Schumann 555 Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schumann 555 Timer

Hi, does anyone have a circuit which will act like a frequency or signal generator and will create an output 0f 7.8 hetrz? I assume this could be done using the 555 timer. I basically want a little fixed frequency generator to output a trigger signal at the Schumann frequency, which I could then feed through a transistor to pulse larger things at the Schumann Frequency. Thanks!

555 astable multivibrator

This article goes over it pretty well.

555 Timer Astable Multivibrator Circuit; Pulse Generator Circuit

This circuit diagram shows how a 555 timer IC is configured to function as an astable multivibrator. An astable multivibrator is a timing circuit whose 'low' and 'high' states are both unstable. As such, the output of an astable multivibrator toggles between 'low' and 'high' continuously, in effect generating a train of pulses. This circuit is therefore also known as a 'pulse generator' circuit.

In this circuit, capacitor C1 charges through R1 and R2, eventually building up enough voltage to trigger an internal comparator to toggle the output flip-flop. Once toggled, the flip-flop discharges C1 through R2 into pin 7, which is the discharge pin. When C1's voltage becomes low enough, another internal comparator is triggered to toggle the output flip-flop. This once again allows C1 to charge up through R1 and R2 and the cycle starts all over again.

C1's charge-up time t1 is given by: t1 = 0.693(R1+R2)C1. C1's discharge time t2 is given by: t2 = 0.693(R2)C1. Thus, the total period of one cycle is t1+t2 = 0.693 C1(R1+2R2). The frequency f of the output wave is the reciprocal of this period, and is therefore given by: f = 1.44/(C1(R1+2R2)), wherein f is in Hz if R1 and R2 are in megaohms and C1 is in microfarads.
    555 Timer Astable Multivibrator Circuit; Pulse Generator Circuit
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Alberta is under attack... http://rethinkalberta.com/

Has anyone seen my Bedini Ceiling Fan that pushes the warm air down, and charges batteries as an added bonus? Me neither. 'Bout time I made one!!!!! :P

Comment

Astable 555 Multivibrator - doc00019

Comment

That was a really good link Stargate

Voire - If you change Rb to 90, you get 7.8000078000Hz
        It's on the left side, middle parameter.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys!

Comment

I can think of a couple of practical applications for using the 555 to produce schumann resonance.
            1. To use in signal generator as a defense against EMR from data transmission and cell towers, SMART meters, cell phones etc. For example, there is a story about American embassy personnell in Moscow some years ago carrying schumann resonance signal generators in their breast pockets to surround themselves with a field to counteract microwaves supposedly being beamed at them (and allegedly causing cancer, according to the story I read).
            2. As part of an apparatus to promote healing. It seems that a circuit producing a schumann res is part of the TensCam device - very interesting, and reportedly effective in healing injuries that cannot be healed with other methods. | Tenscam

I would really like to find a way to build a schumann res signal generator that could be carried around for EMF protection.
            Bob

Comment

Have any of you ran into the idea that the earths frequency is getting higher?
              I have heard this from a few different sources, and find it quite interesting.
              One source I ran into speculated that the frequency is going to go at least as high as 10-11Hz, though I don't know why that number is given, or how they came to that conclusion. It's hard to imagine that the earth changing frequencies wouldn't be bigger news, but who knows anymore
              The absence of proof is not proof of absence

Comment

@Neight...well, we could always fit a variable pot to Rb LOL
                But, I have a feeling it's a lot more serious than a change to a 555 circuit

What needs to happen, is for us to build these 555 based Schumann doodahs and then combine them with something known to be only majorly affected at that frequency (the Marcos Dancing Magnets on YouTube springs to mind for the picture of what I mean). Then, sit around and see if the reaction falls off and returns with a retune.
                That way, you could use the calculator posted by Stargate, or preferably a frequency function on a multimeter and actually know if the Earth's frequency was indeed changing.

Comment

Pwm

Buy and build the Velaman Pulse Width Modulator 3 trim pots. R-3 controls the pulse width and R-2 the voltage.

Comment

I've just finished building the circuit that stargate22 linked to.
                    It's to the same layout, same component values etc.
                    Thinking of Neight's wonderings though, I incorporated a 100K pot instead of Rb. A 22K resistor is in series with the pot. This enables frequencies from around 6Hz to 30Hz. Didn't have a lower value pot, hence the top end of the range being higher than wished.
                    On the lowest settings of the pot, the LED's can be readily seen to alternate as they do on the webpage.
                    Features, include details on the right of the circuit. At the top is an on/off switch. Next below is the power input. Next is a 2 pin header to either allow or disallow the LED's (giving more current to the Pin 3 output that goes external) and finally at the bottom is the external 2 pin port for Pin 3 and Ground.
                    Looking forward to triggering transistors and coils with this

Comment

function gen

hi slider2732,

was quite some time ago since your last post, im interested in building a resonator. i have only just found this site tho so have slightly gone a different way with regards to the 555, i have used a xr2206 function generator to generate a 7.83hz sine, could use a square but unsure which would be best so stuck with sine although square seems to have a greater affect on emf, must be the switching effect of the square wave. anyway how have you done, have you been able to resonate. i have been trying for weeks with no luck. so far i have a xr2206 hooked up to a 10w signal amp and a 75 ohm coil hooked right from the output. i have read that you need to match the coil impeadence with the output impeadence of what ever you are going to use to drive the coil. im now stuck, can anyone tell me how to work this out, i consider myself still quite a novis

Comment

Hi Jamie...

As luck would have it, i'm restarting on such things. Found that a 10uF cap in series on the output will decouple the 7.8Hz from the driven load. That was something, i'd start the oscillator, run another with it at a different frequency and this one would pack up and latch ! The decoupling sorted that out.
                        That effect is also seen if you try to run an audio speaker with the output.
                        You may have similar experiences with the XR2206...have never used one.

Different wave shapes are a consideration. The Earth is, presumably knocking out a sine wave. Perhaps then the 7.8Hz oscillator should. Fast sharp impulses are there with a square wave, so the secondary (carrier) frequency would then be a square wave.
                        The sharpness would be in the duty cycle, a quick blip effect, either through duty cycle or with a very tiny contact from a motor armature.
                        Or, in fact, we tune something to a multiplied wave derivative, 31.2Hz perhaps. 1/4 wave radio is the thinking there. With 31.2Hz being faster than our eyes see as blinks, then it seems ideal for an end output LED rate.

What kind of coil are you using ? Straight wound on a magnetic core for that 75ohms ?
                        I would advise a Tesla bi-filar pancake for resonance properties, only through experience though...your mileage may well indeed vary
                        But, the thinking there is that the natural frequency of a pancake decreases with size and they display a far greater capacitance than other coils. They are air core, preventing losses of any core and receive/transmit ambient energies excellently.

Comment

Found 2 Versions

Hi Everyone
                          I've been hunting a Schumann res generator for some time. A little while ago, I finally began to find things.

First, here is a new YT vid showing a schumann res freq genny using a 555 timer chip:
                          schumann wave resonator circuit, homemade style. - YouTube
                          He says you can buy them online from overseas, but I had no luck finding anything other than the expensive pre-made ones put out by health-based businesses.

I found a schematic using a 555 timer switch at this link, but now it doesn't come up. Maybe the site's down. Here's the link:
                          http://diyparadise.com/web/projectst...ainmenu-26/154
                          It's a good schematic and has the layout for a board as well that you could send to a manufacturer to have printed up. Hopefully it'll come back up.

I also found a schematic for a Schumann res generator that produces a sine wave and uses a series wound bifilar coil to produce scalar waves. Very interesting -
                          Schumann Frequency Oscillator with Scalar Coil

There are some good online 555 calculators to get your resistors and caps to the right values to hit the proper 7.83 frequency (or very close to it). Here's one, for example:
                          555 Calculator

Here are some values that'll get you very close to the 7.83 frequency with the 555:
                          R1 -- 1.82K
                          R2 -- 1.83K
                          Ct -- 50uF
                          Vcc -- 6V
                          F=7.8277Hz

R1 -- 1K
                          R2 -- 91K
                          C -- 1uF
                          F= 7.8688 Hz

There are some other value variables but I can't find them right now. I think you'll need to use some variable pots to get the frequency bang on. I believe this is what was done in the YT video above.

This is probably one of the best 555 tutorials around - maybe too much info for some, but very helpful for understanding the 555:
                          555 Timer/Oscillator Tutorial

If you're looking for step-by-step walk thru with photos for building a frequency genny using a 555 timer switch, here's a helpful link:
                          How to make a Frequency Generator:

I hope this is of help.
                          Bob

Slider, I guess I missed your post. Thanks very much for this helpful info. I'll keep it in mind when I build (next after current project). - B
                          Last edited by Bob Smith; 02-08-2013, 12:36 AM. Reason: New Info

Comment

Thanks for all the info Bob

I was intrigued by the sine wave type setup, not only for the coil, but also about the LT1037.
                            Here's some info: LT1037 - Low Noise, High Speed Precision Operational Amplifiers - Linear Technology
                            It's not just an op-amp... 20 million voltage gain and the lowest noise performance of anything (less than the noise of a 400ohm resistor) !
                            Looks like he used it for the quiet up to 10Hz, which they actually graph, rather handily.

Think i'll build me a self cancelling pancake coil and see how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Smith View Post
                              Hi Everyone
                              I've been hunting a Schumann res generator for some time. A little while ago, I finally began to find things.

First, here is a new YT vid showing a schumann res freq genny using a 555 timer chip:
                              schumann wave resonator circuit, homemade style. - YouTube
                              He says you can buy them online from overseas, but I had no luck finding anything other than the expensive pre-made ones put out by health-based businesses.
                              Hi Bob.
                              Yes, they have them on eBay. I got couple at $4 each and they work fine - 555 generator | eBay. I would replace regular cap with tantalum type.
                              I didn't try LT1037 yet but it looks good. Thanks for the link Slider

Vtech
                              'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

Working...
                              X