No announcement yet.

Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just finished watching John's EFV latest DVD on Crystal Batteries concerning the Copper/paper/Alum/Magnesium battery.

Crystal Batteries

If you guys haven't seen it, one battery ran at 1.5 V and over 500 mA! That's very impressive.

John, you stated that the battery "burns" water, wasn't sure if that means the water evaporates, dissociates into H & O gas, or something else.

With these batteries, can they just be sealed up to keep the moisture in and ran indefinitely? Or do they require fresh water?

Thanks and great video!

Comment

• I have had all three of these in series since I completed pounding out the pipe last week. The voltage seems to have hit rock bottom sometime in the middle of last night. Had to be below 1.5 volts (that’s all 3 in series) I say below 1.5 because they were @1.6 last night, when I woke up they were at 1.5 and climbing.

That’s right climbing,
      they are now @ 2.08. My first thought was the impedance must be changing in the charge battery so I checked that. It’s an old AA battery and has not moved much - .990 volts to .995 volts in 2 days. I have it on there on purpose – it’s a battery that I know will not take much of a charge. I wanted the “back end” to be consistent since I’m only interested in experimenting w/ the cells on the front. Yesterday is when the real crystal formation began, there was quite a bit of growth over night.

When I put a pure white LED on them – at the thickness, the color is greenish blue. You can see it in the picture I took here: http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post150876

I’ll keep posting as there is something to post
      I’m attaching a picture from today.

Patrick
      Last edited by minoly; 12-26-2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Bedini Earth Light/Crystal Battery

Originally posted by redrichie View Post
        Also I agree JH seemed to experiment with all kinds of rocks. Nut is there a common characteristic we are looking for in these chemial crystals. A specific gravity, any distinguishing feature, a conductivity, what? I read last night galena has trace amounts of silver. thats definitely conductive. Any info on this would be appreciated so I can understand the why of this more. and possibly find other minerals/crystals that may be growing locally instead of buying pre chemicals.
        Also is any of this voltage a piezo effect? isnt rochelle salts and tartar used to make a piezo crystal?
        redrichie,

Yes I agree he has all kinds of rocks mixed up like a mad hatter, so the testing to figure out what is going on is extensive.
        I do not think he knows what mineral is causing this to happen, but I will find out as I test one thing at a time and I have years of experience with batteries and experiments like this.

What got my attention was he was so quiet for so long and would never say what the salts were. I built Ionic amplifier crystals in the audio field to replace big cables. But the thing I did not do was ever check for voltage from the cables, but I will now. The mix is in my youtube

I used Glena and Iron pyrite bismuth and ruby crystals in the mix to make conductive gold ruby. The product was called the Force some called them the rock boxes, in the end it was called the ionic amplifier, George Lucas got the trade mark in before me and I had to stop making the unit, and he was a real pisser about it. I will find out what is going on with this magic crystal.
        John B
        John Bedini
        www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Bedini Earth Light

Originally posted by SilverToGold View Post
          I just finished watching John's EFV latest DVD on Crystal Batteries concerning the Copper/paper/Alum/Magnesium battery.

Crystal Batteries

If you guys haven't seen it, one battery ran at 1.5 V and over 500 mA! That's very impressive.

John, you stated that the battery "burns" water, wasn't sure if that means the water evaporates, dissociates into H & O gas, or something else.

With these batteries, can they just be sealed up to keep the moisture in and ran indefinitely? Or do they require fresh water?

Thanks and great video!

SilverToGold
          Yes they burn water and you must have watched the DVD where I was explaining to Pat the cell. It does dissociate into gas and you can watch it do it, so the top must be vented. The crystal wants to keep growing. The crystal develops something like nano tubes so you do not need very much water one or two drops
          That cell had a big surface area the cell was measured at 750Ma.
          John B
          Last edited by John_Bedini; 08-11-2011, 04:54 AM. Reason: edit
          John Bedini
          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
            While watching the corrosion factor because of the sodium silicate or water glass on the copper electrode during forming. The corrosion did not seem to bother the cell as it soon turned to a crystal that combined with the other salts. The cell still worked as an ultra capacitor but I could parallel the cell together for more current.
            When the cell is still wet a galvanic process is happening but when its dried the galvanic process goes away. The galvanic process seems to be important as it creates a small corrosion layer on the copper which helps to make it into a semiconductor. Now the Copper acts like a diode when the crystal harden around it to freeze it in time. The micro-corrosion that forms seems to help the cells out and make them DC and not AC components. this is just a theory of mine.
            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
              Did you say that the magnesium and carbon cell as giving the worst power readings? If so this could help prove my idea as to why the glue cell works like it does.
              [ATTACH]8727[/ATTACH]
              @IB:
              Yes, I said that the carbon magnesium encased in plastic is my worst performing cell. I like to look at electronegivity charts when looking at electrodes and electrolytes.
              Values: C – 2.55, Cu – 1.9, Zn – 1.65, Al – 1.61, Mg – 1.31
              With these values the cell should rank in their potential like this:
              C – Mg = 1.24
              Cu – Mg = 0.59
              Cu – Al = 0.29
              Cu – Zn = 0.25
              This is the order you would expect in truly galvanic cells. What I see in the glue crystal cells is this ranking: 1st Cu – Mg, 2nd Cu – Zn, 3rd C – Mg, and last is Cu - Al. This ranking would seem to indicate something other than galvanic is going on. I look forward to your interpretation of this information.
              As a side note, I consider myself a hobbyist with the project. I have no skin in the game and only report observations. I can find flaws in my own experiments as I do not accurately measure materials. I build these cells like my grandmother cooked. A pinch of this, a spoon of that, and a shake of something else – taste and add some more. This has truly been fun for me as I get caught up in the cool – wow – sweet – neat stuff as well as learning things every time I start a new experiment or look at an older one. All the ideas and theories posted here lately have been very exciting and make it difficult to decide what to try next. Glad to see so many people participating.
              Brad S

Comment

• Bedini Earth Light/Crystal Cell

@ All,
                Yes this is what I would expect, and yes the worst cell would be using carbon Magnesium as the magic crystal is just Rochelle salts and Epsom salts. Use any electrode you want it all works at low power levels. The one thing that also works is paralleling the cells once balanced. I will see after my low pass filters are finished and I can get scope shots for the video about the detection process, few more tests before I say anything about this cell. I also see noise being generated in the cell, I think that is the water glass as it takes allot of heat to cure it, that is why they use it for engine block seal in cylinder heads.
                JB
                John Bedini
                www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Hutch Cell

@John Bedini & All

John, what would happen if your borax copper method was used, then the basic Hutchison mix was added. In other words could the semiconductor copper be used to improve a dry or solid cell. Or does it have to have the water, like you use in your alum cell?

Also, I'll save you the trouble of waiting for Hutchison to post the video instructions on his high power cells. He probably never will. Luckily, here they are as I received them. I don't know any more than this, but this should give enough info for a replication.

** *1. * *Make Rochelle Salt. Recipe consists of Cream of Tartar and Baking Soda. Dope the rochelle salt with: Epsom Salt, silver shavings, (A silver coin was scraped.), Galena, Iron Pyrite. Melt this concoction on low heat
                  ** *2. * *From Silver Wire or Copper wire, make two left-turn coils. The coils will eventually be connected in series, *with the leads pointing up. Dip each coil into the mixture created in step 1 above. Insert one coil inside of the other. Bend now nested coils into a toroid shape, (Donut shape). Coat with the mixture above.
                  ** *3. * *Place a spherical 1 inch diameter Neodymium magnet in the center of the toroid. Make a string “necklace” of Neodymium magnets to and fill the gaps in the center of the toroid.*
                  ** *4. * *Place manganese Dioxide into an aluminum measuring cup with the leads of the coils sticking up.*
                  ** *5. * *Place into the measuring cup the toroid assembly with magnets in the center. Fill the cup to the top with the concoction from step one above.
                  ** *6. * *Apply 6 Volts DC to the measuring cup/goo filled cup toroid assembly. One lead, (negative) attaches to the cup, and the other (positive), connects to the other two leads from the coils.
                  ** *7. * *Place the cup on low heat -- Nancy used an electric heating plate with a one quarter inch thick (It could have been three-eighths thick, I don’t know) aluminum plate placed on the heating elements, and then the crystal battery concoction, (measuring cup with toroid wires, and rare earth magnets, etc) was placed onto the aluminum plate...the heat was set to low...the voltage was set to 6 volts dc, when the concoction was hot.

The aluminum plate melted with strange patterns, but, the aluminum measuring cup did not. Temperatures were nowhere close to those needed to melt aluminum.

A note about the coil. It says it is connected in series. I could be wrong, but I think he means like a joule thief bi-filar is wired. The end of one coil connected to the beginning of the other coil.

Anyway, Please everyone post any results you get. Thanks.

Comment

• I've made a Carbon/Aluminum cell using the big water filter element.
                    I have not gone into town (25 miles away), and so I have not had a chance to get the proper thick aluminum wire to wind over the carbon element, so, for now I covered the cell with cotton cloth, and added bleach instead of salt to the cloth. I just wound about 5 turns of thick aluminum wire on the carbon just to see what would happen. Well, the results so far are sweet. I'll let you know more as I make the final winding on it, but so far it looks and acts like a winner. The current does not drop but instead goes up with a load, and stays there. It can be connected to my cement cells to further increase the voltage. Although this cell has about the same voltage as the cement cell, the main difference is that the voltage does not drop as time passes, and that they can be placed in parallel with any cell to further increase the current.
                    I'll probably be making my own carbon rods soon also.

Comment

• Bedini Earth Light /Crystal Cell RE-post

Freezer,
                      I do not see any need for the water glass in the mix if you can not cure it.
                      I however just made one measuring the quantities, just Rochelle salts two spoons and Epsom salts 1 and 1/2 spoon and 1/50 selenium for the rectifier and calcium carbonate 1/10 spoon it holds for about 35 minutes under a power load. Then the cell goes into self protection as I stated on the earth light forum.
                      This is how this mixture operates. The cell that started to produce copper sulphate is now dry and operates the same way. It took a torch on the copper to get it to cure, not a good thing to do around magnesium, but it worked. My charts are almost done but I can see that the maximum current is about 3Ma at .75 volts all day long and then recovery is debatable unless you charge it. Just some more things to think about.
                      John B
                      Last edited by John_Bedini; 08-11-2011, 06:53 PM. Reason: word
                      John Bedini
                      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• I have to say - I really like these co/ma/alum cells. even with the dirty copper and the fire starter magnesium - last night the cells got up to 2.2 before sleepy time.
                        Thought I would try something out based on some of the things I'm reading. so, I kept them in series and shorted them out over night - 7 hours. that's a dead short with copper leads only - zero volts and who knows how many amps...
                        removed the short when I woke up. the cells climbed up to 3.5v w/in 1 minute. I put the little WM on it, it's currently running at 2 volts, the crystals have grown quite a bit, I have not added water since we built them last week - although, they are still moist at the bottom - I made a testing hole where I put a toothpick in for that.
                        anyway

Patrick

Comment

• @all:
                          The first time I ever read about cuprous oxide was in conjunction with the photoelectric effect. Cuprous Oxide was one of the first known materials to display this effect and in trying to explain this is what led Einstein to the Nobel Prize for Physics and the Theory of Relativity. Google “cuprous oxide solar cell” and you can find some nice instructions on how to build these.
                          Also, fan1701 on the “John Hutchison's Crystal Cell – replications” thread said,Rochelle salt converts heat into energy as well as can be somewhat piezo electric”.
                          As I monitor the cells I have already constructed, my next project will be to combine the Photoelectric, Temperature Sensitive, Piezoelectric, and Crystal properties into a single cell. Today I purchased Cream of Tartar and Baking Soda and will spend the next couple of days trying to make Rochelle Salt. While doing that I will ponder how to build this new cell.
                          Brad S

Comment

• I have been wondering when this will get into the piezo area. and how much of this is related. 22 out of 30something crystals exhibit piezo characteristics. and I have been wondering if that is the property I have been looking for. a common binder in these things. if the crystals resonate with the earth or something. like the 2 dissimilar metals give the current but the voltage comes from an outside source like a resonant freq. such as a Quartz battery does in a watch. But these are just very sensitive. has anyone tried screaming at their crystal cells? or playing nice melodic music? or slamming their hand down next to the cell? Laugh it up. but a vibratory frequency is still a vibration. and thats all a piezo needs to output.

Comment

• Originally posted by redrichie View Post
                              I have been wondering when this will get into the piezo area. and how much of this is related. 22 out of 30something crystals exhibit piezo characteristics. and I have been wondering if that is the property I have been looking for. a common binder in these things. if the crystals resonate with the earth or something. like the 2 dissimilar metals give the current but the voltage comes from an outside source like a resonant freq. such as a Quartz battery does in a watch. But these are just very sensitive. has anyone tried screaming at their crystal cells? or playing nice melodic music? or slamming their hand down next to the cell? Laugh it up. but a vibratory frequency is still a vibration. and thats all a piezo needs to output.
                              If anyone can replicate an experiment I just tried, I would be very interested to hear your results. The two encased cells using semiconductor copper, magnesium, and Alum were just placed in an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner operating at 42khz. The cells were connected parallel and initial meter reading showed 2.6ma. After 2 minutes in the cleaner (no water in the cleaner) the meter showed 5.2ma. No change in voltage. This to me is very exciting. This is double the current and the meter was still rising when I turned the cleaner off. It has only been a few minutes but the cells are holding the current. I will continue to monitor.
                              Brad S

Comment

• I have an ultrasonic. But I have not obtained the material for the cells. but
                                I will. Ive been following. where to start though. With IBP glue with epsom and salt substitute? or is there another that was easily replicated to try in the ultrasonic.

Comment

Working...
                                X