Discussion. Best way to use heat from HHO to generate electricity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by powerme View Post
    Elementary Treatsie in Electricity and Magnetism, a better defined version for the lay man available Free on google books.

by George Carey Foster, Jules François Joubert, Edmund Atkinson
    Longmans, Green, and co., 1896 - Science - 576 pages

Make time to read this book, it's the only way to knowing the truth. Then make your own devices to harvest and transform energy.
    Thank you for the information. I will be sure to read it!

-Altrez

Comment

Thanks Powerme

plain tap water if all thats needed. water molecules cools the engine, oil lubrication not needed.
      I got some ammonia and will try heating zinc glass Mason jar covers with a
      torch.

FRC

Comment

Originally posted by FRC View Post
        I got some ammonia and will try heating zinc glass Mason jar covers with a
        torch.

FRC
        if I am not mistaken, canning jars comes with steel lid with thin zinc coating.

why not just buy zinc oxide powder?.

I have seen them on ebay for $5/lb as recent as yesterday.

Comment

Ceiler ring

Ceiler ring. The jars I am refering to have a glass top with rubber ring and a zinc collar that screws around the top. Maybe they don't make them anymore.
          Got lots of old ones here. Don't want to wait for Ebay. Will get the real stuff eventually.

FRC

Comment

Originally posted by FRC View Post
            Ceiler ring. The jars I am refering to have a glass top with rubber ring and a zinc collar that screws around the top. Maybe they don't make them anymore.
            Got lots of old ones here. Don't want to wait for Ebay. Will get the real stuff eventually.

FRC
            great, keep us posted on your progress.

I've been hunting for tin but seems real hard to find around here, you got any laying around over there?.

Comment

Tin

Actually, now that you mention tin, I think it is scarce these days. I have not seen it for quite a while now. There might be some in the back shed here, but
              I am in Canada.

FRC

Comment

Hi Powerme, great info!

I have a few questions:

- Is this kind of HHO also suitable to light a torch? and/or is the mist above the water explosive?

- Can u use any crystal? ( I have a piece of black tourmaline)

- I have seen 20 Khz and 30 Khz foggers, does that make a difference?

Regards

C'man
                Last edited by Cherryman; 02-12-2011, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Hey will this work?

Zinc Oxide Powder ZnO - 1 lb. + 30% extra bonus on eBay!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by altrez View Post
                    that should work

this is a smaller particle powder that will dissolve easier
                    Zinc Oxide Powder 1 lb. with FREE SHIPPING - eBay (item 120567402690 end time Mar-04-11 13:46:39 PST)

thats a good vendor, i also buy from them NaOH food grade for my sea water extractions.

Comment

I just found a book by J.C. Maxwell on Henry Cavendish's Electrical Experiments.

Amazing, I must say he was profecient in Mathematic and his discoveries were centuries ahead of his time.

The life of the Hon. Henry Cavendish by Geroge Wilson, 1851 is an excellent Biography.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherryman View Post
                        Hi Powerme, great info!

I have a few questions:

- Is this kind of HHO also suitable to light a torch? and/or is the mist above the water explosive?

- Can u use any crystal? ( I have a piece of black tourmaline)

- I have seen 20 Khz and 30 Khz foggers, does that make a difference?

Regards

C'man
                        the transducer primarily produces atomize water and I just add ZnO crystals to harvest the ultrasonic waves that would otherwise be wasted as heat, the crystals generates HHO, effeciency ?. All I know is that it produces enough to make the gasous mixture combustible by spark within the ICE.

It may not be suitable for constant flame, I am working on different electrodes for HHO electrolysis as I found stainless steel to be the worst material due to high restivity.

Comment

that should work

Zinc Oxide Powder 1 lb. with FREE SHIPPING - eBay (item 120567402690 end time Mar-04-11 13:46:39 PST)

thats a good vendor, i also buy from them NaOH food grade for my sea water extractions.
                          Thank you!

-Altrez

Comment

Thank you!

-Altrez
                            what was the outcome of your Zn oxidation?

I am able to isolate Zinc from scrap metal with electrical induction, but the process is a bit complicate. The recovered zinc, I am able to reduce them to oxide form easily at temo above 1000F.

Comment

that should work

Ok I got some on the way "Your order is complete!" Now to make the crystals I can just mix household ammonia with the Zinc and let it sit in a cool dark place until the ammonia evaporates and I should have some good crystals? is that correct?

Thank you!

-Altrez

Comment

Ok I got some on the way "Your order is complete!" Now to make the crystals I can just mix household ammonia with the Zinc and let it sit in a cool dark place until the ammonia evaporates and I should have some good crystals? is that correct?

Thank you!

-Altrez
                                you will end up with ZnCl(OH) if you use ammonia chloride.

Best to buy ammonia hydroxide as that is the form that I used.

Comment

Working...
                                X