Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Light

Freezer, I'm Going to post everything I find out about this cell on some pages you can go to as soon as I have some free time. if lidmotor wants to post the diagram it's ok with me.I'm out of space here on the group. If Lasersaber would join in on this discussion it would be very helpful as we build these circuits as he has been running little motors for days with these type devices. I'm not here to disprove anything he did but to find out what the failures are going to be with different materials.
    John B
    Last edited by John_Bedini; 02-05-2011, 04:52 PM. Reason: adding info
    John Bedini
    www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Sorry for asking

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
      Sorry off subject of Joules for a moment....
      John K,
      Some very Interesting things have happened to the rock battery, Transmutation has taken place with the magnesium, the magnesium will no longer burn, as it is not magnesium it looks like it.

The funny thing I think it's now silver as it seem to reacts the same way. What ever was in the Pyrite has now changed the magnesium, it's a soft material like gold or silver not lead. The rock is no longer Pyrite either, the Pyrite has a silver luster to it and no longer works as Iron pyrite.

Tom Bearden has said this before and I have done the experiments on minerals to prove that. It's that little spike that science refuses to look at. I have seen this happen in batteries when they had clear cases you could see the plates change and watch the plating take place. Hell your whole nervous system works on that little spike before the energy in EM appears.This is a real head scratchier. And Iron Pyrite is a mysterious rock. More experiments to find out what it is.
      John B
      Sorry for asking, I know you are very busy John, any idea yet as to what the
      magnesium turned into ? Any updates would be appreciated. Thanks

George

Comment

Earth

FRC,
        I have sent it off to Ron Case to see what happened to it. it will probably get to him by Wednesday. Something very inserting Chuck and
        I were able to get some of it to burn, but it took allot of heat to do it.

The other thing that I'm seeing is a build up of what looks like calcium, just from the water supply here. when using just distilled water nothing happens.

The other experiment is just placing magnesium in water causes it's own galvanic action, air is far worse when it starts to oxidize and turns white. The only failures I had were reed switches they just wear out from fatigue. So what I found out no matter what metal you use it will eventually destroy itself in any condition.

I also found that to work with currents this small the circuits must be very efficient. I have an Amplifier circuit that works good with the earth cells, so you can power things like radios or play music, I will youtube that when I'm done. My ground is frozen here so I cant test to see what happens in the ground yet, but I will soon. I will report everything I do for test here.
        John B
        John Bedini
        www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Earth Light

FRC,
          I have sent it off to Ron Case to see what happened to it. it will probably get to him by Wednesday. Something very intresting Chuck and
          I were able to get some of it to burn, but it took allot of heat to do it.

The other thing that I'm seeing is a build up of what looks like calcium, just from the water supply here. when using just distilled water nothing happens.

The other experiment is just placing magnesium in water causes it's own galvanic action, air is far worse when it starts to oxidize and turns white. The only failures I had were reed switches they just wear out from fatigue. So what I found out no matter what metal you use it will eventually destroy itself in any condition.

I also found that to work with currents this small the circuits must be very efficient. I have an Amplifier circuit that works good with the earth cells, so you can power things like radios or play music, I will youtube that when I'm done. My ground is frozen here so I can't test to see what happens in the ground yet, but I will soon. I will report everything I do for test here. Oh forgot to say I have one in a pot out back the light is still going day and night.

John B
          Last edited by John_Bedini; 02-06-2011, 03:30 AM.
          John Bedini
          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Freezer, I'm Going to post everything I find out about this cell on some pages you can go to as soon as I have some free time. if lidmotor wants to post the diagram it's ok with me.I'm out of space here on the group. If Lasersaber would join in on this discussion it would be very helpful as we build these circuits as he has been running little motors for days with these type devices. I'm not here to disprove anything he did but to find out what the failures are going to be with different materials.
            John B
            Thanks, much appreciated. Would make a great garden light if we could stick these cells in the ground, and not have the regular galvanic decay.

Comment

Thanks John

FRC,
              The only failures I had were reed switches they just wear out from fatigue. So what I found out no matter what metal you use it will eventually destroy itself in any condition. John B
              Thanks John, About reed switches, everyone complains about them wearing out.
              Could there be some way that a mercury switch could be used instead ? Tilting
              it or something. Matthew Jones used automotive points for his "Simple motor" .
              They seemed to work well except for the sparking.There must be a better way !

George
              Last edited by FRC; 02-06-2011, 07:30 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

@FRC
                Points are metal too.... LOL.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Freezer View Post
                  Thanks, much appreciated. Would make a great garden light if we could stick these cells in the ground, and not have the regular galvanic decay.
                  Hi Freezer, I agree, i have almost finished a kind of a long term earth battery just ouside the hut, I haven't filled the hole's in yet and already I get .98 volts. It's just a test setup to try some things. I might try some magnesium sulfate solution around the battery pole's and between them, later on if necessary. For a garden light it would be nice to simplify it down to a twin stake setup and circuit. Just push into the ground and hey presto, light.

I'm going to try building Johns light circuit tonight and try it even before i've finshed the battery. With the reflector setup from an old garden light maybe some good lighting can be had. Thanks for the circuit John.

Cheers

Comment

If you have a moment take a look at Magnesium molecule :
                    page 7 of this book is an illustration of unalloyed magnesium, it is hexagon shaped,
                    Magnesium and magnesium alloys - Google Books
                    The Carbon /Mg fuel cell (battery) is working. If there is any chance to have a real maintenance free battery that would be worth the effort. It does not have to compete with anything as it is a concept model. There should be a work around for the squeeze but it does'nt appear to be that big a deal I thought at first I might get a carbon hand print but its just water.
                    I share a passion for fuel cells as do most here. If we focus only at the cell as having a membrane or electron transport mechanism we may fail to see that H2 itself can be the cathode or that the Carbon was not consumed and just regular water was used and the LED lit nicely. It works ! A replica of the earth light will give more information why it keeps running and how that can help future Carbon/Mg fuel cell builders .
                    Look forward to see more earth lights.

Comment

vacuum tube

J.BThe other thing that I'm seeing is a build up of what looks like calcium, just from the water supply here. when using just distilled water nothing happens.

Just wondering if enclosing cell in vacuum would slow down deterioration process but not affect operation? Any mineral particles/deposits in the water will cause galvanic reaction and destroy magnesium by creating salts. Purity of water seems to be important. I did replicate John experiment, able to spin rotor with slightly over 0.4V at 5mA. I have only 3 neos. Waiting for other supplies. I found large 6"x6"x1 - 2" thick carbon/graphite blocks. Wonder if drilling holes and multiple magnesium rods could perform better?
                      This is very interesting thread. Unable to work on it while over the road but reading and watching. Also, I found this page - Mineral Gallery - the Silicate Class. I hope it may be useful.

Vtech
                      Last edited by blackchisel97; 02-06-2011, 06:45 PM. Reason: edit
                      'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

magnesium and oxygen atom

I would guess that magnesium reacts with water creating what use to be called "magnesia alba" or magnesium oxide. (MgO + H2O → Mg(OH)2). this is reversible process (heat). There maybe additional compounds from minerals in the water or air. Curious if there will be difference between de ionized and de mineralized distilled water?

Vtech
                        'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

It seems that you’re going to have a galvanic reaction no matter if you use salt water or plain water; the galvanic reaction has to do with the two dissimilar metals. So how would you go about stopping the galvanic reaction? Use similar metals. Galvanic corrosion can only happen when you have two dissimilar metals, so using the same metal will eliminate the galvanic reaction.

I’ve have played with the idea of a similar metal “earth cell / water battery” and they do work. They get their power very differently than a normal cell that uses the galvanic reaction. They seem to be very dependent of temperature, collecting the radiant heat energy with hotter temps giving higher power. They also seem to take a load and shorting out very well. If anyone is interested in exploring a “water battery” that isn’t really affected by galvanic corrosion then I’ll post some video links below for you to check out.

I see plenty of similarities of my “water battery” which I called the water captret battery and bedini’s earth cell. Bedini shows us in one of his videos that he could squeeze the “coil” and it would bring the cell back to life by releasing the gas that’s trapped. I see the very same thing with my water captrets, The plates would become enlarged (inflated) with gas that would not get released; but squeezing the plates brought them to a higher voltage. Also using hot water would also give better voltage too. Mine are not batteries either, i fill like they're capacitors because of the way they use heat to make electricity. I've made a video of what i'm talking about when it comes to capacitors collecting heat to get a gain in voltage here YouTube - Capacitors are Heat and Piezo energy collectors

And here are some of work with the water captret battery aka similar metal water battery.

YouTube - How to make a Water Captret Battery.MP4
                          YouTube - Water Captret increase power over time when given a load
                          YouTube - Water Captret can be hooked in series

I saw some colorations between my work and Bedini's and thought i could share what learn so far.
                          All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Earth Light

Ibpointless2
                            Sorry for not answering right away but I was consumed in some other work on these cells.

I think I have found the answer to the magnesium and the carbon. Your cell, I have noticed the same thing you have about two different size metals of the same type.

When you use the same metal and you have a size difference you form a gradient between the two pieces of metal that is in potential charge. Have you tried two pieces of copper, or two different size carbon rods? Good work.
                            John B
                            John Bedini
                            www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Ibpointless2
                              Sorry for not answering right away but I was consumed in some other work on these cells.

I think I have found the answer to the magnesium and the carbon. Your cell, I have noticed the same thing you have about two different size metals of the same type.

When you use the same metal and you have a size difference you form a gradient between the two pieces of metal that is in potential charge. Have you tried two pieces of copper, or two different size carbon rods? Good work.
                              John B

Yes most, but not all metals work such as copper and bronze. A normal cell at room temp will be around 100mV, but when i use boiling hot water i get close to 500mV. So i'm seeing radiant temperature of the water or plates will increase the voltage and plate size increases amps. I was also surprised when in your video you talked about gas being trapped and squeezing the cell brought more power out of it. I see the same thing with my cells, at first i thought it just water and the capillary action, but squeezing the plate only gas came out.

The two carbon rods sounds like a good idea but i have not tried it. Its been awhile but if i do remember right not all metals will work, i think zinc didn't work at all. But the metals that do work do amazing job, I leave the cells shorted out much like a electret because if you don't they seem to get weaker. My biggest problems now has to do with nature. I can't stop evaporating water and any metal left in the environment will sooner or later decay. Tap water may not be the best either, i see what looks like calcium build up on the cups.

I look forward to your next video about the cells. Keep up the good work!
                              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Ibpointless2, What kind of current are you seeing with the water cell? The voltage could be dealt with but the current would be important for powering small items.
                                ________
                                BeautifullNightmare
                                Last edited by dragon; 05-11-2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X