Bruce DePalma gyroscope experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce DePalma gyroscope experiment

Bruce DePalma claimed that a rotating gyroscope weighs less than a non-rotating gyroscope. My first tests showed that this was true. However, tests with more accurate scales showed it was not true. My videos original posted in this thread were deleted and replaced with the following short, to the point, video.

video >>>> Bruce DePalma gyroscope experiment test - YouTube
    Last edited by xee2; 07-29-2012, 03:57 PM.

Great experiment
    I saw your earlier upload, but see you've improved the vid. Does the same weight loss occur in both directions of spin ? Am thinking of the Earth rotating and any effect. Also about speed of rotation and whether a particular speed suits the precession best, or simply that a faster rotation may increase the effect, per precession angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Slider2732 View Post
      Does the same weight loss occur in both directions of spin ?
      Yes. Largest weight loss occurs when gyroscope has slowed to the point where it is almost ready to fall (largest part of vertical force converted to horizontal force).

Comment

I see, thanks, so it pulls the weight sideways rather than allowing full gravitic effects.
        Could the weight change have any use then ?
        I'm picturing something like a magnet embedded in the gyroscope assembly. Outside the gyroscope, would be permanent magnets of opposite polarity to each other, one at one side, opposite polarity magnet on the other side. Would they negate all forces, or the push pull force help the weight movement.... the gyroscopic action returning the device to a stable condition between magnetic interactions.
        One use, if such an idea were to work, would be in pushing a seesaw type connection, that translated to work like a piston (thinking steam engine types here). If a coil was also mounted on the perimeter, I wonder if the magnet onboard the gyroscope could allow the gyroscope to continue spinning at a set rate.
        It may form an interesting Rube Goldberg electro-mechanical machine.

Comment

@ Slider2732

He claimed he could use rotating disks to make an anti-gravity machine. See Bruce DePalma – N Machine, Free Energy, Self Sustaining Energy, Green Energy

Comment

Originally posted by xee2 View Post
            @ Slider2732

He claimed he could use rotating disks to make an anti-gravity machine. See Bruce DePalma – N Machine, Free Energy, Self Sustaining Energy, Green Energy
            Also,see Eric Laithwaite.

Comment

Aluminium rotating discs

Hi all, I posted this a while back at the neighbours, but it might still be relevent.

I was looking to some FBI witness reports, released and freely available to the public on the FBI site:

FBI — UFO Part 2 of 16

What i find interesting is that some different reported ufo crashes had similarities.

It does not look extraterrestrial, but it does look like back in those days some people where experimenting with the same (unknown?) technologies.

As i see it..

It is mainly one or two radio tubes, some wire and alumium plates.
              So non technical people describe what they see..
              (To me it reads like a hollow coil in the center of aluminum discs, somehow wired up (pancake wiring?)

I'm not familiar with electricity, but to me this reads like the perfect starting point for researching this stuff.

And anyone know of a scientist from that era that uses the initials TS ? Because that was find on one of the parts.

I put a few parts/snipps from the FBI files below.
              The second one has an even better description.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Cherryman; 07-10-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Wow, that stuff is great

Also - from the documentation in the PDF, which includes Roswell info - we read what may well have really happened in that world famous case !
                During the storm, the disc hit the weather balloon !!!!

A good point was raised by my wife. If the small UFO had 'Inspected TS' written inside, then they didn't just make 1 of them...it would be part of a production run and several persons would be involved.
                Could TS simply mean Top Secret, instead of identifying a person as inspector ?
                It would have been a real mind bender had it read 'Inspected BDeP'.

Wait now, what's John Searl's father's name ?
                Last edited by Slider2732; 07-10-2012, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Hannebu II.

This Area 51 levitating rocket saucer has a large central vacuum sealed Mach speed, spinning magnet sphere, and three counter rotating satellite sphere spinners, for precessional balance and control. These over sized Alnico magnet spheres were weightless and spun frictionless inside the four thick lined encasing and evacuated bismuth spherical shells. Rocket powered foward, Reed switch timed.

The magneto effect on the power coils forces input down to nothing at top speed and maximum negative G's. The gain can be measured in net units of lift-horsepower.
                  Last edited by Allen Burgess; 07-18-2017, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Experiment.

Four diametric tube magnets, One large and three small of equal mass. Ball bearings to size.

Two wood slat three star Daimler Benz shaped frames. Three dowels, and four hanging pins.

Three biflar spool power coils in series driving the three outer spinners one way, and the larger tube the other.

This can be run up on a scale to measure the weight loss, or it could go airbourne!

Comment

Eric Laithwaite - gyroscopic gravity modification.mov - YouTube

Two flywheels as a rotating pair, one at each end of a horizontally rotating axle, this to ensure balance about a central vertical axis, spinning oppositely with respect to each other so that each independently will provide same force translation with respect to earth gravity.

Four pairs (or any multiple of four) of rotating assemblies on one rigid platform, with two (or half of any multiple number of pairs) at opposite corners having reverse spin and reverse rotation, this to ensure that force translation is in same direction with respect to the platform, and independent of ground, such that the platform itself will not try to counter spin in free space.

I drew this arrangement in 1969, but have never had opportunity to try it, and I never will - so go ride the experience folks !

Gyroscopes - Everything you needed to know

Also magnets already are electron flywheels when looking down into a poleface, so these could be rotated similarly, say horizontally spinning a disc of circumferential neodimiums all with N (or S) pointing outwards wrt a vertical rotation axis. The disc should change weight, and either increase or decrease weight according to disc spin wrt earth. Or if the axis of rotation was horizontal, then the force translation should produce horizontal motion .

Anyone ever consider that Leedskalnin (who remagnetised his own magnets) did not remagnetise those in his wheel so that they were all N (or S) poles facing outwards ? Rotation of his fixed axis wheel would energise (via the mutual 90 degree spin axes) a unidirectional and vertical central vortex.

Cheers ......... Graham.
                      Last edited by GSM; 07-14-2012, 07:49 AM.

Comment

@ GSM,

Have you seen any replications of Bruce DePalma's Accutron experiment?

http://www.enterprisemission.com/DeP...nt-results.jpg
                        Last edited by xee2; 07-14-2012, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xee2 View Post
                          @ GSM,

Have you seen any replications of Bruce DePalma's Accutron experiment?

http://www.enterprisemission.com/DeP...nt-results.jpg
                          Hi Xee,

No not seen, but that effect upon the tuning fork would not surprise me.

I often wonder if anyone has done similar with weights on spokes like a fairground big wheel, and a rotating flywheel tangentially beneath one side, because the spoked wheel should rotate due to effective 'weight' differentials of the equal masses.

Cheers ......... Graham.
                          Last edited by GSM; 07-14-2012, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Weightless spinner

Everyone's seen the Youtube videos where neo sphere spinners are suspended in a weightless state. I am constructing a three spinner two bifilar power coil platform, with a large center free spinner. The central spinner will turn on a ball bearing, and be centered by an overhead nylon axle with space to allow the tube to rise. Comparing the weight of the magnet alone to the overall weight loss of the entire apparatus, would help predict suspension from spin and help formulate an equation for M.D. / Hz= 0g, (Mass, Diameter and Rotation Speed) to forcast the floating point of any spinning mass. Any measurable weight loss from this experiment would supply sufficient data to extrapolate a formula.

Spinning up away from the power coils removes their field's as a levitation factor, and the counter rotated satellite drivers will secure inertial stability for the platform. The total apparatus exceeds my plastic pastry scale's upward measuring limit. Eric helped save me a trip to the hardware store with his balance board; Balance board weighted to off set the weak scale measure, an accurate weight loss reading can be taken from the under powered scale.
                            Last edited by Allen Burgess; 07-15-2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Allen Burgess View Post
                              Everyone's seen the Youtube videos where neo sphere spinners are suspended in a weightless state. I am constructing a three spinner two bifilar power coil platform, with a large center free spinner. The central spinner will turn on a ball bearing, and be centered by an overhead nylon axle with space to allow the tube to rise. Comparing the weight of the magnet alone to the overall weight loss of the entire apparatus, would help predict suspension from spin and help formulate an equation for M.D. / Hz= 0g, (Mass, Diameter and Rotation Speed) to forcast the floating point of any spinning mass. Any measurable weight loss from this experiment would supply sufficient data to extrapolate a formula.

Spinning up away from the power coils removes their field's as a levitation factor, and the counter rotated satellite drivers will secure inertial stability for the platform. The total apparatus exceeds my plastic pastry scale's upward measuring limit. Eric helped save me a trip to the hardware store with his balance board; Balance board weighted to off set the weak scale measure, an accurate weight loss reading can be taken from the under powered scale.
                              That will be a great experiment. Please post your results. In my tests the spinning gyroscope did not lose weight when it was held in place, it needed to be allowed to precess in order to lose weight. DePalma's spinning balls appear to have lost weight since they went higher than non-spinning balls when started with same velocity. See evert rotor tech

Last edited by xee2; 07-15-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X