• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Renaissance Prizes offered to encourage Energy experimenters

New Renaissance Prizes
    Dr. Steven Jones
    Emeritus Professor of Physics
    Three Golden-Eagle gold coins to be given,
    And up to 120 Silver-Eagle coins. By me.

1. Silver Eagle prize for allowing FREE lab-test:
    First, your tests indicate that your build has more output power than input power -- and has output power of at least 1Watt on a load, and you will allow me to test/verify it . (“Black box” is OK, if you wish; you don’t have to tell me what’s inside, as long as there are no hidden batteries or capacitors). Do your best and submit your entry for me to look at: EMdevice12@yahoo.com
    Once OK’ed, I will also pay shipping both ways. Results announced on forums; details of your device ONLY released WHEN you approve. No galvanic batteries or "borrowing" from the electric-power grid, please!

2. Gold Eagle (see photo below) prize if your device truly shows more Pout than Pin in my FREE tests, and you agree to seek to make the device available to mankind worldwide quickly. (With a fair profit to the builder, that’s fine and I’ll even help!)

3. A self-running device that also powers a load at over 30W will receive an additional Gold Eagle coin, the Double-Gold-Eagle prize!

Total value today, spot prices alone:

Gold $1,754.38/ounce X 3 = $5263.14 Silver $34.13/ounce X 120 = $4095.60. Total: $9,358.74.

These coins come from my father who passed away two years ago, an electronics engineer who would – I am sure – favor this use of the inheritance. I realize that I can’t build and test all the good ideas myself (although I keep experimenting!), but I can help others by using my training and experience to do PhD-level testing – and then assist in getting the product out the door to families everywhere. That’s my goal. The "contest" ends when either ALL THREE of the Gold Eagles are awarded, OR all 120 Silver Eagles are awarded.

Questions or suggestions? Let me know!

Background.
    My website: Dr. Steven E. Jones

When I read about Dr. Henry Moray’s self-running electricity-generating device, I was intrigued. Then I read about tests done by physicist Harvey Fletcher on it and became quite convinced – Dr. Fletcher wrote:
    "The device was contained in a small wooden box... which I, personally, inspected... The electrical load...consisted of 12 clear 75 Watt 100 Volt light bulbs and a 500 Watt electric flat iron... I did not know how the device functioned and I do not know today, but I do know that it did function for the several hours of time that I observed it. I could discern no batteries, and could observe no other known methods of inducing electric power into the box or its loads."

I have jumped in and seen some “anomalous power effects” myself, but not claiming OU yet in my builds… (See, for example, my thread here: PhysicsProf Steven E. Jones circuit shows 8x overunity ? and here: Rigor without Rancor in the Search for Novel Energy Sources ) I’m excited about the world-wide community hacking away at this problem… and I would like to provide encouragement and help where possible.

A “New Renaissance”? Catch the vision!

Galileo’s pioneering experiments – along with others -- lead to a Renaissance, a renewal of society and of the human spirit. We live in exciting times – “end times” some would say. I believe that we also live in the “times of refreshing” spoken of by Peter (Acts 3:19). With all the protests and upheavals going on there is also a prospect of “refreshing” or “renaissance” – a “New Renaissance” is quite possible with a clean, inexpensive energy invention. A source of electrical power that will make individuals and families independent of fossil fuels will have revolutionary impact -- a new Renaissance!

The first step is to see an “unconventional generator” like Moray’s actually work and be reproducible. But a crucial second phase lies in getting this out to people without having it stomped on. (We could discuss why Big Oil and Big Government might prefer to keep up the status-quo oil/tax profits rather than allowing people to produce power in their own homes and electric cars… Some of you know what happened to Dr. Moray’s device.)

Time is short and the need of humanity is great for a compact, non-polluting power source. Many face debilitating economic depression, while the globalist big-oil companies continue to reak in outrageous profits. Do they really want to see 5kWatt-scale devices that use no fossil fuels in individual homes and cars? I’ll let you answer that one.

The New Renaissance prizes are offered to those who think they have a working OU device and would like a quick verification, and who are willing to seriously endeavor to get the device out to humanity rather than selling out to “the powers that be.”

TIMING
    Let’s all have a wonderful Christmas and New Year – with OU completely confirmed ASAP .
    To be frank, I have a seminar-talk on 9 March 2012 at a large university and I would REALLY like to award a Gold Eagle prize or two before then! Here is the abstract for my talk:
    Alternative Energy: History and Prospects
    Steven E. Jones
    Emeritus Professor of Physics

Physicist Harvey Fletcher at age 94 wrote a notarized affidavit affirming that he had examined a device invented by Henry Moray of Salt Lake City:
    "The device was contained in a small wooden box... which I, personally, inspected... The electrical load...consisted of 12 clear 75 Watt 100 Volt light bulbs and a 500 Watt electric flat iron... I did not know how the device functioned and I do not know today, but I do know that it did function for the several hours of time that I observed it. I could discern no batteries, and could observe no other known methods of inducing electric power into the box or its loads."
    What is this mysterious device and what happened to it and the inventor? Are there others like it today?

Throughout my career as a physicist, I have sought for alternative energy sources for mankind.
    My principle conclusions on metal-catalyzed ("cold") fusion have been experimentally validated just as discoveries of our team regarding muon-catalyzed fusion were replicated and verified. However, those fusion yields are currently too small to have practical application for power generation. Twenty years ago, I developed a Solar Funnel Cooker and offered it free to all, including hundreds of working models which I sent throughout the world. That invention certainly works. But the class of Moray devices intrigues me more...
    Please email me to discuss your proposed device entry: emdevice12@yahoo.com . Let’s empower the people of our planet (rather than the super-wealthy) and start a New Renaissance!

Thanks!

Example devices that could be entered -- if your build meets the criteria for at least the Silver Eagle prize (some I’ve been working on, too):
    Thane Heins' BiTT and variants; Gabriel device. Steve Mark TPU. Hendershot Device. Dr. Henry Moray Device. Alfred Hubbard Device. Hans Coler Device. Daniel McFarland Cook Coil. AVEC –type Device. Magnacoaster-type. Kapandaze device. Edwin Gray device. Don Smith/ Zilano device. Electret device. Stubblefield coils. Turtur transformer. Testakita machine. 'Rotoverters'.
    Bedini device. Brown's resonant battery. Seiko 'G-Strain' Amplifier. Monopole Mobius coil. Joule Thief / sj1 - style circuits. Robert Adams device. Muller/Romero device. Tesla-Brandt /Matt Jones switches. Rossi's E-Cat. Floyd 'Sparky' Sweet's device. Jim Watson device. Peter Daysh Davey device. John Searle device. Dr Stiffler device. Joseph Longo's Plasma Converter.
    Thanks to Deep Cut (Gary) for making a list (which I’ve edited).

Summary: Three 1-ounce Golden Eagle coins and up to 120 1-oz Silver Eagle prizes are hereby offered, to encourage inventors and builders to join me in the pursuit of “New Renaissance” energy to EM-power the good folks of our planet.
    Last edited by PhysicsProf; 12-12-2012, 11:00 PM.

There is an experimenter who emailed me who agrees with me regarding the importance of seeking to benefit mankind with a device rather than selling out. It is not enough to find a working OU device -- we must also consider how to best serve humanity with this invention.

I will be looking at his build -- but I will withhold details until he gives approval.

I'm confident fair returns will follow to the builder who is willing to see his invention benefit humanity rather than selling out to Big Oil or GE...
    Last edited by PhysicsProf; 11-06-2011, 04:54 AM.

Comment

I’m active on several forums as well as getting PMs regarding the concept of a New Renaissance and the New Renaissance Prizes. Some general responses follow:

I’m a lay leader in my local church and I will be honest and tell you what I find about your device and help you all I can to get it out to PEOPLE. (If your main interest is in MONEY, please reconsider and search your heart regarding greed before you proceed).

At my home electronics bench I currently employ:
      Two DSO Oscilloscopes (including one that can MULTIPLY V(t) and I(t) to give the POWER waveform), several DMM’s including a Keithley, clamp-on meters, and three Kill-o-Watt meters, a DC power supply and a Variac. I have done some calorimetry also – which may be the ultimate way to prove high efficiency (power output that is actually measured, over power input).

Since these prizes are to encourage a device that will go out rather freely to bless mankind, I would sign only a non-disclosure agreement with a limited time period. Open source during this testing is preferred.

I would strongly discourage seeking patents. When Henry Moray sought a patent, his device was actually clobbered by an agent sent by the government (Felix Frazer). There are stories of other devices receiving a stamp of “Classified” – “do not discuss” under threat of jail-time. We must be wise about these matters and not assume that “they” will help us in our quest for non-fossil-fuel energy sources.

Furthermore, any OU device will almost certainly evolve very rapidly to new and exciting products that would circumvent even the best patents. There is a better way to proceed. Here are some brief suggestions regarding how to proceed from working OU device –TO- getting this device into homes of individuals and families QUICKLY.

1. A device is developed in public forums (open source) or privately, to the point where the device produces more actual/measured power out than power in, i.e., OU.

2. The easier to obtain necessary components and build the device, the better. Clearly, some devices are much more complicated than others -- such as the RomeroUK device compared to a Thane Heins transformer.

3. The device should be replicated and thoroughly tested and built by individuals in several countries, while we back off from details in public forums for a while. Non-exclusive licenses with principal inventors may be appropriate, with royalties to go to the inventors and detailed plans to trusted builders.

4. On an agreed-upon date, a simultaneous announcement is made by device-builders around the globe, and concerted efforts are made to get into local media. At this point, the “genie is out of the bottle” and hopefully the innovation will not be stoppable by opposing “powers that be.”

5. Distributed manufacture continues. Devices are demonstrated and sold (as “research devices” if needed to avoid regulatory constraints) at a fair profit, with royalties flowing to the inventors.

6. At some point, Chinese companies will probably jump in and grab the new technology, and make them cheaper… to everyone’s benefit hopefully, in the end.

So, first we develop the “anomalous” power generator, but then we must proceed cautiously/wisely to “EM-power the people” without having the device stomped down to the ground by the “powers that be.”

Please not the following relevant upcoming colloquium at a large university:
      Physics & Astronomy - Colloquium Details

Comment

Originally posted by PhysicsProf View Post

6. At some point, Chinese companies will probably jump in and grab the new technology, and make them cheaper… to everyone’s benefit hopefully, in the end.

yea right , people dont buy this BS

wojsciech

Comment

Hi and PhysicProf btw.

I did followed your Work on the JT and found it very interesting, even when it did not complete convince me, but its a interresting Arrangement. Also i hope Sterling will come over about the Infos about a Decive, what he did visit, and he mentioned that you can build it cheap close only from Junk Parts
          Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Joit View Post
            Hi and PhysicProf btw.

I did followed your Work on the JT and found it very interesting, even when it did not complete convince me, but its a interresting Arrangement. Also i hope Sterling will come over about the Infos about a Decive, what he did visit, and he mentioned that you can build it cheap close only from Junk Parts
            Thanks for the warm welcom, Joit. I'm glad you followed the work on the JT. Now I'm working on a Gabriel-type transformer in my little laboratory at home.

Agreed also that Sterling may return with interesting information -- especially if the device can be built cheaply and by many in the world-wide FE community!

Comment

There is an experimenter who emailed me who agrees with me regarding the importance of seeking to benefit mankind with a device rather than selling out. It is not enough to find a working OU device -- we must also consider how to best serve humanity with this invention.

I will be looking at his build -- but I will withhold details until he gives approval.

I'm confident fair returns will follow to the builder who is willing to see his invention benefit humanity rather than selling out to Big Oil or GE...
              As to a persons' intent; how can we truley know? I am currently building my OU device which is already mathematically proven to work. Noone whom has seen the theorum backed by the math has been able to refute it even if they didn't understand it. The ones that did understand realized that the english language is very subjective and can be bent to revile or immortalize but math is solid-state. It can't be beguilded or persuaded; it is what it is. Once they stopped argiung the laws of thermodynamics and started arguing whether the parts existed or not and started arguing whether or not it was possible to create the proper transfer I had already won. If you care to see it; it is open to view on this website. Before Christmas I will be done so If you live near california you are welcome to see it. I will make sure its up and running long before I ever bother you with making the trip. If you have any questions let me know. I take your challenge but not for the paltry gold or silver.
              ,Shawn

Comment

I for one will root for you Shawn

Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnnweed View Post
                  As to a persons' intent; how can we truley know? I am currently building my OU device which is already mathematically proven to work. Noone whom has seen the theorum backed by the math has been able to refute it even if they didn't understand it. The ones that did understand realized that the english language is very subjective and can be bent to revile or immortalize but math is solid-state. It can't be beguilded or persuaded; it is what it is. Once they stopped argiung the laws of thermodynamics and started arguing whether the parts existed or not and started arguing whether or not it was possible to create the proper transfer I had already won.

If you care to see it; it is open to view on this website. Before Christmas I will be done so If you live near california you are welcome to see it. I will make sure its up and running long before I ever bother you with making the trip. If you have any questions let me know. I take your challenge but not for the paltry gold or silver.
                  ,Shawn
                  Glad to hear from you, Shawn -- and I wish you success in this endeavor! I join MonsieurM in wishing you well.

I think its awesome, that you are making such progress. I would love to see it; hope we can stay in touch as I'm not THAT far from California.

Comment

Hi and

If you truly are Professor Steven E Jones then I am delighted and honored to speak to you. As soon as I confirm that it is you I will be delighted to pass on the technology but I am not sure how I can do that

I will email your official site and await a response

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
                      Hi and

If you truly are Professor Steven E Jones then I am delighted and honored to speak to you. As soon as I confirm that it is you I will be delighted to pass on the technology but I am not sure how I can do that

I will email your official site and await a response

Mike
                      Good to hear from you MBrownn, also via direct email to which I responded. It's me, and I wish you all the best with your invention!

Comment

In in !

I've followed your research too Prof, the good, the bad, the intriguing ways with which people have viewed your drives and ambitions.
                        The chance of a prize is a fantastic carrot to lead us forward even stronger, or should that be carat.

Of course, a true humanitarian would do this without the gold incentive...but none of us live in fritter economies nowadays !
                        In such a light, your gesture and whole idea is something to fully support and I hope to see this thread forward the true objectives.

Perhaps now is the time to at least roll out a phrase: The Dawn Of A New Way

Comment

Better Idea.

I would like to propose a better idea.

Instead of trying to lure out real "free energy" devices, we could rather nominate some one or more, who we feel could really use this money. It would also be a good indication that your agenda is pure.
                          ‎"It's all in the MIND"

Comment

1. A device is developed in public forums (open source) or privately, to the point where the device produces more actual/measured power out than power in, i.e., OU.

I think what we need is a well equipped, reliable team to develop an OU device. It takes too long and hard for any individual to theorize, make the circuit, have require equipments and do measurement and testing all by himself. A team in private would move much faster and avoid technical discussion in public which could cause more confusion. A working device is not enough, we need revisions and simplification to aid replications. We need to combine our resources and knowledge to get through this.

Comment

Good to hear from you MBrownn, also via direct email to which I responded. It's me, and I wish you all the best with your invention!
                              Thanks for the response, It is a pleasure and an honor to work with you.

My threads relating to the Lockridge device are as follows

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post143009

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...-circuits.html

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ath-motor.html

Imhotep's Lab Interactive FAQ - View topic - The lockridge device

Imhotep's Lab Interactive FAQ - View topic - Rotary attraction motor

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ath-motor.html

If you read these threads from the beginning you will see how my ideas have evolved but my latest work is not posted as yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X