Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizzy's Bedini Machine aka Watson Machine

Good evening
    I have been regularly posting the progress of my experiments on Electricity's Watson Machine thread. However several freinds here on the forum suggested that I start a different thread since I am the one who is still actually working on this project so here it goes...

Also it has been made very clear that John Bedini is the person who actually developed this type of machine first before Watson so I thought it only fitting that I call my machine a Bedini Machine instead. I have a great admiration for John and am truely in awe of his work.

Basically in this thread I am attempting to run a standard off the shelf motor with an alternator for a power source. Eventually it is my goal to have the alternator supply all the power required to the motor which actually drives itself.
    In theory this is helped along in two ways.

First of all the power to the motor is pulsed from what ever source is used. Once the momentum in a motor is started there is less power required to continue its movement. The transfer switch that I developed is timed to pulse once per revolution.
    Secondly a fly wheel is used on the shaft of the motor to store the power in momentum so that the motor continues forcefully spinning while the power is off during the pulsing cycle. The magnets and counter weights on the trigger wheel that triggers the transfer switch, acts as the weight of the flywheel to keep momentum.

One of the basic problems in this type of machine is that when a motor and alternator are hooked directly together, Lenz's law greatly slows down the alternator and decreases the current going into the motor.
    In my last video I demonstrate this

Transfer Switch.AVI - YouTube

When I attached a motor directly to an alternator there was a 507 rpm decrease in the alternator.
    However when I isolate the motor from the alternator using my transfer switch there is only a 277 rpm reducing in the alternator.

Since the last video I have made several improvements and am now able to run a motor from an alternator via the transfer switch with only a 90 rpm reduction in the alternator.

Transfer Switch part 2 - YouTube

This is achieved by a better matched switch and alternator capacitor. I have also added several diodes to help guide the currently properly. In addition I attached the positive side of the fly back diode directly to the switch capacitor. This uses the back emf from the motor to keep the switch capacitor charged more so that the alternator capacitor doesn't have to drain more current which would require the alternator to put out more current and thus slow down when having to charge the alternator capacitor more.

This is where I am at this point in my work. Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Bizzy
    Smile it doesn't hurt!

Jesus said,"...all things are possible through God." Mk10:27

Bizzy

Good to see you started your own thread for this. Have you tried putting a load on your alternator(s) to see what would happen ? I was wondering if you would
    get the same effect as in "the 3 battery generating system". That is if your
    RPM's would increase when a load is applied ?

George

Comment

Originally posted by FRC View Post
      Good to see you started your own thread for this. Have you tried putting a load on your alternator(s) to see what would happen ? I was wondering if you would

George
      Hi George
      So far the only load I have put on the alternators is the capacitor, which reduces the rpm s by 90. I haven't really been following the 3 battery thread that closely, but if you think it would increase the rpms I am all for it. I will start reading it today and see if it would work.
      thanks
      Bizzy
      Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

RPMs would increase when a load is applied ?

George
        Surely the $64,000 dollar question is what happens to the current when
        the load is applied.

Comment

Originally posted by wrtner View Post
          Surely the $64,000 dollar question is what happens to the current when
          the load is applied.
          Good morning
          If I am understanding your question (and please correct me if I am wrong) you are asking about the current from the back emf when the motor is engaged. If that is your question then the answer would be the back emf (current) is routed to the switching capacitor. This charges the switching capacitor so that it has to draw less power from the alternator capacitor. Since there is less power drawn from the alternator capacitor, the alternator has to work less to recharge the alternator capacitor.

After several of other tests I can finally conclude that simply charging a capacitor will put a drag on the alternator. If I run just the alternator with no capacitor then suddenly closed the circuit to hook up a capacitor, there is a significant slowing of the alterator as well as a drop in voltage while it fills up the capacitor. However Once the capacitor is filled the alternaor resumes its normal speed.

This can be seen on my last video.

Intially the alternator voltage is 20.4 When I engage the switch and motor the alternator voltage drops down to 16.X This is when the switch capacitor is first being charged. However once the intial charge is complete and the back emf can help charge the switch capacitor the voltage from the alternator goes back upto 17.1
          Let me know if that helps to answer your question.
          Thanks
          Bizzy
          Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Capacitor to capacitor transfer

Good afternoon
            Since I have switched threads I also wanted to point out that some were inquiring about the capacitor to capacitor transfer percentage.
            With 17 volts at the alternator capacitor and 15.3 volts the swicth capacitor I am getting 90% voltage transfer.
            However prior to sending the back emf to the switch capacitor I was getting 14.X volts in the switch capaictor which means there is actually only 82% of the volts being transfered to the switch capacitor from the alternator capacitor.

Bizzy
            Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

George
              Hi George
              I read alot of the 3 battery thread last night and tried putting a load on the alternator like Turion did...no gain rpm
              Bizzy
              Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Hi Bizzy

Are you using linear arrangement of magnets and coils in the alternator? or non linear?
                best,

Alvaro

Comment

Originally posted by alvarohn View Post
                  Are you using linear arrangement of magnets and coils in the alternator? or non linear?
                  best,

Alvaro
                  Hi Alvaro
                  I am using a "Star Configuration". I got the idea from Hugh Piggot Hugh Piggott's home page while I was working on windmills a few years ago.
                  I am in the process of adding still another alternator to my machine so I can do a small video describing the alternator better and how it is set up and hopefully describe it in more detail this weekend for you.
                  Bizzy
                  Last edited by Bizzy; 03-13-2012, 04:31 PM.
                  Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

non linear arrangement

I think that in 2010 convention dvd John Bedini says that the "energizer" should be with non linear arrangements of magnets and coils, not all coils passing magnets at the same time. to Create Asymmetry.

best,

Comment

Originally posted by alvarohn View Post
                      I think that in 2010 convention dvd John Bedini says that the "energizer" should be with non linear arrangements of magnets and coils, not all coils passing magnets at the same time. to Create Asymmetry.

best,
                      Hi Alvarohn,
                      In mine I use 8 (1"X2") magnets each with altering polarity S/N/S/N/S/N
                      And I use 6 coils of 14 gauge wire. Each coil is wound around a 1"X2" jig so that there are actuallt 12 coil bundles (2 bundles for each coil) for the magnets to pass over. So that there is only one magnet over a coil at any one time.
                      I didn't know the name until you mentioned it so yes mine are also non linear
                      Thanks
                      Bizzy
                      Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Don't forget that central pillars of Bedini's design are the flywheel
                        and that the pulse going to the motor must be out of phase with
                        the pulse coming from the energiser.
                        Paul-R

Comment

Bizzy,
                          From what I understand, the magnetic field of one device will interact and adversely affect the other device. A non conductive coupling device would help. A shield of some kind between the two might help, but turning the second device 90 degrees from the first should actually cause the magnetic field of one to assist the other. I know that's a pain in the butt design change, but I will look around to see what gearing I have that will do that. I know I have some somewhere!

Dave
                          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
                          —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

Originally posted by wrtner View Post
                            Don't forget that central pillars of Bedini's design are the flywheel
                            and that the pulse going to the motor must be out of phase with
                            the pulse coming from the energiser.
                            Paul-R
                            Hi Paul,
                            In those two cases I have it covered...
                            The trigger wheel and magnets act as a flywheel for the main shaft.
                            The switch and trigger magnets pulse the motor from the transfer capacitor when the energizer/alternator and the switch capacitor swicth capaitor are disconnected.
                            Bizzy
                            Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                              Bizzy,
                              From what I understand, the magnetic field of one device will interact and adversely affect the other device. A non conductive coupling device would help. A shield of some kind between the two might help, but turning the second device 90 degrees from the first should actually cause the magnetic field of one to assist the other. I know that's a pain in the butt design change, but I will look around to see what gearing I have that will do that. I know I have some somewhere!

Dave
                              Hi Dave,
                              When the switch is engaged it acts as an insulator between the alternator and the motor. What do you mean by "turning the second device 90%"?
                              Thanks
                              Bizzy
                              Last edited by Bizzy; 03-14-2012, 11:59 AM.
                              Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Working...
                              X