No announcement yet.

Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest version using the capacitor can and 5 minute charging time.

Crystal battery powers exciter - YouTube

Comment

• cell progress, rochelle salt source?

We have now reduced a few cups of epsom salt - removed all of the water. Nothing hard just took time on low heat of a gas burner in a stainless steel bowl. Today I tried to find Rochelle salt locally in the CDA, ID. area and so far have not found it. Any one have a source and does it also need to be reduced? What's the ratio between the Epsom and Rochelle salt?

We have a 12K volt neon sign power supply for polariising cells as they cool as in making electrits. This freezes plus and minus ions in an out of equilibrium state.

Any one have a source for magnesium sheets?

I think on this forum some one posted a chart or a link of the relative plus or minus potentials of materials. Does any one know where that is or have one to post?
      Thanks Alan
      Last edited by radiant1; 09-21-2011, 10:39 PM. Reason: spelling error in title

Comment

• Originally posted by radiant1 View Post

We have a 12K volt neon sign power supply for polariising cells as they cool as in making electrits. This freezes plus and minus ions in an out of equilibrium state.
        How are you going to avoid short circuiting the transformer when you charge the cell? I wanted to charge mine with HV, but immediately saw that the HV just shorted through the electrolyte (molten or solid and dry as a bone). The HV shorted throught the rock membrane too when I tried with that.

I got my Rochelle salts and Mg on ebay.

Comment

• Quick update on Zn02 Cells, Pile and sealed.
          Day two, pile cell with two Carbon/Mg cells intermediary of Zn02/Epsoms
          Showing 3.25 volts,
          58.2 mA

Sealed Tube cell #4
          1.65 V
          36mA

Sealed test Cell #2 after prolonged shorting
          1.54V
          34mA

Has Anyone else tested the Zn02 & Epsom Mix?

Very Best Regards,
          Jim

PS the Literal Crystal Cell IS GROWING CRYSTALS ON THE Mg especially where I rubbed a little Ti02 as crystal initiator.

Comment

• Marcus Reid's crystal battery.

John has a proprietary relationship with Marcus Reid, that's why he's Hocus Pocus'd a very simple process. Sodium silicate is the very best polycrystalline material to make crystal cell batteries from. Don't settle for less. Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead! We don't need to take a bum steer from Bedini.

Here's the curve ball news from Bedini:

"This is not the kind of battery I would consider as a crystal cell after viewing Marcus Reid’s work and understanding the total process for building crystal cells ,this cell is a lot tougher then everybody thinks to build. The process involved are very time consuming and must be precise with the doping. Yes you can get the effect but will it last? Only time will tell on all these batteries/or crystal cells. So don’t take this out of context in what I have said. As I have explained to Lidmotor on the phone this is not something that can be done on a kitchen table, you need a proper lab with all the materials to do it."

Comment

• Crystal Cells

Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
              @John B.
              You would like it over here at Catalina right now. The weather has been very mild and we will be sailing back to the mainland tomorrow. This trip has given me a chance to step back and reflect on what we are doing on this thread. The whole point was to try to make a better cell that lasted longer and was not a reinvent of something already done many times before. The Marcus Reid crystal cells seem to be what everybody is looking for. It is too bad that we can't make one at home. I hope that if they ever show up in Walmart that they are not too expensive.
              I started watching some of the MIT lecture videos on YouTube dealing with solid state chemistry. They are very interesting if you can get through the mumbo jumbo boring B.S. that goes on in a 1 hour college lecture. It brings back some bad memories of my college days. I wanted to know how this type chemisrty works ---at least from the academic standpoint. Not everything that has been learned through the ages is wrong. Most of it is right and it is worth the time to study it if one can understand it.

I'll check in when I get back from my sailing trip.

@All
              There is another YouTube replication of my "Penny" oscillator.

Blocking oscillator Replica - YouTube

What John B. has said about matching the load to the cells capability is very accurate and these type oscillators work quite well. The simple "homebrew" crystal cells that we can make right now need a micro amp draw in order to last a long time.

Cheers,

Lidmotor
              Lidmotor,
              Yes I would I used to go to Catalina all the time. California has the best weather of all, growing up was great in California. Out all night long cruising the Hot Rods. I'm watching the Solid State Semiconductor course, refresher for me as I had that once before, just cant remember all that, Talk to you when you get back home.
              Happy Sailing Home
              John B
              Last edited by John_Bedini; 09-22-2011, 01:47 AM. Reason: edit
              John Bedini
              www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• John B,
                What are your thoughts on the Zn02/Epsom doped with Galina and Pyrite Cells?
                They seem to bounce back and show NO oxide formation.
                Very Best Regards,
                Jim

Comment

• Answer

Originally posted by Allen Burgess View Post
                  John has a proprietary relationship with Marcus Reid, that's why he's Hocus Pocus'd a very simple process. Sodium silicate is the very best polycrystalline material to make crystal cell batteries from. Don't settle for less. Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead! We don't need to take a bum steer from Bedini.

Here's the curve ball news from Bedini:

"This is not the kind of battery I would consider as a crystal cell after viewing Marcus Reid’s work and understanding the total process for building crystal cells ,this cell is a lot tougher then everybody thinks to build. The process involved are very time consuming and must be precise with the doping. Yes you can get the effect but will it last? Only time will tell on all these batteries/or crystal cells. So don’t take this out of context in what I have said. As I have explained to Lidmotor on the phone this is not something that can be done on a kitchen table, you need a proper lab with all the materials to do it."
                  Allen,
                  Call this a bum steer all you want, go full torpedoes ahead. Yes I do have a relationship with Marcus and I respect my agreement with him.
                  Have a little respect for others here. Another thing, I have never stopped anybody from using that material including you. Full torpedoes ahead, Allen show the group since you know.
                  John B
                  John Bedini
                  www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Here is a classic semiconductor physics video that is really good. This video was made when semiconductor physics was still new and really show many good things and could help other understand why a crystal cell works due to its crystal lattice. Its about 30 minutes long and I highly encourage others to watch it all the way through.

AT&T Archives: Dr. Walter Brattain on Semiconductor Physics - YouTube
                    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Warning to you all

Warning to the group, If you attempt to do what Allen is going to do then take the proper precautions for working with this chemical. Read the MSDS sheets since Allen forgot to tell you all this. It was ok for the cement cells since no cooking was involved, but not anymore.

MSDS Sheet

Potential Acute Health Effects:

Extremely hazardous in case of skin contact (corrosive, irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation. Liquid or spray mist may produce tissue damage particularly on mucous membranes of eyes, mouth and respiratory tract.

Skin contact
                      may produce burns. Inhalation of the spray mist may produce severe irritation of respiratory tract, characterized by coughing, choking, or shortness of breath. Inflammation of the eye is characterized by redness, watering, and itching. Skin inflammation is characterized by itching, scaling, reddening, or, occasionally, blistering.

Potential Chronic Health Effects:
                      Extremely hazardous in case of skin contact (corrosive, irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation. Nonsensitizer for skin. Non-permeator by skin. CARCINOGENIC EFFECTS: Not available. MUTAGENIC EFFECTS: Not available.

TERATOGENIC EFFECTS: Not available. DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY: Not available. Repeated or prolonged contact with spray mist may produce chronic eye irritation and severe skin irritation. Repeated or prolonged exposure to spray mist may produce respiratory tract irritation leading to frequent attacks of bronchial infection. Repeated or prolonged inhalation of vapors may lead to chronic respiratory irritation.
                      John Bedini
                      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• cell progress, rochelle salt source?

Originally posted by radiant1 View Post
                        We have now reduced a few cups of epsom salt - removed all of the water. Nothing hard just took time on low heat of a gas burner in a stainless steel bowl. Today I tried to find Rochelle salt locally in the CDA, ID. area and so far have not found it. Any one have a source and does it also need to be reduced? What's the ratio between the Epsom and Rochelle salt?

Any one have a source for magnesium sheets?

I think on this forum some one posted a chart or a link of the relative plus or minus potentials of materials. Does any one know where that is or have one to post?
                        Thanks Alan
                        Radiant 1
                        Where are you in the CDA area? What do you need let Chuck and I know.
                        John B
                        John Bedini
                        www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• I think this is right for what is left after cooking off the water:

Potash alum = potassium alum sulphate
                          Epsom salt = magnesium sulphate
                          Rochelle salt = potassium sodium carbon hydroxide

An interesting link regarding direct carbon fuel cells in relation to carbon hydroxide as an electrolyte. Publish date is Oct. 2011.
                          A Theoretical Study of the Carbon/Carbonate/Hydroxide (Electro-) Chemical System in a Direct Carbon Fuel Cell

Another that shows Rochelle, Epsom and Alum crystal structures.
                          The structures can be rotated and allows for distance,angle measurements.
                          Dom's crystal growing page

Comment

• Saftey precautions.

John's absolutly correct. Work in a well ventilated area, open the doors and windows, wear gloves, coveralls and eye goggles, all the things a floor waxer needs to do to peal the old wax from the floor with stripper. It's at least an equally hazerdous job.

What's required is to assemble and melt the tiny moisture absorbing pellets in boiling water, add the sodium hydroxide anti corrosive doping agent, reduce the liquid to a thick syrup, and pour it into the aluminum form to crystallize. The same thing we've seen Hutchinson do in his recipe video. Reasonable precautions are advisable: Don't splatter. Keep from rubbing your eyes. Don't lean over and smell the fumes from the beaker. The biggest hazard is to have children mistake the tiny pellets for candy, which is a very common problem.

I'm chiding John a little bit. He's been extremely generous, and I'm among his most ardent fans, but don't over sweat the hazards.
                            Last edited by Allen Burgess; 09-22-2011, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• Water Glass/Sodium Silicate

Allen,
                              Just buy the water glass and be done with it, it's cheap stuff. 5 gallons for 67 dollars, maybe safer.
                              The chemical store:
                              Sodium Silicate 5 Gallons - Sodium Silicate by The Chemistry Store.com Inc
                              John
                              John Bedini
                              www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Sodium Hydroxide.

Sodium Hydroxide, more commonly known as LYE, pictured below in solid pellet form, also commercially available in soluble form.
                                Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-21-2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X