Energetic Forum  
Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Delicious Digg Reddit WordPress StumbleUpon Tumblr Translate Addthis Aaron Murakami YouTube REGISTER NOW*** 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***


Monero XMR


Go Back   Energetic Forum > > >
   

John Bedini Discussion threads relating to John Bedini. Bedini SG, Bedini SSG, Crystal Batteries, etc...

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #661  
Old 02-12-2010, 01:27 AM
retrod retrod is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbignes5 View Post
Hey guys since I have been working on a new project I came across a few good ideas that might help you in your project.

This idea comes from putting two magnets together poles facing each other. This effect called splatter extends out the space in between two magnets when the same poles are squished together and held there. A 360 degree lines of force squirts out from the seam of two magnets pressed together that is highly compressed and looks like a pancake:
.........................s
.....................(mag1)
........------------------------- <-n
.....................(mag2)
.........................s
Looking down from above^

I know this diverges from your current setup but it might make the the satalites work better from farther and increase the speed and power of the satalites. You could stack them on the same axle one on each end and get a better ration of cogging from the main neo.

..............S(mag(N)mag)S
........................I
........................I
........................I
........................I
..............N(mag(S)mag)N
This is not oriented right but if you make it so the north field is 90 degrees from the south field then it should work. Also if you retard the degrees off a bit the field line would attract from top left to the south lower south pancake. Looking like a propellar. this could give you a mecahnical advantage seeing that a field comming from the main neo would be rounded and blunt and the field on the satalite would be a sharper propellar shaped giving more ability to push the stalite with more force but at a slightly slower speed.
It would be interesting to see what could be done with that or if I am correct about this idea....
@Jibnes5, this configuration reminds me of the Bedini Scalar Beamer. Makes me wonder if a properly configured beamer would exhibit SEC type effects at high rotational speeds??? I'll have to think about this one for awhile
Alt-Science

RD
__________________
 
Reply With Quote

Download SOLAR SECRETS by Peter Lindemann
Free - Get it now: Solar Secrets

  #662  
Old 02-12-2010, 01:41 AM
retrod retrod is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbignes5 View Post
Have you tried putting 4 coils around the shere and generating in parallel all 4 coils. That way your big mass will have coils generating from oposite sides and not pushing your 2 incher all over. Even more coils would help to keep it in place without having to use any other method to keep it in the middle. You could try pairs or a set of 3 coils to balance it as well when generating serious power. Taking the coils and moving them out some might lower the generation interferance or counter force associated with generating heavier loads. Maybe setting the coils to a 45 degree angle facing down might give you even more control of the super huge magnet you got. In effect, holding it down to the surface and centering it from the even pushback against the lines of force when the coil generates. this also would mean that you would have to make the generating coils very accurate and twin like or triplets if you will.
Using one generating coil on one side is a very dangerous thing with that big of a neo. Adding more generating coils from apposing sides should stablize that beast and allow you to see haw far you can generate with it. I would stay with pairs and add them till it becomes rock solid. You should be able to add coils in a full circle stacked right next to each other at a distance of about 1 foot or maybe farther and still generate like a banshee without killing it's orbits to much. The more points you add to the generating circuit, points=generating pairs, the more you can pull from it and have the Sphere stay stable.
It's time to add more coils. My original Idea was to have a ring of coils for the 45 degree marks from the neo. Looking from the side of you unit:

Top ring..............(\)............(/)
middle ring..........(-)...(neo)...(-)
Lower ring............(/)...........(\)
................................_____
Side view...................(drive)
...............................(coil...)

This way the rings act like a virtual ball bearing set around your huge neo. you could make it a three coil generation circuit I believe this way as pictured above each side being a set of 3 coils in series or paralell. With 6 coils per ring at even spaces in a circle, above and below being tighter or closer together. if it still interferes or has a cogging issue then just adjust the generation coils till you find the sweet spot. One suggestion to make here would be to make each coil set from one side mounted on wooden arms to make easier the adjusting of the distance of your coils from the neo. 1-4 feet should be enough to see if there is a break point of the generating coils feedback to the main neo. Meaning when the coils generate, since the reach of that monster is so huge that you could effectively generate without changing the speed of your main neo. I would suggest that maybe it is time to try the satalites out with that monster to see if you could have other neos around the big one that could generate and have less effect on the main neo.
That 2 inch neo should have quite the pole sweep. Cogging it with a 1 inch should prove that it is possible to chain these mags together and not have the satalite effect the main neo with a good amount of generation possible. Having a 1 inch around the 2 inch might be extreemly dangerous but start at 5 feet range and see if the 1 inch will spin with good force. When you try this it would be a good idea to enclose the 2 incher in a tube or open ended box for safety.
When using satalites the generation is from the satalites not from the main neo so the main neo will stray some. The suggestions to keep it there could be applied to the main neo for the satalite test.
@Jbignes5 some good ideas here. I had planned to continue my wotk with the large sphere when my hobby piggy bank allows. I have noticed the highest voltage gains from the spinning sphere are collected in a large vertical coil that crosses the top of the spining magnet (right through the 'e' in neo on your diagram). This is also the area of the magnet capable of spinning non magnetic metal materials shown in other videos. When you hold a magnet in your hand 5 or 6 feet away from the spinning magnet you realize there is more energy available then with using conventional coils.
So everyone play safe and I will rejoin the fun hopefully soon.

RD
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #663  
Old 02-28-2010, 07:46 PM
el-tigre's Avatar
el-tigre el-tigre is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 63
Homopolar one magnet Bedini Variation

Greetings and felicitations JonnyD and RetroDave, Lid and everyone.

I have had an idea but my apparatus is still packed away so I can't test it. I was hoping to convince one of you hardcore sphereists to give it a whirl (pun intended)

I hope I can explain it well enough without a drawing but if I am too obtuse, let me know and I will sketch up something.

In the most basic form, set up a one magnet sphere Bedini to run on top of a non magnetic plate of aluminum copper, carbon or stainless steel or some other non magnetic conductor. Attach the output side of your bifilar coil to the plate and run the other side of the coil to the top of the sphere where it lightly makes contact so the back emf spike actually pulses through the magnet and produces a homopolar motor drive impulse.

If my theory has any legs, the back emf pulse will directly drive the rotation of the magnet in addition to the primary pulse. After you find the sweet spot and fine tune it, the hypothesis is that you will need much less input power to drive the magnet due to the direct conversion of the feedback pulse into rotational energy. Using a sufficiently large neo sphere to preserve momentum, you may be able to place some pickup coils around it attached to jule thief circuits and loop their output back to the drive coil or supply capacitor to create a self runner circuit.

I hope somebody tries this one out just for the novelty.

Keep on spinnin...

El Tigre
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #664  
Old 03-01-2010, 02:29 AM
theremart's Avatar
theremart theremart is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,414
idea.. about motor..

Quote:
Originally Posted by el-tigre View Post
Greetings and felicitations JonnyD and RetroDave, Lid and everyone.

I have had an idea but my apparatus is still packed away so I can't test it. I was hoping to convince one of you hardcore sphereists to give it a whirl (pun intended)

I hope I can explain it well enough without a drawing but if I am too obtuse, let me know and I will sketch up something.

In the most basic form, set up a one magnet sphere Bedini to run on top of a non magnetic plate of aluminum copper, carbon or stainless steel or some other non magnetic conductor. Attach the output side of your bifilar coil to the plate and run the other side of the coil to the top of the sphere where it lightly makes contact so the back emf spike actually pulses through the magnet and produces a homopolar motor drive impulse.

If my theory has any legs, the back emf pulse will directly drive the rotation of the magnet in addition to the primary pulse. After you find the sweet spot and fine tune it, the hypothesis is that you will need much less input power to drive the magnet due to the direct conversion of the feedback pulse into rotational energy. Using a sufficiently large neo sphere to preserve momentum, you may be able to place some pickup coils around it attached to jule thief circuits and loop their output back to the drive coil or supply capacitor to create a self runner circuit.

I hope somebody tries this one out just for the novelty.

Keep on spinnin...

El Tigre
The trouble with this idea would be getting the magnet to stay still under contact of the wire. This may work with something like my VCR bearing setup that I have...

I think I understand what you are saying I have created a homopolar setup with a sphere it spun like a banchie. So what I am seeing you say we would get two bangs for the buck, one from the bedini kick and also one from the homopolar motor pushing the magnet. This should in theory have higher rpm than just spinning the magnet alone.

I see what you are getting at. I may try it out and see if I can get the homopolar motor working with my vcr bearing setup....

Thanks for sharing!
__________________
See my experiments here...
http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.
Reply With Quote
  #665  
Old 03-01-2010, 05:28 PM
el-tigre's Avatar
el-tigre el-tigre is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 63
Homopolar Bedini

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremart View Post
The trouble with this idea would be getting the magnet to stay still under contact of the wire. This may work with something like my VCR bearing setup that I have...

You can stabilize spheres quite a bit by slipping a 2mm steel washer under the plate they are spinning on, but yes, this may be the biggest problem. You may need some type of fine wire mesh (maybe a slot car brush or other type of cats wisker contact) to lightly brush the very top axis of the spinning sphere so as not to nudge it out of position.

I think I understand what you are saying I have created a homopolar setup with a sphere it spun like a banchie. So what I am seeing you say we would get two bangs for the buck, one from the bedini kick and also one from the homopolar motor pushing the magnet. This should in theory have higher rpm than just spinning the magnet alone.

Exactly so! or if not a higher rpm, perhaps reduced current draw from the primary for the same rpm.

I see what you are getting at. I may try it out and see if I can get the homopolar motor working with my vcr bearing setup....

I'm sure that would work to demo the concept and may be easier to set up the apparatus than a free spinning sphere. There will be lots of tweaking with this one for sure.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for your interest.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #666  
Old 03-02-2010, 03:49 AM
Lidmotor's Avatar
Lidmotor Lidmotor is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,011
Sewing machine bobbin Bedini

@ Jonny & All
I wound up a simple bifilar coil on a plastic sewing machine bobbin and it worked for a Bedini style pulse motor coil. Here is a video of it running on a little solar energy and spinning up a neo ring magnet rotor on a mirror.

YouTube - Bobin Bedini.ASF

Lidmotor
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #667  
Old 03-02-2010, 08:18 AM
jonnydavro jonnydavro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 379
@Lidmotor.Great motor. That bobin coil is the smallest Bedini coil i have seen and it seems to work great.
To spin the cylinder rotor which is a fair weight at 500uA is quite amazing and on incident light as well and as the power consumption is so low,the way you can power this motor are many and as you can run a load ie maggie,i wonder if maggie could charge a cap up and supplement the motor or run another bobin bedini and with an avramenko plug in a sec field ,this would spin for sure.Really nice Lid.Regards jonny.
@El-tigre.Great idea's you are coming out with and i think this may work with Marts setup.Keep the great ideas coming.Jonny.
__________________
 

Last edited by jonnydavro; 03-02-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #668  
Old 03-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Lidmotor's Avatar
Lidmotor Lidmotor is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,011
Wireless Bobin Bedini ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnydavro View Post
@Lidmotor.Great motor. That bobin coil is the smallest Bedini coil i have seen and it seems to work great.
To spin the cylinder rotor which is a fair weight at 500uA is quite amazing and on incident light as well and as the power consumption is so low,the way you can power this motor are many and as you can run a load ie maggie,i wonder if maggie could charge a cap up and supplement the motor or run another bobin bedini and with an avramenko plug in a sec field ,this would spin for sure.Really nice Lid.Regards jonny.
@El-tigre.Great idea's you are coming out with and i think this may work with Marts setup.Keep the great ideas coming.Jonny.
Thanks Jonny for that idea about running this off an AV plug in a SEC field. That should work. It should also work at the end of one wire off a SEC. That would be cool----have a SEC running and then run a long thin 30ga. wire 20 ft. away. Have this little pulse motor running at the end of the one wire ----and 'Maggie' lit up.

Lidmotor
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #669  
Old 03-02-2010, 10:04 PM
el-tigre's Avatar
el-tigre el-tigre is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 63
Feedback loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidmotor View Post
Thanks Jonny for that idea about running this off an AV plug in a SEC field. That should work. It should also work at the end of one wire off a SEC. That would be cool----have a SEC running and then run a long thin 30ga. wire 20 ft. away. Have this little pulse motor running at the end of the one wire ----and 'Maggie' lit up.

Lidmotor
Excellent demonstration Lid, very economical to run. Have you seen the adaptation developed by Sepiroth on the ssg thread. He came up with a choke coil added to the drive circuit and it cuts power consumption by 50% in regular bedini motors. I have tried it and almost any very small fine wire coil works as long as the resistance is not too high or too low. You will need to experiment to find the right match with your new rig. I have scrounged working choke coils off of scrap circuit boards microrelays etc.

Also, ss I mentioned above, why not try to feedback the power you get from your maggie or SEC coil directly back to the magnet in a homopolar configuration... It's very simple to set up a trial.

http://www.evilmadscientist.com/arti...HomopolarMotor

You may have to jack around with the polarity (maybe need to add a bridge to rectify the coil output) and the physical location of the wires etc. but I think it's worth a try with your ultra low power consumption - I think you are nearly there

good luck
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #670  
Old 03-03-2010, 12:33 AM
Lidmotor's Avatar
Lidmotor Lidmotor is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,011
Bobin Bedini running wirelessly off SEC 15

@ Jonny
I just had to try this and it worked. What was a BIG surprise was that an AV plug picked up energy all over the little motor circuit while it was running. I used the SEC tower arrangement to first transmit the power across space and then took the energy down one thin 30ga wire 9ft. away to run the motor. It was a very interesting experiment. Thanks for suggesting it. Here is the video of it:

YouTube - Bobin Bedini--Run wirelessly by SEC 15.ASF

@el-tigre
I am familiar with the homopolar motor but I don't think that it will work here because of the polarity of the magnet. The homopolar motors that I have built had the poles at the ends. On these one magnet no bearing motors the poles are on the sides. Maybe we can figure out a way to still make it work.

Lidmotor
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #671  
Old 03-03-2010, 03:16 AM
el-tigre's Avatar
el-tigre el-tigre is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidmotor View Post
@ Jonny
I just had to try this and it worked. What was a BIG surprise was that an AV plug picked up energy all over the little motor circuit while it was running. I used the SEC tower arrangement to first transmit the power across space and then took the energy down one thin 30ga wire 9ft. away to run the motor. It was a very interesting experiment. Thanks for suggesting it. Here is the video of it:

YouTube - Bobin Bedini--Run wirelessly by SEC 15.ASF

@el-tigre
I am familiar with the homopolar motor but I don't think that it will work here because of the polarity of the magnet. The homopolar motors that I have built had the poles at the ends. On these one magnet no bearing motors the poles are on the sides. Maybe we can figure out a way to still make it work.

Lidmotor
Hey Lid,

Theremart tells us he got a homopolar sphere to run well so I think the idea has some legs. Maybe the connection wires need to be on the top and bottom of your neo, 90` away from the diametrically opposed poles. A conductor plate underneath is the easy part (How about a bismuth plate to give a little lift to your neo) but the top wire will be more of a challenge.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #672  
Old 03-03-2010, 08:23 AM
jonnydavro jonnydavro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 379
@Lidmotor.Great vid.I think you would have tried this anyway
The vid shows some interesting things.The first is the transmision of energy down one wire over distance.This reminds me of the good points of AC and bad points of DC with the latter not really transportable over long distances.This bodes well for SEC energy one wire systems.
Also the motor seems unaffected by the energy all over the Bedini coil but it maybe worth checking with your scope,just in case you are getting a boost from the sec energy when the transistor fire's.
A third winding on the coil maybe good for collecting the sec energy on the bedini coil and you may benefit from induction at the same time.
Your motor and Dadhav's window motor are the only seriously sub 1mA motors i have seen and i can see you having lots of fun with this one. Many thanks.Jonny.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #673  
Old 03-04-2010, 03:10 AM
Lidmotor's Avatar
Lidmotor Lidmotor is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,011
Bobin Bedini & the famous glass of water

@ Jonny & All
I had to try this thing with the glass of water and the SEC. It ran on the energy coming out of the water. Amazing!!!

YouTube - Bobin Bedini & A glass of water.ASF

Lidmotor
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #674  
Old 03-04-2010, 04:32 PM
area46241 area46241 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 46
I wonder if....

I wonder if the energy could be sent through the wall to another room even though there is sixty/fifty hertz alternating at a lower frequency and use the household wiring
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #675  
Old 03-06-2010, 04:52 AM
CosmicFarmer's Avatar
CosmicFarmer CosmicFarmer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 315
Jeff Cook Effect

I think the Jeff Cook effect has some promise. It is stated that the wire does not even have to be continuous, you can have breaks and stuff. So, if you wound a bifilar with ferrous wire and got it to oscillate, do you think the JC effect would work with or against us?
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #676  
Old 03-12-2010, 04:16 AM
Lidmotor's Avatar
Lidmotor Lidmotor is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,011
Partial magnetic levitation

@ Jonny and all
I decided to go back and try partial magnetic levitation on my little 'Bobin' motor. Jonny I remember that you did this some time ago and after watching Skycollection's and Scooterscottii's setup, I just had to try it.
Here is the video of it:

YouTube - Mag - Lev Bobin Motor.ASF

Lidmotor
__________________
 

Last edited by Lidmotor; 03-12-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #677  
Old 03-12-2010, 07:12 AM
marxist marxist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 181
Hi Lidmotor
fantastic motor(s). Thanks for the video.

PS: The youtube user's name is scooterscottii (double "i")
his channel: YouTube - scooterscottii's Channel
his first motor vid: YouTube - MAG-LEV BEDINI motor #1
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #678  
Old 03-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Lidmotor's Avatar
Lidmotor Lidmotor is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,011
Scooterscottii

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxist View Post
Hi Lidmotor
fantastic motor(s). Thanks for the video.

PS: The youtube user's name is scooterscottii (double "i")
his channel: YouTube - scooterscottii's Channel
his first motor vid: YouTube - MAG-LEV BEDINI motor #1
Thanks for the info and spelling check. It was really Scotterscottii's videos on this mag-lev approach that pushed me to try this. Skycollection has a beautiful motor that he just got up and running. Somewhere on Youtube is a video of a solar powered one of these designs where the rotor has small solar cells and coils on it and magnets are fixed.

Lidmotor

P.S. I found the video of the solar powered version. They are called "Mendocino" motors and there are a bunch of videos of different designs on Youtube. This one I really liked because it is shown running on indoor lighting.
YouTube - Solar Powered Levitating Mendocino Motor
__________________
 

Last edited by Lidmotor; 03-12-2010 at 04:52 PM. Reason: found video
Reply With Quote
  #679  
Old 03-12-2010, 09:32 PM
jonnydavro jonnydavro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 379
@Lidmotor.Hi.Great vid and motor.I really like the way you used a magnetic pivot point instead of the lift magnets.Accidental finds are great when it leads to something new and efficient .
I must admit,I too have recently been captivated by skycollections and also scooterscottii's levitating motors and i believe skycollection has his fully levitating now with headstock magnets and i am astounded by Jorges build quality and ingenuity.
Regarding my own motor.I have it running with near zero friction by using a double magnet configuration for each lift magnet.This has the effect of wanting to keep the rotor lift magnet inbetween the base levitating magnets so the pressure on the headstocks is minimal.I enclose a pic to show what i mean.The other side of the motor is identical.
Hope you get rid of that cold soon Lid.It sounds like a bad one.Nice work once again.Jonny.

__________________
 

Last edited by jonnydavro; 03-12-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #680  
Old 03-13-2010, 10:55 PM
el-tigre's Avatar
el-tigre el-tigre is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 63
Very interesting disk generator for your motors

Hey Lid & Jonny,

I came across the concept of the Faraday disk generator...

Homopolar generator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

which you can likely just buy a slice of copper bar or some large copper washers or a copper plumbing pipe end cap etc. to fabricate in no time. The very interesting thing about it is this...

"If the magnetic field is provided by a permanent magnet, the generator works regardless of whether the magnet is fixed to the stator or rotates with the disc. Before the discovery of the electron and the Lorentz force law, the phenomenon was inexplicable and was known as the Faraday paradox."

Lid, with your ultralow power consumption, you might be able to feed the output of this special generator right back in to the drive coil to self power. Alternately, you can feed the power directly to your levitating support magnet for use as an auxilliary homopolar drive for the system boosting efficiency once again... (you might try feeding the back emf to this magnet as a separate experiment anyway!!)

entertaining stuff this....
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #681  
Old 03-14-2010, 02:11 AM
Lidmotor's Avatar
Lidmotor Lidmotor is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,011
Faraday disk generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by el-tigre View Post
Hey Lid & Jonny,

I came across the concept of the Faraday disk generator...

Homopolar generator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

which you can likely just buy a slice of copper bar or some large copper washers or a copper plumbing pipe end cap etc. to fabricate in no time. The very interesting thing about it is this...

"If the magnetic field is provided by a permanent magnet, the generator works regardless of whether the magnet is fixed to the stator or rotates with the disc. Before the discovery of the electron and the Lorentz force law, the phenomenon was inexplicable and was known as the Faraday paradox."

Lid, with your ultralow power consumption, you might be able to feed the output of this special generator right back in to the drive coil to self power. Alternately, you can feed the power directly to your levitating support magnet for use as an auxilliary homopolar drive for the system boosting efficiency once again... (you might try feeding the back emf to this magnet as a separate experiment anyway!!)

entertaining stuff this....
@el-tigre---Thanks for the info on that Faraday disk generator. It might be fun to build a little one just to see how they work. I don't know if that can be used in the pulse motors we are building but maybe.

@Jonny---I worked all day on this mag-lev thing and got it to the point that I finally mounted it on a board. The little bobbin motors will spin the rotor so fast that 'Maggie' can drive another bobbin motor or even run an exciter.
Neat stuff!!

Lidmotor
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #682  
Old 03-14-2010, 02:45 AM
theremart's Avatar
theremart theremart is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,414
Awesome video..

Nikola Tesla - The Genius Who Lit the World

Check out 16:52.... This is one of Tesla's experiments. reminded me of this thread.
__________________
See my experiments here...
http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.
Reply With Quote
  #683  
Old 03-14-2010, 07:37 PM
el-tigre's Avatar
el-tigre el-tigre is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 63
integrated generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidmotor View Post
@el-tigre---Thanks for the info on that Faraday disk generator. It might be fun to build a little one just to see how they work. I don't know if that can be used in the pulse motors we are building but maybe.

@Jonny---I worked all day on this mag-lev thing and got it to the point that I finally mounted it on a board. The little bobbin motors will spin the rotor so fast that 'Maggie' can drive another bobbin motor or even run an exciter.
Neat stuff!!

Lidmotor
Hey Lid,

What I'm thinking is to add a small Faraday disk right on the same shaft as your levitating motor near your drive magnet and viola, it's built

Wow, if you can drive another motor from your output now, then you may be able to capture it to a cap instead and drive the primary from that after your spin the system up to speed with a battery you disconnect at full rpm... very cool. At least you will be able to reduce your primary power consumption by another step towards cop >1.. Keep going
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #684  
Old 03-14-2010, 11:46 PM
jonnydavro jonnydavro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 379
@El-tigre.Thanks for posting about the Faraday disk generator.I will have a think about how it could be implemented as it requires two electrical contacts.The centre one is easy but the outer one may take a bit more thought as friction has to be avoided.Any ideas?Jonny.
@Lidmotor.Looks like you are reaping the rewards of the friction you have lost by going the maglev routeBeing able to run a 2nd motor of the first is quite an achievement and i would love to see a vid of that
I wonder if you could run a third motor of the 2nd or maybe loop some of the output.Great work.Jonny.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #685  
Old 03-15-2010, 12:41 AM
el-tigre's Avatar
el-tigre el-tigre is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 63
Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnydavro View Post
@El-tigre.Thanks for posting about the Faraday disk generator.I will have a think about how it could be implemented as it requires two electrical contacts.The centre one is easy but the outer one may take a bit more thought as friction has to be avoided.Any ideas?Jonny.
Maybe a slot car brush or a small scale electric train motor brush. The fine mesh makes for a decent electrical pickup if held with an adjustable stand to just barely make contact on the surface. For the more adventurous, a drop of mercury will conduct continuously while rolling along the surface without much friction at all. (Careful handling free mercury, some other conductive liquid may be a less toxic choice)

I still think the best bet would be to use your levitating shaft magnet as a homopolar motor powered from your coil pickup or secondary bifilar coil output...

You already have the homopolar motor built and installed, just run some power wires to it and record results...

Keep spinnin Jonny, I wish I could conduct my own experiments but I have to wait to set up my lab again due to house sale moving delays. http://www.energeticforum.com/images/smilies/mad.gif
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #686  
Old 03-15-2010, 03:00 AM
Lidmotor's Avatar
Lidmotor Lidmotor is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,011
Mag-Lev Bobin Motor ----Running an Exciter

@All
I made a video of the little Mag-Lev motor running a Slayer Exciter. This has been a fun little project. I will probably be working more with the Exciter circuits now for awhile.

YouTube - Mag-Lev Bobin motor running a Slayer Exciter.ASF

@ el-tigre
All of my efforts to move the energy back into the motor and close the loop have failed. The only way my system seems to work is to let my little 'Maggie' run free and do her own thing----either light up her eyes or let her play with some other toy and expend her energy that way

Cheers,

Lidmotor
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #687  
Old 03-15-2010, 06:14 PM
el-tigre's Avatar
el-tigre el-tigre is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 63
closing the loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidmotor View Post
@All

@ el-tigre
All of my efforts to move the energy back into the motor and close the loop have failed. The only way my system seems to work is to let my little 'Maggie' run free and do her own thing----either light up her eyes or let her play with some other toy and expend her energy that way

Cheers,

Lidmotor
Interesting... Can you elaborate a bit on what you tried so we can track the direction of your research. Since you can use the juice on another bobbin bedini, maybe this might work... put another drive magnet on your shaft and another bobbin under that and you will have 2 inputs on the same shaft?? More than one way to skin this cat
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #688  
Old 03-15-2010, 07:34 PM
synchro synchro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 366
Homopolar Over Drive.

The Homopolar motor is described as being extremely inefficent in all the literature. It is actually just a direct short!
__________________
 

Last edited by synchro; 03-15-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #689  
Old 03-16-2010, 12:43 AM
el-tigre's Avatar
el-tigre el-tigre is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 63
Dual path drive discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro View Post
The Homopolar motor is described as being extremely inefficent in all the literature. It is actually just a direct short!
Not all the literature Synchro, they are currently being evaluated by the US Navy because of their high efficiency and high power to volume ratio,

http://talkelab.ucsd.edu/~bart/Publi...ushwear-ae.pdf ... A study of the brush/rotor interface of a homopolar motor using ...
by B Raeymaekers - 2008 - Related articles
Homopolar motors have been proposed as an alternative means of propulsion for ships and submarines due to their high efficiency, high power to volume ratio,


A direct short off the back emf coil through a homopolar motor may not be an issue with this kind of drive, high voltage may be desirable in this case. More experimentation definitely required, too early to dismiss it as a possibility yet I think.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #690  
Old 03-16-2010, 03:02 AM
Lidmotor's Avatar
Lidmotor Lidmotor is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,011
Plugging something back into itself doesn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by el-tigre View Post
Interesting... Can you elaborate a bit on what you tried so we can track the direction of your research. Since you can use the juice on another bobbin bedini, maybe this might work... put another drive magnet on your shaft and another bobbin under that and you will have 2 inputs on the same shaft?? More than one way to skin this cat
Well basically all I tried to do was just plug the energy straight back into the motor and if you think about it ---that will never work. It sounds like a great idea but it just doesn't work.

Lidmotor
__________________
 

Last edited by Lidmotor; 03-16-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Please consider supporting Energetic Forum with a voluntary monthly subscription.

For One-Time Donations, use admin@ this domain > energeticforum.com

Choose your voluntary subscription

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v1.4.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2007-2015 Copyright - Energetic Forum - All Rights Reserved

Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

Tesla Chargers