Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
    Wouldn't that size cell output that much or more, even without the chili? What happened to the 500 to 600 mAs?
    Nick, this was created before the hydrogen peroxide add, the H.P. added to chili cell goes way up, then way down in power very fast, about 100Ma after 3 days

Comment

• Also, with this cell

Allwest power cell # 6 - YouTube

It is thermally reactive, going up with the temp

Comment

• LEDs

Fausto, heres the link of the LEDs you requested

5mm White LED (360 degree) (RL5-W45-360) | Component LEDs | Super Bright LEDs

Comment

• cgarvisardila:
          Nice light output, and interesting leds also. You'll have even higher mAs by making the cells a bit bigger.
          I use the "Flat Top" leds to get that wide angle light. They also do a good job of spreading the light, and don't cost much. They come on some of the Christmas tree lights strings.
          You can apply pressure to your cells by using a C-clamp that fits the width of the cells. I am doing something like that on some of my cells now. It helps to raise the output, and keep it there. The carbon/salt cells seam to really like it. If you do it, you'll have to insulate the negative side of the clamp from the cell, so it won't short out.
          Last edited by NickZ; 04-22-2012, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cgalvisardila View Post
            Thank you. I just purchased some of those.

@All,

my 3 cells I have done using the dielectric grease are running wonderfully well and beyond expectations. It is surpassing the performance of all my other cells and best of all they are running from 5 to 6 LEDS in parallel non-stop for 3 weeks now and their voltage under load is a steady 2.70v.

It goes up in the night and down during the day to 2.69998v, so in other words, extremely stable at 2.70v. It must be giving at least 10ma to light really bright 5/6 LEDs non-stop.

Those cells I have not added water AGAIN at all since they were born.

Another base cell I did with magnesium ribbon is still running un-corroded. So I guess the grease with paper does indeed protect the Magnesium.

I guess, we have found one perfect formula.

Today I will make my first big size cell with 36 cells to be 12 cells in series with 3 sections in parallel. I expect to have around 15v at 100ma non stop.

Fausto.

Comment

• Fausto.

Looking forward to it

Best of luck

Comment

• That's great fausto, can you share the specs of the grease you're using? please?

cheers, good job!

Comment

• Originally posted by cgalvisardila View Post
                  That's great fausto, can you share the specs of the grease you're using? please?

cheers, good job!
                  this one:

PERMATEX DIELECTRIC WATER RESISTANT GREASE 3 OZ | eBay

Fausto.

Comment

cgarvisardila:
                    Nice light output, and interesting leds also. You'll have even higher mAs by making the cells a bit bigger.
                    I use the "Flat Top" leds to get that wide angle light. They also do a good job of spreading the light, and don't cost much. They come on some of the Christmas tree lights strings.
                    You can apply pressure to your cells by using a C-clamp that fits the width of the cells. I am doing something like that on some of my cells now. It helps to raise the output, and keep it there. The carbon/salt cells seam to really like it. If you do it, you'll have to insulate the negative side of the clamp from the cell, so it won't short out.

thanks for the tip! but i tried that already, i've done it with big plates and the output power is very much the same, it has more to do with the type of mag i'm using, these plates have a thin poor quality mag sheet, i'm waiting on a high purity plate... the clamps help but not as much as they could, because when you pressure the mix is compresses inwards, but it expands to the edges so, there's no real compression of the material itself... we need to encase the mix somehow and put real compression, that's how i got the mix to sizzle and get hot, its the same thing that happened when bedini built that cell under pressure, the mix compressed so much that it released the trapped water in the salts, that's what we're looking for.

Comment

• Yes, the type and purity of the metal is very important. But, if your cells are placed in series, the current levels will be the same, and only the voltage will go up.
                      Even with the aluminum that I use, I notice that there are big differences between different types, in how they react. I am getting much higher current, two to three times more compared to when no presure, is applied. But, pressure does not help the voltage by much.
                      One of my single cells when under intense pressure can output 75 mA. This is just with using table salt, Silica gel, Cu/Al, nothing else. So, my set up is a bit different.
                      I'm using a grease that is like Vaseline type of grease and it is also working well. But I'll pick up some of the Permatex dielectric spark plug grease too, and give it a try. It seams like any grease is better that nothing.
                      So, it appears that the main source of the oxidation is due to the salts mixing with the external oxygen in the air, instead of the galvanic reaction. No air, no oxydation??? Somehow it make sense.
                      Last edited by NickZ; 04-22-2012, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• I am trying to replicate the AA battery model as much as possible because most of the things I would use these batteries for, would power small devices. Being that I don't have Mg on hand, I'm working with steel screws inside this tubing.

I placed a mixture of epsom salt on a piece of paper towel and insulated the screw with it. I fired a coil of copper and wrapped that around the paper towel tightly (since we all like the pressure). I added water once, put electrical tape around it and slid it inside these tubes. I made sure both ends had protruding electrodes and filled in the rest with silicone.

These aren't going to do much because I'm not using Mg, but just wanted to see a prototype using this method. I'm getting around 1volt and 5-10mA. I would like to see how long they will last without adding more water. I'm sure they will die out, but I want to take a very small drill bit near the negative end to access the paper towel and induct water into the cell again.

I'll keep you posted on how long it lasts.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• BrOn:
                          I made a similar setup to use in the plastic AA battery holders that connect to the oscillator. Only I used two small capacitor cans, both of them together which are the size of one of your cells.
                          I have also gotten about 1 volt, and about 30 mA, from each cell when they were first made. As they are placed in series, I'm getting 2 volts, and the current is now 8 mA, from each, a month later.
                          One of the cells has been sealed air tight for the last month or so, and the other has a small watering hole. Even one cell was not watered for a month, it still is reading 1 volt, 8mA, and together they light from 3 to 6 leds off my oscillator. Not as bright as before but still at it, so not so bad for very small cells that are just 3/8" by 3/4" each. Both are holding up about the same, but the one that got watered is more oxidized, the other one does not show hardly any oxidation. No grease was used on them, or pressure, either.
                          Last edited by NickZ; 04-22-2012, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• Very nice man. Did you use magnesium? Did you fire the copper before putting those together? I'm interested to see if that helps the scenario.

Comment

• I used aluminum capacitor cans, or aluminum tubes filled with activated carbon/salt, and a carbon rod.

The heat treated semiconductor copper tubes as the positive on some of my other cells that I had made before, did not show oxidation on the copper when I opened them up today.
                              I use aluminum instead of Mg, as I can't find the Mg yet, aluminum probably lasts longer than the untreated Mg. So, using grease should help, so far it has.
                              I'm trying to connect 4 cells together now to see what I get.

Couple of pics that I had shown before, but the new guys have not seen them yet. I'm making much bigger cells now though.
                              Last edited by NickZ; 04-29-2012, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Yes, the type and purity of the metal is very important. But, if your cells are placed in series, the current levels will be the same, and only the voltage will go up.
                                Even with the aluminum that I use, I notice that there are big differences between different types, in how they react. I am getting much higher current, two to three times more compared to when no presure, is applied. But, pressure does not help the voltage by much.
                                One of my single cells when under intense pressure can output 75 mA. This is just with using table salt, Silica gel, Cu/Al, nothing else. So, my set up is a bit different.
                                I'm using a grease that is like Vaseline type of grease and it is also working well. But I'll pick up some of the Permatex dielectric spark plug grease too, and give it a try. It seams like any grease is better that nothing.
                                So, it appears that the main source of the oxidation is due to the salts mixing with the external oxygen in the air, instead of the galvanic reaction. No air, no oxydation??? Somehow it make sense.

Nick, you are very right, in fact i just made an experiment with pressure and i saw very clearly that when you rise the pressure on the cell, the amps go way up, but also the Voltage goes down, the more pressure, less volts, its inversionally proportional.... i prefer the amps if you ask me, you can gang many cells to make more volts, but amperage is harder to get, even connecting them in parallel does not rise the amps very much, i tried already.... current remains elusive.

Comment

Working...
                                X