Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
    I did another experiment..I was curious about something different. I made another battery with AWG#26 quadfilar coil on the bottom with a crushed ferrite core, only 3 Ohms on teflon tape spool. Copper coiled electrode is above, just 3 turns. I have also Al electrode, 3/4" wide 1/8" thick reaching to the bottom of the can (beer can of course). I connected a scope to the battery output and fed one winding of bottom coil from function generator. There is nothing going on.... until I reach 1-1.5 MHz. Despite feeding with a square wave I'm getting a sin-wave but with something extra when I change a duty cycle. Sin becomes an h like shape with some ringing. What more, amplitude changes from 50mV to over 2V. Right now battery reads 1.160 and it is climbing. Maybe this is not important but i thought to share anyhow. I can take a snapshot or make a short vid if anyone is interested.

Vtech
    yep, i can't visualise the setup you're describing. Thanks.
    Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Curing

Here is a not very good picture of my cement battery curing on the sauna rocks. In the tradition of John B. using a beer can even though I don't drink
      alcohol. Mix includes alum, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, magnesium.
      Used a 2 inch piece of copper pipe with copper tubing from an old
      thermocouple wrapped around it. Also added extra pieces of aluminum inside the can since it was so thin. Did not have sand so crushed up some sauna rock
      and mixed that in.

FRC
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Inquorate View Post
        yep, i can't visualise the setup you're describing. Thanks.
        My setup: http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...l/IMG_0345.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...l/IMG_0352.jpg

Scope shots:
        http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...l/IMG_0347.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...l/IMG_0353.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...l/IMG_0350.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...l/IMG_0351.jpg

As I said, maybe this is just a coupling between coils but I found it interesting.
        Battery is heated and will go back to the oven.

Vtech
        'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Update:
          I measured all batteries and they read 1.303, 1.380, 1.402 in the order I built them. However, as far as current goes when shorted out the strongest is the first one, which I made three days ago. I'm reading 25mA, 15mA and 5mA in the same order they were made. They all run monopole rotor and are capable of powering LED with oscillator also, when in series they power LED directly. They all respond to the temperature changes. I'll try to get to the garage and fetch some more Al cans to make couple more with increased copper electrode surface (bigger coil) and trying different rock mix.

Vtech
          'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Got my hands on copper sulfate and zinc oxide Copper(II) sulfate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            Zinc oxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            Lemon battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia at a horse feed distributor, going to get some portland cement on the way home today, have a couple of cans and copper wire, alum powder and borax. Let the experiments begin

@blackchisel - no idea what it means but thanks for the pics. Does a similar coil do the same thing outside of a cell?
            Last edited by Inquorate; 02-27-2011, 11:36 PM. Reason: Added links
            Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inquorate View Post
              Got my hands on copper sulfate and zinc oxide Copper(II) sulfate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              Zinc oxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              Lemon battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia at a horse feed distributor, going to get some portland cement on the way home today, have a couple of cans and copper wire, alum powder and borax. Let the experiments begin

@blackchisel - no idea what it means but thanks for the pics. Does a similar coil do the same thing outside of a cell?
              Thanks for joining
              Well, I was hoping to see some "disturbance in the force' inside the battery. I tried to look at the wave while connected with a scope to the terminals but it was very faint. I could see kind of pulsing but it could be different origin. My idea was to feed the battery with a wave and pick a feedback from the electrodes. I guess it came from seeing something similar: multilayer earth battery with Cu-rock mix-Fe-rock mix-Cu-etc. Copper and Iron was coiled but don't know what type (pancake??) There was another coil fed from a modulator. There was apparently 6 x amplification. if I remember correctly. I think this experiment had something to do with earth telluric currents and resonance. John Bedini may know something more about that. There was one patent from late 1800, I think it was Cerpeaux but I don't think he used modulator What I believed I found was just a point where both coils "communicated". What caused the distortion - I don't know. I can try this outside but I doubt it has any importance in our work.

I spend half a day removing couple feet of white stuff from my driveway . I just finished another battery, slightly bigger with 3" dia copper coil made of 1/2 pipe, flattened, sanded and 8" lenght of aluminum dryer flex pipe. I couldn't find any cans around. I used portland - 80%, rinsed traction sand 10%(it has some nice little rocks in it!) and 10% of alum. Just put it in the oven and checked for shorts. She is just under 1V while wet.

Vtech

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Cement types

When people are talking of Portland cement , is this a brand type or a certain grade of cement mix. cheers Jason Schmidt . @John B . I replied to your message with an explanation .

Comment

• John Bedini,

You stated that - "First I'm not a real chemist but I do know allot about chemicals as I never forgot my training in second year chemistry.
                  Here is what must be done if this is to work, the plates must be different somehow. if you take magnesium and aluminum you will get in water a .7 volt difference. aluminum and aluminum you will get .3 volts but as soon as the oxygen is depleted the cell will be useless until you add a depolarizer to it to replace the oxygen. "

What do you mean by the plates must be different? If the plates are the same you still get a voltage, like you stated around .3 volts. What i don't understand is what you say about the oxygen getting depleted. I've done countless test with two aluminum plates placed in distilled water and i get a voltage, and i don't see how oxygen would get depleted. The water does evaporate but simply placing a lid on the top of the cell will trap the water thus the water stays the same. I thought it took energy to get the oxygen out of water, like using electrolysis. I figured if it works with water it should work with you earth cells and cement cells, using the same metals instead of copper and aluminum that you already use.

I don't mean to intrude onto your thread it just that your cell seem a lot like mine. Thank you for your time.
                  All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by N O G View Post
                    When people are talking of Portland cement , is this a brand type or a certain grade of cement mix. cheers Jason Schmidt . @John B . I replied to your message with an explanation .
                    Yes it is a brand, but people also use this term for regular cement concrete mix.
                    Someone correct me if I am wrong.

FRC

Comment

• Portland cement

Originally posted by N O G View Post
                      When people are talking of Portland cement , is this a brand type or a certain grade of cement mix. cheers Jason Schmidt .
                      Portland cement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting ingredients..

Vtech
                      Last edited by blackchisel97; 02-28-2011, 02:29 AM. Reason: edit

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Originally posted by FRC View Post
                        Yes it is a brand, but people also use this term for regular cement concrete mix.
                        Someone correct me if I am wrong.

FRC
                        all of the above i guess it'll bring down the number of variables so we can see which additives work best.

On that note, anyone thought yet to put a red bull can cell inside a beer can cell? Don't know what it'll do but i'll try it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by N O G View Post
                          Virtual Cement Plant Tour | Portland Cement Association (PCA)

There are varieties of portland cement that have different admixtures.
                          Because batteries made from cement are not well documented
                          most of the information about portland cement deals with cement structural properties and not very much on electrical properties for making batteries.

If dielectric constant is a factor then the admixture of the portland cement can be changed but at this point doesn't seem necessary.

John B has been adding various ingredients that has been improving the cells performance. At this time the cells are working, we are beginning to see more multi-cell arrangements. I think this past week the progress in development has exceeded any other time and continues on an accelerated
                          pace and the thread has had over 11,844 views since started Feb 2, 2011
                          When Lidmotor, John B and others were reviewing the lasersabre joule ringer and it's Mg(ribbon)/C cell regarding the ribbon's degrade.
                          The cell changed directions, John built a the pure magnesium/carbon/alum (it worked great) after that the portland cement cell was introduced by Lid
                          as a way to reduce cost. John and several others have been steadily making some really nice improvements
                          Great Job everyone, incredible !!!
                          Last edited by mikrovolt; 02-28-2011, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Cement types

Thanks everyone for your quick replies , muchly appreciated .Going to start getting some ingredients together. cheers Jason Schmidt

Comment

• Earth Lights/Crystal Cell

Ibpointless2,
                              Here is what is meant by that statement. If you have two plates the same we find no difference in the metals in a water electrolyte. The two aluminum plates developed a standing voltage of .3 volts but the minute you draw current the Hydrogen level goes up and current is reduced on the negative plate and the cell is useless unless you add a depolarizer agent to stop the hydrogen being accumulated at that negative plate at witch time you have an increase in current only because the oxygen returns .

So what I was saying to you is that you must make the plates from oxide of aluminum with a paste method. That way you can put a charge and change the two metals just like a lead acid battery works, only your going to use water instead of acid.

I should have said your starving the cell for oxygen because of the hydrogen build up on the negative plate that is why you sometimes see a reverse in polarity like I have seen.

I understand you get voltage with little useable current because you do not have a big difference in the two metals but you still need to do something about the build up of hydrogen on the negative side so you can use the oxygen. As long as the cell your building is standing with the switch open you have voltage, now ask for current and it will deplete to very little. But when you let it rest and open the circuit it will recover it's voltage again.

What I have found is that earth cells require a big difference in the two metals.

I'm testing your cell tomorrow with two aluminum plates in cement on the graph recorder to see what it will do under load I will send you that information or post it if you want. So Chuck and I did make your cell with Cement and will test it. Now if you point to the test with just water and no cement that is what I will do.
                              John B
                              John Bedini
                              www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Question

@John Bedini, do you suggest curing battery in the oven with a resistor across terminals? That's what I was doing and found that they sometimes gain faster with resistor than without, which is something I don't understand. I have 52 kOhm connected.
                                I just made two more, smaller - in redbull (not that I believe in can properties but it was the only one I found today) and a 2lb with much bigger electrode surface. Bigger measured 1.10 V while wet and small 0.89V. They sitting in the oven over 6 hrs.
                                One more question: I was thinking about building crystalline structure on the electrodes in separate solution, than placing them in battery and pouring concrete with other ingredients over. What do you think about that?
                                Thank you
                                Vtech
                                Last edited by blackchisel97; 02-28-2011, 06:27 AM. Reason: edit spelling

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
                                X