Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by b_rads View Post
    @all
    For your consideration, after watching jehdds eye opening video on the oxides deposited on the Mg and Slider's video on the penny solar cell, I did some research today on the p n junction. Watching lidmotor's video this evening brings me to this thought, we must buld the p n junction. The problem as I understand (forgive me if I get this wrong as I failed to bring my notes home with me) is this. Most if not all organic materials produce the n junction by default, ie ZnO, CuO, Cu2o, and other materials that are common that we could use. It appears that the p junction does not occur normally.

I found this document:
    IEEE Xplore - P-n junction from solution: Cuprous oxide p-n homojunction by electrodeposition

Quote from this document follows -
    "It is found that Cu2O electrodeposited at bath pH below 7.5 is n-type, while Cu2O deposited at bath pH above 9 is p-type."

Here is the patent application number: US7741243

It appears that both CuO and Cu2O can be created as either p or n junction through electrodeposting on a substrate as a polycrystal. These p or n semiconductors can be deposited on top of each other in the order of your choice. The substrate can be copper sheets.

It seems we can create the p n junction in our cells without the use of extreme heat and without the need for rare and exotic materials.
    I have not tried any of this, I am only sharing information I found today.

Brad S
    Brad,
    Thank you for this link.
    Very best regards,
    Jim

Comment

• Guys,
      Microvariation in thermal stresses on the microcrystal lattice accentuated by piezo effect as resonance/oscillatory inducer of ionic cyclic movement?
      I am still amazed to see expansion of crystalline material from molten to solidification. This denotes to me, stress physically to the crystal.
      Add thermal variance, thus movement in the lattice.
      Theory of sorts. Still dwelling on this. I welcome Nextgen67 to share his perspective on why the oxide layer may work as it is.

Also this is a good reference:
      http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/HBD854-D.PDF
      Read page 3 for sure on N/P jcn etc.

Very Best Regards,
      Jim

Comment

• stimulated emission...interesting...

been following along on my cell phone and pondering most of the posts and was blown away by jb's hockey puck which brought the whole topic full circle back to the dipole and not allowing its destruction...so locking the dipoles in a crystal by the trillions and oscillating them stimulates emission correct? Sounds like a ruby crystal laser now...maybe thats next weeks tangent..haha seriously all you guys are awesome...the earth light circuit upon seriously staring at it and replicating several versions including a multivibrator version thats todays quicky...is a simplified bedini sg with no moving parts...and thats where i had to re-read the emf from the vacume pdf and ponder it for two more days....the earth light really is so basic it got dismissed so i revisited it and got new ideas about juicing it to the 'HNL' ....gotta figure out how to post to you tube on this phone next...thanks alot for the gentle nudges to continue experimenting...so many cool projects gonna have to make a photo gallery..

Comment

• John Bedini,

Any updates on you latest solid state cell? Anything new happen with the Marcus Reid cell?

Thanks.
          All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Crystal Cells

Ibpointless2,
            The Marcus Reid cells keep right on going no matter what. They do not loose any power at all no matter what load is on them. I have been watching them now that it is starting to get cold here. The only cells I have had fail are what John Hutchinson gave for the mix. Sodium Silicates is very difficult to work with so I have put that aside for now. I will attempt that later as soon as I can get a hood to ventilate it from the shop. I'm here on the pages except I have had company and could not get to my computer for the past 5 days. I know you were going to try this have you done anything?
            John B
            John Bedini
            www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
              Ibpointless2,
              The Marcus Reid cells keep right on going no matter what. They do not loose any power at all no matter what load is on them. I have been watching them now that it is starting to get cold here. The only cells I have had fail are what John Hutchinson gave for the mix. Sodium Silicates is very difficult to work with so I have put that aside for now. I will attempt that later as soon as I can get a hood to ventilate it from the shop. I'm here on the pages except I have had company and could not get to my computer for the past 5 days. I know you were going to try this have you done anything?
              John B

The Marcus Reid cell really is interesting cell, every night I wonder what he "really" uses.

As for the glass cells I was going to make got me worried when I found out that glass is the non-crystal form of sand. Glass not being a crystal made me worried so I put it off for a little bit due to that I've found a way to make just about anything into a battery. Anything from a rock, paper, hammer, wool, plastic, etc. I haven't mention it as I don't wont to lead people on with this idea i have, but so far I have made batteries out of the things mention. The Idea is nothing special but I don't wont to people to do it and figure its a very simple dry crystal that does all the work. I might go back to making the Glass Crystal Cell but due to the fact that glass is not a crystal due to the lattice aligning up perfect to make glass "clear".

For those wondering its the skin of the crystal that does all the conducting and not the inside. Just like how electrons flow around the wire instead of thru it.
              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• batt...

Hello!
                Just look at the battery voltage did 0.7volt
                but the current is very scanty my question as to raise the current?
                with respect!
                Sorry for the text I use a translator from Ukraine.

http://zaryad.com/forum/download/fil...=988&mode=view
                http://zaryad.com/forum/download/fil...=989&mode=view
                http://zaryad.com/forum/download/fil...=990&mode=view

Comment

• NickZ.... I tried to reproduce your carbon/quartz battery and here is my result:

I used a plastic canister 1.5 inch diameter by 2.5 inches tall, lined it's inside curved wall with Aluminum foil.

Hot glued a carbon/graphite rod (.3 inch diameter) to the center.

Filled it up with alternating layers of fine carbon powder and ground quartz with beach sand (that I grounded in a mortar with a pestle). I started to add another layer as soon as the previous one was not visible.

Filled it to the top and hot glued the top to seal it.

Open Voltage of Cell: 0.1-0.2 mV DC (carbon is positive terminal, Aluminum is negative terminal).

Short Circuit current: 1.2 uA DC

Measured resistance of cell: 79 ohms

The good news is that I'm getting a voltage and some current but it's so small as to be useless for much of anything but maybe a sensor of some sort.

So far this is far less impressive than your results. Any suggestions on how to improve upon my poor results?

Also, what is the short circuit current and short circuit voltage of your cells? In other words, what is their internal resistance? Trying to figure out if I added too much carbon? But I remember you saying you made an all carbon battery and got better results than mine here.

Thanks
                  Last edited by SilverToGold; 09-30-2011, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Marcus Reid Cell

Ibpointless2,
                    The real question is what does it turn into after it is rock hard. It's like no other cell I have experimented with. The original cell posted is nothing like it. However Chuck has had one cell here that just keeps going no matter what so that is something to look at also. I know Chuck posted the mixture some pages back, or he talked about it. And you're correct about the electrons moving around the outside, except it's a small layer in-between that it is fed by the Crystal.
                    John B
                    Last edited by John_Bedini; 10-01-2011, 02:19 AM. Reason: spell
                    John Bedini
                    www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                      Ibpointless2,
                      The real question is what do it turn into after it is rock hard. It's like no other cell I have experimented with. The original cell posted is nothing like it. However Chuck has had one cell here that just keeps going no matter what so that is something to look at also. I know Chuck posted the mixture some pages back, or he talked about it. And you're correct about the electrons moving around the outside, except it's a small layer in-between that it is fed by the Crystal.
                      John B

Yes agreed, its not what the ingredients are but what they become. My cells don't work unless you take the many ingredients and make them one. I'm sure Marcus Reid uses water in some sort of way to combine the cells ingredients, but water is NOT needed to keep it going when its hard. So you seen the "skin effect" too? Is Marcus Reid cell outer layer conductive? Will there be a chance that we will get to see a video of the Reid's cells, a close up shot of it?

Comment

• " but water is NOT needed to keep it going when its hard." So you seen the "skin effect" too? Is Marcus Reid cell outer layer conductive? Will there be a chance that we will get to see a video of the Reid's cells, a close up shot of it?[/QUOTE]

John,
                        Is this True? If so possible Please explain. Has the Marcus Reid Cell Been Challenged to a negative pressure cell test to ensure anhydrous environment?
                        If I am correct, Postive ions must exist in gaseous or liquid state. It seems logical that some ambient moisture is necessary to keep the cells alive ( with perhaps the exception of your glass type cell.

I know my Zn0 cells that are sealed, are NOT anhydrous, but they keep going.
                        There is no desiccation as they are sealed. Is the MR battery sealed or open to ambient moisture?

Thank you for the clarification. I have noticed that my mini cells still produce current even when dry but the voltage drops a bit. Add just the tiniest amount of water and they come alive. The closed cells keep going.

Thank you for the clarification on this.
                        Very Best Regards,
                        Jim

Comment

• small layer in-between that it is fed by the Crystal

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                          Ibpointless2,

<Snip for brevity>

you're correct about the electrons moving around the outside, except it's a small layer in-between that it is fed by the Crystal.
                          John B
                          John,

That small layer 'in-between'... Could that be seen/interpreted as a diffusion area?

--
                          Ron.

Comment

• Originally posted by jehdds View Post
                            " but water is NOT needed to keep it going when its hard." So you seen the "skin effect" too? Is Marcus Reid cell outer layer conductive? Will there be a chance that we will get to see a video of the Reid's cells, a close up shot of it?
                            John,
                            Is this True? If so possible Please explain. Has the Marcus Reid Cell Been Challenged to a negative pressure cell test to ensure anhydrous environment?
                            If I am correct, Postive ions must exist in gaseous or liquid state. It seems logical that some ambient moisture is necessary to keep the cells alive ( with perhaps the exception of your glass type cell.

I know my Zn0 cells that are sealed, are NOT anhydrous, but they keep going.
                            There is no desiccation as they are sealed. Is the MR battery sealed or open to ambient moisture?

Thank you for the clarification. I have noticed that my mini cells still produce current even when dry but the voltage drops a bit. Add just the tiniest amount of water and they come alive. The closed cells keep going.

Thank you for the clarification on this.
                            Very Best Regards,
                            Jim[/QUOTE]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Im not saying Reid cells contain water and that is why they work, Reid cell contain no water. But water is needed to make the cell but once the cell is hard water does not exist in the cell. Water is needed to combine the ingredients, but not needed to keep the cell going.

Comment

• Diffusion

The translucent crystals we learned were grown on the edge of a magnetic field. Some crystals are not as clear and at the far end of the spectrum some crystals have oxides that are quite opaque.

look at the spectrum in wavelength see optical and the microwave.
                              File:Electromagnetic-Spectrum.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

look at the rectenna for absorbing microwaves (oxides)
                              and you might see that eventually crystals with optical frequency relations could be included.
                              DARPA: Energy Harvesting Using Rectennas

The natural way that waves in crystals behave tell us more about what a perfect crystal cell should be, we know what is started here will improve as our understanding on how to engineer a better crystal cell unfolds.
                              Last edited by mikrovolt; 10-01-2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Im not saying Reid cells contain water and that is why they work, Reid cell contain no water. But water is needed to make the cell but once the cell is hard water does not exist in the cell. Water is needed to combine the ingredients, but not needed to keep the cell going.[/QUOTE]

If water is needed to combine the ingredients for fabrication, or as with the Epsom type cells we are making that contain water, how can you say there is no fluid trapped in the crystal lattice?
                                I thought I had a completely desiccated tube cell. A short interlude with a very intense blow torch proved this false. Water may be trapped in the crystal.
                                Again, I would say a negative pressure test in a vacuum chamber would be of diagnostic aid. I will be subjecting some of my pile cells to such treatment.
                                They also bounce back after shorting, but may be imbibing ambient moisture.
                                They appear dry as a bone, hard as a rock.
                                Is it true that positive ions can only exist is liquid or gaseous state?
                                If so, either plasma or moisture would account.
                                Please let us know if the Marcus Reid cell has no form of trapped microscopic moisture within the lattice, and if so how one can test this.
                                I know seemingly my cells do bounce back and seem dry.
                                The smallest addition and I mean tiny tiny addition to a cell that seem lower in volts jumps up with microdrop of hydration.
                                My attempts will use vacuum. Other suggestions welcome.
                                Very Best Regards,
                                Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X