Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news, please check your e-mail.

Comment

Glad to work with you, Shawn, and with the novel energy community -- what a group!

OK, I've listened to the community's feedback and I'm making a big change in the “prizes” (post #1 above). I've sold one of the golden Eagles and a bunch of the silver Eagles and with that cash (remember its from my alt-energy-loving father) I'm going to support active novel-energy research. In fact, I've had proposals coming my way already and so It has begun. Here it is in a nutshell:

1. Turns out support is going to several places already, and I'm happy to send grants to Washington state, California, Phillipines, Utah, Oklahoma...

2. Grants are running around $300 or so and I wish I could do more. Perhaps someday...

3. One recipient emailed as follows:

Hi Steven,*

THANK YOU !
      I must say, the belief you are showing in myself and in the community is a wonderful thing. We know there are undisclosed energy sources and we are finding them (perhaps for a second time or more in history)...so this is a quest to find, not only a hope of finding.
      Your generosity is greatly appreciated and I fully intend to upgrade, replace and enhance future experiments with the grant.
      4. If you will send me a brief proposal of energy research you'd like to do (or are doing), and how you seek to help humanity with it – then I will consider it fairly and see what I can do. Send by December 10th please, and I'll reply a few days after that. Written -- great; or video or however you wish.

5. You may know someone who is perhaps too “shy” to send a request yet is deserving; let me know would you?
      6. Let me provide an example of what I'm looking for – real experimental progress is much preferred over “theory” without prototype or model: Bedini Ferris Wheel replication by Les Kraut | MERLib.org

7. Les is really doing things, day by day, and is one of the first recipients of a Silver Eagle prize to encourage him – along with Slider (thanks for your work, too, Slider!). Both are very deserving and doing great experimental work, with an eye on serving humanity. I expect that more Silver Eagles will be given out (see first post for details).

8. There are many examples of diligent experimental work. I so appreciate the writings and/or videos of lidmotor, lasersaber, nul-pts, Armagdn03, xee2, itsu, Ouguide – and so many others. One more example-- that is very well done IMHO: Energy Propagation - YouTube

9. Some would benefit from a humble $300 “no strings attached” bonus, evidently from the responses so far received, and so I'm glad to stretch the “prizes” as far as I can by turning them into “no-strings grants.”

10. Two Gold Eagles remain to provide a humble reward or rewards to measure-able OU, as specified in the first post in this thread.

I will also do my best with available time to help this energetic community to get successful devices out to families world-wide (with a fair profit to inventors and builders) – and not to be squashed by globalist corporations or whatever.

I'd like to do what I can to encourage the community to make a “final push to success” in the next few months. Together, we can do this. At the refining and prototyping stage, I expect many of us will chip in and also turn a fair return to essentially all contributors –with particular royalties, I expect, to the main inventor(s).

Working together, we can both achieve novel energy and get these devices out to families and communities for the benefit of mankind.

Comment

If you wish to write me, please use regular email or snail-mail as follows:

1. EMDevice12@yahoo.com
        OR

2. Steven E Jones
        PO Box 325
        Spring City, UT 84662
        USA

A week ago, I had dinner with three very insightful energy researchers. A great time to be together and to share notes on our work -- and our play! It should be fun.

I recall that Timothy said that he enjoyed the building and tinkering, but that he had not PRAYED for particular help in his energy research. He was going to do so. I also believe in prayer -- and IF you do, "Don't forget to pray.. " as the hymn says.

BTW, my idea of fun for today is to join a Joule-Thief variant circuit, which converts DC to AC (and I've built and tested a lot of them), to coupled LC circuits ... and take some measurements of input and output power. We'll see!

Thanks, and best wishes to all.
        Last edited by PhysicsProf; 11-26-2011, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PhysicsProf View Post
          Glad to work with you, Shawn, and with the novel energy community -- what a group!

OK, I've listened to the community's feedback and I'm making a big change in the “prizes” (post #1 above). I've sold one of the golden Eagles and a bunch of the silver Eagles and with that cash (remember its from my alt-energy-loving father) I'm going to support active novel-energy research. In fact, I've had proposals coming my way already and so It has begun. Here it is in a nutshell:

1. Turns out support is going to several places already, and I'm happy to send grants to Washington state, California, Phillipines, Utah, Oklahoma...

2. Grants are running around $300 or so and I wish I could do more. Perhaps someday...

3. One recipient emailed as follows:

4. If you will send me a brief proposal of energy research you'd like to do (or are doing), and how you seek to help humanity with it – then I will consider it fairly and see what I can do. Send by December 10th please, and I'll reply a few days after that. Written -- great; or video or however you wish.

5. You may know someone who is perhaps too “shy” to send a request yet is deserving; let me know would you?
          6. Let me provide an example of what I'm looking for – real experimental progress is much preferred over “theory” without prototype or model: Bedini Ferris Wheel replication by Les Kraut | MERLib.org

7. Les is really doing things, day by day, and is one of the first recipients of a Silver Eagle prize to encourage him – along with Slider (thanks for your work, too, Slider!). Both are very deserving and doing great experimental work, with an eye on serving humanity. I expect that more Silver Eagles will be given out (see first post for details).

8. There are many examples of diligent experimental work. I so appreciate the writings and/or videos of lidmotor, lasersaber, nul-pts, Armagdn03, xee2, itsu, Ouguide – and so many others. One more example-- that is very well done IMHO: Energy Propagation - YouTube

9. Some would benefit from a humble $300 “no strings attached” bonus, evidently from the responses so far received, and so I'm glad to stretch the “prizes” as far as I can by turning them into “no-strings grants.”

10. Two Gold Eagles remain to provide a humble reward or rewards to measure-able OU, as specified in the first post in this thread.

I will also do my best with available time to help this energetic community to get successful devices out to families world-wide (with a fair profit to inventors and builders) – and not to be squashed by globalist corporations or whatever.

I'd like to do what I can to encourage the community to make a “final push to success” in the next few months. Together, we can do this. At the refining and prototyping stage, I expect many of us will chip in and also turn a fair return to essentially all contributors –with particular royalties, I expect, to the main inventor(s).

Working together, we can both achieve novel energy and get these devices out to families and communities for the benefit of mankind.
          PhysicsProf,

Thank You very much for the phone call. It is so much easier to explain it than to type it. And I very much appreciate the $300. This might seem a trivial amount to some but to me it was a mountain. And although you consider it a "no strings attached" bonus, I consider it an investment. And although you did not ask; I certainly want for you to benefit from a working model as much as everyone else. I too want to see this go out to the world and I intend for it to get there; it's why I open-sourced it. Even though it was poorly explained I am glad you took the time to listen and ask questions to rest any concerns. I hope others are willing to take advantage of your generocity and knowledge. It is not often that someone of your caliber and background would actually take a vested interrest in alternative science and energy. My hat is off to you sir.

,Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by shawnnweed View Post
            PhysicsProf,

Thank You very much for the phone call. It is so much easier to explain it than to type it. And I very much appreciate the $300. This might seem a trivial amount to some but to me it was a mountain. And although you consider it a "no strings attached" bonus, I consider it an investment. And although you did not ask; I certainly want for you to benefit from a working model as much as everyone else. I too want to see this go out to the world and I intend for it to get there; it's why I open-sourced it. Even though it was poorly explained I am glad you took the time to listen and ask questions to rest any concerns. I hope others are willing to take advantage of your generocity and knowledge. It is not often that someone of your caliber and background would actually take a vested interrest in alternative science and energy. My hat is off to you sir.

,Shawn
            I would also like to thank PhysicsProf as he has also granted me $300 to "tie the knot" with my parametric alternator configuration. It is a noble thing to do to selflessly give to others for the betterment of mankind. Dr. Steven Jones, you are a hero!

Dave

Comment

Absolutely! Thank you PhysicsProf, look forward to working with you.

Comment

I've thought about getting funds to alternative energy experimenters long ago. I don't think it's a problem to get support by the people/company/government. The problem is we could get too much support and the system becomes corrupted. If we can manage it and keep it small and as encouragement prizes, I think it's healthy. I think the professor is qualify to manage this program. One could write to company or congress or establish donation account to get funds. Some staff in charge could select experimenters for prize. However, let's not forget the main goal.

Comment

Great to work with you guys, too!

QuantumUC -- IMO we should NOT seek funding from Big Oil/Big Gov't; and I think you might agree with that caveat.

If we did seek corporate or government funding, you can be sure they would want to control the "intellectual property." I think that funding from universities would also be entangling -- one reason I'm glad I'm retired, and not beholden to any corporation, bank or university with regard to inventions.

And in the case of a novel energy source, "they" might just want to keep it away from the public while we're paying through the nose for oil and gas -- which "they" effectively control.

My driving goal in this energy research, and I think this is true of most of us in the community, is to make novel energy available to families and communities throughout the planet, without having it stomped on by the globalist corporatocracy... 'nuff said.

Originally posted by quantumuppercut View Post
                  I've thought about getting funds to alternative energy experimenters long ago. I don't think it's a problem to get support by the people/company/government. The problem is we could get too much support and the system becomes corrupted. If we can manage it and keep it small and as encouragement prizes, I think it's healthy. I think the professor is qualify to manage this program. One could write to company or congress or establish donation account to get funds. Some staff in charge could select experimenters for prize. However, let's not forget the main goal.

Comment

QuantumUC -- IMO we should NOT seek funding from Big Oil/Big Gov't; and I think you might agree with that caveat.

If we did seek corporate or government funding, you can be sure they would want to control the "intellectual property." I think that funding from universities would also be entangling -- one reason I'm glad I'm retired, and not beholden to any corporation, bank or university with regard to inventions.

And in the case of a novel energy source, "they" might just want to keep it away from the public while we're paying through the nose for oil and gas -- which "they" effectively control.

My driving goal in this energy research, and I think this is true of most of us in the community, is to make novel energy available to families and communities throughout the planet, without having it stomped on by the globalist corporatocracy... 'nuff said.
                    I agree with you Professor, but if you are going to do this, it should be done the right way

I found this while searching for a right way of doing it ('i'm sure there are a few others )

Kickstarter

Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every week, tens of thousands of amazing people pledge millions of dollars to projects from the worlds of music, film, art, technology, design, food, publishing and other creative fields.

A new form of commerce and patronage. This is not about investment or lending. Project creators keep 100% ownership and control over their work. Instead, they offer products and experiences that are unique to each project.

All or nothing funding. On Kickstarter, a project must reach its funding goal before time runs out or no money changes hands. Why? It protects everyone involved. Creators aren’t expected to develop their project without necessary funds, and it allows anyone to test concepts without risk.

Each and every project is the independent creation of someone like you. Projects are big and small, serious and whimsical, traditional and experimental. They’re inspiring, entertaining and unbelievably diverse. We hope you agree... Welcome to Kickstarter!
                    hope this would help in advancing everyone's project
                    Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

Yes, but you only have so many silver and gold. Besides, I don't think all corporations and gov. are bad. There are elites within the elites want this to happens IMO, but I would stay away from too much money. Keep the string unattached. lol

Comment

{duplicate listing}
                        Last edited by PhysicsProf; 11-27-2011, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Quantum -- I would be leary of taking money from any large corporation --without carefully reading the fine print... I guess I don't trust the globalist corporatists as much as you evidently do...

Clever funding platform, Kickstarter, MonsieurM... Looking into it.

Here's some of the "fine print" or "legalese" that goes with it; gives some concern:

Third Party Intellectual Property — Copyright Notifications

Kickstarter respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. Kickstarter may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, terminate the accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. Kickstarter will remove infringing materials in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act if properly notified that content infringes copyright.
                          Further,
                          ..you shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content on or through the Service, including without limitation any User Submission, that:

* infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
                          * you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate; [etc]
                          That is, if someone claims you are infringing their intellectual property rights, or infringing on a patent or trade secret (etc) -- Kickstarter will very probably terminate your account.

Further:
                          Company reserves the right to (i) remove, edit or modify any Content in its sole discretion, including without limitation any User Submissions, from the Site or Service at any time, without notice to you and for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content or if Company is concerned that you may have violated the Terms of Use), or for no reason at all and (ii) to remove or block any User Submissions from the Service.
                          This is what happens next:
                          Termination

Company may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your membership. If you wish to terminate your account, you may do so by following the instructions on the Site. Any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable.
                          And furthermore:
                          Though Kickstarter cannot be held liable for the actions of a Project Creator, Project Creators are nevertheless wholly responsible for fulfilling obligations both implied and stated in any project listing they create. Kickstarter reserves the right to cancel a project listing and refund all associated members' payments at any time for any reason. Kickstarter reserves the right to remove a project listing from public listings for any reason.
                          I don't know -- but the chances of some large corporation challenging, or even some individual claiming infringement on something as important as this seems high IMHO. -- What do you think?

Comment

QuantumUC -- having some difficulty editing my first sentence above; so let me clarify.
                            I don't mean to say that you trust ALL globalist corporations, nor do I mean that I distrust all employees. That is not the case.

Still, getting to OU is just the first step... getting the OU device out to the people without having it "squashed" or inhibited by the BigGuys/elite as you say is the second and I think equally important step for us all.

That is why I would not take any money from a big corporation at all-- certainly not until the devices are replicated AND PUBLICLY ANNOUNCED by the community worldwide -- by at least a dozen replication-builders worldwide (and hopefully all at the SAME TIME).

Comment

QuantumUC -- having some difficulty editing my first sentence above; so let me clarify.
                              I don't mean to say that you trust ALL globalist corporations, nor do I mean that I distrust all employees. That is not the case.

Still, getting to OU is just the first step... getting the OU device out to the people without having it "squashed" or inhibited by the BigGuys/elite as you say is the second and I think equally important step for us all.

That is why I would not take any money from a big corporation at all-- certainly not until the devices are replicated AND PUBLICLY ANNOUNCED by the community worldwide -- by at least a dozen replication-builders worldwide (and hopefully all at the SAME TIME).
                              I understand what you mean professor. My family always tell me how naive I am about life. Most of the time I see something injustice and tells my mother, she just said "Son, that's just how life is"; then sometimes, I need to listen to her. On this matter, I trust your intuition and will take your words in good consideration. What you've done takes courage and faith. Thank you... I know we will have a device running real soon.

QU

Comment

Originally posted by quantumuppercut View Post
                                I understand what you mean professor. My family always tell me how naive I am about life. Most of the time I see something injustice and tells my mother, she just said "Son, that's just how life is"; then sometimes, I need to listen to her. On this matter, I trust your intuition and will take your words in good consideration. What you've done takes courage and faith. Thank you... I know we will have a device running real soon.

QU
                                Thanks, QU... we're on the same page.

@MM: Upon further reflection, IMO the Kickstart program you mentioned might work out for INDIVIDUAL projects, seeking support for a project in the FE field. One for which there is no problem with prior patents or copyrights, which could very well get a guy in trouble with the "Terms of Service" fine print.

One might not mention the terms FE or even OU, but rather something like "Joule Ringer for long lasting light production" or "new type of resonant transformer"... Certainly you would not wish to claim that OU was required for a "successful" project. The deliverable might be an actual LED-lighting Joule Ringer, or a report on how it could be used, or even the maximum time for it to run. One could throw in a measure of the efficiency, Pout/Pin...

Comment

Working...
                                X