No announcement yet.

Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, I meant to say Chuck H, no video available.

Comment

• Glue cell powers pancake joule thief

Welcome back John Bedini and chuck h. Your absence here has been missed. Your insight and knowledge on these crystal cells is invaluable, I hope you do not wait until next August as Chuck stated to share more about this technology. I, for one, am hungry to hear more and yes the link provided to see the cells powering the window motor indicates the video has been removed.
      @IB:
      I took a little different direction with your glue cell and posted a short video of the new cell and it running the steel wire pancake coil joule thief. I hope you enjoy this.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWgmaHcPblw
      I am still very confused about these cells, but the experience working with them is making me ask questions and searching for answers and that is a good thing.
      Brad S

Comment

• Here's one, will get a couple more in series and paralleled to run the window B kit. later:

‪min2oly's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

patrick

Comment

• Brad:

That new cell looks nice, good to see you placing it in a hermetically sealed encasing.
          That may be what is also needed for the cement cells as well, but just on the top of the can, as water won't dry out, and electrodes may not rust, thus helping to prevent the weakening of the cell.
          I think that clear epoxy and Epsom as an electrolyte would work better than the white glue, as it has no water. Worth a try, I can make it with regular salt instead, to try it out for now.
          John Bedini does not think that these cells work on a galvanic reaction, I don't either. Nobody has been able to explain why all regular galvanic cells lose their charge, but these don't. My feeling is that they are working from the potential difference between the two different electrodes that is what is driving them. Salt just improves the ion transfer, but does not create it.
          Same metal electrodes don't have as much of a potential voltage difference and therefore less output, but still work from the same idea.
          Lithium is also a salt, maybe that can be used, if it can be obtained.

Comment

• Window motor at 2011 convention

Here is the video. Sorry I uploaded wrong video format in last post. that has been corrected. here is new link. This is a 30+ pound rotor. Cells are in series.

‪Window motor on crystal cells.wmv‬‏ - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by minoly View Post
              Here's one, will get a couple more in series and paralleled to run the window B kit. later:

‪min2oly's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

patrick
              Any one able to help? John B.?

I'm racking my brain trying to find the info on what else JB was/is doping those copper bowl crystal cells w/
              much appreciated,

Patrick

Comment

• Doping

@ Minoly. Only alum, Copper, H2O, and Magnesium. Thats it!

Comment

• Originally posted by chuck H View Post
                  @ Minoly. Only alum, Copper, H2O, and Magnesium. Thats it!
                  excellent - Thanks
                  that's what I have in there, just thought I remembered something else - I must be loosing it...

Patrick

Comment

• @chuckH and John Bedini
                    Hi thankyou for taking time to drop by and for sharing.
                    Is there a source for magnesium plate ?

Comment

• sorry that I have not been posting lately due to I have lost my internect connection becuase some road company cut it.

These cells are confusing when they don't corrode or die. I will try to answer your questions the best I can but the lack of internet is really making it hard.

I still play with these glue crystal cells a lot now since i have a lot of free time. I have some still connected to the clock and even though i left it connected when i went to sleep and the screen had no power to it i woke up the next morning to see that the screen had power to it, as if the cell recharged it self over night with the LCD clock as a load. The LCD clock is still going and fluxuates in and out but now keeps the screen lit all the time. Also a very noticable flashing is coming from the LCD.

I've also noticed that glue may not be needed. I took some water and mix in a lot of salt subsititue and Epsom salts and soak some paper in it too. I put the paper between the aluminum and copper plates to dry and hung them up. The paper is bone dry and feels like sand paper; the cells still produce power showing me that glue and water was never needed. I'm doing shorting out test on it now to see if a galvanic reaction occurs.

Sorry if i'm not quick to respond as my internet is down. I have some new videos i shot of some cool things the glue cells are doing and not doing but I need my internet to upload them. I'm also panning on making a big multicell glue crystal cell too, I'm thinking about a 20 to 50 maybe of these cells in series to see what I can power.

Lets keep up the good work, I think we're making cells that are not galvanic anymore.
                      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by b_rads View Post
                        I am very impressed the way you charged the capacitor. How long did it take to charge? Can you verify this for me - I connected a glue cell in series to a "AA" and the voltage reading increased same as you showed in your video. The issue I ran into though, the glue cell blocks current while allowing voltage. I could not pull any current from the "AA" when connected in series to the glue cell. I hope this question has been stated clearly enough to understand what I am asking.
                        Thanks,
                        Brad S
                        Yes it block current but also acts like a capacitor too. No current being consumed means no power is being taken from the battery. You must put the voltage in a capacitor (AA to Cell to Capacitor) and store the energy in capacitor and then the capacitor can do the Power work for you as it will convert it. You don't need amps to do work, just a lot voltage.
                        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Encapsulated cell

Originally posted by b_rads View Post
                          Welcome back John Bedini and chuck h. Your absence here has been missed. Your insight and knowledge on these crystal cells is invaluable, I hope you do not wait until next August as Chuck stated to share more about this technology. I, for one, am hungry to hear more and yes the link provided to see the cells powering the window motor indicates the video has been removed.
                          @IB:
                          I took a little different direction with your glue cell and posted a short video of the new cell and it running the steel wire pancake coil joule thief. I hope you enjoy this.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWgmaHcPblw
                          I am still very confused about these cells, but the experience working with them is making me ask questions and searching for answers and that is a good thing.
                          Brad S
                          I am curious how long your encapsulated cell will work. I hope that you give us a report later on. Trapping everything inside a chunk of plastic is a very interesting idea. The chemical reaction will still take place but the pressure and lack of an air interface might just slow it down. Maybe not. I don't know. Let us know what happens.

Lidmotor

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                            I am curious how long your encapsulated cell will work. I hope that you give us a report later on. Trapping everything inside a chunk of plastic is a very interesting idea. The chemical reaction will still take place but the pressure and lack of an air interface might just slow it down. Maybe not. I don't know. Let us know what happens.

Lidmotor
                            I too will be interested to see how long it lasts and will certainly keep the group posted on the status. Next time I make these cells I will not use insulated copper wire. The liquid plastic creates a good amount of heat when the catalyst is added and allowed a small amount of seepage at the cathode. I will try 3 in 1 oil on the metals above the electrolyte as you suggested. Wish I could take credit for this but, NickZ has been suggesting this idea for a while. I also intend to try this concept with the John Bedini/chuck H copper(semiconductor)/magnesium/alum for comparison.
                            Thanks,
                            Brad S

Comment

• JB's burnt copper bowl and magnesium cell

@All
                              I did some digging back in this thread and found the video that Aaron made showing John B. and Chuck making the burnt copper bowl and magnesium cells. This is a cell that I have not made yet and is on my to do list. It is "doable" by any kitchen table experimenter like me and obviously works---and lasts!! Here is the video posted many pages ago by Inquorate. It was before this thread went somewhat quiet.

‪Bedini Copper, Alum and Magnesium Battery‬‏ - YouTube

Lidmotor

Comment

• This guy is showing that the Mg/Carbon blocks produce more current using bleach, than salt. And I think that salt produces more current than Alum. What we don't know is how long will the bleach last, or can you just add more straight bleach when it dries out. Bleach is something that I can get here. I was also thinking of trying honey as the electrolyte, as it has special qualities that might help to keep the rust at bay.
                                ‪Magnesium carbon & liquid bleach battery cell‬‏ - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X