The Neurophone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Neurophone

I'm sure plenty of people on this site have heard of Patrick Flanagan's Neurophone (in short it allows people to hear through their skin) & was wondering if anybody here knows how it processes audio signals.

I would buy one if it didn't seem so terribly overpriced & I'd build one myself if I could get a complete schematic of it, but I think the availability of it could be broadened tremendously by simply figuring out how it processes an audio signal. From there the bulk of the device could simply be emulated using Audacity or similar audio-editing software.

I've read the patents & much of the other content on the rexresearch page before & there seems to be no sign that it works through bone conduction.

As for the schematic, it's as unreliable as it is difficult to decipher.

Comment

Thank you for the far more readable schematics. Did you make them yourself?

Admittedly I'm no where near as good at understanding schematics as I am at building things from them. I might build this if I could get my hands on the right components any time soon, but I mostly just want to know what the circuit is supposed to do to the audio input. I know the first thing involves square waves somehow, I don't know if it's modulated somehow, or just overlaid on the input or what.

Trying to get any detailed information has been far more effort than it seems it's worth. I just wanted it because I read it could be used for hypnosis or subliminal messages.

Comment

I remembered back in February when I saw this article in NewScientist that the army had been using transcranial electric stimulation to boost learning (in a hypnosis-like state) by applying ~9 volts of current with the anode on the right temple (possibly the right motor cortex from other things I've read on hypnosis) & the cathode on the left arm. I figured that if this was done with the neurophone, the wearer would more easily remember or be more inclined to act on the message carried through the neurophone.

I sent an email out & was told that a batch of neurophones are being made in Germany that might be on sale for around $800 each. I still think emulating it would be a far better idea, regardless of sound quality.

Comment

What a stroke of luck:

Make a DIY Flanagan ‘Neurophone’ with a TL494 « some electronic projects

Comment

Working...
          X