Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla's Electric Car

Good morning
    I finished the 1632 series last week (until Flint comes out with the next book) so I started to re-read "Nikola Tesla's fantastic Inventions"
    I came across the chapter of Tesla's electric car.
    For those who never heard about this Tesla used radiant energy to power an electric car at high speeds for a whole week.
    I was wondering if anyone is working at trying to recreat his work on this?
    Just a thought.
    Bizzy
    Last edited by Bizzy; 03-16-2012, 01:45 PM.
    Smile it doesn't hurt!

Jesus said,"...all things are possible through God." Mk10:27

Who is the author of the book you mention?
    What chapter and what page refers to the Electric Car?
    A collection of Eric Dollards latest posts and writings on my website: Gestalt Reality - Eric Dollard

Comment

Tesla's car

Here is a link to possible circuits Tesla may have used. Unfortunately it doesn't say what size resistors.And unfortunately I know nothing about vacuum tubes .

Tesla Electric Car #2 - 01/09/98

Anyone have any ideas?
      Bizzy
      Smile it doesn't hurt!

Jesus said,"...all things are possible through God." Mk10:27

Comment

Zinc Battery Plates

Bizzy

I read the other day, (cannot find link at the moment) that Tesla also used a special battery with the car. The battery apparently had replaceable zinc plates, with spares in the boot. I hadn't read that in other reports about this car so though worth mentioning.

Regards

John

Comment

some more info about (the skeptic) story of Tesla's 1931 Pierce arrow and many links (many not actual anymore) regarding his car there
          1931 Electric Pierce Arrow | Tesla FAQ No. 16 | Interesting Facts About Nikola Tesla

There is enough to find at this forum regarding Tesla's wireless transmission though
          Last edited by kitcar; 03-16-2012, 10:24 PM.

Comment

does anyone know anything about the diagram on

Comment

Silly circuits

Ok, just for the record I do believe it is entirely possible and even likely that Tesla had a car that ran of some source of power we don't yet understand. But those two circuits shown cannot do anything. Tubes can not produce power. They don't produce voltage and they don't produce current. They can only control the current through them which means the voltage at the plate will vary as the current through the tube is controlled by the grid. The guy that posted that bunch of garbage doesn't even know the proper names for the parts of a tube. The "lower plate" as he calls it is called the cathode, and the upper plate is actually the anode although when referring to vacuum tubes it is usually just called the plate. The controlling element is called the grid. If you supply a couple of hundred volts to the plate through a resistor then there will be a couple of hundred volts at the plate when the tube is turned off. If a signal is applied to the grid and turns the tube on then the current flowing through the tube will cause the voltage at the plate to drop. If the tube is turned fully on then the voltage at the plate will drop to almost zero. A tube is basically a voltage amplifier in the sense that a relatively small signal can control a large voltage. BUT something ELSE has to supply that large voltage to start with. The tube can not just create the higher voltage. That is why the British called them valves, because they controlled the voltage just like a valve can control a liquid. The valve can not create the liquid, it can only control it.

I hope this long winded explanation makes sense. I have worked on all types of tube circuits from radio and TV's to industrial machines that were 80 feet long and powered by tube circuits. Those industrial machines used tubes to control the power going to the drive motors that were sometimes 25 HP or greater.

Carroll
              Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Vacuum Tubes

These links might be helpful:

Vacuum tube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Valve amplifier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rob

Comment

[QUOTE=citfta;184753]Ok, just for the record I do believe it is entirely possible and even likely that Tesla had a car that ran of some source of power we don't yet understand. ...........
                  The tube can not just create the higher voltage. That is why the British called them valves, because they controlled the voltage just like a valve can control a liquid..........
                  __________________________________________________ ____________________________

Well citfta - don't you,
                  like me until a couple of years back,
                  and the rest of us who have come through the "school/college/uni" system,
                  just prove that the 'education experts' who gave themselves the right to decide what we should or should not learn and understand,
                  PROVE how we and our home planet Earth have all been shafted.

Some tubes WERE capable of generating electricity if used back-to-front in a circuit, but as soon as TPTB found this out they ensured that tube manufacturers complied with new 'improved' construction specifications for publicly available devices.

This is why today's 'valves', though maybe more reliable, do not, because they still cannot, perform as well as some tubes available 80 years ago.

Education is both a dumbing down via censorship, plus a mind closing through the requirement to gain grade passes in aspects which deliberately do not reveal the whole Truth about physically related fundamentals, this so that uncontrolled invention by genuine free thinkers can be suppressed.

I do not know what circuits are shown in other posts in this thread (I will look shortly) but citfta, I can assure you, you need to apply some positive mind-grid potential to self re-bias the presently negative cut-off which for so long has been limiting the throughput of your own mind.

I could tell you how it was done - but that would mean you don't work it out for yourself - and it is this aspect which is *most* important.
                  Moray generated this energy as well as Tesla. Maybe Moray was first ? Look at Moray's tubes - back-to-front !

Graham.

PS Keeley circuit link - No
                  Wikipedia link - not mentioned. (No surprise there!)
                  Last edited by GSM; 03-17-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

http://letsrollforums.com/tesla-pier....html?p=181507

a different discription

Comment

Hi tturner,

The link you provided is a much more likely scenario of what could have been done by Tesla. The only problem I see in his description is he has the voltage at the plate backwards. When the tube is fully turned on the voltage will be lowest at the plate and highest when the tube is turned off. This can still be used to control a motor or whatever as that method has been used for years. If you connect a high power source to one side of a motor and the other side of the motor to the plate of the tube, then you can control the motor with a signal on the grid of the tube providing the tube can carry the amount of current needed by the motor. Normally several tubes were connected in parallel to be able to carry enough current for a large motor. These were called thyratrons and most of them were made by GE. These are large industrial tubes and not the little tubes described in that silly circuits paper.

@GSM By your own admission you haven't even looked at the circuit we were discussing so your comments are totally without merit. And just for your information I am self taught in electronics and made my living working in the field for 50 years. Anyone can say "I know the secret, but I'm not going to share it because you need to discover it for yourself". All that proves is you know how to type.

Carroll
                      Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

To citfta.

No merit ? I checked every link on this this thread.
                        Did you not read my PostScript re the Keeley.net/Tesla circuit.
                        That is the only circuit I found, and No that was not the Tesla circuit.

You are self taught. So what ?
                        You must still have studied text books similar to those we have all read through the decades, and which DO NOT cover this more esoteric mode of tube operation !

Actually I had been trying to find the circuit, for it is on the net in outline form, but now I am sorry I typed anything at all. Awful !
                        Last edited by GSM; 03-17-2012, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Hi Bizzy,

There was quite the discussion in the "Tesla's Wireless Electricity Transmission" thread about Tesla's electric "1931 Pierce Arrow" automobile.

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...html#post47929

This is one thread that needs some more attention there's a lot of information within the topic.

Regard's,
                          Fuzzy
                          Open Source Experimentalist
                          Open Source Research and Development

Comment

links

GSM,

Here is the link tturner posted and asked about. Go to the bottom of the page and you will see the 2 silly circuits I was referring to. If you actually believe either one of those circuits can do anything then explain how that can happen.

I had already said in my first post I believed Tesla did probably have the car running on some power we don't understand. I only said this wasn't the way. Because I said that circuit didn't do anything you accused me of having a negative bias. I have been on this forum for a few years now and spent many hours and some amount of money on projects because I DO believe in a different form of energy than what we were taught.

Now it's your turn. Show us these tubes that were supposed to produce their own power.

My self taught education began with a correspondence course from the old Lee DeForest School of Radio and TV. Do you know who Lee DeForest was? He invented the triode vacuum Tube.

Carroll

Comment

You might want to take a look at the Pyrazo circuit in this thread which I just bumped : http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tion-info.html I really think this has the essence of what Tesla may have been doing in his Pierce Arrow.
                              There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Working...
                              X