Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update

Good afternoon
    This past weekend I was able to get my test motor to 3100 rpms while my alternator ran at 749 rpms!!!. I am waiting for a new wound field motor with a higher rpm rating to arrive this weekend. After the motor is installed and I run a few tests I hope to be able to run the alternator directly from the main motor for an even longer period of time.

I also hope to down load the alternator video (which is already made)as well as a video of the main motor running the alternator.
    Bizzy
    Last edited by Bizzy; 04-02-2012, 04:56 PM.
    Smile it doesn't hurt!

Jesus said,"...all things are possible through God." Mk10:27

Comment

RPM drop

Good afternoon again
      I should also mention that the alternator started out at 789 rpms and dropped to only 749 which is only a decrease of 40 rpms when the switch and test motor is engaged.
      Bizzy
      Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Progress

Good morning Everyone
        It has been quite a long time since I have posted. No... I was not abducted by aliens nor have I moved to Switzerland yet (we'll have to wait and see what happens in November)

We have been very busy planting our garden and making wine. And my daughter's high school graduation party is today( woo hoo my child support is cut in half )I have also been busy making a solar food dehydrator for my wife

I also have some news to report on my Bedini Machine. This morning while doing some testing I was able to have my machine self run (with no outside power source) for almost five hours before it started loosing power slowly. It was very exciting!!
        I think the big prblem is that I have a capacitor across the motor that is acting like a snubber and eliminating the back emf from the motor, which I would normally feed into the the battery at the switch. So I now I am working to isolate that capacitor from the flyback diode and the motor. Any suggetions how to do that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day
        Bizzy
        Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Hello

Hi Bizzy,
          I read this thread and "electricity's watson machine" thread.
          First I would like to congradulate you on your work so far
          A few questions if you(or anybody else) have time, It was mentioned that to dump charge back to the battery that is running the system it can't be at the same time as drawing power to run the system??
          Also your switch Is of great interest ,you are collecting back emf from motor or generator or both???
          What exactly is the process that is taking place??
          Have you tried to incorporate shorting the coils of your pmg to increase output??
          I'm currently shorting the coils on my pmg ,which is driven by a auto rad-fan,but if I can collect the back emf it might be added to the overall output
          I have a mechanical switch that runs off the dead battery in the "3BGS".This is just random shorting of the coils.
          shylo

Comment

Originally posted by shylo View Post
            Hi Bizzy,
            A few questions if you(or anybody else) have time, It was mentioned that to dump charge back to the battery that is running the system it can't be at the same time as drawing power to run the system??
            Also your switch Is of great interest ,you are collecting back emf from motor or generator or both???
            Have you tried to incorporate shorting the coils of your pmg to increase output??
            I'm currently shorting the coils on my pmg ,which is driven by a auto rad-fan,but if I can collect the back emf it might be added to the overall output
            I have a mechanical switch that runs off the dead battery in the "3BGS".This is just random shorting of the coils.
            shylo
            Hi shylo
            As to your first question you really shouldn't try to power the system at the same time the battery is charged. At that point Lenz's Law takes over and the system slows down. So the idea is to alternate. When the battery is charging it is not powering the motor. When it is powering the motor the battery is not charging similar to the way described on this site

Zero Point Energy - John Bedini Energizers 1 - MDG 2007

As to your other question I am collecting the back emf from the motor. I have tried shorting out the coils but to no success.

Also I think I may have come up with a solution to my question I just posted. The capacitor I mentioned I was having problems with was across the motor in parrallel. The solution I am going to try puts the capacitor in parrallel to the circuit but before the motor and not across it. I will let you know if it works

Thats again for your encouragement and support on my project.

I also hope to have an updated video in a few weeks as well.
            Thanks
            Bizzy
            Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Hi Bizzy,
              shylo
              Hi Shylo
              I apologize I didn't answer all of your questions and it is the perhaps the most important one. "what is exactly taking place?" by this I am guessing you meant what is taking place with the switch...
              It is a switch with an independant battery/capacitor and has three positions.

1st postion is when the switch is in contact with the alternator and the switch battery/capaictor is being charged by the alternator. This is also when the back emf is being dumped into the battery/capaitor from the motor for additional charging

2nd postion is when the switch and its battery/capacitor is not in contact with any other component

3rd position is when the switch and its battery/capacitor is in contact with the motor and its capacitor. This is when the motor is pulsed

Recently I have been working on reducing the amount of time the switch stays in the 2nd position without hurting its work at the other too positions. This helped me to improve amperage to the motor. I feel I have acheived the opitmum timing

Let me know if that explains it better and answers your question.
              thanks
              Bizzy
              Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

the switch

Hi Bizzy,
                No need to apologize,and thank-you for answering.
                In the Bendini link there is the diagram of the switch control ,is this the same as what you are using? I noticed in your video #2 that you said you added some form of control to your generator, to work with switching?
                Is it an electronic or mechanical switch?
                Also in the other thread there was a hand drawn schematic could you re-post it here ,I think it was your switch?
                Am fairly new to all this and I have very little electronics skills, but I think this switch is what I'm looking for to make my project work.
                Thank-you for your time.
                shylo

Comment

Hi Bizzy,
                  No need to apologize,and thank-you for answering.
                  In the Bendini link there is the diagram of the switch control ,is this the same as what you are using? I noticed in your video #2 that you said you added some form of control to your generator, to work with switching?
                  Is it an electronic or mechanical switch?
                  Also in the other thread there was a hand drawn schematic could you re-post it here ,I think it was your switch?
                  Am fairly new to all this and I have very little electronics skills, but I think this switch is what I'm looking for to make my project work.
                  Thank-you for your time.
                  shylo
                  Hi Shylo
                  Yes the control I am working on is the switch. It is mechanical and uses magnets to switch on and off. I thought i was actually done and was ready to show it a few months ago when I had a wire fail on the unit so I had to replace that, but in so doing I also made some changes which I think actually prevents future wire fatigue (I hope).

It is in the same place as in the Diagram of Bedini's although the only actual working diagram I saw was of a comutator on the shaft. I tried that breifly but it made so much noice my wife made me take it off (That is the reason why Mr Tesla never had a Mrs Tesla ) But yes it is the same place same principle and same function as in Bedini's diagram.

If you look at my videos you will see the trigger disc mounted onto the shaft. At the end of the trigger disc are maget sets that trigger the switch on and off and set intervals. When the magnets pass over the magnet on the switch; the switch is in position #1 and the switch battery/capacitor is charged by the alternator and back emf
                  When the magnets continue and move away from the switch it allows the switch to fall hence position #2
                  At which time the switch makes contact with the lower contact and is in position#3 whereas it is powering the motor
                  The cycle repeats itself twice per revolution however I am still working on adjusting that so that may change.

The schematic i have on the previous thread is an out dated one. I will draw an updated one and post it here. I have made some exciting changes over the summer. Like I mentioned before we have been very busy with our gardens and wine making plus we are getting ready for the midevil faires in our area, but i promise to post that diagram either today or tomorrow.
                  Bizzy
                  Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Shylo's Bedini Machine

Hi Shylo
                    By the way we would enjoy seeing pictures or video of the unit you are building. It may actually help me and others as well. Good luck with it

Bizzy
                    Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Transfer switch updated circuit

Good morning
                      As promised here is the latest circuit for my transfer switch. Although I am still tweeking it so this may change soon
                      Let me know what you think. Constructive criticism from people like you who are much more knowledgable is very usefull.
                      Thanks
                      Bizzy
                      Attached Files
                      Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

to be clear

Hi Bizzy,
                        So are you charging the 24volt cap at 2F ,to 24 volts and dumping into the battery, then switching, letting it recharge ,and then dumping into the motor as a form of pulsed drive? Obiviously the re-charge rate of the cap would be instantanious?
                        By shorting the coils on your generator (at the right time would increase your out-put)
                        There is a pic of my switch in the 3BGS thread,it's just the rotor out of an old treadmill motor, but I ground out groves to fill with mar-glass, to create a break.It's strange how the placement of the wires on the rotor, can make bigger spikes than others. I think there is alot of fine tuning that could be done.
                        shylo

Comment

I think I have it working!!!

Good evening Everyone.
                          I had to share this with you. I think I finally have it working!!!
                          I have to do more testing but I honestly think I have ity working!!!

Tonight after we watered the gardens I went in the basement to tinker and have my tea. I was testing my latest circuit configuration. When I engaged the main motor to be powered solely off of the alternator

I was getting 381 rpms 11.9 volts at the alternator 10.4 volts at the switch and only 6.5 volts at the motor

After tens minutes when I would ususally get even a slight decrease in speed and or power I was now getting 417 rpms 13.6 volts at the alternator 12.3 to 13.4 volts at the switch and 7.7 to 8 volts at the motor.

It is still consistantly running at that speed and voltage for the last two hours. It is too soon to tell but this is very promising and exciting. I may have to make my video sooner than expected to share with everone.
                          There could still be an unexpected surprise I haven't seen yet but from what I can see now it is running properly and showing no signs of reducing either voltage or rpms....

Thanks to all my freinds here on the forum you have all been hugely supportive, but a special thanks go out to Mark, Jim, Rick, Paul Carroll, Aaron, George and of course John Bedini.

And of course thanks to God Almighty father of Jesus and creator or heaven and earth who makes the wise foolish and foolish wise

Wow in case you can't tell I am excited.

merci vielmals

Bizzy
                          Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Great

I am very happy for you Bizzy. It sounds like you are really close or maybe even there! I know you have worked very hard on this for a long time now so it is wonderful to see it work so well. Please keep us informed as to how long it goes and if you need any help just ask.

Carroll
                            Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Looking forward to your next video
                              shylo

Comment

Hi Bizzy,
                                So are you charging the 24volt cap at 2F ,to 24 volts and dumping into the battery, then switching, letting it recharge ,and then dumping into the motor as a form of pulsed drive? Obiviously the re-charge rate of the cap would be instantanious?
                                By shorting the coils on your generator (at the right time would increase your out-put)
                                There is a pic of my switch in the 3BGS thread,it's just the rotor out of an old treadmill motor, but I ground out groves to fill with mar-glass, to create a break.It's strange how the placement of the wires on the rotor, can make bigger spikes than others. I think there is alot of fine tuning that could be done.
                                shylo
                                Hi shylo
                                Again I apologigze for not responding last evening when I was on line. I just had to post my findings...
                                The alternator caps are both rated at 24 volts and are in series which gives me a total voltage capacity of 48. I won't need that size but my alternator can put out 30 volts so I thought I should have the voltage capacity availble if needed. Initially when I start up my machine I let it run upto only 26 volts. Why 26? I dont know it just works
                                When the test motor is engaged the voltage at the alternator drops to around 16 ish and slows the alternator to about 500 to 600 rpm.
                                If you look at my voltage drops while the main motor is running from 13.6 volts at the alternator 12.3 to 13.4 volts at the switch and 7.7 to 8 volts at the motor. you can see there is a gradual decrease in voltage as the power moves alone the machine. Initially I was usuing just capacitors at the switch but I wasn't able to gather all of the back emf and the battery was too slow to keep up with the switch to run the motor which is why I started using the battery/capacitor at the switch. It gives me speed and power at the same time.
                                I have tried shorting the coils before with no success. And as I continue my experiments I will still try that. I am wondering if my system is to simple for that kind of circuitry.
                                I was following the 3BGS thread but I got busy with other projects since that is such a popular and large thread could you post a link to this thread. I will still look for your pictures in the meantime.
                                Finally although I may have honestly built what I set out to build I agree totally there is much fine tuning to do on my machine.
                                Bizzy
                                Last edited by Bizzy; 06-27-2012, 10:26 AM.
                                Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Working...
                                X