No announcement yet.

Discussion. Best way to use heat from HHO to generate electricity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can not edit, lack this privilege so I'll just add more notes.

on making crystals, if you have a hard time dissolving ZnO powder in ammonium, then turn on heat and heat solution upto 60 deg C.

place your hot boiling flask inside a bowl before freezing incase it breaks from thermal shock.

Comment

• Originally posted by bugler View Post
      You have no idea how excited I am about all this.

This friday I will finish my last exam and I will start growing the crystals (at least I will try) and research the rest of the parts.

By the way, could you post some ebay ads (or any other webiste selling foggers) with foggers so we know exactly what you are talking about.

Thanks.
      Here is a link and a picture of one.

E-119 700 Watt Fog Machine W/Remote
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by FRC View Post

make sure it's a piezoelectric machine that uses piezo transducers. what you need is fine atomize water fog and ultrasonic waves, the crystals will harvest surplus waves to make HHO.

there are many different types of fogging machine, some are heat element.

Comment

• some fogger comes with buoy, this will be very useful for auto shutoff when water level is low.

it is best for you to get a small 1 piezo fogger to learn on while making your crystals, then buy a large unit to be able to run large gensets or custom build your own.

Comment

• Wrong Fogger!

Originally posted by FRC View Post

Watch out! This one is a heater with special fluids. That is the wrong Fogger !

You need the ultrasonic ones as Powerme stated.
            As this ones:

Wholesale ultrasonic transducer-The humidifier

Last edited by Cherryman; 02-15-2011, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cherryman View Post
              Watch out! This one is a heater with special fluids. That is the wrong Fogger !

You need the ultrasonic ones as Powerme stated.
              As this ones:

Wholesale ultrasonic transducer-The humidifier

thanks cherry, this piezo fogger is a big one, easily able to run 6kwh genset.
              their power consumption is much lower thn conventional fogger, but we can improve it more.

Comment

• Will this work for a small test.

Ultrasonic Mist Maker Fogger Water Fountain Pond 12 LED - eBay (item 120684911420 end time Mar-15-11 23:09:56 PDT)

-Altrez

Comment

• yes, that will be good for testing.

i got one too without the led.

Comment

• Originally posted by powerme View Post
                    reflux condenser if available.

Put your flask of cold solution in the water bath and set up reflux condenser with water tube, if you don't have one then just cap your flask tightly and turn on heat. Allow solution to heat up to 60 degrees C, maintain 60 deg C temperature for 2 hours, crystals will grow during this time.

Let solution cool to room temperature, Filter solution and recover crystals.[/I]
                    I no what a reflux condenser is, but i have never used one. I thought they where to collect the condensation from whatever you where heating. In this case, are the crystals formed form the condensate?

Condenser (laboratory) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                    Coil reflux condenser: 24/40, 400mm Premium lab glass on eBay!

Comment

• please can you clarrify

Originally posted by powerme View Post
                      the crystals efficiency is around 15% for regular water but since we are atomizing water into much finer molecules, our efficiency is much greater.
                      i have read through this thread about 3 times now just to double check i read correctly and have not misinterpreted anything.I do not wish to appear negative but i am still unsure on the following:
                      1/ if this piezoelectric effect is only 15% / 18% efficient then how is this a better process than straight electrolysis at 70% efficiency for producing a HHO / water vapour mix?
                      2/ you state that you are able to start your generator on gasoline then lean it back untill the engine is running using only the HHO/water vapour. You have not said this but are you supplying more power input in the form of ultrasonic transducers to produce the HHO than the generator would be able to produce. Do you have a closed system?

Comment

• Originally posted by james west View Post
                        i have read through this thread about 3 times now just to double check i read correctly and have not misinterpreted anything.I do not wish to appear negative but i am still unsure on the following:
                        1/ if this piezoelectric effect is only 15% / 18% efficient then how is this a better process than straight electrolysis at 70% efficiency for producing a HHO / water vapour mix?
                        2/ you state that you are able to start your generator on gasoline then lean it back untill the engine is running using only the HHO/water vapour. You have not said this but are you supplying more power input in the form of ultrasonic transducers to produce the HHO than the generator would be able to produce. Do you have a closed system?
                        Hello,

My understanding of the piezoelectrochemical effect is that it uses the environment "Sound" to create hydrogen with out the need for the classical brute-force electrolysis method.

So you are using sound to create water mist that can be ignited by a spark. Once you add the crystals you also get HHO production without adding anymore energy in to the system.

So it makes the system very efficient if it works. I have not grow any crystals as of yet so I am not sure if that part works or not. But there are lots of papers on the subject that support the idea.

As of right now I am not sure anyone has replicated the system that powerme has shared with us. I have built the chamber and have an open test ready to go once I get the crystals ready.

-Altrez

Comment

• Originally posted by Roland View Post
                          I no what a reflux condenser is, but i have never used one. I thought they where to collect the condensation from whatever you where heating. In this case, are the crystals formed form the condensate?

It is my understanding that the condenser is not really needed. The crystals form in the solution that is in the bottom flask. You can also use a condenser to allow the presure and fumes to escape in a safe way for venting. For exmaple your glass can explode easly under pressure after heating the crystal mixture.

-Altrez

Comment

• Sorry about the typo's above. For some reason I can not edit my post.

-Altrez

Comment

• Originally posted by Roland View Post

the condensor can be used for many purpose.

in this case, it is to contain the solution by boiling it in its own vapor, while the outside water jacket cools the vessel as to avoid excess pressure build up.

ammonium hydroxide boils at about 36 deg C, we are using 35% content.

Comment

• Originally posted by altrez View Post
                                It is my understanding that the condenser is not really needed. The crystals form in the solution that is in the bottom flask. You can also use a condenser to allow the presure and fumes to escape in a safe way for venting. For exmaple your glass can explode easly under pressure after heating the crystal mixture.

-Altrez
                                i think it may be best to use a condenser so we won't have nasty accidents.

Comment

Working...
                                X