Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Find The Resonance Frequency of A Rock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Find The Resonance Frequency of A Rock?

Im basically new to the field of cymatics, I understand how to find the resonance frequency of most objects, but what if the object is an inert object like a rock, or steel?

Do I need special equipment to send frequency waves through it or something?

Ie a rife machine?

Or is there a simpler method?

Im basically trying to get a rock to spin & levitate, using sound or electricity, im basically not sure what equipment id need as a starting point

I already know how to spin magnets using sound resonance, ie john depew style

Im pretty sure, if I can find the resonance frequency of a rock I can do the same

Imagine creating cars & helicopters & robotics using directed resonance frequency out of rocks & inert matter ...

From observing glass resonance, the glass literally starts to act like a liquid, ie it wobbles & dramatically behaves like a plastic

To find the resonance of a rock, what if I created a drinking glass out of a thin layer of rock, would that work?

& then work out the density of the total rock, ie to calculate the total power or loudness to work out the density of the rock

Anyway some ideas I had, basically if someone knows how to find the resonance frequency of high density rocks, & equipment required

Also most importantly, is it possible to break glass & cymatics using subsonic frequencies?

Ie. Subsonic, as in Frequencies out of the hearing range of a human

Just a thought ... How would you generate a subsonic frequency out of the hearing range of a human powerful enough to spin a rock?

Thnx

Good question

It does have me thinking.
    Kind of like a pile driver, but internal to its self.
    kind of like one hammer used to drive a nail without damage to the hammer or nail.
    But if two hammers are used and come together at the heads with the same force, the resulting force can break or chip the heads of the hammer.
    Kind of a force multiplication.
    But at a low frequency.

I hope to learn more.

Thanks,

Steve
    One thing to keep in mind is, man wrote the laws regarding the conservation of energy, not nature.
    Nature writes it's own laws regardless of what man thinks or does.

Comment

If only Ed was still alive !
      We know that he had 'radio frequency tuners' hanging in his workshop area at Coral Castle and I believe they directly relate to your quest.

An idea i've been thinking about relates to Steve's answer with the hammer.
      A radio wave can be used at 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and it's full wave, most commonly 1/4 wave is used for reception in devices.
      Radio waves are just the same as voice carriers, at a supersonic level. You might imagine a human voice to be at a subdivided frequency, of many several thousand times of a radio wave frequency.
      So, what if you transmit at the frequency that was determined for a sliver of the rock, to begin a resonance, then also transmit a very fine detuning. The receiver of that wavelength would be at 1/2 wave. Transmit another very slightly different to that, with another receiver at 3/4 length and finally a 4th again different.
      Such a condition may result in a multifold power increase of the resultant energy, perhaps capacitively coupled, like the windings on a radio receiver. What we are coupling though is the air between the frequencies, between the resonance points in space.
      Modulating those waves, bringing them in and out of resonance in minute increments may allow for directional change...controlled falling in different directions, in and out of resonance.
      Up/down/left/right - 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, full wave
      Could that have been what was within Leedskalnin's box on the tripod ?
      Last edited by Slider2732; 09-08-2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Hi Slider

Originally posted by Slider2732 View Post
        If only Ed was still alive !
        We know that he had 'radio frequency tuners' hanging in his workshop area at Coral Castle and I believe they directly relate to your quest.

An idea i've been thinking about relates to Steve's answer with the hammer.
        A radio wave can be used at 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and it's full wave, most commonly 1/4 wave is used for reception in devices.
        Radio waves are just the same as voice carriers, at a supersonic level. You might imagine a human voice to be at a subdivided frequency, of many several thousand times of a radio wave frequency.
        So, what if you transmit at the frequency that was determined for a sliver of the rock, to begin a resonance, then also transmit a very fine detuning. The receiver of that wavelength would be at 1/2 wave. Transmit another very slightly different to that, with another receiver at 3/4 length and finally a 4th again different.
        Such a condition may result in a multifold power increase of the resultant energy, perhaps capacitively coupled, like the windings on a radio receiver. What we are coupling though is the air between the frequencies, between the resonance points in space.
        Modulating those waves, bringing them in and out of resonance in minute increments may allow for directional change...controlled falling in different directions, in and out of resonance.
        Could that have been what was within Leedskalnin's box on the tripod ?
        Always good to hear from you as I value your insight into the area of magnetics more than you might think.

I have learned so much from your past work that continues to help me even today.

Regards,

Steve
        One thing to keep in mind is, man wrote the laws regarding the conservation of energy, not nature.
        Nature writes it's own laws regardless of what man thinks or does.

Comment

"What we are coupling though is the air between the frequencies, between the resonance points in space."

Wow excellent idea

Using the gaps between a frequency as a capacitator, excellent idea

Also does anyone know how to shatter glass at subsonic frequencies?

From my research it seems pretty easy, as glass resonates so visibly, basically hook it up to an oscilloscope & note the subsonic frequency as the glass starts to resonate

Im pretty sure the frequencies used to resonate a rock are subsonic, as the gongs & bowls used by the tibetan monks all generate massive amounts of subsonic frequencies

While the sound bowls visible frequencies are beneficial its the subsonic frequencies which seem to do the most work, ie shake the bowl etc

From what I remember there was a guy who used huge mile long pipes to research subsonic frequencies, he was commissioned by the government, does anyone know his name?

thnx

Comment

Elasticity and Fragility

The waves of energy have to bounce back and forth in the substance for you to get resonation. If they don't bounce they will get absorbed by the molecular resistance and be converted to heat. Think in terms of a continuous spectrum starting with a lump of mud or clay at one end and a glass rod at the other end. The molecules of the glass rod are very highly organized and thus the rod has special properties.
            There is a reason why science has been successful and technology is widespread. Don't be afraid to do the math and apply the laws of physics.

Comment

@WayneCT

In that case wouldnt detecting the radiation emitted from the rock be better then soundwaves, to determine the resonance waves emitted by the rock?

From my understanding causing something to self resonate is pretty easy, its finding the resonant pattern or frequency & a way to cause the self resonation thats the tricky part

ie famously gusts of wind caused a bridge to self resonate & literally self resonate itself to pieces

Maybe I should just go & find a tuning fork & whack some rocks as a trial run ... lol

Comment

Originally posted by roonyroo View Post
                @WayneCT

In that case wouldnt detecting the radiation emitted from the rock be better then soundwaves, to determine the resonance waves emitted by the rock?

From my understanding causing something to self resonate is pretty easy, its finding the resonant pattern or frequency & a way to cause the self resonation thats the tricky part

ie famously gusts of wind caused a bridge to self resonate & literally self resonate itself to pieces

Maybe I should just go & find a tuning fork & whack some rocks as a trial run ... lol
                ps check helpfulwaves.com

Comment

play with yer trumpet!

Thats the answer ! couple of trumpets an a drum look its easy
                  Acoustic Levitation Of Stones
                  if'n them o'l monks can do it
                  Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

Comment

finding the frequency.

Originally posted by roonyroo View Post
                    Im basically new to the field of cymatics, I understand how to find the resonance frequency of most objects, but what if the object is an inert object like a rock, or steel?

Do I need special equipment to send frequency waves through it or something?

Ie a rife machine?

Or is there a simpler method?

Im basically trying to get a rock to spin & levitate, using sound or electricity, im basically not sure what equipment id need as a starting point

I already know how to spin magnets using sound resonance, ie john depew style

Im pretty sure, if I can find the resonance frequency of a rock I can do the same

Imagine creating cars & helicopters & robotics using directed resonance frequency out of rocks & inert matter ...

From observing glass resonance, the glass literally starts to act like a liquid, ie it wobbles & dramatically behaves like a plastic

To find the resonance of a rock, what if I created a drinking glass out of a thin layer of rock, would that work?

& then work out the density of the total rock, ie to calculate the total power or loudness to work out the density of the rock

Anyway some ideas I had, basically if someone knows how to find the resonance frequency of high density rocks, & equipment required

Also most importantly, is it possible to break glass & cymatics using subsonic frequencies?

Ie. Subsonic, as in Frequencies out of the hearing range of a human

Just a thought ... How would you generate a subsonic frequency out of the hearing range of a human powerful enough to spin a rock?

Thnx
                    hi, kinda new to this whole forum thing. but I was reading your post and just had a thought I might share. if your looking for the given frequency of an object you try to find what that object resonates at. for a glass its quite simple tap it with something harder then its self and it will resonate, however a rock is far denser than glass or at least harder to get a sound out of. if you hit it with a steal pipe your going to hear the pipe ring not the rock. but if you hit a rock with the exact same kind of rock they would resonate each other. at least that is my thought for what its worth. if I'm wrong I do apologize. i'm not really into this field but I do like to think out side the normal box. and sometimes it's helpful. take care wish you luck.

Comment

I just saw this on History Channel

I just saw an episode of Modern Marvels on History channel called "Mad Science", the story of Tesla. One of his experiments was an earthquake machine.

To find the resonant frequency, hook up a microphone to an oscillocope, ping the rock with a hammer, and the silly-scope will display it's resonant frequency.

Then match that frequency with a frequency generator and an amplifier. You can build your own frequency generator with many IC's (EX: CD4069) using RC to set frequency. Feed that frequency into a power amp and a speaker. Then turn up the volume. This is how they break glass.

Comment

Originally posted by plasmahunt3r View Post
                        To find the resonant frequency
                        There may be several. I reckon the Peter Daysh Davey bell project has a similar issue.

I wonder if you should hook up a spectral analyser and see how many peaks there are, and go for the largest.

Comment

Originally posted by wrtner View Post
                          There may be several. I reckon the Peter Daysh Davey bell project has a similar issue.

I wonder if you should hook up a spectral analyser and see how many peaks there are, and go for the largest.
                          ...remembering that it is the shape of the rock that may contribute most to any frequency that you discover.

Comment

Working...
                          X