Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Carbon/Magnesium cell with alum/borax solution

I did follow John Bedini idea of using alum/borax solution in C-Mg cell. I don't have a carbon or magnesium rod to replicate exactly what he did but was curious to try with available materials - YouTube - Carbon/Magnesium Cell w/ alum/borax electrolyte
    I also connected cell to my small 3 pole rotor (no oscillator) with 3V LED across the reed and it spins happily.
    YouTube - Active Carbon/Magnesium cell with alum/borax and monopole rotor

ps. my apology for the audio. I tried to swap several times and youtube doesn't work as it should.

Vtech
    Last edited by blackchisel97; 02-21-2011, 08:27 PM. Reason: edit
    'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Originally posted by FRC View Post
      I have been charging it both conventional and with solid state SSG charger.
      Doing much better than when it was still lead acid (higher standing voltage).
      I am pretty sure I did not use enough alum less than one container of it. So
      will probably just try adding more. Can't complain, there has been an improvement. But you may be right battery is to far gone to start with. By the way, it is an Interstate battery.

FRC
      My battery was fully restored while being acid, then converted to alum.

Vtech
      'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• vtech

Just added more alum after a bit of SSG charging. Now on 2 amp conventional charge again. I have the same Canadian Tire meter you have . Are you in Canada ?

FRC

Comment

• Originally posted by FRC View Post
          Just added more alum after a bit of SSG charging. Now on 2 amp conventional charge again. I have the same Canadian Tire meter you have . Are you in Canada ?

FRC
          Yes, PEI. Forget the conventional charging. I would use only John's technology to recharge and wouldn't change between SSG and conventional.

Vtech
          Last edited by blackchisel97; 02-21-2011, 07:04 AM. Reason: edit

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Thoughts on Reid

It seams that Reids cell is an p-n junction where the N-type has been doped to the point where the fermi level fades into the conductive level.

p-n junction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Possible break down the Reid cell:

1. Outer casing: Aluminum
            2. inner casing ring next to aluminum: P-type sodium silicate doped with either boron, aluminum or gallium.
            3. yellowish organic flowing layer: possible space charge regions between P-N type layers
            4. Inner fill: N-type sodium silicate over doped with antimony or arsenic
            5. star core: some type of metal (copper, aluminum, steel)

Doped Semiconductors

rw
            Last edited by everyidea; 02-21-2011, 05:37 PM.
            My Calloway V Gate Motor Video

Comment

• Earth Lights/ Crystal battery

@ all,
              I'm going to have Chuck post an image to this group of the real Marcus Reid battery.
              I saved all of the when it first appeared the cell uses some things that you just cant get as a consumer. Barium Titanate when heated changes to PBti03 so this is what makes the difference in the cell. This compound works in the Infrared spectrum, that is what these cells seem to be converting to useable power.
              I think that some of these can be made through a process using electrolysis and then drying out the mixture, will give it a try. Portland cement also could be made to work if it is doped right. I had to search through 10 different drives to find this image. It was removed from the links you are now posting it's the only thing missing so I suggest you copy it off now.
              John B
              Last edited by John_Bedini; 02-21-2011, 05:46 PM.
              John Bedini
              www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Marcus Reid Crystal Cell

Per John Bedini her is the image
                Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks John!

Thanks for posting that image John and Chuck H. Here's some links to purchase the hard to find items.

Al = Aluminum

Na2SiO3 + SrTiO3 = Sodium Silicate (Water Glass) + Strontium Titanate American Elements: Strontium Titanate    Supplier & Tech Info

PbTiO3 = Lead Titanate American Elements: Lead Titanate Supplier & Tech Info

CuO = Copper Oxide American Elements: Copper Oxide Supplier & Tech Info

Cu = Copper

rw

Comment

• Crystal cell Earth Lights

Everyidea,
                    Thanks for posting the links. I will post a crystal cell tonight on youtube at first I thought it did not work but after the weekend it came to life holding a steady current of 100Ua. So I will make a youtube of it and what I mixed together. Now that I know where the cell is operating this is going to be easy for everybody to do.
                    John B
                    John Bedini
                    www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• A lot of high energy elements are no longer avilable to the public.

I have bought Barium Titanate, (BaTiO3, 99.9%, 100 nm) from abroad. It is $1 per gram.
                      Kevin TAO's store Small Orders Online Store

You can make your own with Titanium Dioxide and Barium hydroxide, anyone interested in making these, I have a Crystal thread that I started but no one seemss interested. There have been questions about silicon refining at home and you can do that easily too.

Sorry to keep barging in but you guys need to see what is the source of your energy?. And Barium Titanate is not the only element, you can alloy different common elements and acieve the same result.

What you need is High Dielectric constant or high permititty. And there are many elements that when combined achieve this property.

good efforts.

Thanks JB.

Comment

• Originally posted by power1 View Post
                        Barium Titanate is not the only element, you can alloy different common elements and acieve the same result.
                        I'm all ears, please feel free to elaborate. Barium Titanate is very spendy, so a simple alternative is greatly appreciated.

Power1, Please feel free to share how you believe this is working. In order for us to grow it's vital to share everyone's learned knowledge.

rw
                        Last edited by everyidea; 02-21-2011, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Barium Titanate ( BaTiO3 )

The chemical formula for Barium Titanate is BaTiO3. As a powder it is white to gray in color and has a perovskite structure.

It is soluble in many acids including sulfuric, hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acids. It is insoluble in alkali and water.

In the pure form it is an electrical insulator. However, when doped with small amounts of metals, most notably scandium, yttrium, neodymium, samarium etc it becomes semiconducting.

As a semiconductor it exhibits positive temperature of co-efficient of resistivity (PTCR) properties in the polycrystalline form. This means at a certain temperature, called the Curie temperature, the material will exhibit an increase in resistivity, the increase typically being several orders of magnitude. The Curie temperature can to some extent be controlled by the dopant. At the Curie temperature, barium titanate undergoes a phase change from tetrahedral to cubic. It has also been reported that single crystals of barium titanate exhibit negative temperature co-efficient of resistivity (NTCR) properties.

Barium titanate also exhibits ferroelectric properties and is an excellent photo refractive material.

Due to its PTCR properties, barium titanate is most often found used as a thermistor e.g. in thermal switches.

BASF filed a patent on supercapacitors and barium titanate is one of the components - number 7,023,687.

Richard Weir & Carl Nelson: Barium-Titanate Ultra-Capacitor

Our Products - Barium Titanate - Manufacturer of Speciality Chemicals | Toll Contract Processing | Contract Packing | Thermograde (Powered by CubeCart) - Barium Titanate E1 Grade | Barium Titanate | Barium | Titanate | Titanates | E1 Grade | E1BATI03

Barium Titanate (Barium Titanium Oxide, BaTiO3) powder

Vtech

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                            Everyidea,
                            Thanks for posting the links. I will post a crystal cell tonight on youtube at first I thought it did not work but after the weekend it came to life holding a steady current of 100Ua. So I will make a youtube of it and what I mixed together. Now that I know where the cell is operating this is going to be easy for everybody to do.
                            John B
                            That was reported on crystal cell research as well or even decrease during weeks or a month period, than sudden burst and steady increase regardless of load being connected or not.
                            Great news

Vtech

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Originally posted by everyidea View Post
                              I'm all ears, please feel free to elaborate. Barium Titanate is very spendy, so a simple alternative is greatly appreciated.

Power1, Please feel free to share how you believe this is working. In order for us to grow it's vital to share everyone's learned knowledge.

rw
                              this is already done folks, PZT is a creamic composite that is produced commercially, it is utilized by Nokia for self charging phones, however you can modify the lattice to tap into cosmic rays for real power harvesting.

there are complete published papers online of method of fabrication, there was also a study where a laptop was self powered just by harvesting kinetic energy from typing to charge battery, but there's a whole lot more that can be done with it.

I would hate to hijack JB's thread, please start a different one or use my crystal thread for further discussions.

Comment

• if cosmic is too exotic, then target infra red and x rays, they are available 24 hrs. i was able to get amp, not mili amp but real amps from small cells.

Comment

Working...
                                X