• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thrilling

I absolutely love Mike Palazzola’s video where he shows what’s happening
    with his microscope. Those chains appear seemingly out of nothing and oh
    boy how they respond to his magnet. Those little slugs almost look alive as
    their little tails follow as they twist and turn. It would be nice to know what
    relationship those slugs have with the magnet, do they work like little compasses
    or is there another scenario? Then when he takes his magnet out of range the
    little chains just dissolve into the background.

Comment

Across

I came across this from 1912. They were pretty well advanced back then so
      in the intervening century they ought to have got things well tested. The electron theory of magnetism - IDEALS @ Illinois
      PDFhttps://www.ideals.illinois.edu › handle

Comment

Oh dear.

Looks as if the ferrocell guys have fizzled out!

Comment

Nose.

Having been really fascinated by the ferrocell images for the last few years
          I thought that at last a result would come. It hasn’t.
          The poor old ferrocell community can barely see a couple of feet boyond
          their noses.
          The thing is I couldn’t believe all the vortexes and intertal planes people
          see didn’t mess up all the technology that’s used.
          All I can do is Google and I didn’t know what to look for but I put in the
          word Magnetometer.
          Looks like there’s all sorts, question is, does a ferrocell beat ‘em all?

Comment

Wiki.

The basic principle that allows the device to operate is the fact that a caesium atom can exist in any of nine energy levels, which can be informally thought of as the placement of electron atomic orbitals around the atomic nucleus. When a caesium atom within the chamber encounters a photon from the lamp, it is excited to a higher energy state, emits a photon and falls to an indeterminate lower energy state. The caesium atom is "sensitive" to the photons from the lamp in three of its nine energy states, and therefore, assuming a closed system, all the atoms eventually fall into a state in which all the photons from the lamp pass through unhindered and are measured by the photon detector. At this point, the sample (or population) is said to be polarized and ready for measurement to take place. This process is done continuously during operation. This theoretically perfect magnetometer is now functional and so can begin to make measurements.

Comment

Detector.

The new sensor, developed by NIST physicist John Kitching, consists of a laser, a cell containing vaporized metal atoms, and a light detector. When the metal atoms are illuminated by the laser, they align such that they don’t absorb any of the light. The presence of even a very weak magnetic field, however, disrupts their alignment, and they absorb some of the light. This change is recorded by the detector.

Comment

Understand

This seems to be important as far as the case for ferrocell goes.Magnetic anisotropy is the directional dependence of a material's magnetic properties. The magnetic moment of magnetically anisotropic materials will tend to align with an easy axis, which is an energetically favorable direction of spontaneous magnetization. The two opposite directions along an easy axis are usually equivalent, and the actual direction of magnetization can be along either of them (see spontaneous symmetry breaking).

Comment

http://www.energeticforum.com/attach...1&d=1529305223
                  Attached Files

Comment

Magneto receptor

Cryptochrome.

Comment

Good find.

https://youtu.be/Mqo86FvLADY

Comment

Come on you guys.

https://youtu.be/hCY0w_3tOUs

Come on you ferrocell guys, break free from a tiny round thing with
                        multiple LEDs and look at the bigger picture.
                        Do something more scientific than a gimmick, you don't need loads
                        of lines on a postage stamp size.
                        Look at how far a tiny magnet's effect reaches. What's needed is a
                        super size lens, the smallest magnet that works and a single light
                        source.
                        What I'm seeing from bigger lenses is a series of concentric
                        circles and if they were "filled in" you'd end up with a flattened
                        cone like you see with Mike Palazzola's latest offering (viewed pole end on).
                        John.

Comment

violation

n 2011 the OPERA Collaboration published (in a non-peer reviewed arXiv preprint) the results of neutrino measurements, according to which neutrinos are slightly traveling faster than light.[165] The neutrinos apparently arrived early by ~60 ns. The standard deviation was 6σ, clearly beyond the 5σ limit necessary for a significant result. However, in 2012 it was found that this result was due to measurement errors. The end result was consistent with the speed of light,[166] see Faster-than-light neutrino anomaly.

In 2010, MINOS reported differences between the disappearance (and thus the masses) of neutrinos and antineutrinos at the 2.3 sigma level. This would violate CPT symmetry and Lorentz symmetry.[167][168][169] However, in 2011 MINOS updated their antineutrino results, reporting that the difference is not as great as initially expected, after evaluating further data.[170] In 2012, they published a paper in which they reported that the difference is now removed.[171]

In 2007, the MAGIC Collaboration published a paper, in which they claimed a possible energy dependence of the speed of photons from the galaxy Markarian 501. They admitted, that also a possible energy-dependent emission effect could have cause this result as well.[50][172] However, the MAGIC result was superseded by the substantially more precise measurements of the Fermi-LAT group, which couldn't find any effect even beyond the Planck energy.[47] For details, see section Dispersion.

In 1997, Nodland & Ralston claimed to have found a rotation of the polarization plane of light coming from distant radio galaxies. This would indicate an anisotropy of space.[173][174][175] This attracted some interest in the media. However, some criticisms immediately appeared, which disputed the interpretation of the data, and who alluded to errors in the publication.[176][177][178][179][180][181][182] More recent studies have not found any evidence for this effect (see section on Birefringence).

Search for Lorentz violation.

Comment

From Wiki Lorentz.

http://www.energeticforum.com/attach...1&d=1530387810
                            Attached Files

Comment

See how.

http://www.energeticforum.com/attach...1&d=1530443214

See how it wants to make a CIRCLE!
                              John.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Too long.

Well it’s taking me too long to come to a conclusion.
                                I think what would settle the argument for me is if someone out there could
                                show me the field lines of a bar rmagnet derived from theoretical means.
                                ie. the plot of calculations.
                                If that turned out very similar to iron filings the ferrocell idea must be some
                                sort of violation-some sort of anomolus behaviour as when water freezes.
                                There’s a huge amount in past studies done on magnetite dating back to
                                1840’s or earlier. Trouble is I’m no scientist and can’t understand all the
                                language used in these papers.
                                John.

Comment

Working...
                                X