Sources of the Happiness Factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sources of the Happiness Factor

it is evident that we don't all enjoy the same level of happiness... and, in trying to explain why that was, someone who seemed to be an expert on the subject said that there are three factors that have influence on our level of happiness and these are:

Genetics = 50%
    Circumstantial = 10%
    Personal view on life = 40%

That sounds pretty accurate to me... however, I was wondering if you guys agreed with those numbers... or if you had an entirely different view on what influences our level of happiness...
    coaching online

To me, happiness is always dependent, 100% of the time, on your mental outlook. Genetics and outside stimuli shouldn't have anything to do with whether you are happy or not. Society dictates certain moods go hand in hand with given circumstances we might find ourselves in. We are supposed to be sad when someone close to us dies, for instance. I say "Bosh"! Bliss is, or should be, our normal state. If you are not happy, you are buying into the illusion. Let go of the illusion and eternal happiness will be your reward.
    My reality does not equal your reality, but my reality is neither > nor < your reality.
    http://www.intergate.com/~bsmutz/images/earth11.jpg

Comment

Working...
    X