board Repair

Hello,

Is anyone located in California, or near Northern California?

I have two window motors both of which are not working as they were damaged in transportation. I attempted to repair them by replacing the opto isolator but it was not successful. Should be a simple fix, but I am no engineer/technician as I am new to the hands on aspects.

LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED INDIVIDUAL FOR HELP, THIS WILL LEAD TO CONSISTENT WORK IF YOU DESIRE.

THANK YOU!
                  shamanichealing@nym.hush.com
                  Last edited by ET-Power; 04-09-2017, 07:43 PM.
                  "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin + Thomas Jefferson

Comment

how close are you ?

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Sent you a private message.

According to Google Maps we a 5 hours North West of you.

Thank you!

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin + Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                      X