Water Fuel Cell video schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill

Thanks for the advice! I have already ordered the variac and should be receiving it within a day or two.
    Are you getting similar amounts of gas as Aaron with only 6.996 Watts and simply using the setup in your posting above!?

When you say you have used 34.98V, does that mean you have adjusted your variac to only output 34.98V or how did you measure it?
    How many winds on your choke and what gauge wire did you use?
    What's the size of your tubes and gap between inner and outer?
    Last edited by passion1; 08-15-2007, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Conditioning Circuit

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      Aaron
      This is nuts, I added a blocking diode between the FWBR & the choke now the Current statius is E=34.62, I =0.3I for a P of 10.386 ! The Egas flow is still increasing. The choke i'm using is the primary side of a 120 volt E core Trans.
      So the flow sheet is 120 Mains - one 24uF, 330 Volt AC motor Cap(one leg of mains) - FWBR - 1600uF smoothing electro cap across the DC side of the FWBR. Then a 1N4007 diode - Choke - amp meter - Anode - then Cathode straight back to the FWBR.
      34.98 E @ 0.2 I = 6.996 Watts !!!! Nuts

Thanks
      Bill

Thanks for the material sources folks.

Bill is this the circuit that you are currently using?:
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, Kenny what u have Drawn looks correct.

Bill

Comment

Yes the gas gas production is equal to or greater than Aarons vid. I have been working the electrolysier game for several years now and never produce this much gas with this little wattage.
          Choke is a primary side of a old 120 volt E core transformer. Will get the ohmage of it for you later.
          Tube size 1" anode, 7/8" cathode Approx 1/32" clearance between ID and OD
          Will get Pic's latter to day.
          I put this together from stuff (juck)i had just laying around to get and idea of how the CKT would work.

Hope this helps
          Bill

Comment

Passion1
            The E reading is across the cell, Anode to Cathode. i am using no variac at this time. The I is control by the cap in the mains. I used Rain water for the Diaelectric and the reaction (electro) started out real slow as expected but gas production increased and still seems to be increasing.
            Have to get back to work now but will write more this evening
            Bill

Comment

Bill

Thank you for the info!
              Though you read a potential difference of 35V across the cell, aren't you effectively using 110V as input?
              In other words, should one not maybe calculate the total power consumption as 110V x 0.2 A = 22W?
              Anyway, even 22W would still be a good figure!
              Can't wait to see your pics!
              Last edited by passion1; 08-15-2007, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by passion1 View Post
                Bill

Thank you for the info!
                Though you read a potential difference of 35V across the cell, aren't you effectively using 110V as input?
                In other words, should one not maybe calculate the total power consumption as 110V x 0.2 A = 22W?
                Anyway, even 22W would still be a good figure!
                Can't wait to see your pics!
                Well Actually u are totally correct, except if looked at that way the open circuit E is 166.3 due to the smoothing cap, i guess. I went and got a different meter because i could not get an accurate line E, Just rechecked and the open E is 121.1. The open CKT with the Smoothing cap is 166.3
                When attached to the Cell the E is 38.8. Amps running the same @ 0.2 I
                So if the Open CKT E is 166.3 then the actual P is 33.26 watts.
                Dam why did'nt i think of that !!
                Sorry for all the bad readings guy's

Bill

Comment

Worst than I thought !

I placed a 1 ohm 10 watt resistor in the CKT between the Cathode and the Negative. Will i measured a 0.507 voltage drop across the resistor. This being the case 166.3 open E X 0.507 E drop = 84.3141 watts Right???? Dam

Well back to the drawing board

Bill

Comment

BACKEMF Watch out

As most everyone knows, just this for the few beginners who may not realize:

If you pulse a inductor coil with high voltage, the back emf from the coil can be many, many times higher in voltage, even though brief in time. So a pulse of even 120 dc can have a back emf pulse of up to 600 volts, YES it can beginners, I have overheated and blown up capacitors, voltage supplies and mosfets and _________ fill in the blank here during my years testing cicruits, as the rest of you experienced have.

So the point is, overrate your blocking diode in voltage by 4-6 x at least !!

Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by kenny_PPM View Post

If you pulse a inductor coil with high voltage, the back emf from the coil can be many, many times higher in voltage, even though brief in time. So a pulse of even 120 dc can have a back emf pulse of up to 600 volts, YES it can beginners, I have overheated and blown up capacitors, voltage supplies and mosfets and _________ fill in the blank here during my years testing cicruits, as the rest of you experienced have.

Kenny
                      YEP YEP YEP

Thanks Kenny
                      Bill

Comment

Changed CKT

OK After my last blunder I hope i get this one correct
                        I have changed the CKT by adding Two more 24uF in searies to reduce the current even more. I also replace the transformer choke with a 475 uH air coil. The spec is 140 turns of # 26 AWG on a PVC 2" dia tube. Now I do even see the the amp gauge even move, but still have great Egas flow off the tubes. I have not done quanitative measurement yet, but appears to be about the same.
                        Input E open 166.3
                        Across the 1 Ohm Resis = 335.5 mV or 335.5 mA
                        So This = 55.79 watts
                        Must be a bad amp gauge ?
                        Still working this
                        Any suggestions welcome other than go home Bill would be great.

Regards
                        Bill

Comment

Bill

Thanks for the updated info.
                          55Watts is not bad if you have LOTS of gas!
                          So the questions really is, how much gas are you producing in terms of liters per minute?
                          I am looking forward to Aaron giving us some more guidance how to bring down our overall power consumption!

Kenny

Thanks for the warning on back EMF!
                          Last edited by passion1; 08-16-2007, 07:43 AM.

Comment

extra diode

Bill, I forgot to add that to the drawing but I had an extra diode maybe 1n4001??? between the bridge and inductor.

Aaron
                            This is nuts, I added a blocking diode between the FWBR & the choke now the Current statius is E=34.62, I =0.3I for a P of 10.386 ! The Egas flow is still increasing. The choke i'm using is the primary side of a 120 volt E core Trans.
                            So the flow sheet is 120 Mains - one 24uF, 330 Volt AC motor Cap(one leg of mains) - FWBR - 1600uF smoothing electro cap across the DC side of the FWBR. Then a 1N4007 diode - Choke - amp meter - Anode - then Cathode straight back to the FWBR.
                            34.98 E @ 0.2 I = 6.996 Watts !!!! Nuts

Thanks
                            Bill
                            Sincerely,
                            Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                            Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                            RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

more measurement

also, the watts X seconds is joules of actual work going into the cell and that has to be X by the duty cycle that the pulse is on. how to calculate joules in work the gas gives for COP readings? more difficult but can get pretty dang accurate on the input side at least.

Well Actually u are totally correct, except if looked at that way the open circuit E is 166.3 due to the smoothing cap, i guess. I went and got a different meter because i could not get an accurate line E, Just rechecked and the open E is 121.1. The open CKT with the Smoothing cap is 166.3
                              When attached to the Cell the E is 38.8. Amps running the same @ 0.2 I
                              So if the Open CKT E is 166.3 then the actual P is 33.26 watts.
                              Dam why did'nt i think of that !!
                              Sorry for all the bad readings guy's

Bill
                              Sincerely,
                              Aaron Murakami

Comment

high voltage spike

and the collapsed high voltage spike from the inductor moves towards the cell since it can't go back to the power supply so the water gets that

Would you say that is accurate Kenny?

Originally posted by kenny_PPM View Post

Kenny
                                Sincerely,
                                Aaron Murakami

Comment

Working...
                                X