Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper sulfate is a poison

Vtech,
    It looks like it's working. Be careful as Copper sulfate is a poison so wash your hands keep well ventilated when boiling it. I kept the back door open
    Oh one other thing the brown reddish is copper oxide you might want to keep that as an oxide of copper.
    JB
    Last edited by John_Bedini; 03-02-2011, 06:28 AM. Reason: Adding info
    John Bedini
    www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• we will be seeing nice cells !

Ammonium aluminum sulphate, how it is made ch 7.1 page 439
      Aluminum Sulfate and Alums

you probably have the right stuff when you read it is food quality for pickling.
      Food Grade Alum

other chemicals can be found here:
      Axner Pottery Supply - Raw Materials
      Chemicals
      Bailey Ceramic Supply - Clay - Dry Clays and Chemicals

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
        Vtech,
        It looks like it's working. Be careful as Copper sulfate is a poison so wash your hands keep well ventilated when boiling it. I kept the back door open
        Oh one other thing the brown reddish is copper oxide you might want to keep that as an oxide of copper.
        JB
        Thanks John Yes, I use to have a lab at home (beside electronic lab) since my father was a chemist and inventor. Long time ago but I still remember as he cautioned me about chemicals. I keep cleaning negative electrode from oxide once is starting to separate and setting on the bottom and yes, I keep it
        I ordered some copper sulfate from GB but it will take a while and I don't like waiting
        I took some measurements of my oldest batteries. They all read between 1.150 - 1.505V. The strongest one is "Dr Pepper" When connected to the oscillator I can decrease resistance and mA meter hits the end post which means over 20mA. LED is more than fully lit. She can hold over 20mA and V drop is very slow. What I did was a cement, 5% alum, 1tsp glass water, 2tsp calcium carbonate (2 large dissolving pills from med. cabinet) and 1/2 tsp of potassium permanganate KMnO4. All other cells except those new one in the oven have between 5-10 mA when shorted out.
        I'll check the new ones later today when they dry a bit more.

Vtech
        'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• I can't edit my previous post
          I forgot about another battery poured inside 2L pop plastic bottle (neck removed) I used aluminum flex dryer hose and large 1/2 coil inside. She behaves like "Dr Pepper", while shorted mA meter hits the end post on 20mA scale. I'm reading just over 1.35V but as far as steady current she is the strong one.
          I used 80% portland, 10% traction sand (washed), 5% alum, 1Tbsp liquid glass and 1Tbsp sodium bicarbonate.

Vtech
          'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

Ibpointlass2,
            The energy comes from the crystal lattice, but when examining the electrodes I see oxide forming on them and this it what allows the ions to move between plates, your battery was doped with Water Glass chemical grade heated to boiling, now the battery has twice the power. If you even touch the battery the heat from your hand can drive this to over 500Mv at 1.6 K ohms. The battery also has changed potential on the electrodes two times, but the current stays constant. As soon as the oxide forms on the metals the cell goes into operation, shorting them is no problem the cells just pop right back up. Any way I will keep reporting on this cell.
            John B

That's a big increase in power when you just touch the cell, Does it increase when placed in the sun or when you blow warm air on it?

I've seen the pates swap potentials in my cells before. Sometimes, but not all the time, i can determine the potential of a cell by making one plate bigger than the other but it still can change. When i first started working on these cells the big plate would 98% of time be positive but now the big plate 90% of the time would be negative. When I first started this idea it was colder in temps and now its starting to warm up, do you think temp could have a affect on polarity. Or how about the location of the earth, i started working on this when it was winter and now since its spring the polarities have switched. What do you think would cause the potentials to switch?

I look forward to more results!
            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Thanks.

Hi Chuck H , John B. and all. I have not had time to do any work on these lately but I wanted to take a moment and say thanks for posted all the information and especially posting lots of videos .

many thanks

al

Comment

• Hi guys, I stopped electrolysis earlier today and let it settle a bit. I can see very nice crystals forming already under magnifying glass. Copper oxide sits on the bottom. I'll try to get some pics.
                I also checked my last three batteries which I made 2 nights ago. They are small, inside 2" Al pipe about 6" long. Beside portland I used clear fish pond gravel which really look like crystal up close. I made identical mixture except adding Al radiator seal to one and Cu seal to the other. They are both in the rank of strongest I've made so far as far as current. I can crank down resistance in oscillator and they allow to pull >30mA. V are slowly dropping but at 5mA which makes LED plenty bright voltage stays the same. The third one was made with both, Cu and Al seal but layered. This is Pepsi can and also strong. Will try to take a pic or make a short vid if anyone is interested.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                Al radiator seal
                [IMG][/IMG]
                Copper radiator seal
                [IMG][/IMG]

LED powered directly off 2 cells connected in series. This is 3V LED.
                [IMG][/IMG]
                There is visible thermoelectric effect in those small batteries. Voltage starts to climb within couple seconds when I hold them in my hand
                [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Vtech
                Last edited by blackchisel97; 03-03-2011, 04:45 AM. Reason: added pics

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Earth Lights/ Crystal Cell

Vetec,
                  That is excellent progress.I was looking around and some have been moving things to other forums not anybody we know here but they are not having the success we are having with the cells were building. I keep refining the chemicals to more like semiconductors. I have noticed that the copper oxide treated posts work very good for the copper rod. do a test and you will see. make the copper solution which you already have and make a copper posts very thick in oxide then use that in one of your cells, you might half to adjust the chemicals a little but it works.
                  John B
                  John Bedini
                  www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Vetec,
                    That is excellent progress.I was looking around and some have been moving things to other forums not anybody we know here but they are not having the success we are having with the cells were building. I keep refining the chemicals to more like semiconductors. I have noticed that the copper oxide treated posts work very good for the copper rod. do a test and you will see. make the copper solution which you already have and make a copper posts very thick in oxide then use that in one of your cells, you might half to adjust the chemicals a little but it works.
                    John B
                    Thank you John I was thinking about that. I mean using those oxide covered posts as positive electrodes. Is there such thing as synchronized thinking
                    I'm waiting for the response from Holland Co. in US about sale and shipping of ammonium alum. They deal in 100lb qtity but I'll need to get the broker and all 9 yards. I'm trying to get 5-10lb sample if I can. I verified alum which I got locally, price was nice but it is potassium alum not ammonium.
                    Also I need to improvise efficient hood for cooking. Don't fancy using kitchen stove for that purpose

Update: hood and exhaust is done, looking for a hotplate...coffee maker...

Vtech
                    Last edited by blackchisel97; 03-03-2011, 07:27 AM. Reason: edit text

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Oxide covered posts

To cover a post with oxides all we need to do is put the posts in water with electrolyte and run ac current thru them until a lightbulb in series stops glowing right?
                      Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Hybrid Cement Cell

I worked with variations on the basic cement cell before moving forward with the more advanced designs. I may set up a "cooking" area on my patio outside to be on the safe side.

I built a "Hybrid cell" that worked pretty good and made a short video to show it. It is made of a zinc electrical conduit connector with a piece of copper pipe in the middle. The cement mixture is Quikrete motor mix, Alum, radiator sealer, crushed white marble, and distilled water. The bottom of the cell has the copper and zinc exposed. When the mix set up the output was not that great so I decided to put the cell on a wet cloth with Alum and water on it. This made it galvanic at the bottom where it is in contact with the liquid electrolyte and boosted the power enough to run an LED circuit.

In the video I also show two other completely dry cement cells working. One is running a clock and the other a pulse motor.

YouTube - More load testing on cement batteries.ASF

We may have to wait months to get final readings out of these cells.

Lidmotor

Comment

• Little update. I started brewing finally, after installing exhaust for fumes.
                          I also hooked up "Big Bertha" to my rotor and it spins v.fast for the past 24hrs. Current draw 20mA and it reads about 0.6V under the load. Voltage is fluctuating up and down 2 mV but not dropping at all. Temperature rise even couple degrees causes voltage to rise as well.

@Lidmotor Thanks for vid

Vtech
                          Last edited by blackchisel97; 03-04-2011, 01:26 AM. Reason: spelling

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• The Dr. Pepper cell

Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
                            Little update. I started brewing finally, after installing exhaust for fumes.
                            I also hooked up "Big Bertha" to my rotor and it spins v.fast for the past 24hrs. Current draw 20mA and it reads about 0.6V under the load. Voltage is fluctuating up and down 2 mV but not dropping at all. Temperature rise even couple degrees causes voltage to rise as well.

@Lidmotor Thanks for vid

Vtech
                            Based on what I am seeing--- your "Dr. Pepper" cell works about the best. I am wondering about the potasium permangenate and where it get it. That might be a magic ingredient.

@John B.
                            In my last video I showed a little clock running on one of my cells and I remember a ways back you asked about those potato battery clocks. The one that I found must be like those. It normally use one button cell. I found it at a dollar store and today I wired it into the cement battery permanently. This might be one of those loooong test run items. Someone said that the magic time is exceeding three months when the concrete becomes fully cured. The clock only draws a few micro amps but it needs over 1 volt to run.

Lidmotor

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                              Based on what I am seeing--- your "Dr. Pepper" cell works about the best. I am wondering about the potasium permangenate and where it get it. That might be a magic ingredient.
                              Actually "Big Bertha" seems to be the strongest. I used flex aluminum dryer hose and copper coil inside.
                              You can get it in pharmacy (KMnO4). It comes in the small plastic jar, about 1/2 ounce. I only used 1/4 tsp. It is active compound used as antiseptic. Stains badly when mixed with water. I remember playing with when I was 10 or so. It will ignite when exposed to glycerin.

I set another electrolysis to get some copper oxide deposited on the electrode which I'll use for another cell. First batch is evaporating nicely. It should be dry within couple hours.

Vtech

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Potassium Permaganate

You can also buy "KMnO4" as a tree stump killer. Check Home depot or lowes. Often times the higher concentrations of the stuff is around 95% KMnO4, and costs 4-8 bucks for a decent quantity of it.

Hope this helps.
                                This stuff sure is quirky,
                                ==Romo

Comment

Working...
                                X